- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:91-53-2
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Ethoxyquin ( CASNO:91-53-2 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- yellow to red-brown liquid
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 137 °C
- Water Solubility：
- < 1 mg/ ml at 20 C
- YELLOW LIQUID
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with oxidizing agents, strong acids. Polymerizes if heated. May polymerize upon exposure to light and air.
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- INDEX OF REFRACTION: 1.569-1.672 AT 25 DEG C/D
MAX ABSORPTION: 354 NM
Intense mass spectral peaks: 202 m/z (100%), 108 m/z (53%), 174 m/z (48%), 137 m/z (36%)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:217.30676 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:2
Topological Polar Surface Area:21.3
Heavy Atom Count:16
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Feature 3D Donor Count:1
Feature 3D Cation Count:1
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:2.4
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:4
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- SKIN IRRITANT.
- Fire Potential:
- FIRE HAZARD /IS/ SLIGHT
- USEPA/OPP Pesticide Code 055501; Trade Names: Stop-scald.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Ethoxyquin is a food additive permitted for direct addition to food for human consumption, as long as 1) the quantity added to food does not exceed the amount reasonably required to accomplish its intended physical, nutritive, or other technical effect in food, and 2) when intended for use in or on food it is of appropriate food grade and is prepared and handled as a food ingredient.
Ethoxyquin in animal feeds may be safely used in accordance with conditions prescribed in 21 CFR Part 573.
Ethoxyquin in certain dehydrated forage crops may be safely used in accordance with conditions prescribed in 21 CFR Part 573.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Can react with oxidizing materials.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- SKIN IRRITANT.
- The Ethoxyquin with the cas number 91-53-2, is also called 6-ethoxy-2,2,4-trimethyl-1H-quinolinenamed by IUPAC. There are also other names such as (1)6-Ethoxy-2,2,4-trimethyl-1,2-dihydrochinolin ; (2)6-ethoxy-2,2,4-trimethyl-1,2-dihydroquinoline ; (3)quinoline, 6-ethoxy-1,2-dihydro-2,2,4-trimethyl- ; (4)Santoflex. It belongs to the following product categories: (1)Industrial/Fine Chemicals; (2)Inorganic & Organic Chemicals; (3)Antioxidant; (4)Biochemistry; (5)Amines; (6)Aromatics; (7)Heterocycles. Besides, it is stable, but combustible and incompatible with oxidizing agents, strong acids. And it will polymerizes if heated or may polymerize upon exposure to light and air. Physical properties about this chemical are: (1)ACD/LogP: 3.93 ; (2)# of Rule of 5 Violations: 0 ; (3)ACD/LogD (pH 5.5): 3.57 ; (4)ACD/LogD (pH 7.4): 3.92 ; (5)ACD/BCF (pH 5.5): 247.56 ; (6)ACD/BCF (pH 7.4): 559.1 ; (7)ACD/KOC (pH 5.5): 1420.5 ; (8)ACD/KOC (pH 7.4): 3208.1 ; (9)#H bond acceptors: 2 ; (10)#H bond donors: 1 ; (11)#Freely Rotating Bonds: 2 ; (12)Polar Surface Area: 12.47??2 ; (13)Index of Refraction: 1.511 ; (14)Molar Refractivity: 66.71 cm3 ; (15)Molar Volume: 222.4 cm3 ; (16)Polarizability: 26.44 ×10-24cm3 ; (17)Surface Tension: 29.7 dyne/cm ; (18)Density: 0.976 g/cm3 ; (19)Flash