- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:59-30-3
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Folic acid ( CASNO:59-30-3 )
Identification and Related Records
- Folic acid
- CAS Registry number:
- 4-Pteridinol, 2-amino-6-((p-((1, 3-dicarboxypropyl)carbamoyl)anilino)methyl)-
Acido folico [INN-Spanish]
L-Glutamic acid, N-(4-((2-amino-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl)amino)benzoyl)-
Kyselina listova [Czech]
L-Glutamic acid,N-[4-[[(2-amino-1,4- dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]- benzoyl]-
Glutamic acid, pteroyl-, L-
Folic acid (TN)
L-glutamic acid, N-[4-[[(2-amino-4,8-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-
Glutamic acid, N-[p-[[(2-amino-4-hydroxypyrimido(4, 5-b)pyrazin-6-yl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-, L
L-Glutamic acid, N-(4-(((2-amino-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl)amino)benzoyl)-, K salt
Glutamic acid, N-(p-(((2-amino-4-hydroxy-6-pteridinyl)methyl)amino)benzoyl)-, L-
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Yellow to orange yellow crystals or crystalline powder.
- 1.68 g/cm3
- Melting Point:
- 20° (C=1, 0.1N NAOH)
- 1.6 mg/L (25℃)
- Water Solubility, 1.6 mg/L (25°C)
- Yellowish-orange crystals; extremely thin platelets (elongated @ 2 ends) from hot water
- Stable. Incompatible with heavy metal ions, strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents. Solutions may be light and heat sensitive.
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- Specific optical rotation: +23 deg at 25 deg C/D (c= 0.5 in 0.1 N sodium hyroxide)
UV max (pH 13): 256, 283, 368 nm (log E 4.43, 4.40, 3.96)
MASS: 76456 44 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Specral Database 1990 Version)
IR: 5025 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 2-601 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:441.39746 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:9
Topological Polar Surface Area:209
Heavy Atom Count:32
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:1
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:7
Feature 3D Donor Count:5
Feature 3D Anion Count:2
Feature 3D Cation Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:3
Effective Rotor Count:10
Conformer Sampling RMSD:1
CID Conformer Count:60
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Risk Statements: 33-62-68
R33: Danger of cumulative effects.
R62: Risk of impaired fertility.
R68: Possible risk of irreversible effects.
Safety Statements: 24/25
S24/25: Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
WGK Germany: 1
- 5 mg (base) per mL (Rx) [Folvite (benzyl alcohol 1.5 %)]; 10 mg per mL (Rx)
Folic acid (FOLVITE) is marketed as oral tablets containing 0.4, 0.8, and 1 mg and as an aqueous solution for injection. Tablets of folic acid contain either 0.1, 0.4, 0.8, or 1 mg of pteroylglutamic acid, as an aqueous solution for injection, and in combination with other vitamins and minerals
Injectable solutions are prepared by dissolving folic acid in normal sodium bicarbonate solution (which should be sterilized by filtration) or by preparing solutions of the sodium or methylglucamine salt.
Lexpec Folic Acid. Syrup containing folic acid 2.5 mg in each 5 mL (recommended diluent, Sorbitol Solution or Sorbitol Solution and water, equal parts).
