- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:34202-69-2
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate ( CASNO:34202-69-2 )
Identification and Related Records
- Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate
- CAS Registry number:
- Hexafluoro acetone trihydrate
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Colorless gas with a musty odor. Hydroscopic.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- COLORLESS GAS
Colorless gas [Note: Shipped as a liquefied compressed gas].
- Spectral properties:
- IR: 6840 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
MASS: 1076 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.021919 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:17.1
Heavy Atom Count:10
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Highly Toxic
- A poison by ingestion and skin contact. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F?. See also HEXAFLUOROACETONE.
Safety information of Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate (34202-69-2):
Hazard Codes? T
Risk Statements? 23/24/25-34-63
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R34: Causes burns
R63: Possible risk of harm to the unborn child?
Safety Statements? 26-36/37/39-45
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show label where possible)
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection?
RIDADR? UN 2552 6.1/PG 2
WGK Germany? 3
Hazard Note? Highly Toxic
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- HIGH /ACUTE/ IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES & MUCOUS MEMBRANES BY INHALATION & POSSIBLY DERMAL ROUTES. ...
- UN 2552
- AS PRESENTLY AVAIL, ITS PURITY IS AT LEAST 99.5% & COMMONLY EXCEEDS 99.9%.
MINIMUM PURITY 95%.
- DOT Emergency Guidelines:
- If ... THERE IS NO FIRE, go directly to the Table of Initial Isolation and Protective Action Distances /(see table below)/ ... to obtain initial isolation and protective action distances. IF THERE IS A FIRE, or IF A FIRE IS INVOLVED, go directly to the appropriate guide /(see guide(s) below)/ and use the evacuation information shown under PUBLIC SAFETY. Table of Isolation and Protective Action Distances for Hexafluoroacetone Small Spills (from a small package or small leak from a large package) -------------------- First ISOLATE in all Directions 30 meters (100 feet) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during DAY: 0.3 kilometers (0.2 miles) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during NIGHT: 1.3 kilometers (0.8 miles) ==================== Large Spills (from a large package or from many small packages) -------------------- First ISOLATE in all Directions 800 meters (2500 feet) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during DAY: 7.2 kilometers (4.5 miles) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during NIGHT: 11.0+ kilometers (7.0+ miles)
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Health: TOXIC; may be fatal if inhaled, ingested or absorbed through skin. Vapors are extremely irritating and corrosive. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Fire or Explosion: Some may burn, but none ignite readily. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. Some of these materials may react violently with water. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release toxic and/or corrosive gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Public Safety: CALL Emergency Response Telephone Number ... . As an immediate precautionary measure, isolate spill or leak area for at least 100 meters (330 feet) in all directions. Keep unauthorized personnel away. Stay upwind. Many gases are heavier than air and will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Keep out of low areas. Ventilate closed spaces before entering.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Protective Clothing: Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Wear chemical protective clothing that is specifically recommended by the manufacturer. It may provide little or no thermal protection. Structural firefighters' protective clothing provides limited protection in fire situations ONLY; it is not effective in spill situations where direct contact with the substance is possible.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Evacuation: ... Fire: If tank, rail car or tank truck is involved in a fire, ISOLATE for 1600 meters (1 mile) in all directions; also, consider initial evacuation for 1600 meters (1 mile) in all directions.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Fire: Small fires: Dry chemical or CO2. Large fires: Water spray, fog or regular foam. Move containers from fire area if you can do it without risk. Do not get water inside containers. Damaged cylinders should be handled only by specialists. Fire involving tanks: Fight fire from maximum distance or use unmanned hose holders or monitor nozzles. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. Do not direct water at source of leak or safety devices; icing may occur. Withdraw immediately in case of rising sound from venting safety devices or discoloration of tank. ALWAYS stay away from tanks engulfed in fire.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Spill or Leak: Fully encapsulating, vapor protective clothing should be worn for spills and leaks with no fire. Do not touch or walk through spilled material. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. If possible, turn leaking containers so that gas escapes rather than liquid. Prevent entry into waterways, sewers, basements or confined areas. Do not direct water at spill or source of leak. Use water spray to reduce vapors or divert vapor cloud drift. Avoid allowing water runoff to contact spilled material. Isolate area until gas has dispersed.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ First Aid: Move victim to fresh air. Call 911 or emergency medical service. Give artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; give artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with liquefied gas, thaw frosted parts with lukewarm water. In case of contact with substance, immediately flush skin or eyes with running water for at least 20 minutes. ... Keep victim warm and quiet. Keep victim under observation. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved and take precautions to protect themselves.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Water and acids. [Note: Hygroscopic (ie, absorbs moisture from the air); reacts with moisture to form a highly acidic sesquihydrate.]
