- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:9012-76-4
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Chitosan ( CASNO:9012-76-4 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Flonac C
Marinkaito F 05N
Marinkaito F 05S
Sea Cure 123
SK 10 (polysaccharide)
HC 1 (polysaccharide)
North Chitosan MC 1
Sea Cure 143
Sea Cure 340
Chitopearl BCW 3505
Chiton (molluscan common name)Chitopearl 3510
Chitopearl BCW 3507
Hiset KW 5
WOT Recovery Floc T
Sea Cure 243
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- faintly beige solid
- Melting Point:
- 88 deg C
- Refractive Index:
- insoluble in water
- insoluble in water
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Storage temp:
- Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:179.17112 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:1
Topological Polar Surface Area:116
Heavy Atom Count:12
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:5
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:5
Feature 3D Donor Count:5
Feature 3D Cation Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:2.2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:6
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Codes:Xn
20/21/22:Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
36/37/38:Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin
24/25:Avoid contact with skin and eyes
36:Wear suitable protective clothing
26:In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- The three forms of glucosamine available commercially are glucosamine hydrochloride, glucosamine sulfate and N-acetyl glucosamine.
- The Chitosan, with the cas registry number 9012-76-4, is a kind of white colorless solid. This is stable but incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. And its product categories are including Miscellaneous Natural Products; Biochemistry; Polysaccharides; Sugars; Nutritional Supplements; Dextrins Sugar & Carbohydrates. The physical properties of this chemical are as follows: (1)# of Rule of 5 Violations: 3; (2)ACD/BCF (pH 5.5): 1; (3)ACD/BCF (pH 7.4): 1; (4)ACD/KOC (pH 5.5): 1; (5)ACD/KOC (pH 7.4): 1; (6)#H bond acceptors: 48; (7)#H bond donors: 37; (8)#Freely Rotating Bonds: 55; (9)Polar Surface Area: 808; (10)Index of Refraction: 1.701; (11)Molar Refractivity: 336.803 cm3; (12)Molar Volume: 870.564 cm3; (13)Polarizability: 133.519 ×10-24 cm3; (14)Surface Tension: 122.211 dyne/cm; (15)Density: 1.753 g/cm3; (16)Exact Mass: 179.079373; (17)MonoIsotopic Mass: 179.079373; (18)Topological Polar Surface Area: 116; (19)Heavy Atom Count: 12; (20)Complexity: 155. The production method of this chemical is below: Add 20g Chitosan into the 300mL 50% NaOH solvent and wait for its complete infiltration; Then heat to 95℃ for about 1.5 hours, filter out the alkali liquor and then wash to be neutral; Lastly cool and dry to have colorless transparent schistose products 15.6g. As to its usage, it is widely applied in many ways. It could be used as antistaling agent which is usually used in food industry, and thickening agent, flocculating agent; It could also be used in pharmaceutic, agricultural seed, daily expenses, waste water treatment. When you are dealing with this chemical, you should be very cautious. Being a kind of harmful chemicals, it may cause damage to health. If by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed, it is dangerous. Then it is irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. Therefore, you shoud take the following instructions. Wear suitable protective clothing, and then avoid contacting with skin and eyes. If in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. In addition, you could convert the following datas into the molecular structure:
(1)Canonical SMILES: C(C1C(C(C(C(O1)O)N)O)O)O
(2)Isomeric SMILES: C([C@@H]1[C@H]([C@@H]([C@H]([C@@H](O1)O)N)O)O)O
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = -4.2 (est)
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
Found in chitin, in mucoproteins, and in mucopolysaccharides.
