- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:84-69-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Diisobutyl phthalate ( CASNO:84-69-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- Diisobutyl phthalate
- CAS Registry number:
1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid bis(2-methylpropyl) ester
phthalic acid diisobutyl ester
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Clear, colorless, viscous liquid.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.4900 at 25 deg C/D
Raman: 79 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
IR: 367 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
UV: 955 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
1H NMR: 709 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 71639 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral database, 1990 version)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:278.34348 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:8
Topological Polar Surface Area:52.6
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:8
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.8
CID Conformer Count:143
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- UN 3082
- Fire Fighting Procedures:
- Alcohol foam. Water or foam may cause frothing.
- Fire Potential:
- The water based adhesive may contain typically up to 15% DIBP. ...
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Diisobutyl phthalate is an indirect food additive for use only as a component of adhesives.
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: Contaminated protective clothing should be segregated in such a manner so that there is no direct personal contact by personnel who handle, dispose, or clean the clothing. Quality assurance to ascertain the completeness of the cleaning procedures should be implemented before the decontaminated protective clothing is returned for reuse by the workers. Contaminated clothing should not be taken home at end of shift, but should remain at employee's place of work for cleaning.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 4.11
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- U.S. Production
1,2-Benzenedicarboxylic acid, bis(2-methylpropyl) ester is listed as a High Production Volume (HPV) chemical (65FR81686). Chemicals listed as HPV were produced in or imported into the U.S. in >1 million pounds in 1990 and/or 1994. The HPV list is based on the 1990 Inventory Update Rule. (IUR) (40 CFR part 710 subpart B; 51FR21438).
Production volumes for non-confidential chemicals reported under the Inventory Update Rule. Year Production Range (pounds) 1986 >1 million - 10 million 1990 >1 million - 10 million 1994 >1 million - 10 million 1998 >1 million - 10 million 2002 >500 thousand - 1 million
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- This study examined the extent of dermal absorption of a series of phthalate diesters in the rat. Those tested were dimethyl, diethyl, dibutyl, diisobutyl, dihexyl, di(2-ethylhexyl), diisodecyl, and benzyl butyl phthalate. Hair from a skin area (1.3 cm in diameter) on the back of male F344 rats was clipped, the 14(C)phthalate diester was applied in a dose of 157 mumol/kg, and the area of application was covered with a perforated cap. The rat was restrained and housed for 7 days in a metabolic cage that allowed separate collection of urine and feces. Urine and feces were collected every 24 hr, and the amount of (14)C excreted was taken as an index of the percutaneous absorption. At 24 hr, diethyl phthalate showed the greatest excretion (26%). As the length of the alkyl side chain increased, the amount of (14)C excreted in the first 24 hr decreased signficantly. The cumulative percentage dose excreted in 7 days was greatest for diethyl, dibutyl, and diisobutyl phthalate, about 50-60% of the applied (14)C; an intermediate (20-40%) for dimethyl, benzyl butyl, and dihexyl phthalate. Urine was the major route of excretion of all phthalate diesters except for diisodecyl phthalate. This compound was poorly absorbed and showed almost no urinary excretion. After 7 days, the percentage dose for each phthalate that remained in the body was minimal showed no specific tissue distribution. Most of the unexcreted dose remained in the area of application. These data show that the structure of the phthalate diester determines the degree of dermal absorption. Absorption maximized with diethyl phthalate and then decreased significantly as the alkyl side chain length increased. [Elsisi AE et al; Fundam Appl Toxicol 12 (1): 70-7 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- The rate constant for the vapor-phase reaction of diisobutyl phthalate with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals has been estimated as 9.3X10-12 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) using a structure estimation method(1). This corresponds to an atmospheric half-life of about 42 hours at an atmospheric concentration of 5X10+5 hydroxyl radicals per cu cm(1). A base-catalyzed second-order hydrolysis rate constant of 4.1 L/mole-sec(SRC) was estimated using a structure estimation method(2); this corresponds to half-lives of 5.3 years and 190 days at pH values of 7 and 8, respectively(2). Diisobutyl phthalate does contain chromophores that absorb at wavelengths >290 nm(3) and therefore may be susceptible to direct photolysis by sunlight(SRC).
