- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:84-69-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Diisobutyl phthalate ( CASNO:84-69-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- Diisobutyl phthalate
- CAS Registry number:
1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid bis(2-methylpropyl) ester
phthalic acid diisobutyl ester
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Clear, colorless, viscous liquid.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.4900 at 25 deg C/D
Raman: 79 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
IR: 367 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
UV: 955 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
1H NMR: 709 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 71639 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral database, 1990 version)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:278.34348 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:8
Topological Polar Surface Area:52.6
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:8
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.8
CID Conformer Count:143
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- UN 3082
- Fire Fighting Procedures:
- Alcohol foam. Water or foam may cause frothing.
- Fire Potential:
- The water based adhesive may contain typically up to 15% DIBP. ...
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Diisobutyl phthalate is an indirect food additive for use only as a component of adhesives.
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: Contaminated protective clothing should be segregated in such a manner so that there is no direct personal contact by personnel who handle, dispose, or clean the clothing. Quality assurance to ascertain the completeness of the cleaning procedures should be implemented before the decontaminated protective clothing is returned for reuse by the workers. Contaminated clothing should not be taken home at end of shift, but should remain at employee's place of work for cleaning.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 4.11
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- U.S. Production
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-methylpropyl) ester is listed as a High Production Volume (HPV) chemical (65FR81686). Chemicals listed as HPV were produced in or imported into the U.S. in >1 million pounds in 1990 and/or 1994. The HPV list is based on the 1990 Inventory Update Rule. (IUR) (40 CFR part 710 subpart B; 51FR21438).
Production volumes for non-confidential chemicals reported under the Inventory Update Rule. Year Production Range (pounds) 1986 >1 million - 10 million 1990 >1 million - 10 million 1994 >1 million - 10 million 1998 >1 million - 10 million 2002 >500 thousand - 1 million
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- This study examined the extent of dermal absorption of a series of phthalate diesters in the rat. Those tested were dimethyl, diethyl, dibutyl, diisobutyl, dihexyl, di(2-ethylhexyl), diisodecyl, and benzyl butyl phthalate. Hair from a skin area (1.3 cm in diameter) on the back of male F344 rats was clipped, the 14(C)phthalate diester was applied in a dose of 157 mumol/kg, and the area of application was covered with a perforated cap. The rat was restrained and housed for 7 days in a metabolic cage that allowed separate collection of urine and feces. Urine and feces were collected every 24 hr, and the amount of (14)C excreted was taken as an index of the percutaneous absorption. At 24 hr, diethyl phthalate showed the greatest excretion (26%). As the length of the alkyl side chain increased, the amount of (14)C excreted in the first 24 hr decreased signficantly. The cumulative percentage dose excreted in 7 days was greatest for diethyl, dibutyl, and diisobutyl phthalate, about 50-60% of the applied (14)C; an intermediate (20-40%) for dimethyl, benzyl butyl, and dihexyl phthalate. Urine was the major route of excretion of all phthalate diesters except for diisodecyl phthalate. This compound was poorly absorbed and showed almost no urinary excretion. After 7 days, the percentage dose for each phthalate that remained in the body was minimal showed no specific tissue distribution. Most of the unexcreted dose remained in the area of application. These data show that the structure of the phthalate diester determines the degree of dermal absorption. Absorption maximized with diethyl phthalate and then decreased significantly as the alkyl side chain length increased. [Elsisi AE et al; Fundam Appl Toxicol 12 (1): 70-7 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- The rate constant for the vapor-phase reaction of diisobutyl phthalate with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals has been estimated as 9.3X10-12 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) using a structure estimation method(1). This corresponds to an atmospheric half-life of about 42 hours at an atmospheric concentration of 5X10+5 hydroxyl radicals per cu cm(1). A base-catalyzed second-order hydrolysis rate constant of 4.1 L/mole-sec(SRC) was estimated using a structure estimation method(2); this corresponds to half-lives of 5.3 years and 190 days at pH values of 7 and 8, respectively(2). Diisobutyl phthalate does contain chromophores that absorb at wavelengths >290 nm(3) and therefore may be susceptible to direct photolysis by sunlight(SRC).