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent the skin from becoming frozen from contact with the liquid or from contact with vessels containing the liquid.
Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact. Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact with the liquid that could result in burns or tissue damage from frostbite.
Quick drench facilities and/or eye wash fountains should be provided within the immediate work area for emergency use where there is any possibility of exposure to liquids that are extremely cold or rapidly evaporating.
- Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- Log Kow = 1.46
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is prepared from acetone in low yield by direct fluorination
1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is manufactured by perchlorination of acetone, followed by reaction with hydrogen fluoride and a chromium catalyst. Separation of the product from excess hydrogen fluoride requires the use of a hydrogen fluoride acceptor, such as activated sodium fluoride or acetic anhydride.
The rearrangement of hexafluoropropyleneoxide induced by Lewis acids is an attractive new route that avoids the highly toxic sym-dichlorotetrafluoro- and chloropentafluoroacetones.
- Used in organic synthesis, but it is also the main chemical intermediate used in the production of hexafluoroisopropanol, as well as polymethyl methacrylates and polyesters for textile coating. .
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Most of an injected dose of radiolabeled HFA was excreted by the rat rapidly and unmetabolized in the urine, and no unusual accumulation or retention of HFA occurred in the testes.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: An estimated Koc of 150(1,SRC), based on an experimental log Kow(2), indicates that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone will have moderate mobility in soil(3,SRC). In moist soils, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone is expected to vigorously react with water producing 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2,2-propanediol, a stable solid hydrate as well as liquid hydrates(4,5). If released to dry soils, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone may quickly volatilize based on a vapor pressure of 5 mm Hg at 25 deg C(6,SRC). 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone on soil surfaces may photolyse(SRC); this compound decomposes under UV irradiation to trifluoromethyl radicals and carbon monoxide(7).
AQUATIC FATE: 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is expected to vigorously react with water producing 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2,2-propanediol, a stable solid hydrate as well as liquid hydrates(1,2). This is expected to be a major fate process for 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone in aquatic systems(SRC). An estimated BCF value of 8(4), based on an experimental log Kow(3), indicates that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone should not bioconcentrate in aquatic organisms(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: Based on a vapor pressure of 5.0 mm Hg at 25 deg C(1,SRC), as extrapolated from experimentally derived coefficients, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone will exist solely in the vapor phase(2,SRC). 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone absorbs in the 220 to 400 nm region with a lambda max of 302 nm(2) and may thus directly photolyse(3,SRC). This compound decomposes under UV irradiation to trifluoromethyl radicals and carbon monoxide(3). The rate constant for the vapor-phase reaction of 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals has been estimated to be less than 1X10-16 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(4,SRC) indicating that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone is essentially non-reactive and that degradation via hydroxyl radical reaction is not a major fate process for this compound in the atmosphere(SRC).
- Hangzhou Xute Sanitary Ware Co.,Ltd.:
- Place exactly how they want it, somewhere to nourish body and soul. From the daily existence. the right place. A location to find yourself. A spot for the soul.We feel that Xute showers offers these special characteristics. Somewhere that people can retreat, move away from the everyday and recharge their batteries. We have seen it as being our business to aid you in the style of the ideal shower. That perfect private spot for you and your soul.//http://world wide web.shower-bathroom.com
- Shanghai ChunHe Biotechnology CO.,Ltd:
- Shanghai ChunHe Biotechnology CO.,Ltd. concentrates on fine chemicals, APIS &APIS' Intermediates' development, manufacturing, sales and technical services.We've strong technical pressure in organic synthesis, by having an independent cool product development abilities, our company specializes within the research and growth and development of high obstacles and quality value-added in addition to chiral APIS&APIS' Intermediates supplying customers rich in quality items and perfect technical service.We'll stick to high standards, high quality, high credibility from the development objectives, and We cordially welcome home and abroad to determine mutual trust, mutual benefit, stable relations of cooperation.