10% feed grade, USP
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Folic acid (CAS Reg. No. 59-30-3), also known as folacin or folate, may be safely used in food as a nutrient in accordance with the following prescribed conditions: (a) Folic acid is the chemical N-[4-[[(2-amino-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-6-pteridinyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]-L-glutamic acid. (b) Folic acid meets the specifications of the Food Chemicals Codex, 4th ed. (1996), pp. 157?158, which is incorporated by reference in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. (c) Folic acid may be added to foods subject to a standard of identity established under section 401 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the act) when the standard of identity specifically provides for the addition of folic acid. (d) Folic acid may be added, at levels not to exceed 400 micrograms (g) per serving, to breakfast cereals, as defined under 170.3(n)(4) of this chapter, and to corn grits at a level such that each pound of corn grits contains not more than 1.0 milligram of folic acid. (e) Folic acid may be added to infant formula in accordance with section 412(i)(1) of the act or with regulations issued under section 412(i)(2) of the act which are codified in ?107.100 of this chapter. (f) Folic acid may be added to a medical food, as defined in section 5(b)(3) of the Orphan Drug Act (21 U.S.C. 360ee(b)(3)), at levels not to exceed the amount necessary to meet the distinctive nutritional requirements of the disease or condition for which the food is formulated. (g) Folic acid may be added to food for special dietary use at levels not to exceed the amount necessary to meet the special dietary needs for which the food is formulated. (h) Folic acid may be added to foods represented as meal-replacement products, in amounts not to exceed: (1) Four hundred per serving if the food is a meal-replacement that is represented for use once per day; or (2) Two hundred per serving if the food is a meal-replacement that is represented for use more than once per day.
Drug products containing certain active ingredients offered over-the-counter (OTC) for certain uses. A number of active ingredients have been present in OTC drug products for various uses, as described below. However, based on evidence currently available, there are inadequate data to establish general recognition of the safety and effectiveness of these ingredients for the specified uses: Folic acid is included in weight control drug products.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Folic acid is incompatible with oxidizing and reducing agents and with heavy metal ions.
- Folic acid , with CAS number of 59-30-3, can be called Pteroyl-l-glutamic acid ; pteroylmonoglutamic acid ; pteroylglutamic acid ; pteroyglutamic acid ; pteglu ; pga ; n-[4-[[(2-amino-4-hydroxy-6-pteridyl)methyl]amino]benzoyl]glutamic acid ; n-4-[(2-amido-4-oxo-1,4-dihydro-6-terene)methylamino]benzoyl-l-glutamic acid . Folic Acid (CAS NO.59-30-3) is a toxic substance, with flammability, burning will produce toxic gases, so it should be stored in a tightly closed container which is cool, dry and well-ventilated, be away from incompatible substances and light. Dry powder, foam, sand, carbon dioxide, water mist can be used if something urgent happened.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = -2.81 /Estimated/
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
Condensation of 2,5,6-triamino-4(3H)-pyrimidinone, p-aminobenzoyl-L-glutamic acid, and 2,3-dibromopropanal.
Synthetic pteroylglutamic acid is made by the reaction of 2,3-di-bromopropanol,2,4,5-triamino-6-hydroxypyrimidine and para-aminobenzoyl glutamic acidU.S. Imports
(1983) 5.07X10+7 g
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Agents which improve the quality of the blood, increasing the hemoglobin level and the number of erythrocytes. They are used in the treatment of anemias.
- A group of water-soluble vitamins, some of which are COENZYMES.
- Therapeutic Uses:
Folic acid is indicated for prevention and treatment of folic acid deficiency states , including megaloblastic anemia and anemias of nutritional origin, pregnancy, infancy, or childhood.
Recommended intakes may be increased and /or supplementation may be necessary in the following persons or conditions (based on documented folic acid deficiency): Alcoholism, hemolytic anemia, chronic fever, gastrectomy, chronic hemodialysis, infants (low birth weight, breast-fed, or those receiving unfortified formulas such as evaporated milk or goats milk), Intestinal disease (celiac disease, tropical sprue, persistent diarrhea), malabsorption syndromes associated with hepatic-biliary disease (hepatic function impairment, alcoholism with cirrhosis), /and/ prolonged stress.
MEDICATION (VET): To prevent macrocytic anemia, embryonic death, cervical paralysis, and perosis In chicks.
MEDICATION (VET): Nutritional factor (dietary requirement in poultry).
Folic acid is indicated for the prevention of some birth defects and appears, as well, to confer significant protection against cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancer.
