- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:34202-69-2
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate ( CASNO:34202-69-2 )
Identification and Related Records
- Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate
- CAS Registry number:
- Hexafluoro acetone trihydrate
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Colorless gas with a musty odor. Hydroscopic.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- COLORLESS GAS
Colorless gas [Note: Shipped as a liquefied compressed gas].
- Spectral properties:
- IR: 6840 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
MASS: 1076 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.021919 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:17.1
Heavy Atom Count:10
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Highly Toxic
- A poison by ingestion and skin contact. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F?. See also HEXAFLUOROACETONE.
Safety information of Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate (34202-69-2):
Hazard Codes? T
Risk Statements? 23/24/25-34-63
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R34: Causes burns
R63: Possible risk of harm to the unborn child?
Safety Statements? 26-36/37/39-45
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show label where possible)
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection?
RIDADR? UN 2552 6.1/PG 2
WGK Germany? 3
Hazard Note? Highly Toxic
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- HIGH /ACUTE/ IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES & MUCOUS MEMBRANES BY INHALATION & POSSIBLY DERMAL ROUTES. ...
- UN 2552
- AS PRESENTLY AVAIL, ITS PURITY IS AT LEAST 99.5% & COMMONLY EXCEEDS 99.9%.
MINIMUM PURITY 95%.
- DOT Emergency Guidelines:
- If ... THERE IS NO FIRE, go directly to the Table of Initial Isolation and Protective Action Distances /(see table below)/ ... to obtain initial isolation and protective action distances. IF THERE IS A FIRE, or IF A FIRE IS INVOLVED, go directly to the appropriate guide /(see guide(s) below)/ and use the evacuation information shown under PUBLIC SAFETY. Table of Isolation and Protective Action Distances for Hexafluoroacetone Small Spills (from a small package or small leak from a large package) -------------------- First ISOLATE in all Directions 30 meters (100 feet) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during DAY: 0.3 kilometers (0.2 miles) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during NIGHT: 1.3 kilometers (0.8 miles) ==================== Large Spills (from a large package or from many small packages) -------------------- First ISOLATE in all Directions 800 meters (2500 feet) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during DAY: 7.2 kilometers (4.5 miles) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during NIGHT: 11.0+ kilometers (7.0+ miles)
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Health: TOXIC; may be fatal if inhaled, ingested or absorbed through skin. Vapors are extremely irritating and corrosive. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Fire or Explosion: Some may burn, but none ignite readily. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. Some of these materials may react violently with water. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release toxic and/or corrosive gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Public Safety: CALL Emergency Response Telephone Number ... . As an immediate precautionary measure, isolate spill or leak area for at least 100 meters (330 feet) in all directions. Keep unauthorized personnel away. Stay upwind. Many gases are heavier than air and will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Keep out of low areas. Ventilate closed spaces before entering.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Protective Clothing: Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Wear chemical protective clothing that is specifically recommended by the manufacturer. It may provide little or no thermal protection. Structural firefighters' protective clothing provides limited protection in fire situations ONLY; it is not effective in spill situations where direct contact with the substance is possible.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Evacuation: ... Fire: If tank, rail car or tank truck is involved in a fire, ISOLATE for 1600 meters (1 mile) in all directions; also, consider initial evacuation for 1600 meters (1 mile) in all directions.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Fire: Small fires: Dry chemical or CO2. Large fires: Water spray, fog or regular foam. Move containers from fire area if you can do it without risk. Do not get water inside containers. Damaged cylinders should be handled only by specialists. Fire involving tanks: Fight fire from maximum distance or use unmanned hose holders or monitor nozzles. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. Do not direct water at source of leak or safety devices; icing may occur. Withdraw immediately in case of rising sound from venting safety devices or discoloration of tank. ALWAYS stay away from tanks engulfed in fire.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Spill or Leak: Fully encapsulating, vapor protective clothing should be worn for spills and leaks with no fire. Do not touch or walk through spilled material. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. If possible, turn leaking containers so that gas escapes rather than liquid. Prevent entry into waterways, sewers, basements or confined areas. Do not direct water at spill or source of leak. Use water spray to reduce vapors or divert vapor cloud drift. Avoid allowing water runoff to contact spilled material. Isolate area until gas has dispersed.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ First Aid: Move victim to fresh air. Call 911 or emergency medical service. Give artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; give artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with liquefied gas, thaw frosted parts with lukewarm water. In case of contact with substance, immediately flush skin or eyes with running water for at least 20 minutes. ... Keep victim warm and quiet. Keep victim under observation. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved and take precautions to protect themselves.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Water and acids. [Note: Hygroscopic (ie, absorbs moisture from the air); reacts with moisture to form a highly acidic sesquihydrate.]
