- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:83905-01-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Azithromycin ( CASNO:83905-01-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Iupac name:
- Azithromycin [USAN:BAN:INN]
1-Oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one,13-[(2,- 6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-R-Lribo- hexopyranosyl)oxy]-2-ethyl-3,4,10- trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-11- [[3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-a-D-xylohexopyranosyl] oxy]-,(2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,- 12S,13S,14R)-
Azithromycin (AIDS Initiative)
1-Oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one, 13-[(2,6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methylhexopyranosyl)oxy]-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-11-[[3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)hexopyranosyl]oxy]-, (2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,12S,13S,14R)-
Azithromycin? /Azithromycin Dihydrate
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white crystalline powder
- 1.18 g/cm3
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 822.1 °C at 760 mmHg
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 451 °C
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Storage temp:
- Store at -20°C
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:748.98448 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:7
Topological Polar Surface Area:180
Heavy Atom Count:52
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:18
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Xi: Irritant;
- Hazard Codes of Azithromycin (CAS NO.83905-01-5):?Xi
The Most common side effects are gastrointestinal; diarrhea , nausea , abdominal pain and vomiting.Serious allergic reactions, nervousness, dermatologic reactions, and fatalities have been reported? extremely rare.As with all antimicrobial agents, pseudomembranous colitis can occur during and up to several weeks after azithromycin therapy. Azithromycin may interfere with the effectiveness of birth control pills; other forms of contraception may be required during the treatment period.
- Oral: For suspension: 100 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin) per 5 mL, Zithromax (Pfizer); 200 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin) per 5 mL, Zithromax (Pfizer); 1 g (of anhydrous azithromycin) per packet, Zithromax Single Dose Packets (Pfizer); Tablets, film coated: 250 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), Zithromax (scored, (Pfizer), Zithromax Z-Pak (scored; available as a 5 day mnemonic pack of 6 tablets), (Pfizer); 500 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), Zithromax (scored), (Pfizer), Zithromax Tri-Paks, (scored; available as a 3 day mnemonic pack of 3 tablets), (Pfizer); 600 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), Zithromax, (scored), (Pfizer).
Parenteral: For injection, for IV infusion only: 500 mg (of anhydrous azithromycin), (Zithromax), (Pfizer).
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- The Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations List identifies currently marketed prescription drug products, incl azithromycin, approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by FDA under sections 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- ? Azithromycin ,?its cas register number is 83905-01-5. It also can be called?(2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,12S,13S,14R)-13-((2,6-Dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-alpha-L-ribo-hexopyranosyl)oxy)-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-11-((3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-beta-D-xylo-hexopyranosyl)oxy)-1-oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one ; 9-Deoxo-9a-aza-9a-methyl-9a-homoerythromycin A ; Aritromicina ; Azasite ; Azenil ; Azitrocin ; Azitromax ; Aztrin ;
?Hemomycin ; Misultina ; Mixoterin ; Setron ; Sumamed ; Tobil ; Tromix ; Trulimax ; Zithrax ; Zithromax .
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 4.02 [McFarland JW et al; J Med Chem 40: 1340-6 (1997)] PubMed Abstract
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic; related to Erythromycin A. Antibacterial
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biological Activity:
- Macrolide antibiotic. Inhibits 50S ribosomal subunit formation and elongation at transpeptidation step in gram-positive and gram-negative organisms. Orally active with improved pharmacokinetics over erythromycin in mouse models.