- Shenzhen Trustags Smartlabel Technology Co., Ltd:
- Shenzhen Trustags Smartlabel Technology Co., Ltd founded in August 2005. Is a high-tech manufacturer spe-cializes in producing Radio Frequency Identification(RFID) smart label. Providing high quality RFID products with competitive price. Providing wide range products item. Providing perfect after-sales service. Keeping wealthy production experience. Keeping advance production technology. Keeping professional R&D capability..Website:http://www.trustagsrfids.com
- Tianjin Jidi Chemical Plant:
- Tianjin JIDI Chemicals Plant was set on scuff of 90's.The entire area is all about 50000 M2. Annual output dyes are near 5000 MTS.The primary method is RHODAMINE. Another are Fundamental Dyes, acidity dyes, direct dyes and various liquid, high quality solvent dyes.The enterprise increased its inner management.They are doing their big efforts to grow the domestic market and abroad.The caliber of the items are the initial class.The items are very well offered in the domestic and abroad, Hongkong, Taiwan, Europe, america, East of Asia,ETC.The annual export covers 65% from the total items.The guarana plant has got the right of import and Export and also go through ISO9001:2000 attestation of quality system. Tianjin JIDI Chemical Plant has got the top class specialists,advanced testing tools, h
- Hanak International Industry Limited:
- Hanak Worldwide Industry Limited is factory and exchange together. A golden supplier of tool buggies and rubber wheels, Tyre Tubes.We are able to give you greater than 500 types of pushing buggies and over 400 kinds of tyres and casters. Items include wheelbarrows, hands trolleys, hands trucks, garden buggies, Tyres &lifier Tubes and casters. Simultaneously, we stock quality OEM service and items to clients.We have been sticking to credibility is very heavy, having a high customer loyalty,praise. daily, our industrial facilities unveil 4000 wheelbarrows, hands trolleys and garden buggies. 5000 sets tyres,20000 computers tubes.We produce the majority of our components in-house and conduct strict remedies on the buggies and tires. ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY We've constantly endeavored to upg
- Shanghai Scientia Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Shanghai Scientia Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. is an expert in offering chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs. Our items include active pharmaceutical components, chiral compounds, Boric Chemicals, heterocyclic compounds, chemical reagents, Inorganic compounds and pharmaceutical actives. Our APIs include cinacalcet hydrochloride, sitagliptin, ampalex,sitagliptin phosphate monohydrate, nebivolol hydrochloride, bortezomib, ambrisentan and talabostat mesylate. Our chemical reagents are 2,2-difluoro-1,3-dimethylimidazolidine, borane-methyl sulfide complex, benzylidene-bis(tricyclohexylphosphine)dichlororuthenium, n,n-diethylanilineborane, triethylborane-1,3-diaminopropane complex, tertiary-butylamine borane and pyridineborane. We offer various boric chemicals including 1,4-Benz
- Becker Chemicals:
- we are able to offer good? (BDPC, Bromadol) Bromadol Hcl Our quality is the greatest you'll find around and we sell in small/large amounts with guaranteed discreet delivery early enough. All in quiries are welcomed at (beckerchemicals at live dot com ).
- WINDUS ENTERPRISES INC.:
- INDUS ENTERPRISES INC. started in 1998. To understand continual growing cost-effectiveness for the clients, in 2003, WINDUS has its own ISO 9001 certificate released by TUV Germany and In 2005, started to make use of ERP based on SAP Germany. WINDUS has complete departments including technology support, quality assurance & control and marketing & customer support, all individuals can integrate partner factories’ dominant sources and make sure the customer complete quality. We specialize in supplying the following kinds of virgin activated carbons with various adsorption specifications (Iodine, CTC, METHYLENE BLUE, Caramel..., Ash Contents, Hardness, Density and ETC./-1.Steamed bituminous-coal based granular activated carbons with mesh sizes (8X30, 12x40, 325...) mainly employed for h2o a
- TianJin MengEn Chemicals Co.,Ltd.:
- TianJin MengEn Chemicals CO.,Ltd.,MengEn is ISO9001:2000 quality approval enterprise, committed in offering inorganic/organic chemicals, pigments and dyestuffs in China. It is based on TianJin, China. With benefits of possessing our massive capital-possessed industrial facilities, we attribute our success to the long lasting efforts to provide quality and cost-effective chemicals to the clients. At the moment,all of our items are created by our capital-possessed industrial facilities,which are well equipped with
- Nanjing Rongxin Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- **Business Outline or Business Plan** Being among the greatest output of N-Propyl Acetate and the most crucial supplier of N-Propanol,Rongxin presently has the annual capacity of N-Propyl Acetate is much more than 30,000MT and may provide greater than 20,000MT/a of N-Propanol alcohol. **Business Performance(product,Trade Country / Area)** Rongxin Chemical hasn't only established lengthy-term good relationship with domestic effective petrochemical businesses but additionally along with other famous worldwide companies for example ARK Co.,Ltd of JapanFIRST NATIONAL COMPANY PLC(Russia)and so forth... **Competitive Busi
- Dongguan Hongkang Melamine Products Co.,Ltd:
- Dongguan Hongkang Melamine Products Co.,Ltd was established in 2009.We are specializing in melamine products manufacturing ,Website:http://www.melamine-productss.com, development and sale. We are located in Dongguan City, Guangdong Province , China. Factory cover an area of more than 5000 square meters and annual output 1000 tons and output value of USD 1500,000. We can offer melamine bowl series, like salad bowl, soup bowl, noodle bowl, mixing bowl set. Melamine plate series , like dinner plate, dessert plate, serving plate, square plate, fruit plate. Melamine tray,like serving tray, bar tray, square tray, round tray. Melamine cup ,like two tone cup, coffee mug, drinking cup, mild cup, kids cup, sippy cup, sippy mug. Melamine utensil , like spoon, fork, salad servers, Turner, Spaghetti,
- Guangzhou Huiyuan Green Chemicals Limited:
- Guangzhou Huiyuan Eco-friendly Chemical Co., Ltd., is situated in Panyu of Guangzhou, across the country are equipped with six subsidiaries (including two chemical plants and an investigation institute), would be to create a fine chemicals, surfactants, biological engineering, Eco-friendly and other high-tech chemical items and technology development-oriented research and production groups. Through research, in an exceedingly small amount of time is promoting over 200 new items, for the prosperity of animal husbandry, Marine Items, petrochemical, oil, textile, paper and biological engineering industry efforts to tackle many problems. The organization has transpired the ISO9001 quality certification and the ISO14001 ecological certification. In 2003 I had been the nation's industrial compan