- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:83905-01-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Azithromycin ( CASNO:83905-01-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Iupac name:
- Azithromycin [USAN:BAN:INN]
1-Oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one,13-[(2,- 6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-R-Lribo- hexopyranosyl)oxy]-2-ethyl-3,4,10- trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-11- [[3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-a-D-xylohexopyranosyl] oxy]-,(2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,- 12S,13S,14R)-
Azithromycin (AIDS Initiative)
1-Oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one, 13-[(2,6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methylhexopyranosyl)oxy]-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-11-[[3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)hexopyranosyl]oxy]-, (2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,12S,13S,14R)-
Azithromycin? /Azithromycin Dihydrate
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white crystalline powder
- 1.18 g/cm3
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 822.1 °C at 760 mmHg
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 451 °C
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Storage temp:
- Store at -20°C
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:748.98448 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:7
Topological Polar Surface Area:180
Heavy Atom Count:52
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:18
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Xi: Irritant;
- Hazard Codes of Azithromycin (CAS NO.83905-01-5):?Xi
The Most common side effects are gastrointestinal; diarrhea , nausea , abdominal pain and vomiting.Serious allergic reactions, nervousness, dermatologic reactions, and fatalities have been reported? extremely rare.As with all antimicrobial agents, pseudomembranous colitis can occur during and up to several weeks after azithromycin therapy. Azithromycin may interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills; other forms of contraception may be required during the treatment period.
- Oral: For suspension: 100 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin) per 5 mL, Zithromax (Pfizer); 200 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin) per 5 mL, Zithromax (Pfizer); 1 g (of anhydrous azithromycin) per packet, Zithromax Single Dose Packets (Pfizer); Tablets, film coated: 250 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), Zithromax (scored, (Pfizer), Zithromax Z-Pak (scored; available as a 5 day mnemonic pack of 6 tablets), (Pfizer); 500 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), Zithromax (scored), (Pfizer), Zithromax Tri-Paks, (scored; available as a 3 day mnemonic pack of 3 tablets), (Pfizer); 600 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), Zithromax, (scored), (Pfizer).
Parenteral: For injection, for IV infusion only: 500 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), (Zithromax), (Pfizer).
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- The Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations List identifies currently marketed prescription drug products, incl azithromycin, approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by FDA under sections 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- ? Azithromycin ,?its cas register number is 83905-01-5. It also can be called?(2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,12S,13S,14R)-13-((2,6-Dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-alpha-L-ribo-hexopyranosyl)oxy)-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-11-((3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-beta-D-xylo-hexopyranosyl)oxy)-1-oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one ; 9-Deoxo-9a-aza-9a-methyl-9a-homoerythromycin A ; Aritromicina ; Azasite ; Azenil ; Azitrocin ; Azitromax ; Aztrin ;
?Hemomycin ; Misultina ; Mixoterin ; Setron ; Sumamed ; Tobil ; Tromix ; Trulimax ; Zithrax ; Zithromax .
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 4.02 [McFarland JW et al; J Med Chem 40: 1340-6 (1997)] PubMed Abstract
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic; related to Erythromycin A. Antibacterial
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biological Activity:
- Macrolide antibiotic. Inhibits 50S ribosomal subunit formation and elongation at transpeptidation step in gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. Orally active with improved pharmacokinetics over erythromycin in mouse models.
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that reduce the growth or reproduction of BACTERIA.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of cervicitis or urethritis due to Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhea. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis or acute otitis media due to Hemophilus influenza, Moraxella catarrhalis, or Streptococcus pneumonia. However, azithromycin is not recommended as the first line of therapy for otitis media. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of genital ulcer disease in men due to Hemophilus ducreyi. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the prevention of disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) disease in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease due to Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma hominis, or Neisseria gonorrhea. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of pharyngitis or tonsillitis due to Streptococcus pyogenes. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia due to Chlamydia pneumonia, Hemophilus influenza, Legionella pneumophila, Moraxella catarrhalis, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Staphylococcus aureus, or Streptococcus pneumonia. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactia, or Streptococcus pyogenes. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of trachoma due to Chlamydia trachomatis. /NOT included in US product labeling/
Acne vulgaris is a common skin disease seen primarily in adolescent and young adults. As the treatment involves long term therapy with antibiotics, an agent with a long half life can be very useful in increasing the compliance. To evaluate the role of a monthly dose of azithromycin and compare it with daily doxycycline, we conducted this randomized comparative study. Sixty patients with moderate to severe acne were randomly assigned to two treatment groups, A & B. Patients in group A received 100 mg doxycycline daily in addition to topical 0.05% tretinoin cream, whereas patients in group B were given 500 mg azithromycin once a day for four days per month along with 0.05% topical tretinoin for a total of 12 weeks. Of the 60 patients, 22 in group A and 28 in group B were evaluated. The monthly dose of azithromycin was found to be as effective as daily doxycycline on a pure protocol basis and statistically significantly better than doxycycline by intention to treat analysis. [Parsad D et al; J Dermatol 28 (1): 1-4 (2001)]
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Biliary excretion of azithromycin, predominantly as unchanged drug is a major route of elimination following oral administration.
