- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:59-30-3
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Folic acid ( CASNO:59-30-3 )
Identification and Related Records
- Folic acid
- CAS Registry number:
- 4-Pteridinol, 2-amino-6-((p-((1, 3-dicarboxypropyl)carbamoyl)anilino)methyl)-
Acido folico [INN-Spanish]
L-Glutamic acid, N-(4-((2-amino-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl)amino)benzoyl)-
Kyselina listova [Czech]
L-Glutamic acid,N-[4-[[(2-amino-1,4- dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]- benzoyl]-
Glutamic acid, pteroyl-, L-
Folic acid (TN)
L-glutamic acid, N-[4-[[(2-amino-4,8-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-
Glutamic acid, N-[p-[[(2-amino-4-hydroxypyrimido(4, 5-b)pyrazin-6-yl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-, L
L-Glutamic acid, N-(4-(((2-amino-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl)amino)benzoyl)-, K salt
Glutamic acid, N-(p-(((2-amino-4-hydroxy-6-pteridinyl)methyl)amino)benzoyl)-, L-
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Yellow to orange yellow crystals or crystalline powder.
- 1.68 g/cm3
- Melting Point:
- 20° (C=1, 0.1N NAOH)
- 1.6 mg/L (25℃)
- Water Solubility, 1.6 mg/L (25°C)
- Yellowish-orange crystals; extremely thin platelets (elongated @ 2 ends) from hot water
- Stable. Incompatible with heavy metal ions, strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents. Solutions may be light and heat sensitive.
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- Specific optical rotation: +23 deg at 25 deg C/D (c= 0.5 in 0.1 N sodium hyroxide)
UV max (pH 13): 256, 283, 368 nm (log E 4.43, 4.40, 3.96)
MASS: 76456 44 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Specral Database 1990 Version)
IR: 5025 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 2-601 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:441.39746 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:9
Topological Polar Surface Area:209
Heavy Atom Count:32
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:1
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:7
Feature 3D Donor Count:5
Feature 3D Anion Count:2
Feature 3D Cation Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:3
Effective Rotor Count:10
Conformer Sampling RMSD:1
CID Conformer Count:60
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Risk Statements: 33-62-68
R33: Danger of cumulative effects.
R62: Risk of impaired fertility.
R68: Possible risk of irreversible effects.
Safety Statements: 24/25
S24/25: Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
WGK Germany: 1
- 5 mg (base) per mL (Rx) [Folvite (benzyl alcohol 1.5 %)]; 10 mg per mL (Rx)
Folic acid (FOLVITE) is marketed as oral tablets containing 0.4, 0.8, and 1 mg and as an aqueous solution for injection. Tablets of folic acid contain either 0.1, 0.4, 0.8, or 1 mg of pteroylglutamic acid, as an aqueous solution for injection, and in combination with other vitamins and minerals
Injectable solutions are prepared by dissolving folic acid in normal sodium bicarbonate solution (which should be sterilized by filtration) or by preparing solutions of the sodium or methylglucamine salt.
Lexpec Folic Acid. Syrup containing folic acid 2.5 mg in each 5 mL (recommended diluent, Sorbitol Solution or Sorbitol Solution and water, equal parts).
10% feed grade, USP
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Folic acid (CAS Reg. No. 59-30-3), also known as folacin or folate, may be safely used in food as a nutrient in accordance with the following prescribed conditions: (a) Folic acid is the chemical N-[4-[[(2-amino-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-L-glutamic acid. (b) Folic acid meets the specifications of the Food Chemicals Codex, 4th ed. (1996), pp. 157?158, which is incorporated by reference in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. (c) Folic acid may be added to foods subject to a standard of identity established under section 401 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the act) when the standard of identity specifically provides for the addition of folic acid. (d) Folic acid may be added, at levels not to exceed 400 micrograms (g) per serving, to breakfast cereals, as defined under 170.3(n)(4) of this chapter, and to corn grits at a level such that each pound of corn grits contains not more than 1.0 milligram of folic acid. (e) Folic acid may be added to infant formula in accordance with section 412(i)(1) of the act or with regulations issued under section 412(i)(2) of the act which are codified in ?107.100 of this chapter. (f) Folic acid may be added to a medical food, as defined in section 5(b)(3) of the Orphan Drug Act (21 U.S.C. 360ee(b)(3)), at levels not to exceed the amount necessary to meet the distinctive nutritional requirements of the disease or condition for which the food is formulated. (g) Folic acid may be added to food for special dietary use at levels not to exceed the amount necessary to meet the special dietary needs for which the food is formulated. (h) Folic acid may be added to foods represented as meal-replacement products, in amounts not to exceed: (1) Four hundred per serving if the food is a meal-replacement that is represented for use once per day; or (2) Two hundred per serving if the food is a meal-replacement that is represented for use more than once per day.
