- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:84-69-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Diisobutyl phthalate ( CASNO:84-69-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- Diisobutyl phthalate
- CAS Registry number:
1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid bis(2-methylpropyl) ester
phthalic acid diisobutyl ester
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Clear, colorless, viscous liquid.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.4900 at 25 deg C/D
Raman: 79 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
IR: 367 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
UV: 955 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
1H NMR: 709 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 71639 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral database, 1990 version)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:278.34348 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:8
Topological Polar Surface Area:52.6
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:8
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.8
CID Conformer Count:143
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- UN 3082
- Fire Fighting Procedures:
- Alcohol foam. Water or foam may cause frothing.
- Fire Potential:
- The water based adhesive may contain typically up to 15% DIBP. ...
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Diisobutyl phthalate is an indirect food additive for use only as a component of adhesives.
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: Contaminated protective clothing should be segregated in such a manner so that there is no direct personal contact by personnel who handle, dispose, or clean the clothing. Quality assurance to ascertain the completeness of the cleaning procedures should be implemented before the decontaminated protective clothing is returned for reuse by the workers. Contaminated clothing should not be taken home at end of shift, but should remain at employee's place of work for cleaning.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 4.11
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- U.S. Production
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-methylpropyl) ester is listed as a High Production Volume (HPV) chemical (65FR81686). Chemicals listed as HPV were produced in or imported into the U.S. in >1 million pounds in 1990 and/or 1994. The HPV list is based on the 1990 Inventory Update Rule. (IUR) (40 CFR part 710 subpart B; 51FR21438).
Production volumes for non-confidential chemicals reported under the Inventory Update Rule. Year Production Range (pounds) 1986 >1 million - 10 million 1990 >1 million - 10 million 1994 >1 million - 10 million 1998 >1 million - 10 million 2002 >500 thousand - 1 million
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- This study examined the extent of dermal absorption of a series of phthalate diesters in the rat. Those tested were dimethyl, diethyl, dibutyl, diisobutyl, dihexyl, di(2-ethylhexyl), diisodecyl, and benzyl butyl phthalate. Hair from a skin area (1.3 cm in diameter) on the back of male F344 rats was clipped, the 14(C)phthalate diester was applied in a dose of 157 mumol/kg, and the area of application was covered with a perforated cap. The rat was restrained and housed for 7 days in a metabolic cage that allowed separate collection of urine and feces. Urine and feces were collected every 24 hr, and the amount of (14)C excreted was taken as an index of the percutaneous absorption. At 24 hr, diethyl phthalate showed the greatest excretion (26%). As the length of the alkyl side chain increased, the amount of (14)C excreted in the first 24 hr decreased signficantly. The cumulative percentage dose excreted in 7 days was greatest for diethyl, dibutyl, and diisobutyl phthalate, about 50-60% of the applied (14)C; an intermediate (20-40%) for dimethyl, benzyl butyl, and dihexyl phthalate. Urine was the major route of excretion of all phthalate diesters except for diisodecyl phthalate. This compound was poorly absorbed and showed almost no urinary excretion. After 7 days, the percentage dose for each phthalate that remained in the body was minimal showed no specific tissue distribution. Most of the unexcreted dose remained in the area of application. These data show that the structure of the phthalate diester determines the degree of dermal absorption. Absorption maximized with diethyl phthalate and then decreased significantly as the alkyl side chain length increased. [Elsisi AE et al; Fundam Appl Toxicol 12 (1): 70-7 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- The rate constant for the vapor-phase reaction of diisobutyl phthalate with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals has been estimated as 9.3X10-12 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) using a structure estimation method(1). This corresponds to an atmospheric half-life of about 42 hours at an atmospheric concentration of 5X10+5 hydroxyl radicals per cu cm(1). A base-catalyzed second-order hydrolysis rate constant of 4.1 L/mole-sec(SRC) was estimated using a structure estimation method(2); this corresponds to half-lives of 5.3 years and 190 days at pH values of 7 and 8, respectively(2). Diisobutyl phthalate does contain chromophores that absorb at wavelengths >290 nm(3) and therefore may be susceptible to direct photolysis by sunlight(SRC).
