- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:88-04-0
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
4-Chloro-3,5-dimethylphenol ( CASNO:88-04-0 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Iupac name:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white to off-white crystalline powder
- 1.183 g/cm3
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 0.3 g/L (20℃)
- Slightly soluble
- Crystals from benzene
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- Raman: 1042 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
UV: 7-165 (Phillip et al., Organic Electronic Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
IR: 2i588G (Aldrich Library of Infrared Spectra, Aldrich Chemical Co., Milwaukee, WI)
MASS: 70768 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral Database, 1990 Version)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:156.60946 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:20.2
Heavy Atom Count:10
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Donor Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:0
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- Chloroxylenol /is listed as one of/ common contact allergens /in/ antiseptics. /from Table/
- Cleanup Methods:
- If a spill occurs, clean it up promptly. Don't wash it away. Instead, sprinkle the spill with sawdust, vermiculite, or kitty litter. Sweep it into a plastic garbage bag, and dispose of it as directed on the pesticide product label.
After Applying a Pesticide, Indoors or Outdoors. To remove pesticide residues, use a bucket to rinse tools or equipment three times, including any containers or utensils that you used when mixing the pesticide. Then pour the rinsewater into the pesticide sprayer and reuse the solution by applying it according to the pesticide product label directions. After applying any pesticide wash your hands and any other parts of your body that may have come in contact with the pesticide..To prevent tracking pesticides inside, remove or rinse your boots or shoes before entering your home. Wash any clothes that have been exposed to a lot of pesticide separately from your regular wash.
- UN 3077
- Dettol (Reckitt and Colman, UK)
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Drug products containing certain active ingredients offered over-the-counter (OTC) for certain uses. A number of active ingredients have been present in OTC drug products for various uses, as described below. However, based on evidence currently available, there are inadequate data to establish general recognition of the safety and effectiveness of these ingredients for the specified uses: chloroxylenol is included in topical acne drug products.
Drug products containing certain active ingredients offered over-the-counter (OTC) for certain uses. A number of active ingredients have been present in OTC drug products for various uses, as described below. However, based on evidence currently available, there are inadequate data to establish general recognition of the safety and effectiveness of these ingredients for the specified uses: chloroxylenol is included in dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis/psoriasis drug products..
Drug products containing certain active ingredients offered over-the-counter (OTC) for certain uses. A number of active ingredients have been present in OTC drug products for various uses, as described below. However, based on evidence currently available, there are inadequate data to establish general recognition of the safety and effectiveness of these ingredients for the specified uses: chloroxylenol is included in topical antifungal drug products.
- Other Preventative Measures:
- Wear the items of protective clothing the label requires: for example, non-absorbent gloves (not leather or fabric), rubber footwear (not canvas or leather), a hat, goggles, or a dust-mist filter. If no specific clothing is listed, gloves, long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and closed shoes are recommended. You can buy protective clothing and equipment at hardware stores or building supply stores.
Indoor Applications. If the label directions permit, leave all windows open and fans operating after the application is completed. If the pesticide product is only effective in an unventilated (sealed) room or house, do not stay there. Put all pets outdoors, and take yourself any your family away from treated areas for at least the length of time prescribed on the label. Apply most surface sprays only to limited areas such as cracks; don't treat entire floors, walls, or ceilings. Don't let pesticides get on any surfaces that are used for food preparation. Wash any surfaces that may have pesticide residue before placing food on them.
Indoor Applications. When using total release foggers to control pests, use no more than the amount needed and to keep foggers away from ignition sources (ovens, stoves, air conditioners, space heaters, and water heaters, for example). Foggers should not be used in small, enclosed places such as closets and cabinets or under tables and counters.
Outdoor Applications. Never apply pesticides outdoors on a windy day (winds higher than 10 mph). Position yourself so that a light breeze does not blow pesticide spray or dust into your face.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Chloroxylenol /is listed as one of/ common contact allergens /in/ antiseptics. /from Table/
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 3.27
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Safe Disposal of Pesticides. The best way to dispose of small amounts of excess pesticides is to use them - apply them - according to the directions on the label. If you cannot use them, ask your neighbors whether they have a similar pest control problem and can use them. If all of the remaining pesticide cannot be properly used, check with your local solid waste management authority, environmental agency, or health department to find out whether your community has a household hazardous waste collection program or a similar program for getting rid of unwanted, leftover pesticides. These authorities can also inform you of any local requirements for pesticide waste disposal.
Safe Disposal of Pesticides. An empty pesticide container can be as hazardous as a full one because of residues left inside. Never reuse such a container. When empty, a pesticide container should be rinsed carefully three times and the rinsewater thoroughly drained back onto the sprayer or the container previously used to mix the pesticide. Use the rinsewater as a pesticide, following label directions. Replace the cap or closure securely. Dispose of the container according to label instructions. Do not puncture or burn a pressurized container like an aerosol - it could explode. Do cut or puncture other empty pesticide containers made of metal or plastic to prevent someone from reusing them. Wrap the empty container and put it in the trash after you have rinsed it.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
Prepared by treating 3,5-dimethylphenol with Cl2 or SO2Cl2... US patent 2350677 (1944).U.S. Production
(1986) 10 thousand-500 thousand pounds
(1990) 10 thousand-500 thousand pounds
(1998) 10 thousand-500 thousand pounds
- Antiseptic and germicide.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances used on humans and other animals that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. They are distinguished from DISINFECTANTS, which are used on inanimate objects.
