- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:34202-69-2
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate ( CASNO:34202-69-2 )
Identification and Related Records
- Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate
- CAS Registry number:
- Hexafluoro acetone trihydrate
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Colorless gas with a musty odor. Hydroscopic.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- COLORLESS GAS
Colorless gas [Note: Shipped as a liquefied compressed gas].
- Spectral properties:
- IR: 6840 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
MASS: 1076 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:166.021919 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:17.1
Heavy Atom Count:10
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Effective Rotor Count:2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Highly Toxic
- A poison by ingestion and skin contact. An experimental teratogen. Experimental reproductive effects. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of F?. See also HEXAFLUOROACETONE.
Safety information of Hexafluoroacetone trihydrate (34202-69-2):
Hazard Codes? T
Risk Statements? 23/24/25-34-63
R23/24/25: Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed
R34: Causes burns
R63: Possible risk of harm to the unborn child?
Safety Statements? 26-36/37/39-45
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show label where possible)
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection?
RIDADR? UN 2552 6.1/PG 2
WGK Germany? 3
Hazard Note? Highly Toxic
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- HIGH /ACUTE/ IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES & MUCOUS MEMBRANES BY INHALATION & POSSIBLY DERMAL ROUTES. ...
- UN 2552
- AS PRESENTLY AVAIL, ITS PURITY IS AT LEAST 99.5% & COMMONLY EXCEEDS 99.9%.
MINIMUM PURITY 95%.
- DOT Emergency Guidelines:
- If ... THERE IS NO FIRE, go directly to the Table of Initial Isolation and Protective Action Distances /(see table below)/ ... to obtain initial isolation and protective action distances. IF THERE IS A FIRE, or IF A FIRE IS INVOLVED, go directly to the appropriate guide /(see guide(s) below)/ and use the evacuation information shown under PUBLIC SAFETY. Table of Isolation and Protective Action Distances for Hexafluoroacetone Small Spills (from a small package or small leak from a large package) -------------------- First ISOLATE in all Directions 30 meters (100 feet) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during DAY: 0.3 kilometers (0.2 miles) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during NIGHT: 1.3 kilometers (0.8 miles) ==================== Large Spills (from a large package or from many small packages) -------------------- First ISOLATE in all Directions 800 meters (2500 feet) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during DAY: 7.2 kilometers (4.5 miles) Then PROTECT persons Downwind during NIGHT: 11.0+ kilometers (7.0+ miles)
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Health: TOXIC; may be fatal if inhaled, ingested or absorbed through skin. Vapors are extremely irritating and corrosive. Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Fire or Explosion: Some may burn, but none ignite readily. Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. Some of these materials may react violently with water. Cylinders exposed to fire may vent and release toxic and/or corrosive gas through pressure relief devices. Containers may explode when heated. Ruptured cylinders may rocket.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Public Safety: CALL Emergency Response Telephone Number ... . As an immediate precautionary measure, isolate spill or leak area for at least 100 meters (330 feet) in all directions. Keep unauthorized personnel away. Stay upwind. Many gases are heavier than air and will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Keep out of low areas. Ventilate closed spaces before entering.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Protective Clothing: Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Wear chemical protective clothing that is specifically recommended by the manufacturer. It may provide little or no thermal protection. Structural firefighters' protective clothing provides limited protection in fire situations ONLY; it is not effective in spill situations where direct contact with the substance is possible.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Evacuation: ... Fire: If tank, rail car or tank truck is involved in a fire, ISOLATE for 1600 meters (1 mile) in all directions; also, consider initial evacuation for 1600 meters (1 mile) in all directions.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Fire: Small fires: Dry chemical or CO2. Large fires: Water spray, fog or regular foam. Move containers from fire area if you can do it without risk. Do not get water inside containers. Damaged cylinders should be handled only by specialists. Fire involving tanks: Fight fire from maximum distance or use unmanned hose holders or monitor nozzles. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. Do not direct water at source of leak or safety devices; icing may occur. Withdraw immediately in case of rising sound from venting safety devices or discoloration of tank. ALWAYS stay away from tanks engulfed in fire.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ Spill or Leak: Fully encapsulating, vapor protective clothing should be worn for spills and leaks with no fire. Do not touch or walk through spilled material. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. If possible, turn leaking containers so that gas escapes rather than liquid. Prevent entry into waterways, sewers, basements or confined areas. Do not direct water at spill or source of leak. Use water spray to reduce vapors or divert vapor cloud drift. Avoid allowing water runoff to contact spilled material. Isolate area until gas has dispersed.
/GUIDE 125: GASES - CORROSIVE/ First Aid: Move victim to fresh air. Call 911 or emergency medical service. Give artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; give artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with liquefied gas, thaw frosted parts with lukewarm water. In case of contact with substance, immediately flush skin or eyes with running water for at least 20 minutes. ... Keep victim warm and quiet. Keep victim under observation. Effects of contact or inhalation may be delayed. Ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved and take precautions to protect themselves.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Water and acids. [Note: Hygroscopic (ie, absorbs moisture from the air); reacts with moisture to form a highly acidic sesquihydrate.]
