- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:86-73-7
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Fluorene ( CASNO:86-73-7 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white flakes
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Insoluble AUTOIGNITION
- DAZZLING WHITE LEAFLETS OR FLAKES FROM ALCOHOL
SMALL, WHITE, CRYSTALLINE PLATES; FLUORESCENT WHEN IMPURE
- Stable. Combustible. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- APPROX 4°C
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (CHLOROFORM): 266 NM (LOG E= 4.3); 290 NM (LOG E= 3.8); 301 NM (LOG E= 4.0)
SADTLER REF NUMBER: 7540 (IR, PRISM); 240 (IR, GRATING); 2114 (UV); 288 (NMR)
Intense mass spectral peaks: 166 m/z (100%), 165 m/z (80%), 167 m/z (15%), 163 m/z (12%)
IR: 6251 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 5-350 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
MASS: 127 (Aldermaston, Eight Peak Index of Mass Spectra, UK)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.2185 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:0
Heavy Atom Count:13
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:3
Effective Rotor Count:0.2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Xi: Irritant;Xn: Harmful;T: Toxic;F: Flammable;N: Dangerous for the environment;
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Hazard Codes:NTFXiXn
Risk Statements: 50/53-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11-67-65-38-36/38-36/37/38
R50/53: Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment
R39: Danger of very serious irreversible effects
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R11: Highly flammable
R67: Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness
R65: Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed
R38: Irritating to skin
R36/38: Irritating to eyes and skin
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin
Safety Statements: 60-61-24/25-45-36/37-16-7-62-33-24-22-36/37/39-27-26
S60: This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste
S61: Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets
S24/25: Avoid contact with skin and eyes
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label whenever possible.)
S36/37: Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
S16: Keep away from sources of ignition
S62: If swallowed, do not induce vomitting; seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
S33: Take precautionary measures against static discharges
S24: Avoid contact with skin
S22: Do not breathe dust
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
S27: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 3
Hazard Note: Harmful
HS Code: 29029080
- Cleanup Methods:
- The particle-bound portion of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) can be removed by sedimentation, flocculation, and filtration processes. The remaining ... dissolved polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons usually requires oxidation for partial removal/transformation. /Polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons/
- UN 3077
- GRADES: TECHNICAL; 98% PURE
Fluorene (technical) 90% (min)
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Personal Protection:
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Fire Fighting: Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
FROM ACETYLENE & HYDROGEN IN RED-HOT TUBE; FROM CHARCOAL BY BOILING WITH FUMING NITRIC ACID; FROM 2,2'-DIBROMODIPHENYLMETHANE ON BOILING WITH HYDRAZINE HYDRATE IN PRESENCE OF PALLADIUM.
BY REDUCTION OF DIPHENYLENE KETONE WITH ZINCU.S. Imports
(1972) 2.85X10+6 GRAMS
(1975) 4.49X10+4 GRAMS
(1984) 9.08X10+3 gU.S. Production
(1972) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
(1975) NOT PRODUCED COMMERCIALLY IN USA
NO /COMMERCIAL USA / PRODUCTION OF THIS COMPOUNDConsumption Patterns
100% AS A CHEMICAL INTERMEDIATE IN VARIOUS APPLICATIONS
- Chemical intermediate in numerous misc applications & in formation of polyradicals for resins.