Azithromycin is rapidly absorbed from the GI tract after oral administration; absorption of the drug is incomplete but exceeds that of erythromycin. The absolute oral bioavailability of azithromycin is reported to be approximately 34-52% with single doses of 500 mg to 1.2 g administered as various oral dosage forms. Limited evidence indicates that the low bioavailability of zithromycin results from incomplete GI absorption rather acid degradation of the drug or extensive first-pss metabolism.
Azithromycin appears to be distributed into most body tissues and fluids after oral or IV administration. The extensive tissue uptake of azithromycin has been attributed to cellular uptake of this basic antibiotic into relatively acidic lysosomes as a result of iron trapping and to an energy-dependent pathway associated with the nucleoside transport system.
Because of rapid distribution into tissues and high intracellular concentrations of azithromycin, tissue concentrations of the drug generally exceed plasma concentrations by 10- to 100-fold following single dose administration; with multiple dosing, the tissue-to-plasma ratio increases.
Administration of a single 500 mg oral dose of azithromycin generally produces drug concentrations of 1-9 ug/g in various tissues, including lung, gastric, prostatic, and gynecologic tissue.
Azithromycin has been detected in human milk.
In an open-label study, the concentrations of azithromycin in middle ear effusions and plasma were determined in 29 children between 1 and 8 years of age with a diagnosis of either secretory otitis media of at least 1 month's duration or acute otitis media. Azithromycin (10 mg/kg) was administered as a single dose 12, 24 or 48 hr before the insertion of tympanostomy tubes to 17 children with secretory otitis media and once daily for 5 days (10 mg/kg on day 1, 5 mg/kg on days 2-5) to 12 children with acute otitis media. In the 16 evaluable patients with secretory otitis media, azithromycin penetrated middle ear effusions, with group mean concentrations approximately two orders of magnitude greater than the concurrent plasma concentrations 12, 24 and 48 hr after administration. Similar plasma:effusion ratios were found 24 and 48 hr after starting once-daily therapy in 10 evaluable patients with acute otitis media.
- Xuancheng Jingrui New Material Co., Ltd68396:
- Uancheng Jingrui New Material Co., Ltd. is really a leading nanomaterials manufacturer, is an expert in nanotechnology for several years. The mind office and R&D center-Hangzhou Wanjing New Material Co., Ltd. was built-in 2001, locates Hangzhou, Zhejiang. Because of the good attract investment policy, we moved our production base to Xuancheng, Anhui in '09 and established Xuancheng Jingrui New Material Co., Ltd.Nowadays we've created an entire chain of researching, creating, Marketing and after-purchase maintenance.Our primary items include Nanometer Titanium Dioxide, Nanometer plastic dioxide,Nanometer Alumina, Nano Inorganic Antibacterial Agent, Nano ZrO2. That are broadly utilized in it and telecommunication, cosmetic, Plastic,Dope,Coating, textile,rubber,battery area and the like.Besid
- Wuhan Sincere-star Chemical Co., Ltd:
- : We're the maker and suppliers of Salicylaldehyde, Isophthalaldehyde ， Glycidyl methacrylate （ GMA ） coumarin,O-Anisaldehyde ,4-methoxyphenol ， 4-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol , Adipic acidity, Methyl 3-(Cyanomethyl) benzoate ect. At the moment, we are among biggest manufacturer for salicylaldehyde(6000mt/a), : We have modernized QC lab ,R&D department .Its construction area is 10000 square meters in which the plant occupies 7000 square meters and 3000 square meters for scientific research buiding . The organization is within Strong technical pressure with six senior technical staff such as the existing Engineering professors. Quality creating excellence and cost competing excellence. We will r
