- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:91-53-2
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Ethoxyquin ( CASNO:91-53-2 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- yellow to red-brown liquid
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 137 °C
- Water Solubility：
- < 1 mg/ ml at 20 C
- YELLOW LIQUID
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with oxidizing agents, strong acids. Polymerizes if heated. May polymerize upon exposure to light and air.
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- INDEX OF REFRACTION: 1.569-1.672 AT 25 DEG C/D
MAX ABSORPTION: 354 NM
Intense mass spectral peaks: 202 m/z (100%), 108 m/z (53%), 174 m/z (48%), 137 m/z (36%)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:217.30676 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:2
Topological Polar Surface Area:21.3
Heavy Atom Count:16
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Feature 3D Donor Count:1
Feature 3D Cation Count:1
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:2.4
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:4
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- SKIN IRRITANT.
- Fire Potential:
- FIRE HAZARD /IS/ SLIGHT
- USEPA/OPP Pesticide Code 055501; Trade Names: Stop-scald.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Ethoxyquin is a food additive permitted for direct addition to food for human consumption, as long as 1) the quantity added to food does not exceed the amount reasonably required to accomplish its intended physical, nutritive, or other technical effect in food, and 2) when intended for use in or on food it is of appropriate food grade and is prepared and handled as a food ingredient.
Ethoxyquin in animal feeds may be safely used in accordance with conditions prescribed in 21 CFR Part 573.
Ethoxyquin in certain dehydrated forage crops may be safely used in accordance with conditions prescribed in 21 CFR Part 573.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Can react with oxidizing materials.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- SKIN IRRITANT.
- The Ethoxyquin with the cas number 91-53-2, is also called 6-ethoxy-2,2,4-trimethyl-1H-quinolinenamed by IUPAC. There are also other names such as (1)6-Ethoxy-2,2,4-trimethyl-1,2-dihydrochinolin ; (2)6-ethoxy-2,2,4-trimethyl-1,2-dihydroquinoline ; (3)quinoline, 6-ethoxy-1,2-dihydro-2,2,4-trimethyl- ; (4)Santoflex. It belongs to the following product categories: (1)Industrial/Fine Chemicals; (2)Inorganic & Organic Chemicals; (3)Antioxidant; (4)Biochemistry; (5)Amines; (6)Aromatics; (7)Heterocycles. Besides, it is stable, but combustible and incompatible with oxidizing agents, strong acids. And it will polymerizes if heated or may polymerize upon exposure to light and air. Physical properties about this chemical are: (1)ACD/LogP: 3.93 ; (2)# of Rule of 5 Violations: 0 ; (3)ACD/LogD (pH 5.5): 3.57 ; (4)ACD/LogD (pH 7.4): 3.92 ; (5)ACD/BCF (pH 5.5): 247.56 ; (6)ACD/BCF (pH 7.4): 559.1 ; (7)ACD/KOC (pH 5.5): 1420.5 ; (8)ACD/KOC (pH 7.4): 3208.1 ; (9)#H bond acceptors: 2 ; (10)#H bond donors: 1 ; (11)#Freely Rotating Bonds: 2 ; (12)Polar Surface Area: 12.47??2 ; (13)Index of Refraction: 1.511 ; (14)Molar Refractivity: 66.71 cm3 ; (15)Molar Volume: 222.4 cm3 ; (16)Polarizability: 26.44 ×10-24cm3 ; (17)Surface Tension: 29.7 dyne/cm ; (18)Density: 0.976 g/cm3 ; (19)Flash Point: 137.8 °C ; (20)Enthalpy of Vaporization: 57.59 kJ/mol ; (21)Boiling Point: 333.1 °C at 760 mmHg ; (22)Vapour Pressure: 0.00014 mmHg at 25°C Uses of Ethoxyquin: Ethoxyquin is a quinoline-based antioxidant used as a food preservative (E324) and a pesticide (under commercial names such as "Stop-Scald"). It is commonly used as a preservative in pet foods to prevent the rancidification of fats. Besides, Ethoxyquin is also commonly used in spices to prevent color loss due to oxidation of the natural carotenoid pigments. You can still convert the following datas into molecular structure :
(1) SMILES: O(c2ccc1c(\C(=C/C(N1)(C)C)C)c2)CC
(2) InChI: InChI=1/C14H19NO/c1-5-16-11-6-7-13-12(8-11)10(2)9-14(3,4)15-13/h6-9,15H,5H2,1-4H3 Toxic information of Ethoxyquin can be showed as follows:
Organism Test Type Route Reported Dose (Normalized Dose) Effect Source mouse LD50 intraperitoneal 200mg/kg (200mg/kg) ? National Technical Information Service. Vol. AD277-689, mouse LD50 intravenous 178mg/kg (178mg/kg) BEHAVIORAL: ALTERED SLEEP TIME (INCLUDING CHANGE IN RIGHTING REFLEX)
BEHAVIORAL: CONVULSIONS OR EFFECT ON SEIZURE THRESHOLD
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Vol. 7, Pg. 203, 1959. mouse LD50 oral 1584mg/kg (1584mg/kg) BEHAVIORAL: SOMNOLENCE (GENERAL DEPRESSED ACTIVITY)
LUNGS, THORAX, OR RESPIRATION: DYSPNEA
Toksikologicheskii Vestnik. Vol. (6), Pg. 29, 1997. rat LD50 oral 800mg/kg (800mg/kg) ? Rubber Chemistry and Technology. Vol. 45, Pg. 627, 1972.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
/BY PASSING ACETONE VAPOR INTO P-PHENETIDINE CONTAINING 1% OF IODINE @ 120-130 DEG C & SEPARATING BY DISTILLATION/
- Antioxidant in feed and food; antidegradation agent for rubber.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Therapeutic Uses:
- (VET): Ethoxyquin is added to animal feeds at 0.015% as an antioxidant ... to help prevent encephalomalacia in growing chickens.
