Grape Seed Oil
Name:Grape Seed Oil
- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:8024-22-4
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Grape Seed Oil ( CASNO:8024-22-4 )
Identification and Related Records
- Grape Seed Oil
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Melting Point:
- -8.5 deg C
- Boiling Point:
- 230 deg C at 16 mm Hg; 202 deg C at 1.4 mm Hg
- Freely sol in ether; sol in absolute alcohol; 1 ml dissolves in 10 ml petroleum ether; miscible with dimethylformamide, fat solvents, oils
Very soluble in acetone, benzene, ethyl ether, and ethanol.
In acetone: 4.10 g/100 g acetone at -50 deg C, 1.20 g/100 g acetone at -60 deg C, 0.35 g/100 g acetone at -70 deg C; in n-heptane: 0.98 g/100 g n-heptane at -50 deg C, 0.20 g/100 g n-heptane at -60 deg C, 0.042 g/100 g n-heptane at -70 deg C.
In water, 0.139 mg/L at 25 deg C (est)
- Colorless oil
Colorless to straw-colored liquid
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.4715 at 11.5 deg C/D, 1.4699 at 20 deg C/D, 1.4683 at 21.5 deg C/D, 1.4588 at 50 deg C/D
Index of refraction: 1.4710 at 15 deg C
MAX ABSORPTION (ALCOHOL): 232 NM (LOG E= 3.8), 275 NM (LOG E= 2.9); SADTLER REF NUMBER: 914 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 15092 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
1H NMR: 8215 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 107179 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral database, 1990 verson); 2211 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:280.44548 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:14
Topological Polar Surface Area:37.3
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:2
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Anion Count:1
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:14
Conformer Sampling RMSD:1.4
CID Conformer Count:93
Safety and Handling
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- Mild local irritant. Ingestion can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Fire Potential:
SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION OF RAGS SOAKED WITH LINSEED OIL & LINOLEIC ACID SALTS PRESENTS FIRE HAZARD.
- Grade: Technical, purified (99+%), edible.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Linoleic acid used as a nutrient and/or dietary supplement in animal drugs, feeds, and related products is generally recognized as safe when used in accordance with good manufacturing or feeding practice.
Substance added directly to human food affirmed as generally recognized as safe (GRAS).
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Mild local irritant. Ingestion can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 7.05
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
1. Liquid acid may be injected at base of incinerator or after mixing with a flammable solvent. Afterburner is suggested for complete combustion.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- U.S. Production
Production volumes for non-confidential chemicals reported under the Inventory Update Rule. Year Production Range (pounds) 1986 10 thousand - 500 thousand 1990 >1 million - 10 million 1994 >1 million - 10 million 1998 >1 million - 10 million 2002 >10 million - 50 million
9,12-Octadecadienoic acid (9Z,12Z)- is listed as a High Production Volume (HPV) chemical (65FR81686). Chemicals listed as HPV were produced in or imported into the U.S. in >1 million pounds in 1990 and/or 1994. The HPV list is based on the 1990 Inventory Update Rule. (IUR) (40 CFR part 710 subpart B; 51FR21438).