Point: 137.8 °C ; (20)Enthalpy of Vaporization: 57.59 kJ/mol ; (21)Boiling Point: 333.1 °C at 760 mmHg ; (22)Vapour Pressure: 0.00014 mmHg at 25°C Uses of Ethoxyquin: Ethoxyquin is a quinoline-based antioxidant used as a food preservative (E324) and a pesticide (under commercial names such as "Stop-Scald"). It is commonly used as a preservative in pet foods to prevent the rancidification of fats. Besides, Ethoxyquin is also commonly used in spices to prevent color loss due to oxidation of the natural carotenoid pigments. You can still convert the following datas into molecular structure :
(1) SMILES: O(c2ccc1c(\C(=C/C(N1)(C)C)C)c2)CC
(2) InChI: InChI=1/C14H19NO/c1-5-16-11-6-7-13-12(8-11)10(2)9-14(3,4)15-13/h6-9,15H,5H2,1-4H3 Toxic information of Ethoxyquin can be showed as follows:
Organism Test Type Route Reported Dose (Normalized Dose) Effect Source mouse LD50 intraperitoneal 200mg/kg (200mg/kg) ? National Technical Information Service. Vol. AD277-689, mouse LD50 intravenous 178mg/kg (178mg/kg) BEHAVIORAL: ALTERED SLEEP TIME (INCLUDING CHANGE IN RIGHTING REFLEX)
BEHAVIORAL: CONVULSIONS OR EFFECT ON SEIZURE THRESHOLD
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Vol. 7, Pg. 203, 1959. mouse LD50 oral 1584mg/kg (1584mg/kg) BEHAVIORAL: SOMNOLENCE (GENERAL DEPRESSED ACTIVITY)
LUNGS, THORAX, OR RESPIRATION: DYSPNEA
Toksikologicheskii Vestnik. Vol. (6), Pg. 29, 1997. rat LD50 oral 800mg/kg (800mg/kg) ? Rubber Chemistry and Technology. Vol. 45, Pg. 627, 1972.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
/BY PASSING ACETONE VAPOR INTO P-PHENETIDINE CONTAINING 1% OF IODINE @ 120-130 DEG C & SEPARATING BY DISTILLATION/
- Antioxidant in feed and food; antidegradation agent for rubber.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Therapeutic Uses:
- (VET): Ethoxyquin is added to animal feeds at 0.015% as an antioxidant ... to help prevent encephalomalacia in growing chickens.
(VET): SANTOQUIN HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY USED WITH VITAMIN E IN TREATMENT OF WHITE MUSCLE DISEASE IN LAMBS.
Vitamin E and also several synthetic antioxidants, such as ... ethoxyquin, have modified tumor induction by certain carcinogens in a number of target organs. However, inhibition was achieved at high doses at which induction of biotransformation enzymes also occurs with the synthetics and, therefore, inhibition may not be due solely to antioxidant effects.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- FEEDING TRIAL IN COWS WAS CONDUCTED TO DETERMINE WHETHER ETHOXYQUIN OR ITS RESIDUES ARE TRANSFERRED FROM FEED TO MILK WHEN ADDED TO COW FEED AT 0.015% OF DRY MATTER INTAKE. LESS THAN 7 UG ETHOXYQUIN/L WAS DETECTED IN MILK BY FLUORIMETRY & BY THIN-LAYER CHROMATOGRAPHY. [DUNKLEY WL ET AL; J DAIRY SCI 51 (8): 1215-8 (1968)] PubMed Abstract
(14)C-ETHOXYQUIN WAS DISTRIBUTED THROUGHOUT MOST TISSUES & BLOOD AT 0.5 HR AFTER ADMIN TO RATS. HIGHEST RADIOACTIVITY THROUGHOUT EXPERIMENT WAS OBSERVED IN LIVER, KIDNEY, GI TRACT & ADIPOSE TISSUE. THERE WAS NO ACTIVITY IN CNS. OF DOSE INGESTED BY RAT 2.2 & 0.2% WERE FOUND IN LIVER AT 0.5 HR & 6 DAYS RESPECTIVELY FOLLOWING DOSE. HEPATIC PEAK IN RADIOACTIVITY WAS MEASURED AT 8 HR; & AFTER 6 DAYS 7.5% OF THIS LEVEL WAS STILL PRESENT IN LIVER. 6 DAYS AFTER ADMIN TO RATS RESIDUES OF ETHOXYQUIN & METABOLITES WERE PRESENT IN KIDNEY CORTEX, INTESTINES, LUNG, VARIOUS ADIPOSE TISSUES & BLOOD.