- Substances used on inanimate objects that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. Disinfectants are classed as complete, destroying SPORES as well as vegetative forms of microorganisms, or incomplete, destroying only vegetative forms of the organisms. They are distinguished from ANTISEPTICS, which are local anti-infective agents used on humans and other animals. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 11th ed)
- Agents that act systemically to kill adult schistosomes.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Antibacterial; antiseptic (topical and urinary).
(VET): Antiseptic (topical).
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Mongrel dogs received iv and oral single doses of 200 and 2000 mg 4-chloro-3,5-xylenol, respectively. Low range of absorption was noted. Kidneys were not the major route for rapid elimination of unchanged 4-chloro-3,5-xylenol.
Tests of a 25 percent solution of chloroxylenol with Sprague-Dawley rats demonstrated the chemical was practically all eliminated in the first 24 hours, mostly in the urine, with small amounts in feces, after oral or dermal exposure. Following dermal exposure, about half of the material was not absorbed. High concentrations were found in the tissues of the kidney, which indicates excretion in urine. Concentrations in the lungs indicates some elimination in expired air.
In a study /with/ beagle dogs dosed orally excreted virtually all of the chloroxylenol in their urine within 24 hours. A small amount was present in feces, but essentially none remained in any tissue.
The pharmacokinetic and metabolic profile of p-chloro-m-xylenol (PCMX) was studied in healthy mongrel dogs after intravenous and oral administration of single doses of 200 and 2000 mg of PCMX, respectively. ... The mean half-life and mean residence time were 1.84 and 1.69 hr. respectively. The apparent volume of distribution at steady state was estimated to be 22.4 liters, and the plasma clearance was 14.6 liters/hr. The bioavailability of PCMX was 21%. ... PCMX's metabolite data show that a presystemic elimination process (first-pass effect) is also occurring. PCMX plasma concentrations after intravenous administration of 500-, 200-, and 100-mg doses were found to be proportional to the dose given.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 1,400(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 3.27(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that chloroxylenol is expected to have low mobility in soil(SRC). Volatilization of chloroxylenol from moist soil surfaces is expected to be an important fate process(SRC) given an estimated Henry's Law constant of 5.1X10-7 atm-cu m/mol(SRC), derived using a fragment constant estimation method(4). Chloroxylenol is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon its vapor pressure(4). Degradation of chloroxylenol appears to be slower than other phenol derivatives(5,6). Studies in sewage showed 95-80% of the original compound remaining after 2 days and 60-70% remaining after 7 days(5). This is consistent with other studies that showed less than 40% degradation in activated sludge over 7 days(6).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 1,400(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 3.27(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that chloroxylenol is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). Volatilization of chloroxylenol from water surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process(SRC) given an estimated Henry's Law constant of 5.1X10-7 atm-cu m/mol(SRC) derived using a fragment constant estimation method(4). According to a classification scheme(5), an estimated BCF of 66(SRC), from its log Kow(2) and a regression-derived equation(6), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is moderate(SRC). Degradation of chloroxylenol appears to be slower than other phenol derivatives(7,8). Studies in sewage showed 80-95% of the original compound remaining after 2 days and 60-70% remaining after 7 days(7). This is consistent with other studies that showed less than 40% degradation in activated sludge after 7 days(8).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), chloroxylenol, which has an estimated vapor pressure of 1.8X10-3 mm Hg at 25 deg C(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(2), is expected to exist solely as a vapor in the ambient atmosphere. Vapor-phase chloroxylenol is degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals(SRC); the half-life for this reaction in air is estimated to be 6 hours(SRC), calculated from its rate constant of 6.7X10-11 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) that was derived using a structure estimation method(3). Chloroxylenol does not contain chromophores that absorb at wavelengths >290 nm(4) and has been reported to be stable to sunlight for up 24 hours(5).
- Weifang Huaguang Digital Equipment Co.,Ltd:
- Weifang Hua Guang Digital Equipment Co.,Ltd is a company takes the Digital Printing equipment,Website:http://www.hgctpmachine.com, CTP Series Pre-printing equipment and Printing System as the leading product and combines design, developing, manufacturing and sales as the whole. Huaguang Digital Equipment’s inclusiveness and collaboration as well as its adopting one’s strong points make it the goal to produce the most advanced products in the world and offer the first-class CTP to the customers.