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Therapeutic Uses:
- /Exptl Ther/ To determine the effect of low doses of linoleic acid and calcium on prostaglandin (PG) levels and the efficacy of this treatment in the prevention of preeclampsia. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study we treated 86 primigravidas with risk factors for preeclampsia (high biopsychosocial risk [above 3 points], positive roll-over test, and high mean blood pressure [above 85 mmHg)] with daily doses of either 450 mg linoleic acid and 600 mg calcium (n=43) or 450 mg starch and 600 mg lactose placebo (n=43) during the third trimester of pregnancy. Four women in the experimental group (9.3%) developed preeclampsia compared with 16 (37.2%) controls (relative risk 0.25, 95% confidence interval 0.09, 0.69, P < .001). The median serum levels of PGE2 after 4 weeks of treatment increased by 106% in the experimental group (P=.03) and decreased by 33% in the control group (P=.02). The median ratio between thromboxane B2 and PGE2 decreased by 40% in the experimental group (P=.02) and increased by 18% in the control group (P=.14). No significant differences were observed in the median ratio between thromboxane B2 and 6-keto PGF1alpha in either group. No serious maternal or neonatal side effects of treatment occurred in either group. The administration of low daily doses of linoleic acid and calcium during the third trimester of pregnancy reduced the incidence of preeclampsia significantly in women at high risk, possibly by correcting the PGE2 levels. [Herrera JA et al; Obstet Gynecol 91 (4): 585-90 (1998)]
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 163,000 for the free acid(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 7.05(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that undissociated linoleic acid is expected to be immobile in soil(SRC). The pKa of linoleic acid is 4.77(4), indicating that this compound will exist almost entirely in anion form in the environment and anions generally do not adsorb more strongly to soils containing organic carbon and clay than their neutral counterparts(5). Volatilization of linoleic acid from moist soil surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process given its ionic state(SRC). Linoleic acid is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon a vapor pressure of 8.68X10-7 mm Hg(6). Linoleic acid reached 9.3% of its theoretical BOD after 6 hours(7), suggesting biodegradation is an important fate process in soil(SRC).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 163,000 for the free acid(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 7.05(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that undissociated linoleic acid is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). A pKa of 4.77(4) indicates linoleic acid will exist almost entirely in the anion form at pH values of 5 to 9 and therefore volatilization from water surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process(5). According to a classification scheme(6), an estimated BCF of 10(SRC), from its log Kow(2) and a regression-derived equation(7), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Linoleic acid reached 9.3% of its theoretical BOD after 6 hours(8), suggesting biodegradation is an important fate process in water(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), linoleic acid, which has a vapor pressure of 8.68X10-7 mm Hg at 25 deg C(2), will exist in both the vapor and particulate phases in the ambient atmosphere. Vapor-phase cis- and trans-linoleic acid are degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals(SRC); the half-lives for these reactions in air are estimated to be 3.0 and 2.7 hours(SRC), respectively, calculated from rate constants of 1.3X10-10 and 1.4X10-10 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) that were derived using a structure estimation method(3). Vapor-phase linoleic acid is also degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with ozone(SRC); the half-lives for cis-linoleic acid and trans-linoleic acid reactions in air are estimated to be 1.1 and 0.7 hours(SRC), respectively, calculated from rate constants of 2.6X10-16 and 4.0X10-16 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) that were derived using a structure estimation method(3). Particulate-phase linoleic acid may be removed from the air by wet or dry deposition(SRC).
- Qingdao Xinquan Plastic Machinery Co., Ltd:
- Qingdao Xinquan Plastic Machinery Co., Ltd (world wide web.QDXINQUAN.com) is a Professional Plastic Machinery company in China .The main plastic extrusion machine :PE pipe production lines,PVC pipe production lines ,PP-R pipe production lines, PP plate extrusion lines PE plate production lines,PVC plate extrusion lines, PP sheet extrusion lines PE sheet extusion lines,PVC sheet extrusion lines , PE profile production equipment,PVC sheet production equipment,and other sorts of plastic product production lines., for example PVC/HDPE/PP corrugated pipe extrusion line, PVC/HDPE solid wall pipe extrusion line, pipe production lines,sheet production lines,profile production lines ,Plastic extruder,PET STRIP PRODUCTION LINE,PVC profiles production line,PVC panel production line,pp hollow sheet p
- Shijiazhuang Sdyano Fine Chemical Co., Ltd:
- Shijiazhuang Sdyano Fine Chemical Co., Ltd. is really a company focusing in pharmaceutical intermediates, liquid very intermediates, PDLC LCD, OLED LCD, for example fine chemicals R &lifier D, production and sales of integrated chemical enterprise modernization. We have three subsidiaries: R &lifier D center, production base and sales. The development quantity can be achieved from the amount of grams towards the ton-class, concerning 1000's of types. Sdyano Fine Chemical has its own two production businesses, including Chinese industrial fluorination Garden base and liquid very industrial base. The merchandise runs through three steps from small test, to pilot plant test to large-scale production. These products are mainly applied to liquid very material filed and pharmaceutical m
- Changland Technology Co LTD:
- Changland Technology Co.,Ltd is situated in China. Boasting top-notch specialists, advanced tools and leading technologies, We're mainly involved in the study, Manufacture and trade of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (apis), pharmaceutical intermediates, natural supplements raw material and the like,which rich in performance, happen to be well accepted among clients home and abroad.We will be ready to provide you with quality services. So we sincerely welcome the visit and business cooperation of buddies from around the globe!