Several studies have shown that women with low plasma folate and vitamin B12 concentrations are at significantly increased risk of giving birth to babies with neural tube defects, as well as some other birth defects. Moreover, several double-blind, placebo controlled studies have demonstrated that neural tube defects can be significantly prevented when women take folic acid supplements during the periconceptional period. A dose of 400 micrograms is now widely recommended for women of reproductive age.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Folic acid is absorbed rapidly from the GI tract following oral administration oral administration; the vitamin is absorbed mainly in the proximal portion of the small intestine.
The monoglutamate forms of folate, including folic acid, are transported across the proximal small intestine via a saturable pH-dependent process. Higher doses of the pteroylmonoglutamates, including folic acid, are absorbed via a nonsaturable passive diffusion process. The efficiency of absorption of the pteroylmonoglutamates is greater than that of pteroylpolyglutamates.
Following oral administration, peak folate activity in blood occurs within 30 to 60 minutes. Synthetic folate is almost 100% bioavailable when administered in fasting individuals. While the bioavailability of naturally occurring folate in food is about 50%, bioavailability of synthetic folic acid consumed with a meal ranges from 85 to 100%.
Approximately two-thirds of folate in plasma is protein bound. When pharmacologic doses of folic acid are administered, a significant amount of unchanged folic acid is found in the plasma. The liver contains more than 50% of the body stores of folate, or about 6 to 14 milligrams. The total body store of folate is about 12 to 28 miligrams.
Tetrahydrofolic acid and its derivatives are distributed to all body tissues; the liver contains about one-half of total body folate stores. Folate is actively concentrated in the CSF, and normal CSF folate are reported to be about 0.0016 to 0.021 ug/mL. Normal red cell folate concentrations range from 0.175 to 0.316 ug/mL.
When 1 ug of tritium-labeled folic acid/kg body wt is injected iv into a normal man, 60% is removed In 1 circulation time & 90-95% is removed in 3 min, suggesting that there is a high tissue affinity For "physiological" quantities of folic acid.
Folic acid is distributed into milk.
Following oral administration of single 0.1 to 0.2 mg doses of folic acid in healthy adults, only a trace amount of the drug appears in the urine. Following administration of large doses, the renal tubular reabsorption maximum is exceeded, and excess folate is excreted unchanged in urine. After doses of about 2.5 to 5.0 mg, about 50% of a dose is excreted in urine and after a 15 mg dose, up to 90% may be recovered in the urine.
Small amounts of of orally administered folic acid have been recovered from feces. About 0.05 mg per day of normal folate body stores is lost by a combination of urinary and fecal excretion and oxidative cleavage of the molecule.
Folate is excreted in the urine as folate cleavage products. Intact folate enters the glomerulus and is reabsorbed into the proximal renal tubule. Very little intact folate is excreted in the urine. Folate is excreted in the bile and much of it is reabsorbed via the enterohepatic circulation.
Folic acid is removed by hemodialysis.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 3,400(SRC), determined from a water solubility of 1.6 mg/L(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that folic acid is expected to have slight mobility in soil(SRC). The estimated pKa values of the two carboxylic acid moieties of folic acid are 3.5 and 4.3(4) indicating that this compound will primarily exist as an anion in the environment(5). Volatilization of folic acid from moist soil surfaces is not an important fate process(SRC) because anions do not volatilize. Folic acid is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon an estimated vapor pressure of 6.2X10-20 mm Hg(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(6). Biodegradation is not expected to be an important environmental fate process in soil as indicated by a low BOD/COD ratio obtained using a sewage inoculum test(7).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 3,400(SRC), determined from a water solubility of 1.6 mg/L(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that folic acid is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). The estimated pKa values of the carboxylic acid moieties of folic acid are 3.5 and 4.3(3), indicating that this compound will primarily exist in anion form in the environment(4). Volatilization from water surfaces does not occur since anions do not volatilize. According to a classification scheme(5), an estimated BCF of 3.2(SRC), from its water solubility(2) and a regression-derived equation(6), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Biodegadation is not expected to be an important environmental fate process in water as indicated by a low BOD/COD ratio obtained using a sewage inoculum test(7).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), folic acid, which has an estimated vapor pressure of 6.2X10-10 mm Hg at 25 deg C(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(2), is expected to exist solely in the particulate phase in the ambient atmosphere. Particulate-phase folic acid may be removed from the air by wet and dry deposition(SRC). Folic acid absorbs UV light >290 nm(3); therefore folic acid may be susceptible to photolysis although the rate is not known.