- Sampling Procedures:
- NIOSH Method 5515. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37-mm polytetrafluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min: Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes; wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Sample Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
NIOSH Method 5506. Analyte: Fluorene. MATRIX: Air. Sampler: Filter plus sorbent (2 um, 37 mm polytetra fluoroethylene plus washed XAD-2, 100 mg/50 mg). Flow Rate: 2 l/min. Sample Size: 400 liters. SHIPMENT: Transfer filters to culture tubes wrap sorbent and culture tubes in aluminum foil; ship @ 0 deg C. Stability: Unknown; protect from heat and ultraviolet radiation.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that increase the risk of NEOPLASMS in humans or animals. Both genotoxic chemicals, which affect DNA directly, and nongenotoxic chemicals, which induce neoplasms by other mechanism, are included.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- THERE WERE SPECIES DIFFERENCES IN EXCRETION OF AN IP DOSE OF (14)C FLUORENE. GUINEA PIGS ELIMINATED (14)C MORE RAPIDLY THAN RATS OR RABBITS & AFTER 12 HR, HAD EXCRETED 53% IN URINE WHEREAS OTHER SPECIES HAD EXCRETED 12% & 20% RESPECTIVELY. IN 48 HR, IN URINE & FECES RESPECTIVELY, GUINEA PIGS EXCRETED 82% & 6%, RATS EXCRETED 57% & 16% & RABBITS EXCRETED 39% & 1%. 24 HR AFTER DOSE TO RATS, INTESTINAL TRACT CONTAINED 14% OF THE (14)C & SINCE THIS HAD NOT ALTERED 24 HR LATER, ENTERO-HEPATIC CIRCULATION OF FLUORENE &/OR ITS METABOLITES MAY HAVE OCCURRED TO MAINTAIN THOSE LEVELS. HOWEVER, SLOW RELEASE OF 14(C) FROM INJECTION SITE PROVIDES AN ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons with 4 or less aromatic rings are degraded by microbes and are readily metabolized by multicellular organisms; biodegradation may be the ultimate fate process. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
Biodegradation is probably slower in the aquatic system than in the soil, and biodegradation may be much more important in those aquatic systems which are chronically affected by contamination. /Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons/
In microbial degradation studies conducted in sandy material, fluorene and other PAHs degraded to an average of 80%(1); in sterile controls, fluorene did not degrade suggesting microbial activity as the route of degradation(1). A review of environmental fate for fluorene has reported a fluorene biotransformation rate constant of 0.0062-0.01/hr(2); this corresponds to a half-life of 2.9-4.6 days(SRC). In a 7 day static incubation study using a sewage seed (followed by three weekly subculture inoculations for a total of 28 days of incubation), 65-82% of initial fluorene (5 and 10 ppm) was degraded after 7 days and 45-77% (of total additions) was degraded after 28 days(3); fluorene was classified as significantly degraded with gradual microbial adaptation(3). In biodegradation screening studies using subsurface soil from a contaminated creosote site, >92% of initial fluorene degraded within 1 week of incubation(4); in autoclaved soil, the degradation rate fell to 3.4% per week(4); using soil from a pristine site, the degradation rate was not statistically different between autoclaved and non-autoclaved soil suggesting that microbial adaptation to fluorene is important in subsurface regions(4).
In biodegradation tests using groundwater from a moderately contaminated well, fluorene degraded at a rate of 33-54% per week under conditions of dissolved oxygen addition and/or nutrient addition(1); no degradation occurred in sterile controls or in tests where limited oxygen was available(1). In a pilot-plant experimental system (simulating a waste treatment facility), 34-39% of influent fluorene was removed via biodegradation (the remainder was removed via strip loss (5-10%) and adsorption to sludge)(2). In a shake-flask screening study using creosote-contaminated soil as inoculum, 99% of initial fluorene was degraded after a 14 day incubation period(3); in sterile controls, only 15% of initial fluorene was lost(3). In river die-away tests using two natural river waters, little or no fluorene was degraded to CO2 (14-CO2 radio-labelled measurement) over a 24 hr incubation period(4).
- RONGCHENG WUJIA PLASTIC COLTD:
- Rongcheng Wujia plastic Co,Website:http://www.wujiaplastic.com,LTD established in 2000,locates in beautiful seaside city-Ranching Shandong. Our company covers an area of about 10000 square meters and 6000 square meters with standard factory and office. We are professional to product all scale ziplock bags and slide bags, especially our mini-size bags (0.5inch—1.5 inches) are very popular in the world. The annual output of our company is more than 2000 t. All products export to American, Europe, middle-east and other countries. The company has been adhering to the "quality first, customer first, pragmatic and pioneering, refine on" business philosophy, to provide high-quality, low-cost products and first-class service to customers, rapid and harmonious development, sincerely cooperate with
- World-way Biotech Inc.:
- World-way Biotech,we're focusing in Plant Extract items.Greater than 16years R&D and produce experience make us own effective competitive.
- Top Pharm Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Shaanxi Top Pharm Chemical Co., Ltd. continues to be mainly involved in the study, development, and marketing of numerous phytochemical items since 1999. We take full benefits of natural pharmaceutical sources which grow within the regions of Qinba Mountain and Qinling Mountain. Within years' development, our core competition continues to be firmly created and developed.At Top Pharm, we devoted ourselves towards the sophisticated items with carefully selected natural assets to satisfy the demands' in our clients ahead of time.