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent the skin from becoming frozen from contact with the liquid or from contact with vessels containing the liquid.
Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact. Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact with the liquid that could result in burns or tissue damage from frostbite.
Quick drench facilities and/or eye wash fountains should be provided within the immediate work area for emergency use where there is any possibility of exposure to liquids that are extremely cold or rapidly evaporating.
- Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- Log Kow = 1.46
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is prepared from acetone in low yield by direct fluorination
1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is manufactured by perchlorination of acetone, followed by reaction with hydrogen fluoride and a chromium catalyst. Separation of the product from excess hydrogen fluoride requires the use of a hydrogen fluoride acceptor, such as activated sodium fluoride or acetic anhydride.
The rearrangement of hexafluoropropyleneoxide induced by Lewis acids is an attractive new route that avoids the highly toxic sym-dichlorotetrafluoro- and chloropentafluoroacetones.
- Used in organic synthesis, but it is also the main chemical intermediate used in the production of hexafluoroisopropanol, as well as polymethyl methacrylates and polyesters for textile coating. .
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Most of an injected dose of radiolabeled HFA was excreted by the rat rapidly and unmetabolized in the urine, and no unusual accumulation or retention of HFA occurred in the testes.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: An estimated Koc of 150(1,SRC), based on an experimental log Kow(2), indicates that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone will have moderate mobility in soil(3,SRC). In moist soils, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone is expected to vigorously react with water producing 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2,2-propanediol, a stable solid hydrate as well as liquid hydrates(4,5). If released to dry soils, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone may quickly volatilize based on a vapor pressure of 5 mm Hg at 25 deg C(6,SRC). 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone on soil surfaces may photolyse(SRC); this compound decomposes under UV irradiation to trifluoromethyl radicals and carbon monoxide(7).
AQUATIC FATE: 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is expected to vigorously react with water producing 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2,2-propanediol, a stable solid hydrate as well as liquid hydrates(1,2). This is expected to be a major fate process for 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone in aquatic systems(SRC). An estimated BCF value of 8(4), based on an experimental log Kow(3), indicates that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone should not bioconcentrate in aquatic organisms(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: Based on a vapor pressure of 5.0 mm Hg at 25 deg C(1,SRC), as extrapolated from experimentally derived coefficients, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone will exist solely in the vapor phase(2,SRC). 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone absorbs in the 220 to 400 nm region with a lambda max of 302 nm(2) and may thus directly photolyse(3,SRC). This compound decomposes under UV irradiation to trifluoromethyl radicals and carbon monoxide(3). The rate constant for the vapor-phase reaction of 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals has been estimated to be less than 1X10-16 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(4,SRC) indicating that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone is essentially non-reactive and that degradation via hydroxyl radical reaction is not a major fate process for this compound in the atmosphere(SRC).
- Henan Zongxiang Heavy Industry Import&Export Co.,ltd:
- Henan Zongxiang Heavy Industry Import&Export Co.,ltd. Is specializing in producing,Website:http://www.zxsteelrail.com, processing and trading steel rails, mine support products, steel plates, steel strip, flanges and relative accessories. With twenty years of persistent efforts, Zongxiang has established two production bases and three trading companies located in Hebei, Henan, Guizhou and Shanghai. We believes in creating value through responding rapidly to market demands, cost-efficient operations and customer satisfaction. With nearly twenty thousand tons of raw materials in stock and four warehouses, we can satisfy customer demands rapidly, and supply professional sales service including storage, transportation and distribution. As a result, Zongxiang has become a famous brand in China
- AOPHARM is really a comprehensive manufacturer and an worldwide distribution of chemicals around the world. focused on APIs, advanced intermediates, Botanical Extract and Color industry. We goal to get leading position in global distribution and buying and selling with different rather unique mixture of technical skill, unrivalled supplier network, market understanding and a complete dedication to client satisfaction. Within management team with professional encounters in chemical development, a pathbreaking optimisation within our R&D center, advanced multi-purpose factory and large-scale production bases with GMP, We are able to finish synthesis as client needs and provide our clients for assured supply, top quality items, Low costs and integrated excellent services. Aopharm Headqua