- huantai county maqiao houjin talcum powder plant:
- Huantai Maqiao Houjin Talcum Powder Plant,situated near Qingdao Port,established in 1997,is really a professional factory of Barium Chlorides,Barium Hydroxides.Our factory is outfitted with advanced plants,modern analytical instruments and seem quality management systems.We've necessary talents in development and research,management and purchase.We totally convey more than 100 employees.Our production convenience of barium chlorides is 25,000 ton each year. The majority of our items have worldwide approvals.Our top quality items and excellent services allow us to earn a higher status not just from domestic marketplaces but additionally from Europe,South Usa,the center East,Southeast Asia and Africa marketplaces. We're sincerely searching toward cooperating along wit
- Wuxi Ruiyuan Chemical Co.,Ltd.:
- Wuxi Ruiyuan Chemical Co.,Ltd. Is focused on development, production and purchase of inorganic fluoride series. With strong technology energy, advanced equipment, scientific management, profession lab center and specialists, the organization has capability to satisfy clients' every requirement. The primary items are: potassium fluozirconate, magnesium fluoride, sodium monofluorophosphate and other fluorides. The organization is situated in Wuxi where likes beautiful landscape, developed economy and convenient transportation. The organization always views market as guide, seeks survival by quality and seeks development by credit. Rich in-quality items and all-round service, the organization cordially welcomes all buddies at home and abroad to go to, negotiate and cooperate around for mutua
- jiangsu ice bao technology co., ltd:
- Jiangsu Ice Bao Technology Co.,LTD.is really a hi-tech enterprise situated within the Jiangsu province,taking pleasure in superior location and advantaged traffic conditions.Equipped with advanced production equipments and manufacturing technologies,the organization is focused on the R &lifier D,manufacture and purchasers of APIs and pharmaceutical intermediates.
- francis chemical pls:
- We're Scott Kyle Chem focus on conveying research chemical and fertilizer items, anti-anxiety , drugs, anti &ndashdepression,Diazepam, STIMULANTS, opiates ,And we're leading providers of drugs and research chemicals in United kingdom, kindly call us for additional particulars.
- Shandong Xinhao Chemical Co.,Ltd.:
- Shandong Xinhao Chemical Co., Ltd, Established in November. 2004, is really a large professional chemical enterprise in producingsodium nitrate and sodium nitrite.For several years, we devotes to technology innovation and Product, walk the street of connotation development, and to develop enterprise strength rich in-tech and good quality, with "top quality items, honest and reliable" win domestic and overseas market. items are offered to Europe, america, India, Southeast Asia, and other nations and regions, well accepted through the multitude of domestic and worldwide customer.
- Shanghai Zhiyou marine & offshore equipment Co., Ltd:
- After more than 10 years’ endeavor and development,Website:http://www.zhiyoumarine.com, Zhiyou has established a complete product supply chain. We specialize in delivering customized design and integrated product service of welding consumables,marine outfitting, marine equipment, pressure tank, various steel structure product and rubber fender. Certifications of ABS, BV, CCS, DNV/GL, LR, RINA, ASME, SGS, etc. also can be provided according to client’s requirement. We try to satisfy the standards and the customers’ requirement in the process of designing and manufacturing process, as well as fully consider the basic cost. The products we providing will guarantee the quality and reasonable price, which ensure our cooperated customers can get the maximum value and minimum cost.
