- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:86-73-7
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Fluorene ( CASNO:86-73-7 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white flakes
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Insoluble AUTOIGNITION
- DAZZLING WHITE LEAFLETS OR FLAKES FROM ALCOHOL
SMALL, WHITE, CRYSTALLINE PLATES; FLUORESCENT WHEN IMPURE
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- APPROX 4°C
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (CHLOROFORM): 266 NM (LOG E= 4.3); 290 NM (LOG E= 3.8); 301 NM (LOG E= 4.0)
SADTLER REF NUMBER: 7540 (IR, PRISM); 240 (IR, GRATING); 2114 (UV); 288 (NMR)
Intense mass spectral peaks: 166 m/z (100%), 165 m/z (80%), 167 m/z (15%), 163 m/z (12%)
IR: 6251 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 5-350 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
MASS: 127 (Aldermaston, Eight Peak Index of Mass Spectra, UK)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.2185 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:0
Heavy Atom Count:13
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:3
Effective Rotor Count:0.2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Xi: Irritant;Xn: Harmful;T: Toxic;F: Flammable;N: Dangerous for the environment;
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Hazard Codes:NTFXiXn
Risk Statements: 50/53-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11-67-65-38-36/38-36/37/38
R50/53: Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment
R39: Danger of very serious irreversible effects
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R11: Highly flammable
R67: Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness
R65: Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed
R38: Irritating to skin
R36/38: Irritating to eyes and skin
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin
Safety Statements: 60-61-24/25-45-36/37-16-7-62-33-24-22-36/37/39-27-26
S60: This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste
S61: Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets
S24/25: Avoid contact with skin and eyes
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label whenever possible.)
S36/37: Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
S16: Keep away from sources of ignition
S62: If swallowed, do not induce vomitting; seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
S33: Take precautionary measures against static discharges
S24: Avoid contact with skin
S22: Do not breathe dust
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
S27: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 3
Hazard Note: Harmful
HS Code: 29029080
- Cleanup Methods:
- The particle-bound portion of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) can be removed by sedimentation, flocculation, and filtration processes. The remaining ... dissolved polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons usually requires oxidation for partial removal/transformation. /Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons/
- UN 3077
- GRADES: TECHNICAL; 98% PURE
Fluorene (technical) 90% (min)
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Personal Protection:
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Fire Fighting: Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
FROM ACETYLENE & HYDROGEN IN RED-HOT TUBE; FROM CHARCOAL BY BOILING WITH FUMING NITRIC ACID; FROM 2,2'-DIBROMODIPHENYLMETHANE ON BOILING WITH HYDRAZINE HYDRATE IN PRESENCE OF PALLADIUM.
BY REDUCTION OF DIPHENYLENE KETONE WITH ZINCU.S. Imports
(1972) 2.85X10+6 GRAMS
(1975) 4.49X10+4 GRAMS
(1984) 9.08X10+3 gU.S. Production
(1972) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
(1975) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
NO /COMMERCIAL USA / PRODUCTION OF THIS COMPOUNDConsumption Patterns
100% AS A CHEMICAL INTERMEDIATE IN VARIOUS APPLICATIONS
- Chemical intermediate in numerous misc applications & in formation of polyradicals for resins.
- Sampling Procedures:
- NIOSH Method 5515. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37-mm polytetrafluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min: Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes; wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Sample Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
NIOSH Method 5506. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37 mm polytetra fluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min. Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that increase the risk of NEOPLASMS in humans or animals. Both genotoxic chemicals, which affect DNA directly, and nongenotoxic chemicals, which induce neoplasms by other mechanism, are included.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- THERE WERE SPECIES DIFFERENCES IN EXCRETION OF AN IP DOSE OF (14)C FLUORENE. GUINEA PIGS ELIMINATED (14)C MORE RAPIDLY THAN RATS OR RABBITS & AFTER 12 HR, HAD EXCRETED 53% IN URINE WHEREAS OTHER SPECIES HAD EXCRETED 12% & 20% RESPECTIVELY. IN 48 HR, IN URINE & FECES RESPECTIVELY, GUINEA PIGS EXCRETED 82% & 6%, RATS EXCRETED 57% & 16% & RABBITS EXCRETED 39% & 1%. 24 HR AFTER DOSE TO RATS, INTESTINAL TRACT CONTAINED 14% OF THE (14)C & SINCE THIS HAD NOT ALTERED 24 HR LATER, ENTERO-HEPATIC CIRCULATION OF FLUORENE &/OR ITS METABOLITES MAY HAVE OCCURRED TO MAINTAIN THOSE LEVELS. HOWEVER, SLOW RELEASE OF 14(C) FROM INJECTION SITE PROVIDES AN ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons with 4 or less aromatic rings are degraded by microbes and are readily metabolized by multicellular organisms; biodegradation may be the ultimate fate process. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
Biodegradation is probably slower in the aquatic system than in the soil, and biodegradation may be much more important in those aquatic systems which are chronically affected by contamination. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
In microbial degradation studies conducted in sandy material, fluorene and other PAHs degraded to an average of 80%(1); in sterile controls, fluorene did not degrade suggesting microbial activity as the route of degradation(1). A review of environmental fate for fluorene has reported a fluorene biotransformation rate constant of 0.0062-0.01/hr(2); this corresponds to a half-life of 2.9-4.6 days(SRC). In a 7 day static incubation study using a sewage seed (followed by three weekly subculture inoculations for a total of 28 days of incubation), 65-82% of initial fluorene (5 and 10 ppm) was degraded after 7 days and 45-77% (of total additions) was degraded after 28 days(3); fluorene was classified as significantly degraded with gradual microbial adaptation(3). In biodegradation screening studies using subsurface soil from a contaminated creosote site, >92% of initial fluorene degraded within 1 week of incubation(4); in autoclaved soil, the degradation rate fell to 3.4% per week(4); using soil from a pristine site, the degradation rate was not statistically different between autoclaved and non-autoclaved soil suggesting that microbial adaptation to fluorene is important in subsurface regions(4).