- Shenzhen Hongdian Corporation:
- Hongdian Corporation is a National High-Tech Enterprise,Website:http://www.industryrouters.net, specializing in research, development, marketing and service of M2M & Internet of Things (IoT) products and solutions.Early in May of 2002 Hongdian releases the first M2M products and solutions in domestic market based on mobile communication network, widely applied in power, oil, colliery, post, finance, environmental protection, water conservancy, transportation, railway, heating, road lamp monitoring, tax, security and other industries. After years of continuous efforts Hongdian has become the leader in M2M field. Since August of 2009 and with IoT developing rapidly, Hongdian first introduced complete set of IoT products and typical solutions,accumulating abundant application experiences in t
- Shouguang Fukang Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd.:
- Shouguang Fukang Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd. , includes a partnership with BASF, may be the biggest manufacturer and exporter of Trimethoprim, the biggest bromine and bromine compounds producer. The creation of Omeprazole, Sulfamethoxazole, Metformin hydrochloride,1-brompropane, 1-Bromo-3-chloropropane, meta-bromoanisole,1,3,5-trimethoxybenzene and2,3,4-trimethoxybenzaldehyde comes first in China. Shouguang Fukang Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd. has comprehensive quality assurance system,OHSAS and self-contained atmosphere protection establishment. She's been developing customer manufacturing project together with her R& D's predominance. Now, she's established formal business model with Pfizer, Sanofi-Aventis, Novatis and other famous pharmaceutical companies. The Organization has 14 indep
- Qingdao Dehui Halobios Science and Technology Co., Ltd.:
- Qingdao Dehui Halobios Science and Technology Co., Ltd. found in 1996,Website:http://www.dehuiyuanyang.com, specialized in research,development and production of halobios red algae-natural edible gum(carrageenan,agar). As the guidance of blue economy, it is a blue high-tech enterprise. Dehui owns an excellent team of research & development, production and sales. It carried out extensive cooperation with Institute of Oceanography,Chinese Academy of Sciences and Colleges & Universities, and continuously promoted the ability and level of developing and applying natural edible gum. Dehui, praised as edible gum expert by customers and industry insiders, made significant technological breakthrough in colloid modification, and had own three national invention patents in2012. Technology of bacteri
- Zhejiang Deqing Conceptfe Plastic products Co., Ltd.:
- Established in 1989,Website:http://www.conceptfechina.com, Zhejiang Deqing Conceptfe Plastic Products Co., Ltd,named Deqing Tonghe Plastics Research Institute before,is now developed into leading and professional manufacturer of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) and other engineering plastics from Zhejiang province and become a member of China Plastic Association and Fluorine Plastics Processing Committee. Our products range from PTFE sheets, rods, tubes, tapes, films, gaskets, packings and machining products, HDPE, PP, POM, PEEK and PHENOLIC etc. With advanced equipment and technology and near three decades of experience, our company has passed ISO9001 and ISO14001, and our products have got SGS, RoHS and FDA certifications. We have set up own brand " Conceptfe ". Our products enj
- NatSource Chemicals (Changsha) Corporation:
- profile: NatSource Chemicals (changsha) Corporation concentrates on supplying unique chemistry and chemical substances. Our chemical substances come from natural sources for that drug discovery programs & consumer items. We offer services in identification, isolation and purification of merely one compound from natural sources. We are able to offer natural based compound libraries. These pure compounds and natural based synthetic compounds are utilized within the pharmaceutical, chemical, Biotech and cosmetic industries.
- SeeU Intelligent Limited OI:
- SeeU intelligent Co., Ltd was set up in 2015. In behavior of the headquarter of China Lonrun Electronics Technology Co (GZ).,Website:http://www.seeuoem.net, Ltd who was founded in 1994. Our company located in the business center of Nansha district, Guangzhou. It is not only the pioneer in the areas of Chinese CCTV cameras, Digital Video Recorder and Smart Home equipment, but also the executor with the proposal of High Definition technology in 24 hours a day. As a national-class high and new technology company in the industry of the video information technology, SeeU applies dozens of invention, industrial design and utility model patents and copyrights of software applications. Especially both “Manual Zoom” and “Dual Automatic Linear Synchronous Focusing” created the new area of world-wil
- Elites Holdings Limited:
- Tianjin BoCheng Chemical Co., Ltd. situated in Chemical Park within the south of Haimen Bridge, tanggu, tianjin, began in 1996. We are among the professional producers and exporters ofsodium hydroxide / caustic soda flakes / solid / pearls soda ash light / densesodium sulphide.After greater than ten years' development, our annual product sales can be 100,000 tons for caustic soda, 200,000 soda ash and 100,000 sodium sulphide, the sales amount surpasses fifty million Yuan. We've progressed into an extensive enterprise which combines science and Technology, production and management. We've built subsidiary company, Elites Holdings Limited. Furthermore, we've established stable trade associations with clients from greater than 40 nations and regions according to equality and mutual benefit. W
- EASYBUYER LTD.,:
- EASYBUYER LTD.(RenYoung Pharma) is really a specialist and consultant in pharmaceutical items, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (apis) and Intermediates, Plant Extract and dietary supplements, ETC. We created give you the best service with guaranteed quality, Competitive Cost, fast delivery time, and detailed technology support. / /
- Wuhan Chujiang Chemical CO.,LTD:
- Wuhan Chujiang Chemical Co.Ltd, established in early 1980 th, has developed like a comprehensive chemical trade company. We specilize in chemical trade for example soda ash and naphthalene, and allow us our very own industrial facilities manufacturing KH2PO4. We have been approved to import and export many chemical items, including harmful chemicals. We mainly manage inorganic and organic industrial chemicals, including glass ceramics, Admixture, dye intermediate, coating fresh paint, painting, textile and printing, medicine and farm chemical and the like, we've greater than 200 types. Throughout yesteryear two decades, we've cooperated with more than 100 large and medium chemical businesses both in domestic and overseas marketplaces and we win a higher status included in this. We've two t
- NINGBO NASHE TEXTILE CO.,LTD:
- Ningbo Nashe Textile Co. Ltd was established in 2013,Website:http://www.babynashe.com, engaged in baby textile production and exports business for many years. Our products include baby crib bedding sets, baby quilt, baby blanket, baby clothing, baby swaddle blankets, baby bibs, baby sleeping bag, baby plush toys etc baby textile items. Our products are exported to worldwide and gain an increasing popularity.?We welcome distributorship inquiries as well as ODM and OEM orders.?With a powerful supply capability, we are capable of easily handling requests for our customers worldwide. International exhibitions keep us up to advance with the latest developments in the textile industry. And our experienced design team can provide you with precise solutions according to your demands. “Just for you