- HEBEI GREAT INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD:
- HEBEI GREAT PAPER CO.,Ltd.is really a leading manufacturer of copy paper and wrapping paperinto it&rsquos worldwide clients, situated in Hebei, China. The items are offered at huge discounts rich in quality. We mainly offer copy paper, covered paper, offset paper,Photo Paper,Roll paper and some daily using paper items. We're glad to supply brand items or offer OEM services for domestic and overseas clients. We developed our very own cast microporous coating technology for ink jet photo paper production and recognized volume production. Our items achieve exactly the same quality standard of Japanese items. In purchase, our factory has got the foreign-trade and self-import-and-export to positively explore the marketplace both in your own home and abroad. Our items are very w
- Hebei All Land Steel Pipe Manufacturing Co.,Ltd68411:
- Ebei All Land Steel Pipe Manufacturing Co.,Ltd is among the biggest manufactures in china,that was established in Cangzhou Town of Hebei province -the home town of China Pipeline equipment,and well situated in Zhifangtou industrial Zone of Cang county with total investment of RMB.5 billion,including fixed assets RMB.4 Billion and circulating capital RMB.1 billion.It covers a place of 60000 square meters.The annual productive capacity is 200 1000 ton just for JCOE longitudinally immersed arc welding steel pipes and 5000pcs of residential wind power generation pole.Now we have total 214 employees including greater than 40 persons who're technical things,operating four pipe mills, namely UOE, JCOE LSAW,SSAW and ERW,SMLS,which can produce pipes with outside diameter in range from 4 inches to
- Guangxi Tanghan Zinc&Indium Co.,ltd.:
- Guangxi Tanghanzinc & Indium Co., Ltd. is really a high-tech joint-stock enterprise established in May 2005. Around the 28th March. 2000, the organization was authorized by the ISO9001:2000 Quality Management System. Using the production base near to the Passage to Ocean in Southwest China, only 10km from downtown Nandan, 17km in the railway station and 15km from Hechi Airport terminal, and the mind office situated in downtown Nandan, we love an excellent place for transportation and business., Using the progress of China's Western Development Program, the making of the Passage to Ocean in Southwest China and the accelerating of trains around China, the organization promise greater potentials for development. We've two world-advanced production lines and encouraging acidity-making system
- Chuanggao New Bio-Technical Material:
- Chuanggao New Bio-Technical Material Co.,LTD. Established this year, is a leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical company with procedures in hebei province for individuals items of organic intermediate,research chemicals, daily chemicals as well as other Pharmaceutical Intermediates materials in very,powder the main products :Ethylone,MDAI,4-FA,A-PVP,4-Methoxyphenylacetone,25I-NBOMe,mxe,4-CMC,4-MEC,5-AMO-DMT,Bismuth Oxychloride,Bismuth Aluminas,Bismuth and so on
- Xuzhou Rui Shi Te Chemical Import&Export Co.,Ltd:
- We're an import and export company with own import and export right approved by China Move and Economic Cooperative Ministry, mainly buying and selling in chemicals, pharmaceutical drugs, pharmaceutical intermediates, Animal and Plant Extracts, ETC. We have strong business strength in chemical and pharmaceutical fields, and accomplishes an annual volume in excess of 30,000,000 $ $ $ $. You will find nine import and export business departments and functional offices, and several high-quality, well-experienced business personnel and managers. Adhering towards the spirit of "having to pay focus on good belief, positively innovating forever", we have established wide and friendly business relations using more than 60 nations and regions on the planet. Please feel free to contact us for bu
- Tianjin Tianqiu Chemicals Co., Ltd.:
- Our organization handle various of chemicals such us Chemicals,Pigments / Dyestuff,Rubber chemicals and Other Chemicals .
- China silicone products supplier鈥攚elcome to us for silicone products 10 R&D staff | Samples in 5 days | RoHS-,DGCCRF- and LFGB-compliant products Positive cost China Factory 鈥?Supply silicone rubber items Focused on silicone rubber items, our 10 engineers with 10 experience may also finish an example in only 7 days based on you OEM/ODM needs. Plus, we invest 20 % in our sales in R&D every year to help keep our edge in the market. MCDONALDS, style, Harrods, Amazon . com, HS bank and Paypal have previously achieved positive results from your expertise. you are able to, too.Custom Good Service -Debossed,Embossed,Silk print 鈥?With 10 production lines at our 5,000m2 factory We've 10 production lines at our 5,000m2 factory. And our 100 employees utilize two CNC and 10 molding machines to cr
- Frandcom Chemicals:
- Frandcom® Chemicals, including its models of Riyuexin Chemicals Industrial Co.,Ltd. &lifier Zibo Zhangdian Haiding Chemical Plant, is really a prefessional manufacturer/exporter of Pharmaceutical intermediates and apis. With edged technics and seasoned engineers,We research and grow many different types unique intermediates and APIs to satisfy worldwide clients, also we are able to research and produce according to customer's demands! Our key items including many different types intermediates and APIs relatived to pharmaceuticals' application,for example 5-hydroxy-1-tetralone,Iron sucrose etc.