- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:86-73-7
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Fluorene ( CASNO:86-73-7 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white flakes
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Insoluble AUTOIGNITION
- DAZZLING WHITE LEAFLETS OR FLAKES FROM ALCOHOL
SMALL, WHITE, CRYSTALLINE PLATES; FLUORESCENT WHEN IMPURE
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- APPROX 4°C
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (CHLOROFORM): 266 NM (LOG E= 4.3); 290 NM (LOG E= 3.8); 301 NM (LOG E= 4.0)
SADTLER REF NUMBER: 7540 (IR, PRISM); 240 (IR, GRATING); 2114 (UV); 288 (NMR)
Intense mass spectral peaks: 166 m/z (100%), 165 m/z (80%), 167 m/z (15%), 163 m/z (12%)
IR: 6251 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 5-350 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
MASS: 127 (Aldermaston, Eight Peak Index of Mass Spectra, UK)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.2185 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:0
Heavy Atom Count:13
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:3
Effective Rotor Count:0.2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Xi: Irritant;Xn: Harmful;T: Toxic;F: Flammable;N: Dangerous for the environment;
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Hazard Codes:NTFXiXn
Risk Statements: 50/53-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11-67-65-38-36/38-36/37/38
R50/53: Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment
R39: Danger of very serious irreversible effects
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R11: Highly flammable
R67: Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness
R65: Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed
R38: Irritating to skin
R36/38: Irritating to eyes and skin
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin
Safety Statements: 60-61-24/25-45-36/37-16-7-62-33-24-22-36/37/39-27-26
S60: This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste
S61: Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets
S24/25: Avoid contact with skin and eyes
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label whenever possible.)
S36/37: Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
S16: Keep away from sources of ignition
S62: If swallowed, do not induce vomitting; seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
S33: Take precautionary measures against static discharges
S24: Avoid contact with skin
S22: Do not breathe dust
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
S27: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 3
Hazard Note: Harmful
HS Code: 29029080
- Cleanup Methods:
- The particle-bound portion of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) can be removed by sedimentation, flocculation, and filtration processes. The remaining ... dissolved polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons usually requires oxidation for partial removal/transformation. /Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons/
- UN 3077
- GRADES: TECHNICAL; 98% PURE
Fluorene (technical) 90% (min)
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Personal Protection:
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Fire Fighting: Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
FROM ACETYLENE & HYDROGEN IN RED-HOT TUBE; FROM CHARCOAL BY BOILING WITH FUMING NITRIC ACID; FROM 2,2'-DIBROMODIPHENYLMETHANE ON BOILING WITH HYDRAZINE HYDRATE IN PRESENCE OF PALLADIUM.
BY REDUCTION OF DIPHENYLENE KETONE WITH ZINCU.S. Imports
(1972) 2.85X10+6 GRAMS
(1975) 4.49X10+4 GRAMS
(1984) 9.08X10+3 gU.S. Production
(1972) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
(1975) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
NO /COMMERCIAL USA / PRODUCTION OF THIS COMPOUNDConsumption Patterns
100% AS A CHEMICAL INTERMEDIATE IN VARIOUS APPLICATIONS
- Chemical intermediate in numerous misc applications & in formation of polyradicals for resins.