- UNITED INSULATION LIMITED:
- Established in 2005,Website:http://www.unitedglasswool.com, United Insulation Limited is a manufacturer of insulation materials and construction systems. Nowadays with the idea of environmental protection, United Insulation Limited achieved to become a comprehensive enterprise in conjunction with domestic famous manufactures to develop devices renovate technology and promote market. The brand influence has made United Insulation unique in China heating insulation field. United Insulation? product has covered most of the oversea market with the outstanding products considerate service and the fast logistic system. We have lots of business partners throughout the world, North America, Central and South America, Oceania, East Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, No
- Lianyungang Mupro Fi Plant:
- Lianyungang Mupro Fi Plant is situated in seashore city,Lianyungang China, has got an active diligent teem who has been striving in Foods and Ingredients fields for several years.We create a wides selection of Fi items,specially in phosphate,Sorbates and Citrates etc.So we are among the biggest producers and exporters of Phosphate(DPK,MKP,TKP，SAPP,STPP),Potassium Sorbate and Potassium Citrate in China. We have set up business relations with more than 40 countries and areas in the planet,and also have won a great status for the sincere cooperation spirit. We find winwin solution with this clients.We act to fulf
- Jiaxinkang pharmaceutical& technology Co., LTD:
- Zhuhai Jiaxinkang Pharmaceutical & technology Co.,Ltd., is really a leading Chinese chemical supplier special in Steroid hormone, local anaesthetics,Plant Extract, Antineoplastic Crude Drug and other pharmaceutical and Intermediates. Turn to its sophisticated technology, the organization combines R&D, creating, operating and marketing into a natural whole. We invest large fund and brains into R&D, developing new items and pioneering new technics, to satisfy the need for the marketplace. All of the items from your vegetation is the fruit of out R&D department, reaching the advanced standard of domestic market, a few of which achieve the worldwide standard.
- Charm Printing (HK) Co.,Ltd CO:
- Established in 1996 in Shenzhen China,Website:http://www.charmgiftbox.com, Charm Printing (HK) Co.,Ltd. is a professional manufacturer for printing and packaging. It takes no more than one hour from our factory to Hong Kong by train, or metro. We specialize in providing printing services for books, magazines, catalogs and brochures, packaging boxes, color boxes, gift boxes, paper bags, paper shopping bags, recycled paper hangers, spiral notebooks, school exercise books, memo pads, musical cards, birthday greeting cards, holiday greeting cards, colored paper cards, paper header cards, calendars, stickers, labels, gift tags, paper tags, and other paper product series. We have always valued the importance of customer service, product quality and the state of the art technology. These c
- Shanghai Hipoly Bio-tech Co.,ltd:
- Shanghai Hipoly Bio-tech CO.,Ltd is focused on researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing multi-purpose antimicrobialpolymer PHMG (Polyhexamethy leneguanidine Hydrochloride) series. HIPOLY has accomplished inventive patents for PHMG, annual production capacity reaches 1500M.T. HIPOLY can offer customers qualified PHMG but also many forms of PHMG for selection, For example resin, Powder, Tablet. HIPOLY continues to be licensed ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System. As a leading company HIPOLY drafts several disinfectant standards (PHMG parts) and works as director of SDA (Shanghai Disinfection Association) that is only disinfecting association in China.
- Nanyang Weiter Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- Nanyang Weiter Chemical Co., Ltd. handles research and Manufacture Of CHEMICALS. We're ISO 9001:2000 licensed. We provide 4-fluorobenzaldehyde, 2-fluorobenzaldehyde, 3-fluorobenzaldehyde, 4-fluorobenzoic acidity and ethyl idobutyl acetate. Our4-fluorobenzaldehyde is really a without color transparent liquid having a boiling reason for 179-181°C. Our 4-fluorobenzoic acidity is really a white-colored powder having a melting reason for 182-184°C.