- Guangzhou Herbs-Ex Co., Ltd:
- Company Profile Guangzhou Herbal treatments Ex Co.,Ltd. is really a market-oriented and research driven company located in China. She's a cutting-edge manufacturer of botanical and NATURAL Elements, serving the world producers of drugs, health meals, Functional beverage,Personal care elements and Cosmetics. The Organization&rsquos products is wide, varying from powder extracts to essential oils,(eg. Ginger root acrylic etc.) from normal solvent extracts to SCFE (Supercritical Fluid Extraction) products, by which simply no solvent residue. Herbal treatments-Ex also provides value-added services for example formulation design, developing of recent product, Model Test, technique training, medical trial and Contract Manufacturing. Herbal treatments-Ex&rsquos proper goals should
- Shandong Tiantai Steel-Plastic Co.,Ltd:
- Shandong Tiantai Steel-Plastic Co.,Ltd.Founded in March,2005,is situated in Gaotang County,Shandong Province.without any.308 Condition Road within the north,six kilometers from Qingyin Highway, we have a handy transportation. Our predecessor is Gaotang Zhucheng Charging Co.,Ltd.At the moment we've fixed assets 50 million yuan. Like a medium size corporation, we commit to the processing of steel-making furnace,manufacturing of paper materials.We've subsidiary companies including:Beijing Shizhu Energy Equipments Co.,Ltd.,Shandong Kuntai Borui Co.,Ltd.,ETC.We adopt advanced worldwide equipments and first-class manufacturing technology.The caliber of our items have arrived at the worldwide advanced level. Our items include:Solid line calcium ammonium sulfate, manganese line, carburant, pvc pro
- QINGDAO KANGQIAO MECHANERY CO.,LTD:
- QINGDAO KANGQIAO MACHINERY CO.,LTD.is one of China's leading tyre mould manufacturers. close to Liuting International Airport. This is a good place that have concentrated industries,Website:http://www.china-tyre-moulds.com, convenient transportation and advanced communication. The company occupies 10,000 square meters, with total assets of more than 10 million, 99 employees,35 engineering and technical personnel, and 5 senior professional and technical personnel.? ?? We mainly produce giant tyre mould, bicycle tyre moulds, motorcycle tyre moulds, ATV tyre moulds and agricultural tyre moulds. All the products are designed with the adoption of three-dimensional CAD system and made with CAM. Besides, we use high-tech equipment such as digital-controlled EDM shaping machines, electrode engravi
- Shengda Tech Inc.:
- profile: Shengda Tech Corporation. manufactures nano precipitated calcium carbonate items. Our nano precipitated calcium carbonate can be used being an additive in a variety of items.
- shanghai raise chemical technology Co.,Ltd:
- RS chemical technology Co.,Ltd is focused on the synthesis and sales all sorts of chemicals. We've broad experience of the synthesis of intermediates, and every year we provide hundreds of compounds to our customers
- Anhui Yawei Machine Tool Manufacturing Co., Ltd:
- Anhui Yawei was established in 2005 by the Managing Director,Website:http://www.ahycncs.net, Mr Zhang Xiaoping,who has overseen growth and development of the company from one family organization through to today which has highly qualified team of 100 staff and production area of 46,000 square meters with CNC modern production facility. Our employees are highly trained &qualified machine operators and assembly, most of them joined us more than 8 years with wonderful company acceptance.With an accomplished background in the sheet metal machinery industry, Mr Zhang was a qualified machinery&tools designer and production manager 30 years ago;then he founded another two sheet metal machinery companies(manufacture CNC press brakes and hydraulic shears) together with his friends before creating
- CV. Starindo Gemilang:
- We're Indonesian-based buying and selling company which coping with various local items for export reasons. We're selling our services and focusing on commission basis.
- Tianjin Hong Sheng Li Chemical Co., Ltd:
- (firstname.lastname@example.org).Tianjin HongShengLi Chemical Industry Company Limited is among the leading providers in Chemicals and fine chemicals in China. Hold two Manufacturing sites, the mind office is situated in Tianjin city. With lots of years experience serving our clients, we goal to supply our clients the very best business solution.Likes the self-management import and export capacity to provide top quality items, such aszinc Oxide, titanium dioxide, Caustic soda,carbon black, Aluminium Sulfate, FERRIC OXIDE, Stearic Acidity, formic acidity, Oxalic Acidity, sodium sulfate, sodium pyrosulfite, potassium nitrate and the like, With higher quality and the specialized, fervent service, HongShengLi Chemical has won many clients trust and Support. we is constantly strictly stick to the "
- Inter-Chemical Ltd.:
- profile: Inter-Chemical Ltd. manufactures pharmaceutical intermediates for bio-chemicals, surfactants and special chemicals. We offer kallidinogenase, deoxyribonuclease, chymotrypsin, Streptokinase, lysostaphin, trypsin, Elastase, Aprotinin and urokinase.