- Sampling Procedures:
- NIOSH Method 5515. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37-mm polytetrafluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min: Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes; wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Sample Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
NIOSH Method 5506. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37 mm polytetra fluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min. Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that increase the risk of NEOPLASMS in humans or animals. Both genotoxic chemicals, which affect DNA directly, and nongenotoxic chemicals, which induce neoplasms by other mechanism, are included.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- THERE WERE SPECIES DIFFERENCES IN EXCRETION OF AN IP DOSE OF (14)C FLUORENE. GUINEA PIGS ELIMINATED (14)C MORE RAPIDLY THAN RATS OR RABBITS & AFTER 12 HR, HAD EXCRETED 53% IN URINE WHEREAS OTHER SPECIES HAD EXCRETED 12% & 20% RESPECTIVELY. IN 48 HR, IN URINE & FECES RESPECTIVELY, GUINEA PIGS EXCRETED 82% & 6%, RATS EXCRETED 57% & 16% & RABBITS EXCRETED 39% & 1%. 24 HR AFTER DOSE TO RATS, INTESTINAL TRACT CONTAINED 14% OF THE (14)C & SINCE THIS HAD NOT ALTERED 24 HR LATER, ENTERO-HEPATIC CIRCULATION OF FLUORENE &/OR ITS METABOLITES MAY HAVE OCCURRED TO MAINTAIN THOSE LEVELS. HOWEVER, SLOW RELEASE OF 14(C) FROM INJECTION SITE PROVIDES AN ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons with 4 or less aromatic rings are degraded by microbes and are readily metabolized by multicellular organisms; biodegradation may be the ultimate fate process. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
Biodegradation is probably slower in the aquatic system than in the soil, and biodegradation may be much more important in those aquatic systems which are chronically affected by contamination. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
In microbial degradation studies conducted in sandy material, fluorene and other PAHs degraded to an average of 80%(1); in sterile controls, fluorene did not degrade suggesting microbial activity as the route of degradation(1). A review of environmental fate for fluorene has reported a fluorene biotransformation rate constant of 0.0062-0.01/hr(2); this corresponds to a half-life of 2.9-4.6 days(SRC). In a 7 day static incubation study using a sewage seed (followed by three weekly subculture inoculations for a total of 28 days of incubation), 65-82% of initial fluorene (5 and 10 ppm) was degraded after 7 days and 45-77% (of total additions) was degraded after 28 days(3); fluorene was classified as significantly degraded with gradual microbial adaptation(3). In biodegradation screening studies using subsurface soil from a contaminated creosote site, >92% of initial fluorene degraded within 1 week of incubation(4); in autoclaved soil, the degradation rate fell to 3.4% per week(4); using soil from a pristine site, the degradation rate was not statistically different between autoclaved and non-autoclaved soil suggesting that microbial adaptation to fluorene is important in subsurface regions(4).
In biodegradation tests using groundwater from a moderately contaminated well, fluorene degraded at a rate of 33-54% per week under conditions of dissolved oxygen addition and/or nutrient addition(1); no degradation occurred in sterile controls or in tests where limited oxygen was available(1). In a pilot-plant experimental system (simulating a waste treatment facility), 34-39% of influent fluorene was removed via biodegradation (the remainder was removed via strip loss (5-10%) and adsorption to sludge)(2). In a shake-flask screening study using creosote-contaminated soil as inoculum, 99% of initial fluorene was degraded after a 14 day incubation period(3); in sterile controls, only 15% of initial fluorene was lost(3). In river die-away tests using two natural river waters, little or no fluorene was degraded to CO2 (14-CO2 radio-labelled measurement) over a 24 hr incubation period(4).
- Credit Chem Group:
- Haier Steel is definitely an worldwide enterprise focusing home based appliance industrial design and research, production, sales and service of premium color-covered steel sheets for home home appliances. Beginning mass production and use of color-covered steel sheets for home home appliances in 1999, it's developed a design platform having a database of performance standards and enhanced structural design and for manufacture, putting together, Application and value-added improvement. By benefiting from its global sources and Channels, it's enhanced information discussing and development network in specifications and performance of core materials of color covered sheets, choice of high workability and high end surface materials and environment adaptability.Haier Steel's product portfolio
- Qingdao quanhutong Industrial Co.,LTD:
- Qingdao Quanhutong Industrial Limited is really a large chemical joint-equity enterprise that has multi-capacity coupled with new technology, R&D and manufacturing. At the moment, clients are focused on manufacturing Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate andzinc Oxide and selling the refined powder items around the world. a??Hutonga?? Brand items happen to be broadly put on Printing Ink, rubber, fresh paint, Coating Material, Plastic, rubber footwear, enamel, synthetic fibre, medicine and food etc. high-finish industry.
- Suzhou Changzheng Xinkai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Suzhou Changzheng Xinkai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. is an expert in supplying pharmaceutical intermediates. Our items are trimetazidine dihydrochloride, L-thioproline, 1-methylindazole-3-carboxylic acidity, Cilostazol, ethyl L-thiazolidine-4-carboxylate hydrochloride, Adefovir, Granisetron Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, 11-piperazinodibenzo[b,f][1,4]thiazepine dihydrochloride, Pidotimod,adefovir dipivoxil, 1-methylindazole-3-carboxylic acidity and 9-(2-phosphoryl methoxyl ethyl) adenine.