- SoPo Optical communication co,ltd:
- SOPO Optical Communication Co., Ltd. founded in 2009,Website:http://www.sopofiber.com, as one the largest manufacturer and supplier of passive fiber optic components and equipment. With rich experiences in designing and manufacturing fiber optic passive components and equipment, with high quality control system, al Communication Co.,Ltd is one of the best China sfp module manufacturers and suppliers. Welcome to wholesale sfp module, plc splitter, media converter, cwdm transceivers from us
- YANTAI YIJI TRADE CO.,LTD:
- In 2000 ??Yantai Yiji Food Co.,Ltd is established as a Sino-Japanese Joint Venture,Website:http://www.yijiorganic.com, specializing in agricultural products for Japanese market. In 2003 ??Yantai Yiji Trade Co.,Ltd is established. In 2007 ??We started the processing and export of the dried goji berries. Our main market is North Europe, West Europe an North America. In 2009 ??We began to export organic goji berries according to the request of pesticide residue by EU and USA. In 2014? ?We have our own gojiberry plantation. We are one of the goiji berry export companies which export the earliest to EU and North America. We are qualified and specialized deep processing company of dried goji
- Shanghai Easier Industrial Development Co., Ltd.:
- Shanghai Simpler Industrial Development Co., Ltd. the items we stock: Like a youthful and dynamic company, our passionate employees lead towards the beauty, diet and health industries for human, offering top quality chemicals and services to clients home and abroad. The primary items are broadly utilized as cosmetic component, food &lifier beverage additive, Product and pharmaceutical auxiliary. The help we offer: Aside from the role of manufacturer and Supplier, we functions because the sourcing agent for clients, enable them to find satisfied items at reasonable cost. With wealthy experience with items, Export, logistics and ETC., Shanghai Simpler is constantly on the increase global clients of industrial facilities, marketers and
- PTKSAI Electronic Technology Co., Ltd:
- TKSAI Electronic Technology Co., Ltd is focused on producing industrial display series, advertising machines and touch monitor items, the primary types are: 15 inches POS multifunction, TFT-LCD displayer of 10 inch, 12.1, -15.1", 17 "inches correspondingly, and USB series displayer and series items of 9 needle two-frequency industrial monitor, Camera, Andriod multifunction, touch displayer, Digital Photo Frame, catering multifunction, OPEN FRAME, advertising machine, ETC.//http://world wide web.ksaiandroidpos.com
- Shandong Changyu New Metallizing Materials CO.,LTD:
- Shandong Changyu New Metallizing Materials CO.,LTD is really a manufacturer with 77employees,it had been established this year,situated in Industrial Park,Dongping County,Taian,Shandong,China.The workhshops occupy a place of 7500 square meters,and also the annual production output was 10000tons of metallized aluminium film in this past year! We mainly produce VMPET,VMCPP and VMBOPP films for composite flexible packaging .After a period of accumulation, "CHANGYU" has generated an array of overseas network doing import &lifier export business. Using the top quality items and sincere service, we are always feeling better to satisfy the need for clients. After battling for several years, we have were built with a rapid development. Since Changyu&rsquos developm
- ShenYang JiangChen Trade Co., Ltd.:
- SHENYANG JIANGCHEN TRADE CO.,Ltd.is really a professional chemical raw material manufacturer.We are among the standard businesses that was situated in beautiful SHENYANG City.It is among the biggest chemical factory bases within the northeast of China and covers over 30,000 square meters outfitted using more than 100 Junior/Senior engineers,200 employees and probably the most advanced creating and testing tools.Our primary items are utilized in plastic,pigment,detergent market and the like.Book our website or call us directly to obtain the items detail information.At the moment,we've established a reliable business relation using the Nigeria, Southeast Asia ,Middle East and other 30 nations.We,SHENYANG JIANGCHEN TRADE CO.,Ltd.,are content for everyone you.Our company's tenet is Qualit