Grape Seed Oil
Name:Grape Seed Oil
- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:8024-22-4
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Grape Seed Oil ( CASNO:8024-22-4 )
Identification and Related Records
- Grape Seed Oil
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Melting Point:
- -8.5 deg C
- Boiling Point:
- 230 deg C at 16 mm Hg; 202 deg C at 1.4 mm Hg
- Freely sol in ether; sol in absolute alcohol; 1 ml dissolves in 10 ml petroleum ether; miscible with dimethylformamide, fat solvents, oils
Very soluble in acetone, benzene, ethyl ether, and ethanol.
In acetone: 4.10 g/100 g acetone at -50 deg C, 1.20 g/100 g acetone at -60 deg C, 0.35 g/100 g acetone at -70 deg C; in n-heptane: 0.98 g/100 g n-heptane at -50 deg C, 0.20 g/100 g n-heptane at -60 deg C, 0.042 g/100 g n-heptane at -70 deg C.
In water, 0.139 mg/L at 25 deg C (est)
- Colorless oil
Colorless to straw-colored liquid
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.4715 at 11.5 deg C/D, 1.4699 at 20 deg C/D, 1.4683 at 21.5 deg C/D, 1.4588 at 50 deg C/D
Index of refraction: 1.4710 at 15 deg C
MAX ABSORPTION (ALCOHOL): 232 NM (LOG E= 3.8), 275 NM (LOG E= 2.9); SADTLER REF NUMBER: 914 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 15092 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
1H NMR: 8215 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 107179 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral database, 1990 verson); 2211 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:280.44548 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:14
Topological Polar Surface Area:37.3
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:2
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Anion Count:1
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:14
Conformer Sampling RMSD:1.4
CID Conformer Count:93
Safety and Handling
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- Mild local irritant. Ingestion can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Fire Potential:
SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION OF RAGS SOAKED WITH LINSEED OIL & LINOLEIC ACID SALTS PRESENTS FIRE HAZARD.
- Grade: Technical, purified (99+%), edible.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Linoleic acid used as a nutrient and/or dietary supplement in animal drugs, feeds, and related products is generally recognized as safe when used in accordance with good manufacturing or feeding practice.
Substance added directly to human food affirmed as generally recognized as safe (GRAS).
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Mild local irritant. Ingestion can cause nausea and vomiting.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 7.05
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
1. Liquid acid may be injected at base of incinerator or after mixing with a flammable solvent. Afterburner is suggested for complete combustion.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- U.S. Production
Production volumes for non-confidential chemicals reported under the Inventory Update Rule. Year Production Range (pounds) 1986 10 thousand - 500 thousand 1990 >1 million - 10 million 1994 >1 million - 10 million 1998 >1 million - 10 million 2002 >10 million - 50 million
9,12-Octadecadienoic acid (9Z,12Z)- is listed as a High Production Volume (HPV) chemical (65FR81686). Chemicals listed as HPV were produced in or imported into the U.S. in >1 million pounds in 1990 and/or 1994. The HPV list is based on the 1990 Inventory Update Rule. (IUR) (40 CFR part 710 subpart B; 51FR21438).
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Therapeutic Uses:
- /Exptl Ther/ To determine the effect of low doses of linoleic acid and calcium on prostaglandin (PG) levels and the efficacy of this treatment in the prevention of preeclampsia. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study we treated 86 primigravidas with risk factors for preeclampsia (high biopsychosocial risk [above 3 points], positive roll-over test, and high mean blood pressure [above 85 mmHg)] with daily doses of either 450 mg linoleic acid and 600 mg calcium (n=43) or 450 mg starch and 600 mg lactose placebo (n=43) during the third trimester of pregnancy. Four women in the experimental group (9.3%) developed preeclampsia compared with 16 (37.2%) controls (relative risk 0.25, 95% confidence interval 0.09, 0.69, P < .001). The median serum levels of PGE2 after 4 weeks of treatment increased by 106% in the experimental group (P=.03) and decreased by 33% in the control group (P=.02). The median ratio between thromboxane B2 and PGE2 decreased by 40% in the experimental group (P=.02) and increased by 18% in the control group (P=.14). No significant differences were observed in the median ratio between thromboxane B2 and 6-keto PGF1alpha in either group. No serious maternal or neonatal side effects of treatment occurred in either group. The administration of low daily doses of linoleic acid and calcium during the third trimester of pregnancy reduced the incidence of preeclampsia significantly in women at high risk, possibly by correcting the PGE2 levels. [Herrera JA et al; Obstet Gynecol 91 (4): 585-90 (1998)]
