- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:52-01-7
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Spironolactone ( CASNO:52-01-7 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
3-(3-Keto-7.alpha.-acetylthio-17.beta.-hydroxy-4-androsten-17.alph a.-yl)propionic acid lactone
Pregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid,7-(acetylthio)-17-hydroxy-3-oxo-,?- lactone,(7R,17R)-
17.alpha.-Pregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid, 17-hydroxy-7.alpha.-mercapto-3-oxo-, .gamma.-lactone, acetate
Pregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid, 7-(acetylthio)-17-hydroxy-3-oxo-, gamma-lactone, (7alpha,17alpha)-
Spiro(17H-cyclopenta(a)phenanthrene-17,2(5H)-furan), pregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid deriv.
7-alpha-(acetylthio)-17-alpha-hydroxy-3-oxopregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid, gamma-lactone (9CI)
3-(3-Oxo-7-alpha-acetylthio-17-beta-hydroxyandrost-4-en-17-beta-yl)propionic acid lactone
7-(Acetylthio)-17-hydroxy-3-oxopregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid gamma-lactone
Pregn-4-ene-21-carboxylic acid, 7-(acetylthio)-17-hydroxy-3-oxo-, g-lactone, (7a,17a)-
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- White powder.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 597℃ at 760mmHg
- Refractive Index:
- -36 ° (C=1, CHCl3)
- Flash Point:
- -37 ° (C=1, CHCL3)
- practically insoluble
- practically insoluble
- Crystals from methanol
Light cream-colored to light tan, crystalline powder
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- Storage temp:
- Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- Specific optical rotation = -33.5 deg (chloroform)
UV max: 238 nm (epsilon 20200)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:416.57348 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:2
Topological Polar Surface Area:85.7
Heavy Atom Count:29
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:7
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:5
Effective Rotor Count:4.2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.8
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- SPIRONOLACTONE & HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE: ALDACTAZIDE (SEARLE). ORAL: EACH TABLET CONTAINS SPIRONOLACTONE 25 MG & HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 25 MG.
Oral: Tablets, film-coated: 25 mg Aldactone (with povidone), (Pfizer) Spironolactone Tablets (Mutual), Spironolactone Tablets (Mylan), Spironolactone Tablets (Sandoz), Spironolactone Tablets (UDL), Spironolactone Tablets, (United Research); 50 mg Aldactone (with povidone; scored), (Pfizer), Spironolactone Tablets (Actavis), Spironolactone Tablets (Mutual), Spironolactone Tablets (Mylan), Spironolactone Tablets (United Research); 100 mg Aldactone (with povidone; scored), (Pfizer), Spironolactone Tablets (Actavis), Spironolactone Tablets (Mutual), Spironolactone Tablets (Mylan), Spironolactone Tablets (United Research).
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- The Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations List identifies currently marketed prescription drug products, incl spironolactone, approved on the basis of safety and effectiveness by FDA under sections 505 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- The Spironolactone, with the cas registry number 52-01-7, has the IUPAC name of S-[(7R,8R,9S,10R,13S,14S,17R)-10,13-dimethyl-3,5'-dioxospiro[2,6,7,8,9,11,12,14,15,16-decahydro-1H-cyclopenta[a]phenanthrene-17,2'-oxolane]-7-yl] ethanethioate. This is a kind of white to off white solid, and is practically insoluble. Its product categories are including Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients; Biochemistry; Steroids; Steroids (Others); Intermediates & Fine Chemicals; Pharmaceuticals; API's. As to its usage, it is a kind of diuretic and also used as an antiandrogen.
The physical properties of this chemical are as follows: (1)ACD/LogP: 3.12; (2)# of Rule of 5 Violations: 0; (3)ACD/LogD (pH 5.5): 3.12; (4)ACD/LogD (pH 7.4): 3.12; (5)ACD/BCF (pH 5.5): 139.34; (6)ACD/BCF (pH 7.4): 139.34; (7)ACD/KOC (pH 5.5): 1192.14; (8)ACD/KOC (pH 7.4): 1192.14; (9)#H bond acceptors: 4; (10)#H bond donors: 0; (11)#Freely Rotating Bonds: 2; (12)Polar Surface Area: 85.74; (13)Index of Refraction: 1.585; (14)Molar Refractivity: 112.68 cm3; (15)Molar Volume: 335.7 cm3; (16)Polarizability: 44.67 ×10-24 cm3; (17)Surface Tension: 50.8 dyne/cm; (18)Density: 1.24 g/cm3; (19)Flash Point: 302.3 °C; (20)Enthalpy of Vaporization: 88.93 kJ/mol; (21)Boiling Point: 597 °C at 760 mmHg; (22)Vapour Pressure: 3.24E-14 mmHg at 25°C; (23)Exact Mass: 416.20213; (24)MonoIsotopic Mass: 416.20213; (25)Topological Polar Surface Area: 85.7; (26)Heavy Atom Count: 29; (27)Formal Charge: 0; (28)Complexity: 818.