- Qingdao Yunwhua Industry Co.,Ltd.:
- Qingdao?Yunwhua?Industry?Co., Ltd. is a professional engaged in export of electric products and equipment. The company has high and low voltage power distribution equipment,Website:http://www.qdyonghuaxu.com, transformers, box-type substation, switch cabinet, power cables, High voltage cable branch box, Variable-frequency Drive and other industrial electrical products. Provides green high and low voltage electrical products and service solutions for electric power, industrial and civil, metallurgy, petrochemical, machinery manufacturing and other industries. The company always adhere to the "integrity first, quality service" policy. Customer-oriented, and constantly improves products quality, provides our customers with high quality, efficient and satisfactory service. 。
- world iron& steel co,ltd:
- WORLD IRON & STEEL is established in 2004 and in charge of international business. We have more than 10 years experience in manufacturing and exporting Boiler tube,Website:http://www.worldironsteel.com, Heat-exchanger tube, Condenser tube, Super-heater tube, Hydraulic honed tube, Mechanical tube, Structural tube, Line pipe,All our products are manufactured by latest manufacturing techniques with machines and equipment which fitted highest technology, in order to provide the manufacturing of products in full conformity with international standards with high quality materials in production in line with its carefully set policies for sustainable quality. We Mainly Supply Steel Pipe Standard: API-5L PSL 1/PSL 2, ASTM A53, ASTM A106, ASTM A178, ASTM A179, ASTM A192, ASTM A210,ASTM A213, AS
- Hangzhou Putianle Cable Co.,Ltd.:
- Angzhou Putianle Cable Co.,Ltd. is really a professional coaxial cable manufacturer which focused on creating 75 ohms CATV cable and 50 ohms wireless telecommunication cable. Company was placed in 2003, which situated in Lin an city, Hangzhou, the famous China cable township. PTL Cable is promoting among the outstanding cable companies in China, using more than 100 employees, 12,000m2 manufacturing area, 3,000m2 warehouse, roughly one million kilometers production capacity. We have world advanced producing line from Austria Rosendahl , Machine well corrugation lines electronic high-speed braider world advanced HP network analyzer Agilent E5071C and other testing instruments Meanwhile, PTL cable is qualified by ISO9001, Rosh certificate and China National Broadcasting & Televi
- Beijing Huaxia Yongle Adhesive Tape Co.,Ltd.:
- Hello dear, This really is Elegance from Beijing Huaxia Yongle Adhesive Tape Co.,Ltd., which is among the greatest adhesive tape producers on the planet and we're also a built-in manufacturer covering from machinery,film,adhesive lower to adhesive tape. 0pt">We will be in seo since 1985.In Sep.24th,2003 grew to become a listed public company in Singapore stock market. 0pt">Our products involved ALL ADHESIVE TAPES including :PVC ELECTRICAL TAPE,PVC WIRE HARNESS TAPE,PVC MARKING TAPE,BOPP TAPE,DOUBLE SIDE TISSUE TAPE,Hiding TAPE,FIBER GLASS TAPE,CLOTH TAPE, mso-font-kerning:0pt">CLOTH WIRE HARNESS TAPE,ect. And a number of them have passed UL,CE,CSA,BSI,ISO/TS16949 certificates and conveying to
- Beijing Chemsun Pharmtech Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Beijing Chemsun Pharmtech Co., Ltd. is really a manufacturer of fluorine organic chemicals, chiral intermediates and heterocyclic chemicals. Our sulfonyl chloride types include p-nitrobenzenesulfonyl chloride, 3-methylbenzenesulfonyl chloride, 2,4-dibromobenzenesulfonyl chloride, 2,3-dichlorobenzenesulfonyl chloride, 3-chlorobenzenesulfonyl chloride and 2-fluorobenzenesulfonyl chloride. Our heterocyclic types include 4-bromoindazole, 2,5-dibromopyrazine, 2-amino-5-bromopyrazine, 1,4-benzodioxane and 3-nitrodibenzofuran.