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact. Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent the skin from becoming frozen from contact with the liquid or from contact with vessels containing the liquid.
Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact. Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact with the liquid that could result in burns or tissue damage from frostbite.
Quick drench facilities and/or eye wash fountains should be provided within the immediate work area for emergency use where there is any possibility of exposure to liquids that are extremely cold or rapidly evaporating.
- Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Cover with plastic sheet to prevent spreading. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- Log Kow = 1.46
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is prepared from acetone in low yield by direct fluorination
1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is manufactured by perchlorination of acetone, followed by reaction with hydrogen fluoride and a chromium catalyst. Separation of the product from excess hydrogen fluoride requires the use of a hydrogen fluoride acceptor, such as activated sodium fluoride or acetic anhydride.
The rearrangement of hexafluoropropyleneoxide induced by Lewis acids is an attractive new route that avoids the highly toxic sym-dichlorotetrafluoro- and chloropentafluoroacetones.
- Used in organic synthesis, but it is also the main chemical intermediate used in the production of hexafluoroisopropanol, as well as polymethyl methacrylates and polyesters for textile coating. .
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Most of an injected dose of radiolabeled HFA was excreted by the rat rapidly and unmetabolized in the urine, and no unusual accumulation or retention of HFA occurred in the testes.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: An estimated Koc of 150(1,SRC), based on an experimental log Kow(2), indicates that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone will have moderate mobility in soil(3,SRC). In moist soils, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone is expected to vigorously react with water producing 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2,2-propanediol, a stable solid hydrate as well as liquid hydrates(4,5). If released to dry soils, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone may quickly volatilize based on a vapor pressure of 5 mm Hg at 25 deg C(6,SRC). 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone on soil surfaces may photolyse(SRC); this compound decomposes under UV irradiation to trifluoromethyl radicals and carbon monoxide(7).
AQUATIC FATE: 1,1,1,3,3,3-Hexafluoro-2-propanone is expected to vigorously react with water producing 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2,2-propanediol, a stable solid hydrate as well as liquid hydrates(1,2). This is expected to be a major fate process for 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone in aquatic systems(SRC). An estimated BCF value of 8(4), based on an experimental log Kow(3), indicates that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone should not bioconcentrate in aquatic organisms(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: Based on a vapor pressure of 5.0 mm Hg at 25 deg C(1,SRC), as extrapolated from experimentally derived coefficients, 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone will exist solely in the vapor phase(2,SRC). 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone absorbs in the 220 to 400 nm region with a lambda max of 302 nm(2) and may thus directly photolyse(3,SRC). This compound decomposes under UV irradiation to trifluoromethyl radicals and carbon monoxide(3). The rate constant for the vapor-phase reaction of 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals has been estimated to be less than 1X10-16 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(4,SRC) indicating that 1,1,1,3,3,3-hexafluoro-2-propanone is essentially non-reactive and that degradation via hydroxyl radical reaction is not a major fate process for this compound in the atmosphere(SRC).
- SHANDONG MEIKA WHEEL CO., LTD.:
- Shandong Meika Wheel Co.,Ltd. founded in 2016 is an upgraded forging wheel manufacture based on the original Shandong Detong Wheel,Website:http://www.meikasafewheel.com,which has world advanced equipment and technology. With total 52million US dollars fixed assets, the most advanced forging process like CAD,CAM,CAE simulation, simulation tools are widely used in design and development, resulting in more accurate and rapid design. Located in Xishui industrial zone, Dongying city, Meika Wheel integrated enterprise involvs in design, production, processing and sales of automotive wheels. Product covers full range of truck aluminum wheel, truck steel wheel and tires. With total 52million US dollars fixed assets, the most advanced forging process like CAD,CAM,CAE simulation, simulation tools ar
- ShenZhen XINTAIAN Tech Co,.Ltd:
- Our company was established in 2009,Website:http://www.xtaeassystems.com, once called Shen Zhen Xin Tai An Tech Co,.Ltd . which product professional EAS system ,metal detector . Over the years development, Our technology of mental detectors is meeting the international high level and we have got a number of national patent. We have more than 3,000 square meters of research and production base and 1,000 square meters workshop with high-tech development district in Shenzhen.
- XING HE (TIANJIN) IMPORT & EXPORT CO.,LTD:
- XING HE (tianjin) Import & Export Co.,LTD is among leading businesses on chemical fields which situated in Hebei province, China. It is among greatest chemical manufacturer that may give a comprehensive selection of chemicals. It's also certainly one of backbone businesses in manufacturing and disbursing chemical items in China. Our items have passed ISO9001 certification such as the fundamental Inorganic and organic chemicals, dyestuffs, that are utilized in Paint & Coating Industry, rubber industry, Water-treatment Industry, feed industry, Fertilizer Industry, etc
- Henan Tianluo Wire&Cable Technology Co.,Ltd:
- Henan Tianluo Wire&Cable Technology Co.,Ltd has focused on top quality cable and wire products for over 10 years in China. We started as a small operation,Website:http://www.tianluocable.com, but now have become one of the leading suppliers in the cable industry in China. Today, Henan Tianluo Wire&Cable Technology Co.,Ltd has been one of the top producers of quality electric wire, cable and optical cable , such as: control cable, computer cable, security monitoring special cable, optical cable, armored optical cable,GJYXFCH?Connector, auto private wire and wiring harness, etc.