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that reduce the growth or reproduction of BACTERIA.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of cervicitis or urethritis due to Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhea. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of bacterial exacerbations of chronic bronchitis or acute otitis media due to Hemophilus influenza, Moraxella catarrhalis, or Streptococcus pneumonia. However, azithromycin is not recommended as the first line of therapy for otitis media. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of genital ulcer disease in men due to Hemophilus ducreyi. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the prevention of disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) disease in patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease due to Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma hominis, or Neisseria gonorrhea. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of pharyngitis or tonsillitis due to Streptococcus pyogenes. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia due to Chlamydia pneumonia, Hemophilus influenza, Legionella pneumophila, Moraxella catarrhalis, Mycoplasma pneumonia, Staphylococcus aureus, or Streptococcus pneumonia. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactia, or Streptococcus pyogenes. /Included in US product labeling/
Azithromycin is indicated in the treatment of trachoma due to Chlamydia trachomatis. /NOT included in US product labeling/
Acne vulgaris is a common skin disease seen primarily in adolescent and young adults. As the treatment involves long term therapy with antibiotics, an agent with a long half life can be very useful in increasing the compliance. To evaluate the role of a monthly dose of azithromycin and compare it with daily doxycycline, we conducted this randomized comparative study. Sixty patients with moderate to severe acne were randomly assigned to two treatment groups, A & B. Patients in group A received 100 mg doxycycline daily in addition to topical 0.05% tretinoin cream, whereas patients in group B were given 500 mg azithromycin once a day for four days per month along with 0.05% topical tretinoin for a total of 12 weeks. Of the 60 patients, 22 in group A and 28 in group B were evaluated. The monthly dose of azithromycin was found to be as effective as daily doxycycline on a pure protocol basis and statistically significantly better than doxycycline by intention to treat analysis. [Parsad D et al; J Dermatol 28 (1): 1-4 (2001)]
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Biliary excretion of azithromycin, predominantly as unchanged drug is a major route of elimination following oral administration.
Azithromycin is rapidly absorbed from the GI tract after oral administration; absorption of the drug is incomplete but exceeds that of erythromycin. The absolute oral bioavailability of azithromycin is reported to be approximately 34-52% with single doses of 500 mg to 1.2 g administered as various oral dosage forms. Limited evidence indicates that the low bioavailability of zithromycin results from incomplete GI absorption rather acid degradation of the drug or extensive first-pss metabolism.
Azithromycin appears to be distributed into most body tissues and fluids after oral or IV administration. The extensive tissue uptake of azithromycin has been attributed to cellular uptake of this basic antibiotic into relatively acidic lysosomes as a result of iron trapping and to an energy-dependent pathway associated with the nucleoside transport system.
Because of rapid distribution into tissues and high intracellular concentrations of azithromycin, tissue concentrations of the drug generally exceed plasma concentrations by 10- to 100-fold following single dose administration; with multiple dosing, the tissue-to-plasma ratio increases.
Administration of a single 500 mg oral dose of azithromycin generally produces drug concentrations of 1-9 ug/g in various tissues, including lung, gastric, prostatic, and gynecologic tissue.
Azithromycin has been detected in human milk.
In an open-label study, the concentrations of azithromycin in middle ear effusions and plasma were determined in 29 children between 1 and 8 years of age with a diagnosis of either secretory otitis media of at least 1 month's duration or acute otitis media. Azithromycin (10 mg/kg) was administered as a single dose 12, 24 or 48 hr before the insertion of tympanostomy tubes to 17 children with secretory otitis media and once daily for 5 days (10 mg/kg on day 1, 5 mg/kg on days 2-5) to 12 children with acute otitis media. In the 16 evaluable patients with secretory otitis media, azithromycin penetrated middle ear effusions, with group mean concentrations approximately two orders of magnitude greater than the concurrent plasma concentrations 12, 24 and 48 hr after administration. Similar plasma:effusion ratios were found 24 and 48 hr after starting once-daily therapy in 10 evaluable patients with acute otitis media.
- Lanavy Biochemicals Limited Company:
- We invest in supply good items and excellent service! We're an organization company which produce and sell many different types of chemicals in China. We are nearby Bohai Gulf, where has wealthy petrolic and mineral recycleables. Even the transport is extremely convenient. We fall within this business for more than 10 years. And our cutomers are around the globe, such Asia, america, Africa, Europe, Russia, ETC. Our advantage: 1. Factory price 2. Good Quality 3. ISO Cerficate 4. Free sample 5. A long stable supplier 6. Good support
- Chiyang biological technology co., LTD:
- Chiyang Biological Technology Co., Limited Is a company mainly engaged in high quality pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, pharmaceutical intermediates and other related products research and development and sales for the integration of high-tech enterprises. Analysis of testing equipment, our company has advanced and complete supporting system, formed the advanced chemical synthesis can quickly meet the applicable test to the industrialized production of personalized requirements and seriation. Our team by senior industry background and rich market experience of doctor, master and other professionals, committed to the relevant enterprises and institutions and research institutions at home and abroad to provide high-quality chemical products, can not only meet such customers special
- Anji Kaifeng Arts & Crafts Co.,Ltd:
- Anji Kaifeng Crafts Co.,Ltd is specialized in manufacturing products for pets such as cat climbing tree,Website:http://www.cattreefactorys.net, dog carriers, pet bed and pet bowl etc.. With its own effort and continuous development, and the support from customers, design team, management group, Kaifeng has won sufficient trust from customers at home and abroad. Kaifeng believes that a company’s survival depends on its high quality of products, excellence in service, and continuous development, honest business operation and also proficient management. We are always making persistent efforts for innovation development to create value for our customers and friends at home and abroad.