The compound is readily absorbed, metabolized, and excreted in urine and feces.
Ethoxyquin residue levels in the mouse tissue were determined by the HPLC-fluorometric detection method. Mice were given powdered feed containing 0, 0.125, and 0.5% ethoxyquin hydrochloric acid and the ethoxyquin residue levels in liver kidney, lung, and brain tissues were determined after 2, 4, 6, 10, and 14 wk (4 mice/group). The tissue samples were homogenized in 10 volumes (w/v) of acetonitrile-water (7:3 v/v) centrifuged and the supernatants were stored in a freezer for 2-3 hr or until the two layers separated; then the clear upper layers were analyzed. The mean ethoxyquin residue levels in the tissue ranged 0.84-4.58 ug ethoxyquin/g liver and 0.11-0.92 ug ethoxyquin/g brain. The relative weight of the liver (5.21-7.07% body weight) and the hepatic glutathione level (5.99-7.83 uM GSH/g tissue) of mice that received ethoxyquin were significantly higher than those of the controls (4.67-5.05% body weight and 4.30-5.78 uM GSH/g tissue, respectively). The mean hepatic mitochondrial glutathione levels of the higher ethoxyquin feeding group following dietary administration of ethoxyquin for 14 wk, was approximately twofold (1.68 nM GSH/mg protein) of both the control and the lower ethoxyquin feeding groups (0.83 and 0.74 nM GSH/mg protein, respectively. [Kim HL; J Toxicol Environ Health 33 (21): 229-36 (1991)] PubMed Abstract
- CHUSRI P.CO.Ltd, is definitely an organization that continues to be completely committed to the mission and purpose, continues to be an hugely fruitful one this far. The organization formally commenced business procedures four years in 2008. and, these valuable beginning years happen to be duly useful for creating its brand identity among the most prominent chemical companies towards the market. CHUSRI P.CO.LTD has additionally worked and been successful in complete diversification of their range of products of these years. consequently, it has been able to cater to a huge cross section of customers in a large market , marking its all prevailing presence inside a wide market. It's a completely well established corporate organization within the chemical wholesale supp
- HUEI-HO INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD:
- Huei-Ho Worldwide Co., Ltd., Situated in Shanghai, the favourite economic center of China, is really a professional trade enterprise in fields of all types of pharmaceutical & pesticide intermediates, and pharmaceutical materials. / / We provide a number of intermediates and fine chemicals. Our management is just based on the standard of ISO. We're reliable by our clients and partners like a trustworthy supplier, and items we provided happen to be well recognized by clients for that top quality and affordable prices we provide. Therefore, the amount of our commercial clients is creasing effectively, who're mainly from southeast of Asia, Europe and The United States. / / The competitive items include Sodium BorohydridePhenyl Ethyl Alcohol, 2,2,2-Trifluoro Ethanol, n,N-Dimethyl Carbamoyl Ch
- Ruian Wanye Electric Appatatus Co.,LTD:
- Ruian Wanye Electric Apparatus Co.,LTD was established in 1995,Website:http://www.wanye-shock.com,specializing in producing shock absorber.We own more than 8,000 square meters building area and equipped with more than 80 employees and 5 technicians.Now we have produced more than 1000 kinds of the shock absorber, aslo can help to develop new models according to customer' s requirement.our productions have been sold well to foreign counties.we have got high praises from our customers. We bring in advanced manufacturing facilities and inspecting instruments,aiming to put the quality first、value the reputation highly、take the management as principal and offer honest service.All friends at internal and abroad are warmly welcome to cooperate and create future.