Drug products containing certain active ingredients offered over-the-counter (OTC) for certain uses. A number of active ingredients have been present in OTC drug products for various uses, as described below. However, based on evidence currently available, there are inadequate data to establish general recognition of the safety and effectiveness of these ingredients for the specified uses: Folic acid is included in weight control drug products.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Folic acid is incompatible with oxidizing and reducing agents and with heavy metal ions.
- Folic acid , with CAS number of 59-30-3, can be called Pteroyl-l-glutamic acid ; pteroylmonoglutamic acid ; pteroylglutamic acid ; pteroyglutamic acid ; pteglu ; pga ; n-[4-[[(2-amino-4-hydroxy-6-pteridyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]glutamic acid ; n-4-[(2-amido-4-oxo-1,4-dihydro-6-terene)methylamino]benzoyl-l-glutamic acid . Folic Acid (CAS NO.59-30-3) is a toxic substance, with flammability, burning will produce toxic gases, so it should be stored in a tightly closed container which is cool, dry and well-ventilated, be away from incompatible substances and light. Dry powder, foam, sand, carbon dioxide, water mist can be used if something urgent happened.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = -2.81 /Estimated/
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
Condensation of 2,5,6-triamino-4(3H)-pyrimidinone, p-aminobenzoyl-L-glutamic acid, and 2,3-dibromopropanal.
Synthetic pteroylglutamic acid is made by the reaction of 2,3-di-bromopropanol,2,4,5-triamino-6-hydroxypyrimidine and para-aminobenzoyl glutamic acidU.S. Imports
(1983) 5.07X10+7 g
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Agents which improve the quality of the blood, increasing the hemoglobin level and the number of erythrocytes. They are used in the treatment of anemias.
- A group of water-soluble vitamins, some of which are COENZYMES.
- Therapeutic Uses:
Folic acid is indicated for prevention and treatment of folic acid deficiency states , including megaloblastic anemia and anemias of nutritional origin, pregnancy, infancy, or childhood.
Recommended intakes may be increased and /or supplementation may be necessary in the following persons or conditions (based on documented folic acid deficiency): Alcoholism, hemolytic anemia, chronic fever, gastrectomy, chronic hemodialysis, infants (low birth weight, breast-fed, or those receiving unfortified formulas such as evaporated milk or goats milk), Intestinal disease (celiac disease, tropical sprue, persistent diarrhea), malabsorption syndromes associated with hepatic-biliary disease (hepatic function impairment, alcoholism with cirrhosis), /and/ prolonged stress.
MEDICATION (VET): To prevent macrocytic anemia, embryonic death, cervical paralysis, and perosis In chicks.
MEDICATION (VET): Nutritional factor (dietary requirement in poultry).
Folic acid is indicated for the prevention of some birth defects and appears, as well, to confer significant protection against cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancer.
Several studies have shown that women with low plasma folate and vitamin B12 concentrations are at significantly increased risk of giving birth to babies with neural tube defects, as well as some other birth defects. Moreover, several double-blind, placebo controlled studies have demonstrated that neural tube defects can be significantly prevented when women take folic acid supplements during the periconceptional period. A dose of 400 micrograms is now widely recommended for women of reproductive age.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Folic acid is absorbed rapidly from the GI tract following oral administration oral administration; the vitamin is absorbed mainly in the proximal portion of the small intestine.
The monoglutamate forms of folate, including folic acid, are transported across the proximal small intestine via a saturable pH-dependent process. Higher doses of the pteroylmonoglutamates, including folic acid, are absorbed via a nonsaturable passive diffusion process. The efficiency of absorption of the pteroylmonoglutamates is greater than that of pteroylpolyglutamates.