When you are dealing with this chemical, you should be very cautious. For being a kind of irritant chemical to eyes, respiratory system and skin, it may cause inflammation to the skin or other mucous membranes. Then it is harmful which may cause damage to health. What's more, it is even toxic which could at low levels cause damage to health. This chemical may have impair fertility and may have limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect.
Therefore, you should take the following instructions to protect yourself. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection and avoid exposure - obtain special instructions before use. If in case of accident or if you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible), and if in case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Then do remember not breathe dust. When store it, keep in a dry, cool and well-ventilated place, away from the food raw material.
In addition, you could convert the following datas into the molecular structure:
(1)Canonical SMILES: CC(=O)SC1CC2=CC(=O)CCC2(C3C1C4CCC5(C4(CC3)C)CCC(=O)O5)C
(2)Isomeric SMILES: CC(=O)S[C@@H]1CC2=CC(=O)CC[C@@]2([C@@H]3[C@@H]1[C@@H]4CC[C@]5([C@]4(CC3)C)CCC(=O)O5)C
Below are the toxicity information of this chemical:
Organism Test Type Route Reported Dose (Normalized Dose) Effect Source human TDLo oral 5600mg/kg (5600mg/kg) KIDNEY, URETER, AND BLADDER: URINE VOLUME INCREASED Journal of Laboratory and Clinical Medicine. Vol. 80, Pg. 224, 1972.
man TDLo oral 5714ug/kg/4D- (5.714mg/kg) LUNGS, THORAX, OR RESPIRATION: "FIBROSIS, FOCAL (PNEUMOCONIOSIS)"
BLOOD: CHANGES IN CELL COUNT (UNSPECIFIED)
Drug Intelligence and Clinical Pharmacy. Vol. 21, Pg. 974, 1987.
man TDLo oral 7500ug/kg/3W- (7.5mg/kg) BLOOD: AGRANULOCYTOSIS Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine. Vol. 30, Pg. 515, 2000.
man TDLo oral 7500ug/kg/3W- (7.5mg/kg) BLOOD: AGRANULOCYTOSIS
BLOOD: CHANGES IN BONE MARROW NOT INCLUDED ABOVE
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Medicine. Vol. 30, Pg. 515, 2000.
mouse LD50 intraperitoneal 260mg/kg (260mg/kg) ? Drugs in Japan Vol. 6, Pg. 381, 1982. mouse LD50 intravenous 260mg/kg (260mg/kg) ? Gekkan Yakuji. Pharmaceuticals Monthly. Vol. 9, Pg. 759, 1967. mouse LD50 oral > 1gm/kg (1000mg/kg) ? Journal of Environmental Pathology and Toxicology. Vol. 1(5), Pg. 641, 1978. rabbit LD50 intraperitoneal 866mg/kg (866mg/kg) Journal of Environmental Pathology and Toxicology. Vol. 1(5), Pg. 641, 1978. rabbit LD50 oral > 1gm/kg (1000mg/kg) Journal of Environmental Pathology and Toxicology. Vol. 1(5), Pg. 641, 1978. rat LD50 intraperitoneal 277mg/kg (277mg/kg) Drugs in Japan Vol. 6, Pg. 381, 1982. rat LD50 oral > 1gm/kg (1000mg/kg) Drugs in Japan Vol. 6, Pg. 381, 1982. women TDLo oral 70mg/kg/5W-I (70mg/kg) BLOOD: AGRANULOCYTOSIS British Medical Journal. Vol. 289, Pg. 731, 1984. women TDLo oral 122mg/kg/61D- (122mg/kg) KIDNEY, URETER, AND BLADDER: "CHANGES IN TUBULES (INCLUDING ACUTE RENAL FAILURE, ACUTE TUBULAR NECROSIS)" New Zealand Medical Journal. Vol. 83, Pg. 147, 1976.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 2.78
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
US PATENT 3013012 (1961 TO SEARLE)
- It is a synthetic 17-lactone steroid which is a renal competitive aldosterone antagonist in a class of pharmaceuticals called potassium-sparing diuretics, used primarily to treat ascites in patients with liver disease, low-renin hypertension, hypok.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biological Activity:
- Competitive mineralocorticoid (aldosterone) receptor antagonist that exhibits antihypertensive activity in vivo . Also displays antiandrogen activity and inhibits steroid hormone biosynthesis.
