- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:26787-78-0
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Amoxicillin ( CASNO:26787-78-0 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- 4-Thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylicacid, 6-[2-amino-2-(p-hydroxyphenyl)acetamido]-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-, D- (8CI)
4-Thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane-2-carboxylic acid,6-[[amino(4-hydroxyphenyl)acetyl]amino]-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-, [2S-[2a,5a,6b(S*)]]-
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
- Isomers smiles:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Boiling Point:
- 743.2 °C at 760 mmHg
- 3.39E-23mmHg at 25°C
- Flash Point:
- 403.3 °C
- 1 g soluble in about 370 ml
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- SPECIFIC OPTICAL ROTATION: +248 DEG TO +268 DEG
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:365.40416 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:4
Topological Polar Surface Area:158
Heavy Atom Count:25
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:4
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:4
Feature 3D Donor Count:3
Feature 3D Anion Count:1
Feature 3D Cation Count:1
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:5.8
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.8
CID Conformer Count:29
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Codes :?Xn,Xi
Risk Statements : 42/43?
R42/43:May cause sensitization by inhalation and skin contact.
Safety Statements : 22-36/37?
S22:Do not breathe dust.?
S36/37:Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.
WGK Germany : 2
RTECS : XH8300000
- AMOXICILLIN (AMOXIL, LAROTID) IS AVAILABLE FOR ORAL USE IN CAPSULES (250 OR 500 MG), AS ORAL SUSPENSION (125 OR 250 MG/5 ML), & AS PEDIATRIC DROPS (50 MG/ML).
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Manufacturers, packers, and distributors of drug and drug products for human use are responsible for complying with the labeling, certification, and usage requirements as prescribed by the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended (secs 201-902, 52 Stat. 1040 et seq., as amended; 21 U.S.C. 321-392).
- ? Amoxicillin ,?its cas register number is 26787-78-0. It also can be called?6-(D-(-)-alpha-Amino-p-hydroxyphenylacetamido)penicillanic acid ; 6-(D-(-)-p-Hydroxy-alpha-aminobenzyl)penicillin ; 6-(p-Hydroxy-alpha-aminophenylacetamido)penicillanic acid?; Amoclen ; Amolin ; Amopenixin ; Amoxi ; Amoxi-Mast ;Amoxicaps ; Amoxicilina ; Amoxicillin pediatric ; Amoxicilline ; Amoxicillinum Amoxiden ; Amoxil ; Amoxivet ; D-(-)-alpha-Amino-p-hydroxybenzylpenicillin ; D-2-Amino-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)acetamidopenicillanic acid ; D-Amoxicillin ; Delacillin ; DisperMox ; Hiconcil ; Histocillin ; Ibiamox ; Imacillin ; Larotid ; Metafarma capsules ; Metifarma capsules ; Moxacin ; Moxal ; Wymox ; alpha-Amino-p-hydroxybenzylpenicillin ; p-Hydroxyampicillin .
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
BY ACETYLATING 6-AMINOPENICILLANIC ACID WITH D-(-)-2-(P-HYDROXYPHENYL)-GLYCINE.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that reduce the growth or reproduction of BACTERIA.
- Therapeutic Uses:
ANTIMICROBIAL SPECTRUM OF AMOXICILLIN IS ESSENTIALLY IDENTICAL TO THAT OF AMPICILLIN, WITH IMPORTANT EXCEPTION THAT AMOXICILLIN APPEARS TO BE LESS EFFECTIVE THAN AMPICILLIN FOR SHIGELLOSIS.
RECOMMENDED DOSE OF AMOXICILLIN IS SIMILAR TO THAT OF AMPICILLIN ... EXCEPT THAT IT IS GIVEN 3 INSTEAD OF 4 TIMES A DAY.