- Claimed to have the ability to retain fats and cholesterol in the stomach.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are used to treat osteoarthritis. The multicenter, double-blind, placebo- and celecoxib-controlled Glucosamine/chondroitin Arthritis Intervention Trial (GAIT) evaluated their efficacy and safety as a treatment for knee pain from osteoarthritis. 1583 patients with symptomatic knee osteoarthritis /were randomly assigned/ to receive 1500 mg of glucosamine daily, 1200 mg of chondroitin sulfate daily, both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate, 200 mg of celecoxib daily, or placebo for 24 weeks. Up to 4000 mg of acetaminophen daily was allowed as rescue analgesia. Assignment was stratified according to the severity of knee pain (mild [N=1229] vs. moderate to severe [N=354]). The primary outcome measure was a 20 percent decrease in knee pain from baseline to week 24. The mean age of the patients was 59 years, and 64 percent were women. Overall, glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate were not significantly better than placebo in reducing knee pain by 20 percent. As compared with the rate of response to placebo (60.1 percent), the rate of response to glucosamine was 3.9 percentage points higher (P=0.30), the rate of response to chondroitin sulfate was 5.3 percentage points higher (P=0.17), and the rate of response to combined treatment was 6.5 percentage points higher (P=0.09). The rate of response in the celecoxib control group was 10.0 percentage points higher than that in the placebo control group (P=0.008). For patients with moderate-to-severe pain at baseline, the rate of response was significantly higher with combined therapy than with placebo (79.2 percent vs. 54.3 percent, P=0.002). Adverse events were mild, infrequent, and evenly distributed among the groups. Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate alone or in combination did not reduce pain effectively in the overall group of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. Exploratory analyses suggest that the combination of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate may be effective in the subgroup of patients with moderate-to-severe knee pain. [Clegg DO et al; New Eng J Med 354: 795-808 (2006)]
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Information on the absorption and serum pharmacokinetics for dietary glucosamine is very limited, and in some case, the available data are contradictory. For example, in one series of studies, (14)C-glucosamine was given orally to rats, dogs, and humans, and in all cases, the radiolabel was described as "efficiently" absorbed, reaching a plasma peak after about 4 hours. A high percentage of the radiolabel (about 35%) was excreted in the urine, and a similar amount was last in expired air. On the other hand, the laboratory that conducted this experiment was unable to detect chemical amounts of glucosamine in human serum after a single oral dose at 100 mg/kg (five times the clinical dose) using a chromatographic assay with a limit of detection of about 14 uM. This suggests that the bioavailable glucosamine in human serum after the normal recommended dosage (20 mg/kg) is well below 10 uM.
About 90% of glucosamine administered orally as a glucosamine salt get absorbed from the small intestine, and from there it is transported via the portal circulation to the liver. It appears that a significant fraction of the ingested glucosamine is catabolized by first-pass metabolism in the liver. Free glucosamine is not detected in the serum after oral intake, and it si not presently known how much of an ingested dose is taken up in the joints in humans. Some uptake in the articular cartilage is seen in animal studies.
Twelve healthy volunteers received three consecutive once-daily oral administrations of glucosamine sulfate soluble powder at the doses of 750, 1,500, and 3,000 mg, in an open, randomised, cross-over fashion. Glucosamine was determined in plasma collected up to 48 hr after the last dose. ... Endogenous plasma levels of glucosamine were detected (10.4-204 ng/ml, with low intra-subject variability). Glucosamine was rapidly absorbed after oral administration and its pharmacokinetics were linear in the dose range 750-1,500 mg, but not at 3,000 mg, where the plasma concentration-time profiles were less than expected based on dose-proportionality. Plasma levels increased over 30-folds from baseline and peaked at about 10 microM with the standard 1,500 mg once-daily dosage. Glucosamine distributed to extravascular compartments and its plasma concentrations were still above baseline up to the last collection time. [Persiani S et al; Osteoarthritis Cartilage 13 (12): 1041-9 (2005)] PubMed Abstract
Eighteen subjects with osteoarthritis were given 1,500 mg of commercial glucosamine sulphate after an overnight fast, and serum was then obtained at baseline and every 15-30 minutes over 3 hours, and additionally, from two subjects at 5 and 8 hours. Urine samples were collected at baseline and 3 hours after ingestion from three subjects. Baseline glucosamine was below the detection limit of 0.5 umol/L for all subjects, but after ingestion, glucosamine was detected in 17/18 subjects, beginning to rise at 30-45 minutes to a maximum at 90-180 minutes, with a range of 1.9-11.5 umol/L (0.34-2 ug/ml). [Bittee BA et al; Ann Rheum Dis 65 (2): 222-6 (2006)] PubMed Abstract