- Shandong Northern Europe Chemical Co., Ltd:
- Shandong Northern Europe Chemical Co.,Ltd. is really a large private chemical enterprise in Jinan combines science, industry and trade. The sales headquarter is situated in Jinan, the main city of Shandong Province, where likes superior geographic location, convenient Transportation and logistics and can offer a number of top quality chemical items with reasonable cost at maximum speed.Ⅰ Ⅰ The organization is focused on the R & D, production and marketing of proper chemical items and has collected numerous competitive chemicals by self-built production base, equity participation and holding and many forms. The items related all sorts of chemical recycleables, pharmaceutical intermediates, pigment and dye intermediates, chemical reagents, Food chemicals, ETC. our items, trichlorethylen
- Yongchang chemical co ltd:
- Yongchang Chemical Co., Ltd. (YCC) began in 1999. Over ten years of development, it's gained a good status in South China. As part of CCPIT and CCCMC, the sales network of YCCcovers most major nations and areas around the globe. It cooperates with 1000's of companies. YCC is among the 100 Best-carrying out Import &lifier Export Businesses in China, and continues to be granted "Guangzhou Advanced Export Enterprise", "Customs Credible Enterprise" and "Contract-abiding and Reliable Enterprise" status for several years. Like a valued client of countless banks, it advantages of their ongoing credit support. YCC's business activities include worldwide procurement and sales, domestic sales, Warehousing, logistics in addition to suppl
- Qingdao Kangbo LvYuan Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Copper:99, 9% carbon:.03% Coblet:<0, 001 Iron:, 005% Phosphorus:<0, 01% Sulphur:<0, 01% zinc:, 003% Commodity: Copper Wire Scrap Specs:Copper Wire Scrap,(millberry)99.95%
- Xi’an Dechuang Electrical Technology Co., Ltd. QC:
- Established in 1979,Website:http://www.tenglongseals.com, TENGLONG is a professional manufacturer and exporter of many styles of high-grade and top quality gland packing, ceramic fiber products, fiber glass products, asbestos products, shipping container parts and accessories, PTFE products, and sealing gasket and sheet. SUNPASS, as a part of TENGLONG, established in 2001, takes charge of export business for TENGLONG, which also has subsidiaries in H.K.- ECHO INDUSTRY LIMITED. Meanwhile, SUNPASS is a leading manufactory, developer, and supplier of quality ISO tank container spare parts for tank container operators, service, agents, and trading companies SINCE 2001. Our products have won the leading position in domestic market. And our products have also been exporting to Europe, South
- HK TY-Tech Group Limited:
- profile: HK TY-Tech Group Limited is involved with marketing new chemicals and biochemical materials. We focus on ramipril, 2-hydroxyethyl-5-ethylpyridine, 2-methyl-5-ethylpyridine in addition to cis2, 6-dimethylpiperazine.
- Guangzhou huajin performance equipment Co.,Ltd:
- HJ TRUSS is a manufacturer of Truss,Website:http://www.hjtruss-stage.com,Stage and Accessories. We are focus on producing spigot truss and stages according to European quality standard.HJ TRUSS will satisfy your demand in Trade show booth, Roof System, special construction Etc. To assure the good quality that all our staff as well welders are professional and well trained,we care not only quality but also after-sale service,make clients feels comfortable in buying and using our products.Thanks for all interest and support from customers and friends
- Changle Tongsheng Building Materials Co:
- Changle Tongsheng Building Materials Co., Ltd. is located in the town of Changle County,Website:http://www.tongshengrockwool.com, Changle County, which is the home of Chinese musical instruments. It is 30km away from Weifang and enjoys convenient traffic and location. Specializing in the production and operation of new insulation materials. Main production wall insulation materials, rock wool insulation materials, pipe insulation materials, the main products include Caigang sandwich Yanmian board, external walls Yanmian board, external wall insulation board, by Yanmian board, rock wool, fire isolation With series of insulation materials, high-quality, the full range. ????Rockwool is a natural environment-friendly fire, insulation-type insulation material. It uses natural rock, blast furna