- Tianjin Tianchang Chemical Co.,Ltd.:
- Tianjin Finest Chemical Co., Ltd., located in Binhai New Section of Tianjin, China, Since its established, Finest Chemical progressively progressed into a sizable-scale caustic soda plant with section of 80,000 square meters, greater than 200 employees and annual creation of 9 million tons. Each one of these accomplishments are credited to the exceptional benefits of recycleables and of fuel cost here.The mainly business is centered on the processing and manufacture of 96% or 99% industrial caustic soda，including flakes, Solid and pearls, Having a view towards the company's lengthy-term development, we put sodium carbonate, Sodium sulfide,calcium carbide for conveying. Finest Chemical has acquired the ISO9001:2000 Quality System Authentication, which adds towards the resources of super
- Xinxiang Huixin Mining Equipment Co., Ltd VD:
- Xinxiang Huixin mining equipment co., ltd is located in the Xinxiang city,Website:http://www.conveyor.com, where enjoys reputation of capital of vibration machinery in China. Our company is one joint-stock enterprises combining vibration equipment and transportation equipment research, manufacturing and sales as a body, having bucket elevator, the electromagnetic vibration feeder, vibration motor, buried scraper conveyor, belt conveyor, and coal system, reciprocating coal feeder, screw conveyor. Our company has a group of professional technical personnel of qualified personnel in science and technology and has rich material resources and human resources, and at the same time introduces a number of senior management personnel and technical personnel, to further improve the management system
- Zhejiang Runhui Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Zhejiang Runhui Chemical Co.,Ltd is really a large-scale foreign-funded enterprise individually invested and established in landmass China by Hongkong Changcheng Worldwide Development Co.,Ltd. Focused on researching,developing and creating number of fine chemical items of high technological content, the organization includes a well-trained professional technical team who've lengthy been involved in research and growth and development of industrialization projects. Our organization situated in Shangyu Industrial Park,Hangzhou bay,Zhejiang Province, having a registered capital of USD7.50 Million.The organization requires a land section of 20001 square meters, taking pleasure in a great physical location and convenient traffic conditions.Because of its excellent capacity of independe
- Shijiazhuang Liaoyu Group:
- Shijiazhuang Liaoyu group was organized in 1998,we're group companies of shijiazhuang liaoyu food additive,CO.Ltd and shijiazhuang liaoyu Daily chemicals CO.Ltd and shijiazhuang liaoyu buying and selling.CO.Ltd.We focused in research, development, production and sales of daily chemicals and food additive. It's situated in northern Hebei approaching Shijiazhuang Technological Difficulty Developing District. the transportation is extremely convenience and the place is good. Shijiazhuang Liaoyu enterprise Co., Ltd happen to be focusing in research and growth and development of sweetenersmonosodium glutamatechicken powder getting much experience with production and top-ranking abilities.For several years, we targeted technological difficulty, World Market, highest quality and best managem
- TAIZHOU BOUNCHE MACHINERY CO.,LTD:
- TAIZHOU BOUNCHE MACHINERY CO.. LTD is a professional manufacturer of high pressure washers and pumps. Since establishment,Website:http://www.bounche-pump.com, we have devoted ourselves to developing various high pressure washers and pumps. Based on advanced technology and scientific management, modern production line, complete test equipment and quality control system, our product quality improves. With the aims of “based on quality, keep on striving ahead, make first-class and advanced products”, we provide more modern and advanced products to satisfy clients from domestic and overseas market. We wish to establish business relationships with clients all around world. For more information, please feel free to contact us or visit our website. Looking forward to doing business with you in t
- NANJING RUNRU IMPORT AND EXPORT TRADE CO.,LTD.:
- ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ We focused on creating oil,tea and other farming items. We situated in Nanjing,Jiangsu Province. We own two large oil processing industrial facilities and one tea processing plant. With excellent employees and a rigid qc system of planting farming creating processing&mdashshipping, we could supply quality farming and farm items and plan to our clients. ^ ^ ^ ^ Sticking towards the principle of friendly cooperation and mutual benefit honoring anything strictly taking status and quality as main concern offering punctual delivery and Excellent after-purchase service,we've offered our items to greater than 30 nations throughout world for example United States, Europ,Korea and Japan etc. We want to start the company inside your market si