The purpose of this study was to determine if glucosamine (GL) hydrochloride (FCHG49) and low molecular weight (LMW) chondroitin sulfate (CS) (TRH122) are absorbed after oral administration to horses. The bioavailability of LMWCS was evaluated by quantifying the total disaccharides found in the plasma following chondroitinase ABC digestion. Two separate studies were conducted. In study 1, ten adult horses received the following four treatments in a randomized crossover fashion: (1) i.v. LMWCS (3 g of 8 kDa), (2) p.o. LMWCS (3 g of 8 kDa), (3) i.v. LMWCS (3 g of 16.9 kDa) and (4) p.o. LMWCS (3 g of 16.9 kDa). Each group received 9 g GL with LMWCS. In a second study, each horse (n=2) was randomly assigned to receive either i.v. administration of GL HCl (9 g) or p.o. administration of GL HCl (125 mg/kg). Blood samples were collected, assayed and pharmacokinetic parameters were determined. GL was absorbed after oral dosing with a mean C(max) of 10.6 (6.9) ug/ml and a mean T(max) of 2.0 (0.7) hr. The extent of absorption of LMWCS after dosing with both the 8.0 and 16.9 kDa provides evidence that LMWCS is absorbed orally. C(max) and AUC were higher (pPubMed Abstract
The purpose of this study was to determine the oral bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of a glucosamine and the disaccharides of chondroitin sulfate after single and multiple-dosing of a glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate combination (Cosamin, Cosequin). Male beagle dogs (n = 8, 12 kg) received the following treatments: (1) IV glucosamine (500 mg)/chondroitin sulfate (400 mg), (2) p.o. glucosamine (1500 mg)/chondroitin sulfate (1200 mg), (3) p.o. glucosamine (2000 mg)/chondroitin sulfate (1600 mg), (4) p.o. glucosamine (1500 mg)/chondroitin sulfate (1200 mg) QD for days 1-7 and p.o. glucosamine (3000 mg)/chondroitin sulfate (2400 mg) from days 8 to 14. Blood samples were collected over 24 hr and glucosamine and the disaccharides of chondroitin sulfate were determined. Pharmacokinetic analysis was performed on glucosamine and total chondroitin sulfate disaccharides and parameters were compared across treatments using ANOVA with post hoc analysis. After the IV administration, glucosamine declined rapidly in a bi-exponential fashion with a mean (+ or - S.D.) elimination t(1/2) of 0.52 (0.25) hr. Glucosamine absorption was relatively fast (C(max) = 8.95 ug/ml, and T(max) 1.5 h after 1500 mg dose) and the mean bioavailability of glucosamine after single dosing was approximately 12%. The extent of absorption of chondroitin sulfate as indicated by the mean C(max) (21.5 ug/ml) and mean AUC (187 ug/ml hr) of total disaccharides after dosing (1600 mg) provides evidence that chondroitin sulfate is absorbed orally. The bioavailability of chondroitin sulfate ranged from 4.8 to 5.0% after single dosing and 200-278% upon multiple dosing. The results of this study show that both glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate (measured as total disaccharides) are bioavailable after oral dosing. In addition, the low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate used in this study displays significant accumulation upon multiple dosing. [Adebowale A et al; Biopharm Drug Dispos 23 (6): 217-25 (2002)] PubMed Abstract
The pharmacokinetics of glucosamine sulfate was investigated in 6 healthy male volunteers (2 per administration route) using (14)C uniformly labelled glucosamine sulfate and administering it in single dose by intravenous (i.v.), intramuscular (i.m.) or oral route. The results show that after i.v. administration the radioactivity due to glucosamine appears in plasma and is rapidly eliminated, with an initial t1/2 of 0.28 hr. 1-2 hr after administration the radioactivity due to glucosamine disappears almost completely and is replaced by a radioactivity originating from plasma proteins, in which glucosamine or its metabolites are incorporated. This radioactivity reaches a peak after 8-10 hr and then declines with a t1/2 of 70 hr. About 28% of the administered radioactivity is recovered in the urine of the 120 hr following the administration and less than 1% is recovered in the feces. After i.m. administration similar pharmacokinetic patterns are observed. After oral administration a proportion close to 90% of glucosamine sulfate is absorbed. Free glucosamine is not detectable in plasma. The radioactivity incorporated in the plasma proteins follows pharmacokinetic patterns which are similar to those after i.v. or i.m. administration, but its concentration in plasma is about 5 times smaller than that after parenteral administration. The AUC after oral administration is 26% of that after i.v., or i.m. administration. The smaller plasma levels of radioactivity after oral administration are probably due to a first pass effect in the liver which metabolizes a notable proportion of glucosamine into smaller molecules and ultimately to CO2, water and urea. [Setnikar I et al; Arzneimittelforschung 43 (10): 1109-13 (1993)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 10(SRC), determined from a structure estimation method(2), indicates that glucosamine is expected to have very high mobility in soil(SRC). The pKa of glucosamine is 7.58(3), indicating that this compound will partially exist in cation form in the environment and cations generally absorb more strongly to soils containing organic carbon and clay than their neutral counterparts(4). Volatilization of the neutral form of glucosamine from moist soil surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process(SRC) given an estimated Henry's Law constant of 7.7X10-16 atm-cu m/mole(SRC), using a fragment constant estimation method(5). Volatilization of the cation from moist soil surfaces will not occur as ionic species do not volatilize. Glucosamine is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon an estimated vapor pressure of 9.0X10-8 mm Hg(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(6). Glucosamine is expected to biodegrade fairly rapidly in aerobic soil environments based on a grab sample study using two different soils where 36 and 56% mineralization and 65 and 70% mineralization were reported after 1 and 8 weeks, respectively(7).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 10(SRC), determined from a structure estimation method(2), indicates that glucosamine is not expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). However, glucosamine will exist partially in the cation form at pH values of 5 to 9 based on a pKa of 7.58(5) and cations generally adsorb more strongly to organic carbon and clay than their neutral counterparts(6). Volatilization from water surfaces is not expected(3) for the neutral species based upon an estimated Henry's Law constant of 7.7X10-16 atm-cu m/mole(SRC), developed using a fragment constant estimation method(4). Volatilization of the cation from water surfaces is not expected to occur as ionic species do not volatilize. According to a classification scheme(7), an estimated BCF of 3(SRC), from an estimated log Kow of -4.2(8) and a regression-derived equation(9), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Glucosamine is expected to biodegrade fairly rapidly in aerobic water based on a soil grab sample study using two different soils where 36 and 56% mineralization and 65 and 70% mineralization were reported after 1 and 8 weeks, respectively(10).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), glucosamine, which has an estimated vapor pressure of 9.0X10-8 mm Hg at 25 deg C(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(2), is expected to exist solely in the particulate phase in the ambient atmosphere. Particulate-phase glucosamine may be removed from the air by wet or dry deposition(SRC). Glucosamine does not contain a chromophore that absorbs at wavelengths >290 nm and therefore is not expected to be susceptible to direct photolysis by sunlight(3).
- Huizhou YOZHO Technology Co., Ltd:
- founded in 2001, YOZHO is really a Hi-Tech enterprise focusing within the R&D, production, sales and service of silicone materials. Among the biggest producers of some number of silicone materials in China, YOZHO offers an array of innovative items and services for marketplaces including electronics, telecommunications, automobiles, machinery, safety and protection, home and construction, aerospace and paper industry. Like a company established particularly to understand more about and develop the potential for silicones, YOZHO provides performance-improving methods to serve the varied needs in our costomer via the business's YOZHO® brand. With the introduction of we of specialists and sales network, our items are recognized by clients wordwide. YOZHO sights its ite
- Xiamen Jiayu Optical Co.,Ltd:
- Xiamen Jiayu Optical Co., Ltd. was founded in year 2009,Website:http://www.best-eyewear.com,and located in city Xiamen of China. We are a professional eyewear manufacturer. Our products are including fashion sunglasses, sports sunglasses, safety glasses, and optical frames. We have a professional R&D team and complete production line equipments. We always do in the principle of "quality first, honesty best", so that we can provide customers with quality products and prompt services. All products are produced in strict compliance with the international standards: CE standard, FDA, USA standard, Australian Standard, and Canada Standard. Most of our products are exported to overseas markets, especially the North America, Europe, Australia, Asia and the South America. Creating and retaining lo
- Shanxi Sanxi Chemical Co.,Ltd.:
- Shanxi Sanxi Chemical Co. Ltd. Is among the medium-scale private businesses which encompassing production, research and sales and we take Shanghai, Tianjin as development base and Shanxi as production base within our country for creating top quality nitrate. we mainly produce calcium nitrate, ammoniated calcium nitrate, Potassium, Calcium and magnesium and other nitrate items. We have self-operation import-export right, the items cover all areas and even export to greater than 40 nations and regions, for example West Europe, Australia, america, Middle East, Southeast Asia and the like.