Following oral administration, peak folate activity in blood occurs within 30 to 60 minutes. Synthetic folate is almost 100% bioavailable when administered in fasting individuals. While the bioavailability of naturally occurring folate in food is about 50%, bioavailability of synthetic folic acid consumed with a meal ranges from 85 to 100%.
Approximately two-thirds of folate in plasma is protein bound. When pharmacologic doses of folic acid are administered, a significant amount of unchanged folic acid is found in the plasma. The liver contains more than 50% of the body stores of folate, or about 6 to 14 milligrams. The total body store of folate is about 12 to 28 miligrams.
Tetrahydrofolic acid and its derivatives are distributed to all body tissues; the liver contains about one-half of total body folate stores. Folate is actively concentrated in the CSF, and normal CSF folate are reported to be about 0.0016 to 0.021 ug/mL. Normal red cell folate concentrations range from 0.175 to 0.316 ug/mL.
When 1 ug of tritium-labeled folic acid/kg body wt is injected iv into a normal man, 60% is removed In 1 circulation time & 90-95% is removed in 3 min, suggesting that there is a high tissue affinity For "physiological" quantities of folic acid.
Folic acid is distributed into milk.
Following oral administration of single 0.1 to 0.2 mg doses of folic acid in healthy adults, only a trace amount of the drug appears in the urine. Following administration of large doses, the renal tubular reabsorption maximum is exceeded, and excess folate is excreted unchanged in urine. After doses of about 2.5 to 5.0 mg, about 50% of a dose is excreted in urine and after a 15 mg dose, up to 90% may be recovered in the urine.
Small amounts of of orally administered folic acid have been recovered from feces. About 0.05 mg per day of normal folate body stores is lost by a combination of urinary and fecal excretion and oxidative cleavage of the molecule.
Folate is excreted in the urine as folate cleavage products. Intact folate enters the glomerulus and is reabsorbed into the proximal renal tubule. Very little intact folate is excreted in the urine. Folate is excreted in the bile and much of it is reabsorbed via the enterohepatic circulation.
Folic acid is removed by hemodialysis.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 3,400(SRC), determined from a water solubility of 1.6 mg/L(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that folic acid is expected to have slight mobility in soil(SRC). The estimated pKa values of the two carboxylic acid moieties of folic acid are 3.5 and 4.3(4) indicating that this compound will primarily exist as an anion in the environment(5). Volatilization of folic acid from moist soil surfaces is not an important fate process(SRC) because anions do not volatilize. Folic acid is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon an estimated vapor pressure of 6.2X10-20 mm Hg(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(6). Biodegradation is not expected to be an important environmental fate process in soil as indicated by a low BOD/COD ratio obtained using a sewage inoculum test(7).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 3,400(SRC), determined from a water solubility of 1.6 mg/L(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that folic acid is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). The estimated pKa values of the carboxylic acid moieties of folic acid are 3.5 and 4.3(3), indicating that this compound will primarily exist in anion form in the environment(4). Volatilization from water surfaces does not occur since anions do not volatilize. According to a classification scheme(5), an estimated BCF of 3.2(SRC), from its water solubility(2) and a regression-derived equation(6), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Biodegadation is not expected to be an important environmental fate process in water as indicated by a low BOD/COD ratio obtained using a sewage inoculum test(7).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), folic acid, which has an estimated vapor pressure of 6.2X10-10 mm Hg at 25 deg C(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(2), is expected to exist solely in the particulate phase in the ambient atmosphere. Particulate-phase folic acid may be removed from the air by wet and dry deposition(SRC). Folic acid absorbs UV light >290 nm(3); therefore folic acid may be susceptible to photolysis although the rate is not known.