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 163,000 for the free acid(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 7.05(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that undissociated linoleic acid is expected to be immobile in soil(SRC). The pKa of linoleic acid is 4.77(4), indicating that this compound will exist almost entirely in anion form in the environment and anions generally do not adsorb more strongly to soils containing organic carbon and clay than their neutral counterparts(5). Volatilization of linoleic acid from moist soil surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process given its ionic state(SRC). Linoleic acid is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon a vapor pressure of 8.68X10-7 mm Hg(6). Linoleic acid reached 9.3% of its theoretical BOD after 6 hours(7), suggesting biodegradation is an important fate process in soil(SRC).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 163,000 for the free acid(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 7.05(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that undissociated linoleic acid is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). A pKa of 4.77(4) indicates linoleic acid will exist almost entirely in the anion form at pH values of 5 to 9 and therefore volatilization from water surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process(5). According to a classification scheme(6), an estimated BCF of 10(SRC), from its log Kow(2) and a regression-derived equation(7), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Linoleic acid reached 9.3% of its theoretical BOD after 6 hours(8), suggesting biodegradation is an important fate process in water(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), linoleic acid, which has a vapor pressure of 8.68X10-7 mm Hg at 25 deg C(2), will exist in both the vapor and particulate phases in the ambient atmosphere. Vapor-phase cis- and trans-linoleic acid are degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals(SRC); the half-lives for these reactions in air are estimated to be 3.0 and 2.7 hours(SRC), respectively, calculated from rate constants of 1.3X10-10 and 1.4X10-10 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) that were derived using a structure estimation method(3). Vapor-phase linoleic acid is also degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with ozone(SRC); the half-lives for cis-linoleic acid and trans-linoleic acid reactions in air are estimated to be 1.1 and 0.7 hours(SRC), respectively, calculated from rate constants of 2.6X10-16 and 4.0X10-16 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) that were derived using a structure estimation method(3). Particulate-phase linoleic acid may be removed from the air by wet or dry deposition(SRC).
- Hebei Meida Chemicals Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Hebei meida Chemicals Co., Ltd. is an expert within the way to obtain inorganic/organic chemicals, pigments and dyestuffs. We're an ISO 9001:2000 Licensed COMPANY. Our items include formic acidity, Oxalic Acidity, Linear Alkylbenzene Sulfonic Acidity,Acetic acidity glacial, Stearic Acidity, Caustic soda, carbon black, chrome oxide eco-friendly, lithopone, Anatase Titanium Dioxide,Zinc, Rutile Titanium Dioxide, aluminum sulfate, sodium hexametaphosphate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate(stpp), and Pentaerythritol.
- GUANGDONG FAST ELEVATOR CO.,LTD ON:
- Guangdong Fast Elevator Co.,LTD IS LOCATED IN THE FOOT OF Luofu Mountain which has beautiful scenery in Huizhou city,Website:http://www.fastdt.de,Guangdong province,As ajoint venture enterprise,our company focused on designing,manufactureing,sailing and installing of elevator and escalator for many years,The company is apart from Guangzhou 89 kilometers and about one hour driving from Shenzhen,covers an area of 120000 square meters,including the first-stage project of 30000 square meters and the second-stage project of 60000 square meters.Besides,a testing tower high 108 meters is prepared to be built.Our company has got class A certification which is the highest certification in China both in manufacture and installation and the production capacity in one year can be reached more than 10
- Tianjin Zhongxing Fine Chemical Products Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Tianjin Zhongxing Fine Chemical Items Co., Ltd. handles chemical intermediates. We provide 2-aminobenzotrifluoride, 2-amino-5-nitrobenzotrifluoride, 2-bromo-5-nitrobenzotrifluoride, 2-chloro-6-fluorobenzaldehyde, 2-bromobenzotrifluoride, 4-nitro-3-trifluoromethyl aniline, 5-amino-2-bromobenzotrifluoride, 4-amino-3-nitrobenzotrifluoride, 4-bromobenzotrifluoride, 4-trifluoromethylphenol, 1-bromo-4'(trifluoromethoxy)benzene, 4-chloro-2-fluorotoluene, 4-aminobenzotrifluoride, 4'(trifluoromethoxy)chlorobenzene, 5-chloro-2-nitroaniline, N-hydroxy-5-norbornene-2,3-dicarboximide, 6-chloro-1-hydroxibenzotriazol and benzotriazol-1-yloxytris(dimethylamino)-phosphonium hexafluorophosphate.