- Becheel Group Inc:
- Manufacturer / exporters / wholesale providers of silver metallic mercury, chloroform, virgin liquid metallic mercury, Perchloroethylene, potassium cyanide, sodium cyanide, Calcium Cyanamide, mercury, silver liquid metallic mercury, Caustic soda, ingots: aluminium, Magensium, lead etc.
- Qingdao Jiachun Machinery Co., Ltd NO:
- Qingdao Jiachun Machinery Co., Ltd. is one of the largest textile machinery manufacturers in China,Website:http://www.jiachun-russia.com, specializing in Water jet loom/Air jet loom/Non-woven machinery/Woodworking machine, having experience of more than 14 years in this industry. With the rapid development of our factory, we are dedicated to reliable quality, fastest delivery and best service to customers all the time. Reliable quality Thanks to our persistence on innovation and improvement of the machine since 2002, and main parts production all by ourselves, our quality is very stable, on the top level in this industry. Also ISO&GMC certificated, all above is why we can sell over 2000 sets per year and apply more than 100 patents till now. Fastest delivery With 3 factory sites and mature
- YONGKANG OCEAN IMP AND EXP CO.,LTD:
- OCEAN is one of the best spraying equipment company in China,Website:http://www.airlessspraytech.com, which has nearly 10 years history of development. We have our own independent brand—HYVST. Absolutely, We have a professional team that would make development and research on new products constantly. This team helps us keep close contact with the International market. In addition, we could provide ONE-STOP service from machine production to the machine export. It’s our big advantage that we provide service for Good Quality and Fast Delivery. OCEAN is looking forward to make a good cooperation with you.
- S. Goldmann GmbH & Co. KG:
- profile: s. Goldmann GmbH & Co. KG is an expert in niche chemicals and dyes. We cope with thermoplastics, and coloring candle lights. Our items include ammonium polyphosphate, acetonitril,antimony compounds, Benzophenone-12, Borates, citrazinic acidity, cobalt compounds, complexing agents, copper (i) Chloride, crotonic acidity,dicyandiamide and flame retardants.
- 38Fule was established in 1992,Website:http://www.38fulebio.com, it was transformed to 38Fule Co.,Ltd in 1999 ,approved by Shaanxi province government. In 2011,38fule international group was set up, located in Van Metropolis,hitech district,Xi’an,dealing with industries,such as medical care,financial investment,real estate and so on,with more than 300 employees.The total assets is up to 300 million yuan. During 23 years development.the main brand “38Fule”, gained many titles such as national famous brand, the most popular products of women, the most competitive female brand,and Shaanxi province famous trademark.The group chairman,Yuan Xiaofeng is granted as Chinese Youth Technology Entrepreneurs,the outstanding expert of Shaanxi province.He occupied social duties as the committee member of
- Shijiazhuang Dexiang Chemicals Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Shijiazhuang Dexiang Chemicals Co., Ltd. is really a producer of fundamental inorganic & organic chemicals and dyestuffs. Our items include sodium carbonate, nitrate, Sulphate, metabisulfite, Formate, benzoate, tripolyphosphate &aluminum oxide, sulphate & polyaluminum chloride. We provide iron oxide, zinc & sulfate, Formic, Glacial Acetic, oxalic & stearic chemicals, lithopone,carbon black and Pentaerythritol.
- Hebei Allland Steel Pipe Manufacturing Co. Ltd.:
- Hebei Allland Steel Pipe Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is one of the leading companies in North China specializing in the manufacturing of longitudinally submerged-arc welded steel pipes (LSAW). Allland is situated in Zhifangtou industrial park of Cang County in Cangzhou City of Hebei Province with a total area of 60,Website:http://www.alllandsteelpipes.com,000 square meters. It has a total investment of ?50 million. The annual output capacity is 200,000 tons of steel pipes and 5,000 pieces of wind turbine tower. Allland’s products are sold to many countries of the world and enjoy a great reputation among all the customers.