- WEIFANG GREATLAND CO.,LTD:
- Weifang Greatland Chemicals Co., Ltd. is really a factory that's been developing and creating paper chemicals in excess of ten years.We follow the science and Technology and is promoting many good new type paper chemicals,like AKD,surface sizing agent,wet strength agent,dry strength agent,fixing agent and retention aid,paper dyes,ETC.Our method is welcomed in India,Southeast Asia,Middle East,South Usa and Russia,ETC.We're always according to our top quality and sincere plan to cooperate with this clients.Hope we are able to have cooperation in not too distant future.
- TIANJIN YIRUIDA CHEMICAL CO.,LTD:
- Tianjin YiRuiDa Chemical Co., Ltd. Established in 2000, locading in Tianjin, the primary chemical area which in northern China. We are professional manufacturer and exporter in neuro-scientific chemical produce and chemical process.Our primary items range from the basis Inorganic and organic chemicals, dyestuffs and the like, that are utilized in the Paint & Coating Industry, rubber industry, Water-treatment Industry, feed industry, Fertilizer Industry, ETC.Related to the superior quality control, best purchase service, Fast delivery time and Competitive Cost, Our items are offered well and granted high status such nations and regions, as South Usa, Middle East and Southeast Asia and ETC.You're welcome at Tianjin YiRuiDa Chemical Co., Ltd., and We're certain that the high-quality and reaso
- Nantong Jinnuo Chemical Co.,Ltd.:
- Nantong Jinnuo Chemical Co., Ltd. is situated within the seaside port opening metropolitan areas-Nantong City. The organization likes super easy transportation. The organization began in 2002. the organization is just about the large-scale professional company with 500 million yuan of purchase volume that takes production, Supply and sales of chemical items as priority red carpet years鈥檇evelopment. The organization has more 40 employees. The organization provides ten offices in provinces and cities to take control of entrance and exit store and daily business contact. The organization has greater than twenty chemical material special trucks and greater than ten special transportation boat. The organization provides greater development platform in couple of years. Company mainly partcipa
- Qing Hui Chem Co.,Ltd:
- Qing Hui Chem Co.,Ltd is really a professional supplier in chemical product of paints and coatings ,petrochemical industries , Pharmaceutical and agriculture industries . we found in 2006 . our main product isChlorinated paraffin 70 , Chlorinated Paraffin 52. Melamine , pentaerythritol 95%, Pentaerythritol 98% , Dipentaerythritol ,Ammonium polyphosphate , Antioxidant ,Triacetin , Propylene Glycol , Para Tertiary butyl benzoic acid (PTBBA) ,L-Lysine HCl, Ascorbic acid , sodium lauryl ether sulphate 70, sodium silicate etc , our product have exported many countries , such as Korea , Russia , Brazil , Saudi Arabia , America , Thailand , Africa ,Australia , Taiwan etc ,. All our staff adhere to corporate philosophy of "Action speaks louder than words , learn ex
- SHIJIAZHUANG DOWELL CHEMICAL CO.LTD:
- Shijiazhuang Dowell Chemical Co.,LTD founded in the year 2006, it's a fine chemical private enterprise of technological development, Technological service and industrial production. We consistently dedicate to cool product development and production. We insist to construct core competition with scientific and technical innovation. An entire product system continues to be built: lab for fundamental research, semi-works best for miniature personalization, and factory for industrial manufacture. Our research direction and primary service are medical and pesticide intermediate, developing prospective medical intermediate. A number of items are created mainly including organic acidity types, Pyridine Types. Specifically for 2,2-Dimethyl Butyric Acidity(DMBA) and 2,2-Dimethylbutyryl chlo
- SJZ THLD IMP & EXP CO LTD:
- It's a comprehensive Import & Export enterprise that was setup underneath the approval by department concerned of China government. The organization partcipates in dealing Food and feed ingredients , bulk pharmaceuticals , valves pipe fittings and wire mesh .Tianhonglida mainly concentrates on widening worldwide trade on foundation of industry, combines industry and trade, Technology and trade, import and Export, Traditional and e-commerce trade and continually evolves new items and new marketplaces. The organization comes with an effective team rich in skill and experience on buying and selling and controlling of worldwide business and on offering clients perfect service. Underneath the tenet of "Cordially Cooperation and Co-Development", it anticipates finding new partners for additio
- Qingdao Mutrade Co., Ltd.:
