- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:86-73-7
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Fluorene ( CASNO:86-73-7 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white flakes
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Insoluble AUTOIGNITION
- DAZZLING WHITE LEAFLETS OR FLAKES FROM ALCOHOL
SMALL, WHITE, CRYSTALLINE PLATES; FLUORESCENT WHEN IMPURE
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- APPROX 4°C
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (CHLOROFORM): 266 NM (LOG E= 4.3); 290 NM (LOG E= 3.8); 301 NM (LOG E= 4.0)
SADTLER REF NUMBER: 7540 (IR, PRISM); 240 (IR, GRATING); 2114 (UV); 288 (NMR)
Intense mass spectral peaks: 166 m/z (100%), 165 m/z (80%), 167 m/z (15%), 163 m/z (12%)
IR: 6251 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 5-350 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
MASS: 127 (Aldermaston, Eight Peak Index of Mass Spectra, UK)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.2185 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:0
Heavy Atom Count:13
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:3
Effective Rotor Count:0.2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Xi: Irritant;Xn: Harmful;T: Toxic;F: Flammable;N: Dangerous for the environment;
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Hazard Codes:NTFXiXn
Risk Statements: 50/53-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11-67-65-38-36/38-36/37/38
R50/53: Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment
R39: Danger of very serious irreversible effects
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R11: Highly flammable
R67: Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness
R65: Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed
R38: Irritating to skin
R36/38: Irritating to eyes and skin
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin
Safety Statements: 60-61-24/25-45-36/37-16-7-62-33-24-22-36/37/39-27-26
S60: This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste
S61: Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets
S24/25: Avoid contact with skin and eyes
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label whenever possible.)
S36/37: Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
S16: Keep away from sources of ignition
S62: If swallowed, do not induce vomitting; seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
S33: Take precautionary measures against static discharges
S24: Avoid contact with skin
S22: Do not breathe dust
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
S27: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 3
Hazard Note: Harmful
HS Code: 29029080
- Cleanup Methods:
- The particle-bound portion of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) can be removed by sedimentation, flocculation, and filtration processes. The remaining ... dissolved polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons usually requires oxidation for partial removal/transformation. /Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons/
- UN 3077
- GRADES: TECHNICAL; 98% PURE
Fluorene (technical) 90% (min)
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Personal Protection:
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Fire Fighting: Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
FROM ACETYLENE & HYDROGEN IN RED-HOT TUBE; FROM CHARCOAL BY BOILING WITH FUMING NITRIC ACID; FROM 2,2'-DIBROMODIPHENYLMETHANE ON BOILING WITH HYDRAZINE HYDRATE IN PRESENCE OF PALLADIUM.
BY REDUCTION OF DIPHENYLENE KETONE WITH ZINCU.S. Imports
(1972) 2.85X10+6 GRAMS
(1975) 4.49X10+4 GRAMS
(1984) 9.08X10+3 gU.S. Production
(1972) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
(1975) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
NO /COMMERCIAL USA / PRODUCTION OF THIS COMPOUNDConsumption Patterns
100% AS A CHEMICAL INTERMEDIATE IN VARIOUS APPLICATIONS
- Chemical intermediate in numerous misc applications & in formation of polyradicals for resins.
- Sampling Procedures:
- NIOSH Method 5515. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37-mm polytetrafluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min: Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes; wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Sample Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
NIOSH Method 5506. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37 mm polytetra fluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min. Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that increase the risk of NEOPLASMS in humans or animals. Both genotoxic chemicals, which affect DNA directly, and nongenotoxic chemicals, which induce neoplasms by other mechanism, are included.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- THERE WERE SPECIES DIFFERENCES IN EXCRETION OF AN IP DOSE OF (14)C FLUORENE. GUINEA PIGS ELIMINATED (14)C MORE RAPIDLY THAN RATS OR RABBITS & AFTER 12 HR, HAD EXCRETED 53% IN URINE WHEREAS OTHER SPECIES HAD EXCRETED 12% & 20% RESPECTIVELY. IN 48 HR, IN URINE & FECES RESPECTIVELY, GUINEA PIGS EXCRETED 82% & 6%, RATS EXCRETED 57% & 16% & RABBITS EXCRETED 39% & 1%. 24 HR AFTER DOSE TO RATS, INTESTINAL TRACT CONTAINED 14% OF THE (14)C & SINCE THIS HAD NOT ALTERED 24 HR LATER, ENTERO-HEPATIC CIRCULATION OF FLUORENE &/OR ITS METABOLITES MAY HAVE OCCURRED TO MAINTAIN THOSE LEVELS. HOWEVER, SLOW RELEASE OF 14(C) FROM INJECTION SITE PROVIDES AN ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons with 4 or less aromatic rings are degraded by microbes and are readily metabolized by multicellular organisms; biodegradation may be the ultimate fate process. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
Biodegradation is probably slower in the aquatic system than in the soil, and biodegradation may be much more important in those aquatic systems which are chronically affected by contamination. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
In microbial degradation studies conducted in sandy material, fluorene and other PAHs degraded to an average of 80%(1); in sterile controls, fluorene did not degrade suggesting microbial activity as the route of degradation(1). A review of environmental fate for fluorene has reported a fluorene biotransformation rate constant of 0.0062-0.01/hr(2); this corresponds to a half-life of 2.9-4.6 days(SRC). In a 7 day static incubation study using a sewage seed (followed by three weekly subculture inoculations for a total of 28 days of incubation), 65-82% of initial fluorene (5 and 10 ppm) was degraded after 7 days and 45-77% (of total additions) was degraded after 28 days(3); fluorene was classified as significantly degraded with gradual microbial adaptation(3). In biodegradation screening studies using subsurface soil from a contaminated creosote site, >92% of initial fluorene degraded within 1 week of incubation(4); in autoclaved soil, the degradation rate fell to 3.4% per week(4); using soil from a pristine site, the degradation rate was not statistically different between autoclaved and non-autoclaved soil suggesting that microbial adaptation to fluorene is important in subsurface regions(4).