- Yuebian Electric Co. Ltd:
- Yuebian Electric Co.,Ltd. Is a comprehensive enterprise which integrates development with production,Website:http://www.yb-electrics.com, sales and service based on the main business of transformers. Established in 1985, the company is located in Yueqing Jiedai industrial Park, Zhejiang Province with good name of being “China’s Electric Appliance Capital”. And Yuebian Electric Co.,Ltd. have set up a trading company in 2015, branch is called Yueqing Yuebian Import & Export Co.,Ltd. The Company owns advanced production equipment, sound product detecting system and quality assurance system. Its comprehensive strength has been far ahead of other enterprises in the same industry depending on outstanding talents, superior technology and advanced managerial experience. Main products include “Yueb
- MS TELECOM CO.,LTD:
- MS TELECOM is well-know chinese antenna manufacturer as the leading wireless antenna supplier from 2G/GSM to 3G and now 4G LTE along with GPS and ISM bands. As the leading cellular wireless producer and distributor for many years,Website:http://www.rf-ant.com, we have helped support many wireless antenna projects all over the world.
- Laizhou Yunlong Plastics Products co., LTD.:
- ? Laizhou Yunlong Plastics Products co., LTD. is a joint-equity enterprise that scientific research,Website:http://www.yunlongrubber.com, development, production are combined into one, which has now grown into a provincial standardization enterprise. The enterprise has strong technical force , there are 20 more engineers and technicists, 10 more testing and inspection equipments, two rubber hose production lines which advanced level at home. It is a good faith enterprise in shandong rubber industry and AAA unit of financial system in china. ? The main production of our company are dedicated rubber hose for various industries, wihic are mainly sold to Germany, Italy, Spain, Dubai, Brazil , Chile, and Malaysia and Singapore of Southeast Asian countries. The company now has international qu
- Hunan Dinuo Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd.:
- Hunan Dinuo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Established in 1997, situated in National Biological Industry Base in Changsha, Hunan Province,China. Our vegetation is ISO 9001-2008 and GMP approved, that is a technological difficulty enterprise mainly centered on the study and development, Manufacture and marketing of APIs. We adher to the idea of "More health, more happiness!" Dinuo Pharmaceutical specializes in value added high technology Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API), likeatorvastatin calcium (CAS No.: 134523-03-8), Bufexamac (CAS No.: 2438-72-4), Dantrolene Sodium(CAS No.: 24868-20-),pantoprazole sodium (CAS No.: 138786-67-1), Telmisartan (CAS No.: 144701-48-4), Sodium Valproate (CAS No.: 1069-66-5 ) and the like. Since the intestinal, skin care, cardiovascular, Antibiotic and Ot
- The Sun Chemical Limited:
- Increase Basket Increase Company Faves The Sun's Rays CHEMICAL LIMITED is situated within the northern section of Shandong Province, Because the professional manufacturer and exporter water treatment chemicals in China. And we're the greatest supplier of polyaluminium chloride in Shandong Province There's an annual production capacity of 20, 000 tons. Our items are broadly utilized in domestic and overseas water treatment marketplaces for cleansing industrial waste water and H2o.Our factory is principally involved in PAC and is outfitted with advanced equipment and the cutting age technology within the laboratory. Our experts convey more than twenty experience in this subject, exploring and developing water treatment techniques. We are able to make sure the supervision with minor modi
- Acetar Bio-Tech Inc.:
- profile: Acetar Bio-Tech Corporation. is involved in research and growth and development of nutraceutical components. We provide a variety of botanical extracts, Herbal Powders and dietary components towards the food, Beverage, pharmaceutical & cosmetic industries. Our plant extracts include sclareol, resveratrol supplements, Echinacea extract, Epimedium extract, Silybin, Pomegranate seed extract and Gynostemma Extract. Our sclareolide and sclareol are utilized to synthesis perfume components ambrox. Our astragalus consists of saponins, which supplies postive impact on heart function by suppressing the development of fat peroxide within the myocardium and lowering bloodstream coagulation.