- Qingdao Mutrade Co., Ltd. is one of the earliest professional mechanical parking solution providers in CHINA. We are committed to provide the most suitable and cost effective parking solutions to our customers all over the world. Hydro-Park is a subsidiary company and sub-brand built by Mutrade for high-end mechanical simple parking equipment. We develop,Website:http://www.hydro-park.net, design and manufacture mechanical parking equipment with our own advanced technology and kept consistent high quality. Our target is to become world class manufacturer with following competitive advantages: Advanced Technology Precise Manufacture Processing Strong Service Support Customer Oriented For all the people who work in the mechanical parking business, if you are looking for a reliable partner in
- Wuhan Kemi-Works Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- Wuhan Kemi-Works Chemical Co., Ltd, focused on R&D, production and sales ofpharmaceuticalIntermediates, electronic chemicals,organic fluorine Surfactant, electroplating chemicals etc. At the moment, our products include: triazole, ethylacetoacetatetypes, diphenylamine homologue, biphenyl Compounds, perfluoroalkyl and its types and special chemicals used for metal surface treatment such aselectroplating Intermediates, electrophoretic lacquer etc. Our business mainly concentrate on the conventional items, complemented by customChemical production, we canaccept the customer&rsquos request, providing services such asstructural analysis,research synthesisroute andStandar
- WELFULL GROUP Co., Ltd:
- WELFULL GROUP Co., Ltd. (ZJSL) is a comprehensive group company whose main business is foreign trade and key points are investment of industry and construction of brand,Website:http://www.welfullsocks.com, which has abundant capital and good business reputation. . (ZJSL) is a comprehensive group company whose main business is foreign trade and key points are investment of industry and construction of brand, which has abundant capital and good business reputation. Our company annual turnover of foreign trade is more than 0.2billion US dollars among which export turnover is about 0.18 billion USD and sales revenue reaches RMB1.6 billion. WELFULL GROUP has a wide business scope and complete series of products, above all the main export items are garments and textile, as well as bags, hardwar
- SERENA CHEMICALS LIMITED:
- We've top quality of chemical items like Prime Virgin Mercury, Silver Liquid Mercury, Metallic Mercury, Red-colored Cherry Liquid Mercury, White Liquid Mercury , cellulose acetate, sodium sulfate, aluminium hydroxide, Ethanol, MDPV (3,4-Methylenedioxypyrovalerone) Gum Rosin, 2-Propenoic acidity,Phenol ,Ammonium Salt, 3-phenylpropionate, Potassium Carbonate, Pentanoic acidity, oxalate salts, Fentanyl citrate, Silver Iodide, Zinc chloride ,Citric acidity, 5-Methylnicotinic acidity, 2-Methoxyethanol, 2-Methylisonicotinic acidity and more.
- Horok Biotechnology company:
- handong Honrok Biotechnology Co., Ltd is really a professional pharmaceutical recycleables and intermediates active in the research and development, production and Sales Company. We produce pharmaceutical recycleables and intermediates that are selling well within the EU, USA,India and Southeast Asia, and our clients are highly pleased with our items. We've built good associations with lots of companies in your own home and Overseas.Most importantly, We are able to supply top quality goods and the very best plan to our clients. Shandong Honrok Biotechnology Co., Ltd favors to cooperate along with you sincerely to produce a nice future!
- LandGlass Technology Co., Ltd.88789:
- AndGlass Technology Co., Ltd. (hereinafter known to as LandGlass), a hi-tech enterprise focusing within the development, manufacturing and marketing of glass tempering furnaces underneath the guidance of their philosophy of " integrity, quality, Innovation and service" that has been stuck to since its founding, is dedicated to the introduction of glass processing technologies to supply all sorts of world advanced glass tempering furnaces for clients to assist them to upgrade their items and make continuous progress in technological Innovation.To date, LandGlass has built the whole number of technical solutions for that flat and bent tempered glass items to satisfy the requirements in architectures, furniture, household home appliances, automobiles and Solar power industries. You will find
- Yurui(shanghai)chemical co.,LTD:
- Ruiyuan Group is really a future-oriented scientific enterprise, is dedicated to using only science for human to find sustainable development solutions, "better existence" is her eternal mission. Today, number of top quality items happen to be serving in lots of areas:chemistry, medicine, biology, OLED electronics, New energy, ETC.. In line with the global need for sustainable development, Ruiyuan Group established a new company Yurui (Shanghai) chemical co.,Ltd, depending around the strong support from the Group company and many siblings company, Yurui will get rapid and steady growth since founded. Presently has her very own R &lifier D center, three production base (Zhejiang, Henan, Shandong), and established close cooperative associations with lots of esteemed