- KEVIN CRYSTAL CO.,LTD:
- Kevin Crystal,Website:http://www.pjkevincrystal.com, Ltd is an enterprise combining development , production and sale as a whole. At present, it mainly products are crystal wedding and home decorations, like wedding candelabra, crystal flower stand, crystal candle holder, crystal trophy awards,crystal cake stand and so on. Therefore, our innovation and technology qualify us as an excellent factory handling various kinds of crystal craft-works. We assure the completed kind’s dependable quality, excellent service, and reasonable price. We have won lots of customer’s trust. Many of our products have been exported to North America, Europe, Australia, and South Africa etc. Our company basic aim is try our best to create win-win situation with our business partner based on three important busin
- TIANJIN WINGO STAR TECH CO.,LTD.:
- Wingo?Star?electric?motor?Manufacturer?was?founded?in?1958.?Our?factory?covers?an?area?more?than?260,Website:http://www.wingostar-motor.com,000?square?meters,?to?be?the?biggest?in?north?China.?We?are?specializing?in?various?series?from?low?voltage (like three phase Y, Y2, YR, YE2, YE3, YVF, JR, YS, MS, YEJ, YCT and YZR series and single phase YL, YC, YY, ML, MC, MY and YB3 explosion proof motors)?to?high?voltage?(like Y, YR, JR, YKK, YRKK and YKS series)?electric?motors and explosion proof motors with?high?efficiency?and?energy?saving, economization on power and material consumption. Besides, we also do OEM?to meet their diversified and personalized needs. As a national key project, Wingo Star is committed to the quality of the products and service to satisfy the customers’ demands. We al
- XuCai Arts & Crafts of Dongguan Co., Ltd:
- XuCai Arts & Crafts of?Dongguan?Co., Ltd.,Website:http://www.colorful-glitter.com, established in 2008, is a Chinese professional glitter manufactory. We are integrated with the glitter R&D, production, sales and service. Located in Dongguan city, Guangdong province. We get a convenient access to transportation and logistics. Our factory occupies an area of 7200 square meters, with the help of 150 employees, our annual output reach 3800 tons. As a professional glitter supplier, we have excellent teams who focus on product development & provide you with the best products and service. We have built a modern quality management system which is in strict accordance with international SGS, MSDS, ISO9001, ISO14001. Accept the popularity among most domestic cities, our glitters are also exported t
- Jinan Youlyy Industrial Co., Ltd.:
- We are Chinese manufacturer and trader,Website:http://www.pharm-pack.com, We are honest, professional, responsible and efficient. Jinan Youlyy is one of sub-company of Youlyy Industrial Co., Ltd. Youlyy as the headquarter of our group, was established in 2001 at Jinan City, Shandong Province, China. We have six subsidiaries, one of them has been in the industry of pharmaceutical packing for over 23 years. We are specialized in researching, developing and producing of pharmaceutical packaging. For vials, vial seals, rubber stoppers, glass ampoules, glass test tubes, borosilicate glass tubes, IV bags, we are manufacturer. For blister packaging, prefilled syringes, moulded glass vials and machines we are trader. We have passed ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, ISO13485, SFDA, CE. We win the tr
- Qingdao Demai Fine chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Qingdao Demai Fine Chemical Co., Ltd is really a medium-sized chemical company, mainly produces Caustic Soda, Titanium Dioxide &zinc etc. and its factory is situated in Hebei Province. The entire factory area occupies 7000 square meters, including training courses, office structures, warehouses and auxiliary configurations. Once we possess the biggest chemical plant in Northern China, Since established in 2003, our production capacity develops over the years and the annual production convenience of caustic soda has arrived at 12, 000 tons.
- Wuhan BMC Laboratories Limited:
- BMC Laboratories Ltd. is really a global supplier of colour chemicals and Aroma Chemicals. Our production and research centrer relies in Wuhan, China although our sales offices are situated in the united states, South Usa, Europe and Landmass China. We produce a variety of fundamental liquid, anionic and cationic direct dyes,Aroma Chemicals. BMC works carefully with this clients to guarantee the product we deliver is customized for their precise technical and commercial needs. Today's facilities happen to be made to the greatest standards. the security and the security from the atmosphere are the main thing on the BMC philosophy. Our objectives will be to provide top quality materials, reliable tech support team and Competitive prices. By accomplishing this, thr