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Compounds which inhibit or antagonize the biosynthesis or actions of aldosterone.
- Agents that promote the excretion of urine through their effects on kidney function.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Aldosterone Antagonists; Diuretics
EXPL THER: Aldosterone is important in the pathophysiology of heart failure. In a doubleblind study, we enrolled 1663 patients who had severe heart failure and a left ventricular ejection fraction of no more than 35 percent and who were being treated with an angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor, a loop diuretic, and in most cases digoxin. A total of 822 patients were randomly assigned to receive 25 mg of spironolactone daily, and 841 to receive placebo. The primary end point was death from all causes. The trial was discontinued early, after a mean follow-up period of 24 months, because an interim analysis determined that spironolactone was efficacious. There were 386 deaths in the placebo group (46 percent) and 284 in the spironolactone group (35 percent; relative risk of death, 0.70; 95 percent confidence interval, 0.60 to 0.82; P<0.001). This 30 percent reduction in the risk of death among patients in the spironolactone group was attributed to a lower risk of both death from progressive heart failure and sudden death from cardiac causes. The frequency of hospitalization for worsening heart failure was 35 percent lower in the spironolactone group than in the placebo group (relative risk of hospitalization, 0.65; 95 percent confidence interval, 0.54 to 0.77; P<0.001). In addition, patients who received spironolactone had a significant improvement in the symptoms of heart failure, as assessed on the basis of the New York Heart Association functional class (P<0.001). Gynecomastia or breast pain was reported in 10 percent of men who were treated with spironolactone, as compared with 1 percent of men in the placebo group (P<0.001). The incidence of serious hyperkalemia was minimal in both groups of patients. [Pitt B et al; N Engl J Med 341 (10): 709-17 (1999)]
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- At the time spironolactone was introduced for clinical use, its bioavailability was inadequate, and this was improved by preparing the drug in finely powdered or micronized form. The absolute bioavailability was indirectly estimated at approximately 73%, which was enhanced in the presence of food. Nearly all absorbed spironolactone (> 90 %) is bound to plasma proteins and, with repeated dosing, a steady state is achieved within 8 days. After oral intake of a 100-mg dose, the plasma half-time of spironolactone was 1-2 h, the time to maximum plasma concentration was 2-3.2 hr, the maximum blood concentration was 92-148 ng/mL, the area under the concentration--time (0-24 hr) curve was 1430-1541 ng/mL per hr and the elimination half-time was 18-20 hr.
The disposition of (14)C spironolactone was studied in male rats, female dogs and female monkeys after intravenous or oral administration of 5 mg/kg bw. Gastrointestinal absorption was estimated to be 82% in rats, 62% in dogs and 103% in monkeys. Spironolactone was extensively metabolized in all three species, and the metabolites were excreted primarily in the urine and feces. The amount of radiolabel excreted in urine or feces of all three species was similar after intravenous and after oral dosing. In monkeys, as in humans, the amounts excreted in urine and feces were about equal, while fecal excretion predominated in rats and dogs as a result of biliary excretion. After the oral dose, the percentage of urinary excretion was 4.7% in rats, 18% in dogs and 46% in monkeys. The high excretion of radiolabel in the feces of rats (90%) after intravenous administration shows the importance of biliary excretion for that species. Species differences were also noted in the biotransformation of spironolactone.
Absorption of spironolactone from the GI tract depends on the formulation in which it is administered. Currently available formulations of spironolactone are well absorbed from the GI tract and bioavailability of the drug exceeds 90% when compared to an optimally absorbed spironolactone solution in polyethylene glycol 400. Following a single oral dose of spironolactone, peak serum concentrations of the drug occur within 1-2 hours, and peak serum concentrations of its principal metabolites are attained within 2-4 hours. When spironolactone is administered concomitantly with food, peak serum concentrations and areas under the serum concentration-time curves (AUCs) of the drug and, to a lesser degree, its principal metabolites are increased substantially compared with the fasting state.