- Shanghai CelChem Company:
- profile: Shanghai CelChem Company is an expert in food chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs. We offer contract manufacturing, R&D and Outsourcing services. Our food chemicals include carboxymethycellulose, acidity sorbate, sodium benzonate, Citric acidity, garrageenan, tara gum, Potassium sorbate, Xanthan and gellen gum. Our oil chemicals are polycrylamide, plyanionic cellulose and MALEIC ANHYDRIDE. We offerether cellulose, HPMC, HEC,Iron Oxide and titanium dioxide.
- XI'AN TRUMP TOOLSTECH CO.,LTD:
- Xi’an TRUMP?TOOLSTECH?CO.,LIMITED was founded on 2005,Website:http://www.trumpappliance.com, we are professional manufacture for home appliance, such as portable gas stove,portable gas heater, coffee maker, toaster, juice extractor, etc. With 15000 square meters manufacturing base, TRUMP?TOOLSTECH?has plastic injection factory, hardware factory, mould tooling factory, products assemble factory and Electrical parts assemble factory. We have more than 300 workers and 4 production lines for assemble, the total production capacity can achieve more than 200,000 pcs monthly for all kinds of products. All of the products export to oversea market are compliant with CE, GS, RoHS, SGS, ETL,UL,TUV,LFGB, and our products have been sold to most of the countries in the world. TRUMP?TOOLSTECH?is com
- Jinan Rapid CNC Machinery Co,Ltd:
- Jinan Rapid CNC machinery Co.,Ltd is a dedicated manufacturer of CNC equipment back from Jinan city,Website:http://www.rapidcncmachinery.com,China . A bunch of people who has been in the field for more than decade joined together ,with the same passion and enthusiasm to build better CNC equipment,through years of hard working and research .That’s how Rapid CNC was born and our production lines came. Until now ,We have establish a whole production serial including : CNC Router machine ,Laser machine ,plasma machine,metal mold machine ,stone carving machine ,milling and drilling machine ,Styrofoam engraving and cutting machine, CNC cutting plotters,AGV(automatic guild vehicle) ,Escort robot,dinner deliver robot etc . According to Rapid CNC concept ,machine is easy ,all customers satisficat
- Shandong Oasis sweeteners Co.,Ltd:
- Oasis Sweeteners Co., Ltd（Shandong Oasis Industrial Co.,limited), situated in SHANDONG CHINA, is really a High-tech company focusing in developing, creating and marketing bulk sweeteners . Now ,We're already among the biggest sweetener manufacturer and Exporters in China . Having a dedication to excellence, we're striving to provide clients the best quality in our items and Services.
- Dusun Electron Ltd. EJ:
- Shenzhen General Systems Co., Limited focus on offering high-quality book printing and packaging services. With high self-requirement,Website:http://www.explosivedetector.net, we has always meet and even exceeded customer requirements. After three decades of rapid development, Shenzhen General Systems Group has become one of China's leading printing companies, and keep providing exquisite and efficient one-stop printing&packing services and fast logistics services globally.
- Shenzhen Salubris Pharma:
- Salubris is really a global integrated pharmaceutical group devoted towards the research, development, Manufacture, Marketing, distribution, and service of professional pharmaceutical and health care items to create more healthy and more happy existence to individuals worldwide through world-leading quality and improvements.Shenzhen Salubris Pharmaceutical drugs Co., Ltd. is really a professional pharmaceutical enterprise rooted in China and dedicated to enhancing health worldwide. The organization concentrates on the latest generation of innovative and niche medicine, and is definitely an worldwide organization having and continuously developing condition-of-the-art technologies and items, and continues to be acknowledged as a sophisticated technology enterprise and innovative high-tec
- Hebei YongTai-Create Chemicals Co.,Ltd:
- profile: Hebei YongTai?Create Chemicals Co., Ltd is definitely an ISO 9001-2000 licensed company. We concentrate on researching, developing and creating special fine chemicals. We produce and sell six ranges of items for example top quality acidity dyes, dye intermediates, pharmaceutical drugs intermediates, food colorant, surfactant agent and special chemicals. Our 3-nitrophenol can be used for dyes intermediate. We provide organic intermediate, which is often used in creating pesticide, medicament and rubber.
- chem source egypt:
- ChemSource is apremier tradingcompany located in Cairo, Egypt established in 2013 using the goal to assist the Egyptian Economy to develop by supporting small and medium size producers in conveying their items. The companyis also offering innovative items in neuro-scientific chemicals, additives, and industrial recycleables with different profound knowledge of diverse industrial needs. ChemSourcestretches its achieve all over the world for its customer's needs. With itsprofessional staff andProduct Understanding,