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the treatment of acute otitis media caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the treatment of bacterial pharyngitis caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the treatment of bacterial pneumonia caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the treatment of sinusitis caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin, in combination with probenecid, and (penicillin G parenteral (NOT included in US product labeling)) are indicated in the treatment of gonorrhea caused by susceptible strains of Neisseria gonorrhoea. However, because of resistance to penicillin, other agents, such as ceftiraxone, cefixime, or ciprofloxacin, are considered to be first-line agents. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the treatment of bacterial urinary tract infections caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the treatment of chlamydia infections in pregnant women who cannot tolerate erythromycin. /NOT included in US product labeling; Not included in Canadian product labeling/
Amoxicillin and penicillin V are used in the treatment of early Lyme disease, caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. Amoxicillin in combination with probenecid, and penicillin G (parenteral) are used to treat more advanced stages of Lyme disease, including mild neurological manifestations, cardiac manifestations, and arthritis. /NOT included in US product labeling; Not included in Canadian product labeling/
Amoxicillin is used, in combination with metronidazole and bismuth subsalicylate, in the treatment of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease caused by Helicobacter pylori. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ used in the treatment of typhoid fever caused by Salmonella typhi. /NOT included in US product labeling; Not included in Canadian product labeling/
Amoxicillin ... /is/ indicated in the treatment of bronchitis caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling/
Amoxicillin /is/ indicated in the prophylaxis of bacterial endocarditis caused by susceptible organisms. /Included in US product labeling; Not included in Canadian product labeling/
Amoxicillin is used, in combination with metronidazole and bismuth subsalicylate, in the treatment of gastritis and peptic ulcer disease caused by Helicobacter pylori. /NOT included in US product labeling; Not included in Canadian product labeling/
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- AMOXICILLIN IS MORE RAPIDLY & COMPLETELY ABSORBED FROM GI TRACT THAN IS AMPICILLIN... PEAK PLASMA CONCN ARE REACHED @ 2 HR & AVG ABOUT 4 UG/ML WHEN 250 MG IS ADMIN. ... ABOUT 20%...IS PROTEIN BOUND IN PLASMA... APPROX 60% OF DOSE...IS EXCRETED IN ACTIVE FORM IN URINE.
FOOD HAS NEGLIGIBLE EFFECT ON GI ABSORPTION OF AMOXICILLIN.
ORAL & IM ABSORPTION OF AMOXICILLIN IN HUMANS WAS 93% & 91% OF IV UTILIZATION. PEAK SERUM LEVLES (12 UG/ML APPROX) & TIME TO PEAK LEVELS (1.2 HR) ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL FOR BOTH ROUTES. SLIGHT DELAY & DECR IN PEAK SERUM LEVELS WHEN DOSAGE INCR. [SPYKER ET AL; ANTIMICROB AGENTS CHEMOTHER 11: 132-41 (1977)] PubMed Abstract
CSF LEVELS IN 3 CHILDREN TREATED FOR BACTERIAL MENINGITIS GREATER THAN 1 UG/ML WERE NOT PREDICTABLE & APPEARED TO DEMAND BLOOD LEVELS OF 50 UG/ML. MONITORING OF CSF LEVELS MAY BE NECESSARY TO ENSURE SATISFACTORY OUTCOME.
Amoxicillin is generally stable in the presence of acidic gastric secretions, and 74-92% of a single oral dose of the drug is absorbed from the GI tract. Amoxicillin is more completely absorbed from the GI tract than is ampicillin, and peak serum concn of amoxicillin are generally 2-2.5 times higher than those attained with an equivalent oral dose of ampicillin. As oral dosage of amoxicillin is increased, the fraction of the dose absorbed from the GI tract decreases only slightly and peak serum concn and areas under the serum concn-time curves (AUCs) increase linearly with increasing dosage.
Peak serum concn are usually reached 1-2 hr after oral administration of amoxicillin capsules, tablets, or oral suspension in fasting and non-fasting adults. Following oral administration of a single 250- or 500-mg dose of amoxicillin, peak serum concn range from 3.5-5 or 5.5-11 ug/ml, respectively. In one study in healthy, fasting adults who received a single 500-mg oral dose of amoxicillin, serum concn of the drug averaged 3.3, 6.7, 9.3, 5.8, and 0.6 ug/ml @ 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, 3 hr, and 4 hr, respectively, after the dose.
In one study in children 4-45 mo of age receiving amoxicillin oral suspension in a dosage of 15 mg/kg daily, serum amoxicillin concn ranged from 2.4-8.5, 1.9-11.3, 1.7-6.4, 0.17-1.9, and 0.14-3.3 ug/ml @ 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, 4 hr, and 6 hr, respectively, after a dose.
Although presence of food in the GI tract reportedly results in lower and delayed peak serum concn of amoxicillin, the total amt of drug absorbed does not appear to be affected.