Spironolactone and canrenone, a major metabolite of the drug, are both more than 90% bound to plasma proteins. Spironolactone or its metabolites may cross the placenta. Canrenone, a major metabolite of spironolactone, is distributed into milk.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 770(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 2.78(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that spironolactone is expected to have low mobility in soil(SRC). Volatilization of spironolactone from moist soil surfaces is not expected to be an important fate process(SRC) given an estimated Henry's Law constant of 1.1X10-10 atm-cu m/mole(SRC), using a fragment constant estimation method(4). Spironolactone is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon an estimated vapor pressure of 3.2X10-11 mm Hg(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(5). Biodegradation data were not available(SRC, 2007).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 770(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 2.78(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that spironolactone is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). Volatilization from water surfaces is not expected(3) based upon an estimated Henry's Law constant of 1.1X10-10 atm-cu m/mole(SRC), developed using a fragment constant estimation method(4). According to a classification scheme(5), an estimated BCF of 27(SRC), from its log Kow(2) and a regression-derived equation(6), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Biodegradation data were not available(SRC, 2007).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), spironolactone, which has an estimated vapor pressure of 3.2X10-11 mm Hg at 25 deg C(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(2), is expected to exist solely in the particulate phase in the ambient atmosphere. Particulate-phase spironolactone may be removed from the air by wet or dry deposition(SRC). Spironolactone does not absorb light at wavelengths >290 nm(4) and therefore is not expected to be susceptible to direct photolysis by sunlight(SRC).
- DaXingAnLing Lingonberry Boreal Biotech Co.,Ltd:
- DaXingAnLing Lingonberry Group. We're a higher-tech group enterprise focused on plant extract and Dietary Supplements. The Lingonberry Company began on April in 2002, that was situated in the DaXingAnLing district in Heilongjiang province. With the benefit of abundant sources in Daxinganling primitive forests, we are able to have continuous and Top quality recycleables. You will find three primary production subdivisions we've: plant extraction branch, juice production branch and IQF Deep freezed fruit branch. We have our very own biology research center for food supplement components. Greater than 90% in our items are released to Japan and Europe. The Lingonberry Company was granted blueberry anthocyanin high and professional technology industrialized implement base by Heilongjiang
- ZIBO EYUAN IMPORT&EXPORT CO.,LTD:
- Zibo Eyuan Import &lifier Export Co., Ltd. Zibo Eyuan Import &lifier Export Co., Ltd. is a company established with the approvalof the Foreign Trade &economic cooperation Bureau and Customs General Administration. The Organization is an expert in the development of foreign technology, import and export of items and recycleables in large amounts. Our organization mainly involved in worldwide trade, import and export agents, materials processing, compensation trade, the import and export of products and technology business (except national and special permission that is specifically prohibited). otherwise, we offer the agent from the whole import-export services for domestic and foreign clients, specifically for individuals businesses and people who haven't the posting &lif
- Lianyungang Dongtai Food Ingredients Co.,LTD:
- Lianyungang Dongtai Foodingredients co.,ltd like a high-tech enterprise focused on creating phosphates,Citrates,carbonates,ETC.That are broadly utilized in meals,drinks,pharmaceutical drugs and daily chemicals.We are able to produce 8000-12000 tons phosphates each year,and 7000-10000 tons citrates each year.To be precise,It offers calcium phosphates,Sodium Phosphates, Potassium Phosphates,magnsium phosphates, calcium citrates ,sodium Citrates, potassium Citrates, magnsium citrates andzinc Citrates.