- Shanghai Ceyuan Industrial Co., Ltd.:
- Shanghai Ceyuan Industrial (SCI) Ltd. is global pioneer in the design and manufacture of world leading,Website:http://www.cyledlight.com, intelligent iLED? street lights and OEM LED lighting solutions for?commercial, office, architectural, outdoor, sports court, amenity and domestic white light and RGB-W/A applications. As recognised industry experts, SCI applies superior knowledge of LED heat sink technology, thermal modelling and optical systems to design and manufacture high quality, durable LED lighting solutions. Our experienced team of designers and engineers are able to provide elegant product design, advanced thermal modelling, optical design, rapid prototyping and full manufacturing support to enable our customers to focus on sales rather than design. SCI serves an international
- shandong xingang chemical co., ltd.:
- Founded in 1993, Shandong Xingang is situated within the seaside City Dongying, the bottom of china&rsquos second biggest oilfield &ndashShengli Oilfield, covering a complete section of 130, 000 square meters. What We Should do? Xingang may be the leading manufacturer and global supplier of two-phenylphenol on the planet using the output 3000tm/year. Our wholesomeness reaches up to 99.9% above. no odor, GOOD APPEARANCE and alkali solvent is obvious and Transparent. Capability Since 2006, OPP's production capacity has elevated to 3000MT each year. Another new production type of 5000MT each year come in operation in 2013. Additionally towards the steady capacity, using the 99.9% above wholesomeness, our OPP product quality continues to be the
- Hongkong Yuchen Pharma Co,. Ltd:
- We advocate an enterprise idea that“Efficient innovation,integrity rigorous,friendship development, win-win cooperation.”On base of Survival by quality,Create gain service, Building prestige by law and discipline,we've high feeling of social responsibility and different charming enterprise culture.
- Wuhan Fortuna Chemical Inc:
- Wuhan Fortuna Chemical Co., Ltd, situated within the predominant Wuhan Citywhere is really a traffic hinge of China，is a large integrative chemical enterprise being involved in creating and developing pharmaceutical &lifier its intermediates, food additive and Plant Extract, and in distributing the produc ts of our own company and affiliated businesses. We have professional staff who cope with chemical R&D and scientific management, and holds several teams of examining instruments rich in efficiency and high sensitivity, for example HPLc, Gc and spectrophotometer. Meanwhile, we possess of complete Q.a. and Q.c. System, supply chemical items with higher quality and custom-customized items based on our clients&rsquo requirement. Since Fortuna Chemical foundation, we cont
- zibo boshan win-win chemicals co.,ltd:
- Zibo Boshan Win-win Chemicals Co., Ltd is really a manufacturer of industrialaluminum sulfate for water treatment in china, Established in March 2002, is really a private share-system company that's cool and established from original Boshan Fine Chemicals Factory. We are Not just near from Qingdao Port but also we are able to got scores of materials within the locality so we have absoultly competition advantage on the market. Nowadays, its annual creation of industrial aluminum sulfate is 10thousand tons and of non-iron is 30 1000. The items have passed ISO9001: 2004 quality system authentication and ISO14001: 1996 Environment Management System certification. Dedicating towards the treatment industry of drinkable water and sewage &papermaking industry. Over p
- Shijiazhuang City Zhengjiu Trade Co., Ltd:
- Shijiazhuang Zhengjiu Co.Ltd started in1988.The organization is among the earliest manufactures of SLES,LABSA,Paraffin Wax,Stearic Acidity, boric acidity, etc in Shijiazhuang.Our items happen to be released to greater than 20 nations,Throughout the passed 24 years,We loved an immediate and stable growth.Our items mostly are for industrial manufacture of recycleables and auxiliary materials production within the industrial aspect. Our product may also apply on pesticide sprays, dyes, and leather, burning support chemicals, and feed chemicals.Top quality items have assisted us to guide to the market in the forefront.We have group of highly experienced professionals including engineers specialists and sales employees.Our company principle is" solidarity, Innovation, enterprising, "