- Ningbo Surely Metal Technology Co., Ltd.:
- 1.Surely factory is located in Yuyao city,Website:http://www.chinacastingtech.com, Zhejiang, China. Have passed the I S O 9 0 0 1: 2 0 0 8 ,TS16949 certificate. 2.We specialized in Aluminum Die Casting and its post processing service such as C N C machining, lathe machining and surface finishing over 18 years, have sufficient experience and built up our own R&D team. 3.Our products are widely used as main body or accessory in different fields, such as automobiles &Motorcycles parts, valve accessories, lighting industry, telecommunication components, furniture components, home appliance and A-allay and Zinc Alloy castings parts, Over 80% of the output is exported directly or indirectly. 4.To ensure quality we establish a QC team over 20 members, covering the whole stages of production runni
- Shijiazhuang Wanliang Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Dear Mister,Glad to listen to that you are available on the market for chemical products. This really is Jill from Shijiazhuang Wanliang Chemicals Co., Ltd. in China. Hope to find away out to cooperate along with you. Wish our items is going to be useful for the business We're searching toward your reply. All the best Jill Sales Director Name: Shijiazhuang Wanliang Chemicals Co., Ltd. Tel: 0311-67906458 Fax: 0311-67906458
- FOND EVER CO.,LIMITED:
- Fond Ever Co.,limited,a producer of antineoplastic drugs and Steroid the body's hormones.Now it's consumed to possess types of professional chemists rich in-tech equipments,advanced technology,and we're keeping close cooperations with Zhejiang College,Zhejiang College of Technology,Zhejiang Chemical Industry Research Institute. Our product quality is excellent,that is acquired positive feedback and praise from our customers
- Health club Biotechnology Co., Ltd.:
- Health club Biotechnology Co., Ltd.... was founded in 2014, a branch of "Cuspromo" Group. Which is located in RM 603. 6/F HANG PONT COMM BLDG 31 TONKIN ST CHEUNG SHA WAN KLN HONG KONG. based in chemical industry. Complete e-commerce networks make guarantee for timely service to the world customers. The company has independent import and export rights, products exported to foreign markets with high quality and good service, established good business relationship with other countries in Europe, America, Asia, etc. All the staffs will make unremitting efforts to strive for outstanding quality, make excellent brand and service the market by first-class products. QQ:1839638791 Email:email@example.com Skype:healthgym66 Wechat:healthgym66 Website: http://www.steroidsgym.com
- Hebei E-ming chemical Co.,Ltd.:
- Hebei E-ming chemical Co.,Ltd. began in 2007, like a trade company that specifically controlling several types of chemical items. Business range is including importation, exportation, domestic trade and procession trade. Primary exportation items are including barium salts, strontium salts, phosphate acidity salts, High wholesomeness alumina, high wholesomeness fluoride, luminescent powder (including tri-band phosphor, Red-colored Powder, Blue Powder and Eco-friendly Powder), wollastonite, 4A zeolite and silane agent(Silane-69). Simultaneously, we're also posting petrochemicals specifically for BRANCHED ALKYLBENZENE. and cooperate with domestic factory to process the product, developing a normal production chain. We sell our luminescent items to a lot of famous
- Manchester Organics:
- profile: Manchester Organics is an expert in laboratory scale multi-step synthesis of a multitude of organic compounds. Our product catalog includes r/(+)-3-butyn-2-ol, r/(Ⅰ)-3-fluoropyrrolidine hydrochloride, R-glycerol, Acetonide, R-Phenylglycinol (R-2-amino-2-phenylEthanol), stearyl amine, 1,6-heptadien-4-Ol, 1Ⅰ(1'-BOC-azetidin-3'-Yl)pyrrolidine, 1Ⅰ(2-furyl)-1-ethanamine, 1Ⅰ(2-chlorophenyl)Ethanol and 1Ⅰ(2-Aminophenyl)Pyrrole.
- NINGBO DCC CHEMICALS CO., LTD UE:
- Yiwu jiyang shoes co,Website:http://www.jiyangshoes-french.com,ltd, which is the China’s largest casual shoes production supplier.Our factory located in Wenzhou,we specialized in the men casual shoe, our main market: Eur, Japan, South America, we have our own brand,also do oem projects with annual production capacity of millions pairs. We already passed Bsci, Walmart.
- Cangzhou Sinhoo Pipeline Manufacturer Co., Ltd:
- Cangzhou Sinhoo Pipeline Manufacture Co.,Ltd was founded based on Mengcun Canghai Pipe-fittings Factory,Website:http://www.sinhoofittings.com, which was established in 1990. We are Located in The Capital of Pipe Fitting?-Mengcun Hui Autonomous County,?Cangzhou City, Hebei province, China. ??? Our company specializing in the production?steel flange, blind flange, elbow, tee,?cross,?reducer, saddle, pipe cap?and other series of pipeline components?of high, low pressure. We are?one of?the earliest domestic?manufacturers?of production of flange, pipe fittings and other series of pipeline components, with chemical analysis, metallographic examination, physical testing, nondestructive testing and other advanced detection ability. We can produce different standards of carbon steel, stainless ste