- NINGBO T.C.I CO ;LTD:
- Ningbo T.c.I Co., Ltd . is Is an expert in Mass Transfer and Separation Processes, For example: Pall ring , verantis Tellerette , Raschig rings , Intalox saddles , Tri packs , Heilex ring , VSP ring , Heilex ring , similar to Koch-Glits York Demister , Mist Elimilator , Liquid distributor , Ceramic balls , Molecular sieve , Bubble cap trays , Rubber , PTFE s , EPDM/PTFE gaskets . and equal to Sulzer mellapak ,These types of items are frequentely utilized in Refinery, Distillationt, chemical, oil and gas industries, energy plants, water treat
- DaXingnAnLing Gadol Sports Ingredient CO,lTD:
- Dear Mister:/ / nice to satisfy you!We are among the primary manufacturer on natural plant extract, our plant is outstanding alongside wild forest named DaXingAnLing. Here's our special products for the reference:3) Elderberry Extract(anthocyanin),cranberry anthocyanin 7) oat exract 9)20-hydroxyecdysone60%/95%.12)icariin98% 13)Garcinia cambogia extract P.e.60%HCA 14)Yohimbine extract 15)Silibinin/salicin 16)Syringa oblata extract 17)Leonurus japonicus extract 18)Datura metel extract 19)Aesculus hippocastanum Extract 20)mulberry anthocyanin5%-25%anthocyanin 22) Genistein98%(Sophora japonica L)23)Lycoris radiata extract(nih)99% 24)Centella asiatica extract10%-98% 25)Chlorogenic acidity 95% 26)vitamin 27)luteolin98% 28)salicin98% 29)Kaempferol98% 30)S
- GUANGZHOU QKH PAPER CO.,LD:
- We are professional Color paper and relative paper crafts manufacture for more than 16 years experience. Factory more than 30000 square meter located at Henan province of China. Our products are supplied to customer of Europe/ The Unite states/Australia and so on. Established Guangzhou branch at “ Guangzhou QKH paper co.,Ltd” at 2014. Business scope ( OEM doing customer brand according to customer requirements) 80gsm-450gsm pulp dyed color paper & packs 28gsm-350gsm white paper core color dyed paper & packs Pearl paper with core colors&packs Glitter paper & packs Printed pattern paper for scrapbook Paper crafts making.Website:http://www.qkhpaper.com
- Tonglu Zhouji Medical Instrument Co.,Ltd:
- Tonglu Zhouji Medical Instrument Co.,Ltd?founded in the year 2005,Website:http://www.zj-ligationclip.com,located in the Tonglu,Hangzhou,Zhejiang province. is set development,research,production and marketing of endosopic surgical instruments supporting the high-tee enterprises.With a team of management,Research,production and sales,total around 50 Employees,we have a great range of medical instruments for laparoscopy,gynaecology,urethroscopy,cystopy,hystereetomy,sinuscopy,urology,orthopedics,Obstetrics,ENT, and polymer clips , circumcision anastomat,which are sold to more than 20 countries and we have been certified by ISO13485,CE.All the products are of high quality and reasonable prices, our company has the quality management system,to ensure the quality of the products, offer the after-
- Shenyang King Trade Tech Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Shenyang King Trade Tech Co., Ltd. supplies dyes, pharmaceutical intermediates and fine chemicals. Our primary items include 3-bromoquinoline, 4-chloro-3-fluoropyridine, acetohydroamic acidity, potassium ferricyanide, tetracyanoethylene and pyridine.
- Topkey Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- Established in the year 2006, Topkey Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd. is really a leading professional manufacturer of APIs and intermediate product in Hubei province, China. We're a skilled enterprise of producing various type of APIs, organic intermediates, research chemicals and Peptide Items. We invest four industrial facilities in China. all of the training courses and production line is consistent with GMP standard perfectly, and is definitely an ISO9001:2008 Quality System licensed enterprise. we export items to USA, Canada, Mexico, South america, Uk, Russia, Germany, India, Nigeria, Malta, Egypt, Armenia, Australia, Philippines, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark ect. Being an innovation-driven and customer-focused c
- Cangzhou ShengShi Chemical Products Co., Ltd:
- Cangzhou Shengshi Chemicals Co., Ltd. is really a production and marketing among the industry group. Chain in their own individual perfect and excellent salesforce, continues to be near perfect in their own individual high-quality chain, their strong chain of high-quality group because the basis. In Your Own Home and abroad, still expand the marketplace space. using their top quality and high status in your own home and abroad have gained a higher status like a world-class leader within the production and purchase from the primary pressure, the vanguard. Chemicals all walks of existence items in your own home and abroad customer to another..We manufacture according to our clients requirement and also ensure superior quality. All of our items are carefully examined because of its performan