In biodegradation tests using groundwater from a moderately contaminated well, fluorene degraded at a rate of 33-54% per week under conditions of dissolved oxygen addition and/or nutrient addition(1); no degradation occurred in sterile controls or in tests where limited oxygen was available(1). In a pilot-plant experimental system (simulating a waste treatment facility), 34-39% of influent fluorene was removed via biodegradation (the remainder was removed via strip loss (5-10%) and adsorption to sludge)(2). In a shake-flask screening study using creosote-contaminated soil as inoculum, 99% of initial fluorene was degraded after a 14 day incubation period(3); in sterile controls, only 15% of initial fluorene was lost(3). In river die-away tests using two natural river waters, little or no fluorene was degraded to CO2 (14-CO2 radio-labelled measurement) over a 24 hr incubation period(4).
- Yancheng Lvye Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- We're a technological enterprise concoursing research, development, production and management together. We mainly are involved in the development and sales of proper chemical, commodity chemical and farming chemical. We've established facilities, advanced processing crafts, and complete testing method, which ensure the standard in our items. We've acquired ISO9001 certificate of Moodi of England. Our primary items for example Climbazole and Chloroetherketone are very well offered from coast to coast, and released to West Europe, southeast Asia greater than twenty nations and regions, receiving great regards and Good status. With this dedication, determination, Innovation, we'll continuously make an effort to achieve the very best, Is the best, and for everyone the very best. We
- Dezhou Hongwei Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.:
- Dezhou Hongwei Industry & Trade Co., Ltd. is really a recently developing chemical enterprise involved in the output of acidity dyes, direct dyes and leather dyes. With total investment of 20 million RMB, the organization is situated in Zhangzhai Capital of scotland- Lingxian County of Shandong Province, and is close to the National Highway 104 and 10km from Beijing-Shanghai Expressway, taking pleasure in superior location and easy ease of access. Equipped with the earth's innovative production equipments, the organization mainly produces acidity dyes, direct dyes and leather dyes that are broadly utilized in leather, textiles, Printing & Dyeing and paper industries. The organization has a batch of high-quality specialists and top pros who are dedicated to the study and growth and developm
- Jiangsu Kolod Food Ingredients Co.Ltd:
- Jiangsu Kolod Fi Plant is really a medium-scale private enterprise,mainly concentrating on manufacturing food chemicals for example Potassium Phosphates,Sodium Phosphates,Calcium Phosphates,Magnesium Phosphates,Acetates,Citrates and mineral elements Iron,zinc,Magnesium,Manganese,Copper and etc.We've invested 220,000,000 RMB within the project which provides coverage for a place of 90,000m2and is the owner of 9 completely new stainless steeled products.It features a scientific production flow along with a firm qc system.Our annual output has ended 60,000 tons. Jiangsu Kolod administeres two companies Lianyungang Kexin Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd and Lianyungang Keyun IMP &lifier EXP Co.,Ltd.Kexin manages home based business while Keyun manages foreign business.Presently,KOLOD be
- GKCH GmbH:
- GKCH GmbH began 1998 by G. Killinger after greater than 25 experience in the treating of worldwide marketing and sales within the chemical industry.All providers are with ISO-certification, because quality and service have priority.
- We're a UAE based Co operating from Iran and the Biggest Bitumen Supplier in Iran and Dubai. wen provides 100% pure Oil Based Bitumen PBB from IRAN.
- Langfang City Longquan Flux Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Langfang City Longquan Flux Co., Ltd. is really a manufacturer of chemical intermediates. We offer light stabilizer, triacetonamin, pentamethyl-4-piperidinol, hydroxyethyl pipropanol and 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidinol. our 2,2,6,6-tetramethy1-4-piperidinol is an extremely important mother substance to synthesize impeded amine light stabilizers.
- Qingdao haoxin hair products co.,ltd BP:
- Founded in 1995,Website:http://www.haoxinhair.net, Qingdao Haoxin hair products factory is a successful supplier of Full Lace Wig, Jewish Wig, Lace Front Wig, Lace Frontal, Toupee, Top Closures, Machine Made Weft, Skin Weft, Hand Tied Weft, Hair Extensions, Synthetic Wig, Ponytail. We integrate design, research, manufacture and sales together, with 20 top grade designers and 2000 skilled workers. Special hair treatment technology makes sure our products no shedding, no tangled.? One month output: full lace wigs-5000 units, Machine made wefts-4000kgs,hand tied wefts-2000kgs, pre-tipped hair extensions-100000 strands.? We are keeping durable business relationship with more than 200 human hair wholesalers in USA, UK, Germany and Canada etc.?
- Weifang Lianfa Plastics CO.,LTD:
- Weifang Lianfa Plastics CO.,LTD (Lianfa for short) was founded in 2007,Website:http://www.chinalianfaplastic.com, Lianfa is located in Changle County, Lianfa is currently a specialized producer of packaging products with import and export right. Lianfa boasts advanced equipment and strong technical force. The major products are HDPE & LDPE&LLDPE bags, flat bags, vest bags, C-F and dual C-F bags, handle bags, shopping bags, striped bags, vest bags on roll, garbage bags,food bags, freezer bags.,nappy bags, plastic apron,plastic gloves, plastic shoes set, plastic sheet in more than 60 series, 100 varieties. plastic products are sold in the United States, Canada and EU countries and regions, enabling some world-known supermarket chains to take the lead in low-carbon environmental protection