Pregnant women with GBS colonisation and/or with epidemiologic risk factors received intraparturn antibiotic infusion at the beginning of the labor (l g amoxicillin every 6 hours until the delivery). At delivery, cord blood and gastric fluid were taken infusion. Concentrations were measured in triplicate with a microbilogical method using Bacillus subtillus ATCC 6633 as test strain. In cord blood amoxicillin appeared as early as the first half hour. Concentrations were from 5 to 7 mg/l between 1 hour and 4 hours after the beginning of the infusion and from 3 to 4 mg/l after 4 hours. In gastric fluid, concentrations obtained were over 1 mg/l after 1.5 hour and over 3 mg/l after 2.5 hours, with good efficiency even after the sixth hour. The protocol using a slow intrapartum amoxicillin infusion (1 g) gave concentrations in gastric fluid and cord blood over S. agalactiae MIC. [Delcleve S et al; Pathol Biol (Paris) 42 (5): 516-9 (1994)] PubMed Abstract
Amoxicillin was given as single doses of 375, 700, 1500, 3000, and 6000 mg an oral suspension to four volunteers with an ileostomy and with no active intestinal disease after an overnight fast. The excretion of amoxicillin and its penicilloic acid was followed in samples taken from the ileostomy and in urine produced over 6 hr. Beta-lactanase activity was measured in ileal fluid and none was found. The percentage of the dose recovered from the ileostomy increased successively from 8% at the lowest dose to 77% at the highest dose. A complementary excretion pattern of amoxicillin was found in the urine amounting to 70% recovery at the lowest dose to 23% at the highest dose. The results confirm the dose-dependence of the absorption of amoxicillin which could at least in part be due to specialised absorption of this drug in humans. [Sjovall J et al; Eur J Clin Pharmacol 43 (3): 277-81 (1992)] PubMed Abstract
- Sichuan Lomon Titanium Co.,Ltd.:
- with advanced equipment imported from oversea, and greater than 1800 high educated techinicals, we are able to produce top quality titanium dioxide, and sichuan province may be the greatest production devote China, greater than 80% titniaum is used from Sichuan. therefore we can provide you big quantity rich in quality and competitive price
- Exotic Associates:
- Exotic Affiliates was marketed in 1995 within the industrial estate of Vatva in Ahmadabad city.The organization started commercial manufacture of Sodium Cyanate immediately because the primary supplier of herbicides and dye-intermediates companies in India.With altering occasions our range of products also provide extended including dye-intermediates& acidity-dyes for that application on made of woll, leather, Viscose, polyester etc.We export our items towards the finish-user in following nations directly and also through merchant exporters.Argentina, Denmark, France, Germany, Indonesia, Italia, Columbia, The country, Taiwan, thailand, U.K., and U.s.a.We can also offer another items which aren't made by us.Our current products : - Dye intermediates Inorganic chemicals Acidity dyes We're at
- Jining Henglian Construction Machinery Co.,Ltd:
- Henglian is located in "hometown of Confucius Formal state The canal city of historical and cultural city - jining city. Henglian Construction Machinery is one of the leading China concrete machinery,Website:http://www.chinaconcretemixertruckss.com, mixer truck, cement block machine manufacturers and suppliers equipped with the best China concrete machinery factory, we are always at your service. Henglian relying on powerful technical advantages, and Mr Fukuda, dongfeng, steam shan, tang jun, jun, heavy truck, the wind, every five car companies such as cooperation, form a complete set of production for two mixers, 4 mixers, 6 mixers, 8 mixers and other type concrete mixer truck
- Shenzhen Songi electric bicycles co., LTD:
- Since established in 2004,Website:http://www.pedelacs.net, Songi Electric Bicycle Co., Ltd has always devoted in R&D, producing and sale electric bicycles, electric motorcycles. After more than 10 years development, now Songi Electric Bicycle has been one of the electric bicycles leader brands in South China. Especially in the Lithium Electric Bicycle field, Songi has been the top brand in China for it has been persistent in the Philosophy and R&D the “Free, Healthy, Fashion” lithium electric bicycles.
- Hunan Geneham Biomedical Technology Ltd.:
- Hunan Geneham Biomedical Technology Ltd. is definitely an export-came from technology developing manufacturer and supplier focusing in items of natural plant components. Geneham may be the greatest rosemary oil extracts manufacturer in China, we've developed a number of rosemary oil extracts items, for example oil soluble antioxidant(carnosic acidity),water soluble antioxidant(rosmarinic acidity) and anti-inflammatory product ursolic acidity. Additionally to rosemary oil extracts, we produce sophisticated extracts as Trigonella foenum-graecum extract: 4-Hydroxyisoleucine and Furostanol saponins, Camellia oleifera seed Extract:Tea Saponins ,Mulberry Leaf Extract: 1-deoxynojirimycin (1-DNJ)./ / Their Test Center for Items Quality is outfitted with foreign Testing and analytical instrumentati
- Guangxi BMB Technologies Limited:
- We're mainly involved in the study development, production and sales from the inorganic material iron phosphate, supplying top quality precursor to make a brand new condition from the art cathode material of Lithium Ion batteries and Ceramic metal glaze.