In biodegradation tests using groundwater from a moderately contaminated well, fluorene degraded at a rate of 33-54% per week under conditions of dissolved oxygen addition and/or nutrient addition(1); no degradation occurred in sterile controls or in tests where limited oxygen was available(1). In a pilot-plant experimental system (simulating a waste treatment facility), 34-39% of influent fluorene was removed via biodegradation (the remainder was removed via strip loss (5-10%) and adsorption to sludge)(2). In a shake-flask screening study using creosote-contaminated soil as inoculum, 99% of initial fluorene was degraded after a 14 day incubation period(3); in sterile controls, only 15% of initial fluorene was lost(3). In river die-away tests using two natural river waters, little or no fluorene was degraded to CO2 (14-CO2 radio-labelled measurement) over a 24 hr incubation period(4).
- DCW Ltd.:
- profile: DCW Ltd. is really a manufacturer of fundamental chemicals for example caustic soda, upgraded ilmenite or synthetic rutile, yellowiron oxide, PVC resin, soda ash, ammonium bi-carbonate, liquid bromine and Bromide. We export upgraded ilmenite and pigment grade yellow iron oxide.
- ANJI JIAHE FLUOROUS RUBBER Co., Ltd LW:
- Anji Jiahe Fluorous Rubber Co., Ltd?is a manufacturer of PTFE with well-equipped testing equipment and strong technical force.With a wide range,Website:http://www.ajjhptfe.asia, good quality, reasonable prices and stylish designs, our products are extensively used in Electronics, Chemicals and other industries. Our products are widely recognized and trusted by users and can meet continuously developing economic and social needs. We welcome new and old customers from all walks of life to contact us for future business relationships and achieving mutual success!
- Shanghai DND Pharm Technology Co., Inc.:
- Shanghai DND Pharm-Technology Co.,Corporation. is really a Hi-Tech enterprise dedicated to R&D, production and marketing of pharmaceutical items, covering botanical extract, TCM, Bulk Drugs, new kinds of pharmaceutical intermediates,and Pharmaceutical Formulations.With headquarters situated in Shanghai, DND Pharm has two affiliated companies Zhejiang DND Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd(world wide web.dndpharm.cn), Sichuan DND Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd,Additionally, several planting bases with processes meeting standards of GAP happen to be setup.
- Hangzhou Toplift Machinery Co.,Ltd:
- Hangzhou Toplift Machinery Co.,Ltd . is a Sino-Foreign joint venture established in 2002 .The main products are ammunition containers,Website:http://www.topliftcn.com, jerry cans, logistics pallet, drywall panel lift etc series products . The company is located in Zhejiang province, Fuyang LuShan Industrial Zone, based on an area of 1,5000 square meters site. There are more than 200 employees. Toplift Machinery has advanced production equipment, strong technical force and perfect testing equipment. There are stamping workshop ,weld workshop ,paint workshop and assemble workshop. Currently, ammunition container and jerry cans are already exported to USA, UK, Australia, Italy and 20 other countries and regions. Our company has always focused on research, development and innovation. we are I
- Shenzhen Xinhaisen Technology Limited:
- Shenzhen Xinhaisen Technology Limited Company is a manufacturer of high precision etching parts with good service .,We specialize in the production of etching parts,Website:http://www.xhs-etchings.com, Coffee Maker Filters, etching crafts coffee etching mesh ,shower hear plate, stainless steel etching encoder disk ,phone receiver speaker mesh.and various types of filter mesh for insect nets and so on . We have a strong R&D department and experienced engineers. OEM/ODM products are welcomed , We can design and make according to your ideas and samples. Quality control is more an action than a slogan. Strict quality control is implemented in all aspects of operations to meet the high standards of top-tier customers.
- Shanghai New Qumun Furniture Co., Ltd:
- Qumun is?the largest?commercial furniture manufacturer in?Shanghai,Website:http://www.qumunfurniture.com,China with 1000 employees and 100,000.0 m2 factory. With 20-year project?and OEM experience exporting to?South&North America,?Middle East,Southeast Asia,Oceania and Europe,lasting relationship and?well reputation had been gained for: ? 1.?Customized designs are accepted?without MOQ. 2.?20 years' project experience: cooperated with architect, contractor, interior designer,?construction,?property?developer?for?Government, Bank, University,Financial?Institute,Airport,Hospital and?global?Hotel?projects.? 3.?One-stop sourcing service with materials covering solid wood, veneer, laminate, MFC, glass and marble, fabric&leather upholstery,metal and stainless steel products etc. 4.?Complete equip
- Shenzhen Jiechuang Display Product Co., Limited:
- Shenzhen Jiechuang Display Product Co., Limited is a professional designer and manufacture of custom printing cardboard displays since 2005 in Shenzhen,Website:http://www.displaystandpop.net, China. We have professional design team and sales department to offer customers the best service. All kinds of cardboard displays are available in our factory, here are the main styles that we could produce: Custom cardboard display, cardboard display stand, cardboard display rack, supermarket display, cardboard countertop display, cardboard pallet display, cardboard dump bin display, cardboard hook display, retail store display, pop display, pos display, cardboard table display, cardboard display box, cardboard display case, cardboard trolley box, cardboard cutouts, cardboard totem display, cardboa