- Zhengzhou Nongda Biochemical Products Plant:
- First of all founded in 1994, Zhengzhou Nongda Biochemical Items Plant is really a high-tech enterprize dedicated to research and growth and development of pesticide sprays, manure, chemical intermediates and pesticide sprays formulations. With registered capital of 11 million yuan, it's the director company of Chinese Pesticide sprays Development and Application Association and the priority unit suggested to maqui berry farmers by Henan Pesticide sprays Eco-friendly Funnel. Based on a powerful technical team with 26 senior engineers majored in high polymer chemistry, Chemical analysis, plant protection, Pesticide sprays, Fertilizer and agriculture related subjects, the organization is outfitted with advanced chemical &lifier biochemical la
- wuhan aobang surface technique co.,ltd:
- Wuhan AOBANG Surface Technique Co.,ltd is focused on manufacturing, research and development for surface treatment items, for example Nickel-plating chemicals, Copper-plating chemicals, Zinc-plating chemicals, alloy plating chemicals, pretreatment agents, publish treatment agents, passivation series and types of electroplating intermediates. As our dedication to quality, we're honored to obtain certification ISO9001 and granted honorary title "National Top providers of plating surface treatment ""High-tech Enterprise". Simultaneously, we've gots several independent ip legal rights for acidity mattezinc additive RG-616 and acidic zinc alloy additive RG-618.Our items are not only seen well-known because of its top quality performance and granted much great fame in China, gr
- Shaoxing Yago Bioscience Co,Ltd:
- Yago bioscience is a company who is specialized in manufacturing quality plastic life-science research consumables such as Universal Pipette Tips,Website:http://www.yagobio.com, Barrier Tips, PCR products, Centrifuge Tubes, Cryovials etc. All products are manufactured in our clean room to ensure all products are 100% clean.Our technical team have more than 20 years experiences in designing and producing life-science products. We will do our best to provide you excellent products and service. If you have any interest in our products. plz dont be hesitant to contact us.
- wuxi Baichuan Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd.:
- Built-in August. 2002, wuxi Baichuan Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd. is situated in Yunting Industrial Park of Jiangyin City that's near to Yangtze River, Xicheng Expressway, Yanjiang Expressway, getting convenient communication and beneficial atmosphere. We have the authority to handle import and Export and mainly produce fine chemical items, 70% items are offered to foreign nations. Now we have become fixed supplier for a lot of well-known multinational companies, the items are far offered to such marketplaces as Europe, america and Southeast Asia, winning good reputations for clients. We now have over 600 staff people, including over 62% senior engineers, college and junior college graduates and middle technical personnel. Keeping close cooperation with chemical research institutes
- Suzhou AOKE Rubber Technology Limited Company:
- Since our organization established in May 5,2008 in China Suzhou, we dedicated to Silicone rubber items, silicone kitchenware,silicone baking product&rsquos development and production. Our items mostly are released to Europe and america area. we are able to provide OEM service, the merchandise and service lead the leading of industry. We took part in the Shanghai Worldwide Bakery Exhibition and have passed Food and drug administration,LFGB Test. Superior quality, inexpensive, exact delivery, supplying good value items and services is our reason for sustainable management. Thanks for visiting consult our items, Thanks.
- Tianjinguli International trading Co.Ltd:
- Tianjin Guli Worldwide Buying and selling Co., Ltd. -situated in Tianjin Binhai New Area, next to Tianjin Xingang port, special location made Guli includes a convenient transportation and likes the nation's preferential guidelines. After years' of effort, Guli is becoming a built-in enterprise including manufacturing, Buying and selling, Warehousing and Transportation. our primary items are: Sodium sulfide, Sodium hydrosulfide,Caustic soda. They've been released around the globe particularly in Southeast Asia, Europe, South Usa and Oceania etc. As our object is "customer first, integrity-based, scientific management, top quality and Efficiency", we've generate a stable relationship using the clients. Sincerely invite more business buddies to coopera
- Shijiazhuang Pangji Imp.&Exp.Co.,Ltd:
- Shijiazhuang Pangji Imp & Exp co.,ltd ,certainly one of professional producers of plastic and rubber raw material, We manufacture, distribute and export synthetic resin, synthetic rubber, and Polymer. Also agent sinopec company's items. the synthetic resin products include low-density polyethylene (ldpe), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), linear low- density polyethylene (Lldpe), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and acrylonitrile-butadiene- styrene (ABS),etc . The synthetic rubber items include IIR, SBR, BR and SBS, ETC.We mainly export European ,America , Russia ,along with other marketplaces.Supplying top quality and Useful items and expertise to fulfill customers' needs may be the mission we devote ourselves to. All the pangji' s individuals a
- Changzhou Lefa Industry &Trade Co.,ltd.:
- Changzhou LEFA Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.,Website:http://www.lefa-online.com, is a professional manufacturer and exporter of whole set of agriculture machines and garden tools. Our company was established in 2003, covers an area of 2200 square meters, with Hanma Industry Company and France branch. Our main products include rotary tiller, rotovator, rotavator, flail mower, finishing mower, topper mower, wood chipper, plow, cultivator, potato planters and Japanese tractor parts, etc. We will strictly abide by the principle of "client interests above all else".We are strict with our quality ,we will inspect material , productive process and product carefully . Now our products are exported to in the American, Europe, Australian, South American and so on . Consequently, we have built long ter
- Shenzhen Xinhaisen Technology Limited:
- Shenzhen Xinhaisen Technology Limited Company is a manufacturer of high precision etching parts with good service .,We specialize in the production of etching parts,Website:http://www.xhs-etching.com, Coffee Maker Filters, etching crafts coffee etching mesh ,shower hear plate, stainless steel etching encoder disk ,phone receiver speaker mesh.and various types of filter mesh for insect nets and so on . We have a strong R&D department and experienced engineers. OEM/ODM products are welcomed , We can design and make according to your ideas and samples. Quality control is more an action than a slogan. Strict quality control is implemented in all aspects of operations to meet the high standards of top-tier customers.