(VET): SANTOQUIN HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY USED WITH VITAMIN E IN TREATMENT OF WHITE MUSCLE DISEASE IN LAMBS.
Vitamin E and also several synthetic antioxidants, such as ... ethoxyquin, have modified tumor induction by certain carcinogens in a number of target organs. However, inhibition was achieved at high doses at which induction of biotransformation enzymes also occurs with the synthetics and, therefore, inhibition may not be due solely to antioxidant effects.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- FEEDING TRIAL IN COWS WAS CONDUCTED TO DETERMINE WHETHER ETHOXYQUIN OR ITS RESIDUES ARE TRANSFERRED FROM FEED TO MILK WHEN ADDED TO COW FEED AT 0.015% OF DRY MATTER INTAKE. LESS THAN 7 UG ETHOXYQUIN/L WAS DETECTED IN MILK BY FLUORIMETRY & BY THIN-LAYER CHROMATOGRAPHY. [DUNKLEY WL ET AL; J DAIRY SCI 51 (8): 1215-8 (1968)] PubMed Abstract
(14)C-ETHOXYQUIN WAS DISTRIBUTED THROUGHOUT MOST TISSUES & BLOOD AT 0.5 HR AFTER ADMIN TO RATS. HIGHEST RADIOACTIVITY THROUGHOUT EXPERIMENT WAS OBSERVED IN LIVER, KIDNEY, GI TRACT & ADIPOSE TISSUE. THERE WAS NO ACTIVITY IN CNS. OF DOSE INGESTED BY RAT 2.2 & 0.2% WERE FOUND IN LIVER AT 0.5 HR & 6 DAYS RESPECTIVELY FOLLOWING DOSE. HEPATIC PEAK IN RADIOACTIVITY WAS MEASURED AT 8 HR; & AFTER 6 DAYS 7.5% OF THIS LEVEL WAS STILL PRESENT IN LIVER. 6 DAYS AFTER ADMIN TO RATS RESIDUES OF ETHOXYQUIN & METABOLITES WERE PRESENT IN KIDNEY CORTEX, INTESTINES, LUNG, VARIOUS ADIPOSE TISSUES & BLOOD.
The compound is readily absorbed, metabolized, and excreted in urine and feces.
Ethoxyquin residue levels in the mouse tissue were determined by the HPLC-fluorometric detection method. Mice were given powdered feed containing 0, 0.125, and 0.5% ethoxyquin hydrochloric acid and the ethoxyquin residue levels in liver kidney, lung, and brain tissues were determined after 2, 4, 6, 10, and 14 wk (4 mice/group). The tissue samples were homogenized in 10 volumes (w/v) of acetonitrile-water (7:3 v/v) centrifuged and the supernatants were stored in a freezer for 2-3 hr or until the two layers separated; then the clear upper layers were analyzed. The mean ethoxyquin residue levels in the tissue ranged 0.84-4.58 ug ethoxyquin/g liver and 0.11-0.92 ug ethoxyquin/g brain. The relative weight of the liver (5.21-7.07% body weight) and the hepatic glutathione level (5.99-7.83 uM GSH/g tissue) of mice that received ethoxyquin were significantly higher than those of the controls (4.67-5.05% body weight and 4.30-5.78 uM GSH/g tissue, respectively). The mean hepatic mitochondrial glutathione levels of the higher ethoxyquin feeding group following dietary administration of ethoxyquin for 14 wk, was approximately twofold (1.68 nM GSH/mg protein) of both the control and the lower ethoxyquin feeding groups (0.83 and 0.74 nM GSH/mg protein, respectively. [Kim HL; J Toxicol Environ Health 33 (21): 229-36 (1991)] PubMed Abstract
- QUANXING MACHINING GROUP CO., LTD:
- QUANXING MACHINING GROUP CO., LTD was established in July of 2000. It is specializing in developing and manufacturing power steering pump applying to heavy duty trucks,Website:http://www.quanxingcns.com, light duty buses and passenger cars. The company has more than 2600 staffs including 260 middle title staffs and 25 high title staffs with 15 invention patents and 20 utility patents overseas. The fixed asset of the company is 1 billion RMB. Now the annual production capacity is 3.9 million units of power steering pumps and 150,000 units of steering gear boxes. The company is also introducing the Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS). Now the company has become the strongest, largest, most comprehensive and most professional steering system manufacturer in China. The company brings in advanc
- Xiantao Chutian Fine Chemical Factory:
- profile: Xiantao Chutian Fine Chemical Factory is an expert within the manufacturing of pharmaceutical intermediates. Our products includes 2-methyl-1,3-cyclopentanedione, 2-ethyl-1,3-cyclopentanedione, ethyl chloroacetate, cyanoacetamide, dichloracetamide, chloracetamide, Tetralone, 2,7-dichlorofluorene, 2-CHLORO-1,4-naphthoquinore , 2,7-dihydroxy-9-fluorenone and 2-amino-3,5-dichloropyridine. Our dichloracetamide can be used within the making ofacetonitrile and pharmaceutical intermediates.