- Nantong Litai Jianlong Food Co., Ltd:
- Nantong Litai Jianlong Food Co., Ltd. was founded in May,Website:http://www.jellysupplier.com, 2009 and located in Tianshenggang town, Gangzha area, Nantong city. Nantong city is one of the main exporting ports in Jiangsu province, which is in the southeast of China. Nantong Harbor is one of the national class one open ports and the main exporting port of Shanghai International Shipping center. With the good advantage, it has provided us the best and convenient way for exporting.? Our company is a Taiwan-owned enterprise and can freely import & export goods. We not only have the standardized production line for manufacturing jelly, advanced automatic packing machines, PET plastic machines which produce various of the packing jars, which are made by the latest injection molding and blow mol
- Shijiazhuang Pangji Imp.&Exp.Co.,Ltd:
- Shijiazhuang Pangji Imp & Exp co.,ltd ,certainly one of professional producers of plastic and rubber raw material, We manufacture, distribute and export synthetic resin, synthetic rubber, and Polymer. Also agent sinopec company's items. the synthetic resin products include low-density polyethylene (ldpe), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), linear low- density polyethylene (Lldpe), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and acrylonitrile-butadiene- styrene (ABS),etc . The synthetic rubber items include IIR, SBR, BR and SBS, ETC.We mainly export European ,America , Russia ,along with other marketplaces.Supplying top quality and Useful items and expertise to fulfill customers' needs may be the mission we devote ourselves to. All the pangji' s individuals a
- QUANZHOU XH. BAGS MANUFACTURER:
- WE ARE PROFESSIONAL WATERPROOF BAGS MANUFACTURER SINCE 1992. THERE ARE ABOUT 10,Website:http://www.qzaodobag.com,000 SQUARE METERS BUILDINGS, 450 WORKERS,INCLUDED KINDS OF PROFESSIONAL MACHINES LIKE Hydraulic cutting machine, laser cutting machine, ultrasonic machine, hot-press ETC., WITH KINDS OF COMPUTER STITCHING MACHINES AND COMPUTER PLATFORM MATCHING.
- Wu Xi Chuang Hui Metal Product Co.,Ltd HS:
- Fuzhou HVBAN Mechanical Equipment Co.,Ltd,Website:http://www.airless-sprayer-a.nl, is a leading national high-tech enterprise integrated by research and development, distribution and relative service, with over ten years experiences in researching an manufacturing of fluid equipment. We devote ourselves to be a ‘created in China’ enterprise. Adhering to the spirit of “Seek survival with quality, seek development with credit”, HVBAN are continuously making every effort to develop innovation and strengthen quality management aiming to supply our customers with more premium and practical products. We have exported to more than 140?different countries?and?regions. HVBAN gradually becomes the first-class brand of fluid paint equipment in the world.
- Huizhou Yangrui Printing & Packaging Co.,Ltd:
- Huizhou Yang Rui Printing &Packaging Co., Ltd,Website:http://www.packagingbag5.com,Established in 2002,more than 30000 square meters,8000 square GMP dust-free workshop, 500 square laboratory.all the printing ink and gluewater can meet The FDA.New 10 color gravure printing machine, high-speed machines,Bag making machine,goods inspect machine can meet the high-end customer requirements in the quality of printed matter.Blown film machine can greatly reduce costs,cut bag machine and so on. The company is a large printing and packaging enterprise.It is specialized in the production and sale of mid-range and high -end OPP / PP / PE plastic bags, aluminum foil bags, self-adhesive bags, food packaging bags,stand up pouch,coffee bags,garment bags,t-shirt bags,packaging film and other packaging pr
- Shanxi Bewell Chemicals Co. Ltd:
- Bewell Chemicals is among the backbone businesses manufacture and buying and selling chemical raw material items, such as the basis Inorganic and organic chemicals, dyestuffs, that are utilized in Paint & Coating Industry, rubber industry, detergent industry, Water-treatment Industry, Leather/Texitile Industry, Plasticiser Industry, ETC.