- Tianjin Xiangchangshun Chemicals Co., Ltd:
- the big-sized technological difficulty stock chemical enterprise with research, production, AGENT and sales of inorganic chemical, organic chemical, food additive, Pharmaceutical Material and Intermediates and fine chemicals. The organization is situated in Wuhan town of Hubei province and likes very convenient transportation. Our items mostly are utilized in textile printing, paper making, glasses, washing, Architectural, plastic rubber, chemical reAGENT, food daily chemical and other industries. Our items are greatly offered to Hubei, Hunan, Jiangxi, Anhui, Henan, Hebei, Jiangsu, Yunnan, Guangdong, Guangxi and Others, and released to India, Columbia, Japan, Tainwan and other nations. To be able to serve clients well, the organization has built special technical department and After-pu
- Shanghai Agro-Chemical Industry Co.,LTD.(Pinghu P...:
- Shanghai Agro-Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. is really a professional enterprise focusing within the development, production and purchase of pesticide and other chemicals. Under it's Worldwide Trade Export &lifier Import Company and Zhejiang Pinghu Pesticide Factory which was previously a state-owned enterprise specializing in the production of pesticide . Shanghai Agro-Chemical has top-ranking facilities, advanced inspection measures and Professional specialists and MANAGERS. And contains created a brand new type of management mechanism concerning market information, R&D, production , worldwide and domestic trades. The corporation is situated in Shanghai Pudong Financial and Commercial area and Pinghu Pesticide Factory is based on Pinghu economic developing-area 30 km from Shanghai t
- NINGBO HONGDI CLOTHING CO LTD:
- We were established on Mar. 2001,Website:http://www.cnbhongdis.com, developed from Ningbo Madison clothing co.ltd.,which was built in 1987 year.Currently,we have around 400-500 full time workers. Fty is located in Mo zhi new industry in beautiful Dongqianhu town,which close to airport (around 30 minutes drive) and train station(around 40 mins drive). it covers an area of 20,000 square meters with a florage of 12,000 M2. We’re knitwear factory, mainly produce casual sports wear like pullover hood,zip hood,T-shirts ,pants and etc.on fabrications of 100%cotton,CVC,100%polyester and so on. We focus on the faith “various products, high quality, good service” , and strictly follow the SGS requirement along with customer’s need to control the bulk quality to assure steady good quality and tim
- ZHENGZHOU GRANDCHEM IMP.&EXP.CO.,LTD:
- HENGZHOU GRANDCHEM IMP.&Exp.CO.,LTD is focused on creating and conveying titanium dioxide, Iron Oxide,pentaerythritol etc,mainly in the plastic pigment and coating industries.In line with the tenet of quality first, full-service, honesty and win-win situation, we'll survive high-quality, development through innovation, effectiveness and credibility of the particular focus, and further expand our domestic and worldwide marketplaces. We anticipate cooperation with buddies around the globe to produce a brilliant future.We are able to provide you with excellent products the following:Titanium Dioxide(Tio2)PVC RESIN Dioctyl phthalate(DOP)Iron oxide Pentaerythritol Zinc All of your enquiries and orders will be presented our prompt reply and best attention.Thanks Cassie ZHENGZHOU GRANDCH
- TianjinYaofu Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Tianjin Yao Fu chemical Co., Ltd. Is principally involved in chemical manufacturing and export partnership company, headquarters within chemical institute, two fine chemical industry, two OEM factory. company headquartered in tianjin, includes a complete and scientific quality management system.
- shananxi yuanbang bio-tech co.,ltd.:
- YuanbangBio-tech began in 2003 at Xi'an, China. We've been dedicated to researching, manufacturing,and sales services for all kinds of naturalproducts. Using the condition of art production facility and years ofexperienceinthis field, we could supply not just the standard botanical extract, but also with cutting-edgenutritive ingredients to our customer, all of this make usbecamea professional manufacturerin health industry in China.