- ubei Yuancheng Saichuang Technology co ltd:
- 湖北远成赛创科技有限公司成立于2010年，由武汉远城集团投资5000余万元兴建的，公司工厂位于江夏区郑店街黄金工业园紧邻107国道，交通十分便捷。工厂占地面积 50 亩，拟定兴建的厂房将按GMP标准，厂区内环境整洁，布局合理，拥有大、中型生产车间及其铺助厂房，并配备先进仪器设备的质检和研发中心；公司还拥有一支过硬的专业研发技术队伍。公司现有员工300名左右，其中具有助理工程师专业技术职称以上的工程技术人员占20%以上。公司制定有质量诚信手册及与GMP相配套的各类程序文件，成立有QA、QC为主体的质量诚信管理系统，为满足客户对产品的各种需求提供了坚实的保证。 公司主要从事化学合成原料药、制剂、医药中间体、化工原料、化工防腐、香精香料、食品添加剂等多类产品集研发、生产、经营、销售为一体的大型综合性高科技企业。其中主导产品有肉桂系列、左旋肉碱、香豆素、维生素系列、食品添加剂、胶原蛋白系列等产品，其中仅肉桂系列产品就达100多种，生产技术国内领先，占国内市场总量的70%以上，综合实力居国内同行首位。 公司全体同仁将不懈的努力，不断地追求卓越的质量、创特色的品牌及完美的企业形象，秉承“节能、求实、奋进、创新”的企业精神，奉行“节能而优产、质量是生命、服务是灵魂"的企业经营理念，以一流的产品和优质的服务，满足市场的需求。
- Sino-Future Bio-tech Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Sino-Future Bio-tech Co., Ltd. is active in the development, production and processing of plant extract phytochemical & pharmaceutical raw material. Our plant extracts include allicin, Andrographolide, acetylaconitine, Apigenin, Anemonin, Amygdalin, Artemisinine, Artesunate, Artemether, Arbutin, Astilbin, Astaxanthin, Baicalin, Barbaloin, Betulin, Betulinic acidity, Bilobalide, Bergeninum and berbamine. We provide berberine, Borneolum Syntheticum, Breviscapine, Bulleyaconitine A, Beta-Carotene, Camptosar, camptothecin, Cephalomannine, chlorogenic acidity, COLCHICINE, cordyecepin, Curcumin, Chrysin, Cryptotanshinone and Cytisine. We provide dihydroArtemisinine, daidzein, Diosmin, Daphnetin, diosin, Docetaxel, D-raffinose, Emodin, Echinacea, Esculin, Evodiamine, ecdysterone, Ella
- SUNFLOWER OILFIELD SUPPLIERS & SERVICES UM:
- ?Jiabang CNC Company Ltd. is an exporting enterprise of manufacturing large size castings,Website:http://www.jiabang-foundry.cc, machined parts and assembly. The first-stage of construction occupies an area of 66667m2 , building area is 40000 m2 Which will be put into production for castings in Oct. 2008 . ?The productivity of the first year is expected to reach 30,000 tons when put into production, the goal capacity is to achieve 50,000tons yearly. The main material of the castings are ductile iron and grey iron, with the maximum of dimensions are 6000mmx4000mmx 3000mm, the maximum weight is 50 tons per piece. ?Foundry production line is equipped with medium frequency electric furnace for melting , furan resin for molding, shot blasting union cleaning equipment and automatic gas(electric