- Tangshan Sanding Chemicals Co.,Ltd:
- profile: Tangshan Sanding Chemicals Co.,Ltd offers chemical items. Our items include guanidine hydrochloride, Sulfamic acidity, sodium sulfamate, liquid guanidine hydrochloride, guanidine sulfamate, ammonium sulfamate and magnesium sulfate. Ourguanidine hydrochloride can be used to create sulfanilamides drugs and antistatic agent of synthetic fiber.
- DaXingAnLing Lingonberry Group:
- Lingonberry group is really a leader who devoted to creating top quality plant extracts, customized formulation blends and OEM service greater than 13 years. The factory is situated within the Da Xing An Ling mountain tops, having a bigger quantity of pollution-free wild sources.It covers a place of 100,000㎡ and is the owner of probably the most advanced continuous ultrasound counter-current extraction equipment and 5000㎡ GMP training courses.Ligonberry is the owner of 2 independent R&D centers &61 patents. We sincerely welcome clients and buddies to go to and evaluate us from around the globe.Please contact our professional salesforce and relish the service.
- Gold Resources Chem Group Ltd:
- Gold Sources Chem Group Ltdestablished in 1994 is really a comprehensive chemical enterprise that combine manufacture, Research & Development and worldwide trade. With advanced equipment and keeping strong R&D power,Gold Resourcestakes a leading position in Chinese chemical industry .Gold Sources primary produce Phosphate items,Painting & Coating items,Fertilizer items and other recycleables.We export our 80% items to EU,USA,Middle East,East Asia etc.We've been taking "leading technology, Superior quality and sincere service" as the ability and supply of our development.we sincerely welcome your visit and business,let us interact for mutual benefits!
- Anyang Double Circle Auxiliary CO.,LTD:
- Anyang Double Circle Auxiliary Co.,ltd is a professional manufacturer of chemical auxiliaries . Established in the nineteen nineties, there exists a near three decades history. We're &ldquo person in the council of China Dyestuff Industry Association&rdquo, &ldquoDeputy Director of China Dyestuff Industry Association Textile Printing and Dyeing Auxiliaries Committee&rdquo. Our total yearly output is 80,000mts and we estbalised a brand new production base in Lianyungang. We've the recognition of &ldquoProvincial-level Enterprise Technical Center&rdquo, &rdquoMunicipal Key Laboratory&rdquo. We've strong pressure on technic, discovering system, research and development and can offer medications for the clients and offer according service.
- HaoKang Enterprise (Quanzhou) Co. LTD:
- Quanzhou HaoKang Melamine / Bamboo Fiber Tableware Manufacturing Co. Ltd located in Fujian province,Website:http://www.melamine-bowl.com, Quanzhou city, we are a modern melamine / Bamboo fiber tableware enterprise with research and development, manufacturing, sales and service. 1. We introduce a full set of advanced production equipment. 2. We have the professional technical and operational management 3. We use high quality raw materials for various kinds of Chinese / Western melamine tableware 4. we can develop new products according to customer requirements. Our products is rich with completed patterns, mainly including Bowl, Plate, Dish, Tray, Mug, Suit etc. Our products are exported to Asia, Europe, America and other parts of the world. QuanZhou HaoKang Melamine / Bamboo Fiber Co.
- Jinan Chuan Cheng Pharmaceutical R&D Co., Ltd.:
- Jinan Chuan Cheng Pharmaceutical R&D Co., Ltd.(CCPH for brief) Founded in 2003. CCPH is really a High-Tech enterprise that is devoted to R&D APIs, Intermediates and pharmaceutical formulations. CCPH takes management strictly based on GMP and ISO Standard, and individually evolves industrialization production primary items including Clemastine Fumarate, Phosphonoformic acidity trisodium salt hexahydrate, Setastine hydrochloride, Carteolol Hydrochloride, Olsalazine Sodium, Trimethylsulfoxonium Bromide, ETC. The organization is easily the most competitive production enterprise in China and has transpired quality audit from foreign famous pharmaceutical businesses. CCPH is the owner of trade import and export authority. Our items take worldwide market as priority and dome