- Xi'an Day Natural Tech Co., Ltd:
- Founded in Apr. 2009, Xi'an Day Natural Technology Co., Ltd, like a hi-tech enterprise, holds independent intellectual qualities and locates in Xi'an Hi-Tech industries development zone. Day Natural mainly manufactures recycleables for global health domain and is an expert in yield, R&D and distribution of high-quality plant extract, concentrated juice, fruit power and some types of natural items. All items mostly are utilized as active components and intermediates for beverage, functional food items, dietary supplements in addition to cosmetics./ / Since establishment, Day Natural demands on innovating individually, consequently constantly enhances management, updates equipment, and advances process. To date, we've successively acquired ISO9001 quality management system certificate,
- Ningbo Aohong packaging printing co., LTD:
- We have 20 years experience providing innovative packaging solutions. We care about our clients and look to establish long-term successful partnerships. We have the ability to supply small MOQ and consolidate multiple product lines per shipment. We know what you want and are able to offer of the latest materials and technologies coming out of China. We offer good prices with quality together as a one-stop service across a diverse range of packaging products. We aim to be your supplier and be your friend!!! Website:http://www.packagingroup.net
- Cixi Tianxiaxing Rubber Products Co., Ltd:
- CXTXX Rubber company are one of the most professional manufacturers of rubber products and it has a convenient location in Ningbo city,Website:http://www.cxtxxrubber.com, where near Shanghai. CXTXX has the larger covering area about 7000 square meters and possess total asset attained RMB35 millions, With the advance of rubber foaming technique enable us to specialized in producing variety of rubber product, including mouse pad, anti-slip backing material, door/floor mat,PVC mat,Silicone mat,natural rubber foaming roll, flip flops, bar mat, desk counter mat,pet mat .etc? CXTXX had win a high admiration and is widely trusted at home and abroad during the years manufacturing. After invested US dollars 2.5 million to upgrading facilities, the company now obtain 1 widdest rubber foaming product
- EAST EDEN PHARMACEUTICALS CO.,LTD.:
- EAST EDEN Pharmaceutical drugs CO.,Ltd. is involved in research, production, Marketing and service of pharmaceutical intermediates and diet elements, offering custom synthesis and contract manufacture as well as sourcing service Have own lab center in Shanghai for research and pilot scale production, have the ability to do various responses, particularly strong in prohormones an anabolic steroids. Use us, no worry of quality and cost in addition to service.
- Shandong Huafu Steel Ball Co, Ltd:
- Jinan Huafu Forging Co.,Ltd is locates in Zhangqiu city,Website:http://www.sdhuafu.com,Shandong province,45Kilometers to the Jian downtown,next to the 309 national way,Information collected fast,traffic convenient.Our company covers the 8000square meters area,over 150 employees,annual production capacity is 100000 tons,invested 11 million yuan.Our company main produce forged steel ball,casting iron ball,steel cylpebs ,grinding rod,mill liners,steel,hammerhead,automatic production line of steel ball &grinding rod and decorative wrought iron products.Our company regulate and produce strictly according to the ISO9001:2008 Quality standard.The application for our products are mines,cement plant,building material,power station,chemical industry and steel mill.Our products mainly to domestic sal
- Lachemi Chemorgs P. Ltd.:
- Lachemi Chemorgs is really a dynamic growing company focused to fabricate number of Intermediates, fine chemicals and Specialty Chemicals in neuro-scientific Pharmaceutical drugs, polymers, Cosmetics & Personal Care, coming agents and Water Treatment Chemicals.