- Oster biological technology co.,LTD:
- It had been our great recognition introducing our organization. We,Oster biological technology co., LTD established at first of 2000 and growing quickly since, which one of the main providers in China serving the requirements of esteemed marketers and clients globally. We're renowned for our good quality, huge discounts, Safe package and Prompt Delivery. Therefore, we are able to fully satisfy the de-mands and possess a large subscriber base. I was very delighted to let you know we have setup our market network around the globe and have steady clients in 60 nations for example America, French, Italia, Russia,portugal, India, Arab, Africa, ETC. Should you arrived at China and Need any help, just give us a call or send us an email. we are able to support you in
- Shandong Yaroma Perfumery Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Shandong Yaroma Perfumery Co., Ltd. manufactures & supplies tastes, Scents, aromatic chemicals and Acrylic. Our aromatic chemicals include acetophenone, Allyl caproate, Benzyl Benzoate, Borneol Flakes, Cinnamic alcohol, Diphenyl Oxide and Cinnamic alcohol. Food chemicals include saccharin sodium, Citric acidity, Stevia extract, phosphoric acidity and Tartaric acidity.
- Laizhou Chengda Machinery Co.,LTD SX:
- Laizhou Chengda Machinery Co., Ltd. was founded in 1992,Website:http://www.pelletizerchengda.com, which is a high tech enterprise that integrates new product design, development, manufacturing and international trade business. Main products: flat die pellet mill,wood chipper, hammer mill,pellet cooler and cutting wood machine etc.. The straw pellet mill , sawdust and biomass pellet mill and other new energy equipment have passed ISO9001 international quality management system certification and European CE certification. The product has covered the domestic market and exported to EU countries and the US , Canada, Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Russia, Ukraine, more than 90 countries and regions.
- Shenzhen Minshunlong Trading Co.,Ltd:
- Starting with eco friendly,Website:http://www.bambooproductoem.com, long lasting and durable bamboo, we are dedicated to customized bamboo kitchenware & house ware, gifts, bamboo cutting boards, bamboo bowls, bamboo storage and organization, bamboo furniture, which are FOOD SAFE in FDA standard. Bamboo is the choice of many environmentalists, as a harder grass, it's sustainable, renewable resource that needs no chemicals to thrive or to be harvested. We harvest the bamboo wood between 5-7 years when bamboo at its strongest, selecting premium grade bamboo, with highly skilled craftsmen, then produce and create unique and innovative bamboo products.
- Emerald-Shanghai Incorporation:
- profile: Emerald-Shanghai Incorporation concentrates on the trade of medical recycleables, pharmaceutical intermediates and apis. Our intermediate items include 1,4-androstadiene-3,17-dione, 19- nor-5(10)-androstene-3,17-dione, androst-5-ene-3,6,17-triol, (c,T)/4,17-pregnadiene-3,16-dione, 7-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone and androst-5,15-diene-3-hydroxy-17-one. We provide APIs for example albendazole, Amantadine, Amikacin Sulfate, Atropine Sulfate,betamethasone base, Butaphosphan, Chloramphenicol, Ciprofloxacin, cloranfenicol levogiro, Cloxacillin Benzathine,dexamethasone base and Erythromycin Thiocyanate.
- Shaanxi Longfu Bio-chemical CO., LTD:
- Our factory is one of the leading manufacturer to produce standardizing extracts of chinese medicine, Botanicals and fine chemicals, and it is located in the middle of QinBa Mountain which has reputed with ''natural herb treasure house ''in Xi&rsquoan,Shaanxi,China, the production base covereda place of fifty acres. Shaanxi Longfu Bio-chemical Engineering Co., Ltd maintains a strict quality control program based GMP to make sure consistent quality product.,Owing many reputed professors from the plant extract Field to recognize the
- Shanghai MEG Corporation:
- Shanghai MEG Corporation may be the Leading Producer and Exporter of AGROCHEMICALS AND Pesticide sprays. We're Conveying our Goods in morethan 40 Nations. We're quite strong to provide IMIDACLOPRID, acetamiprid, cypermethrin, LUFENURON, CHLORFENAPYR, AZOXYSTROBIN, Glyphosate, PARAQUATE,dicamba and a lot of items. Interested buyer can connection with us on email@example.com , Skype: shafiqqadri
- Shenzhen Winkey Bio-Tech Co.,Ltd.:
- Located in the city of Shenzhen ,China, Winkey Bio is really a premium cooperation concentrating on technology, Innovation and qc of natural herbal items including plant extracts, high-wholesomeness natural active components and Intermediates, herbal reference or standard chemicals./ / Winkey Bio has lengthy-standing dedication to offer high-quality items to clients throughout world by having an ISO 9001:2000 certification and a full compliance license in cGMP production/ / We measure our success largely on the prosperity of the clients using our items, therefore we goal is the greatest quality natural herbal items manufacturer available.