- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:149-30-4
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
2-Mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT) ( CASNO:149-30-4 )
Identification and Related Records
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT)
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- beige or light yellow powder with a faint odour
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 305 oC at 760 mmHg
- 0.000844mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 243℃ (dec.)
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 19 oC
- PALE, YELLOW MONOCLINIC NEEDLES OR LEAFLETS
NEEDLES FROM ALC OR DILUTE METHANOL
Yellowish to tan crystalline powder
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Flammable.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (METHANOL): 235 NM (LOG E= 4.12); 282 NM SHOULDER (LOG E= 3.34); 320 NM (LOG E= 4.43); SADTLER REF NUMBER: 11493 (IR, PRISM); 8139 (IR, GRATING)
Intense mass spectral peaks: 167 m/z (100%), 69 m/z (33%), 45 m/z (23%), 63 m/z (20%)
IR: 6034 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 390 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
NMR: 10149 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 1092 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:167.2513 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:69.4
Heavy Atom Count:10
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:0
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Codes?Xi,N
Risk Statements 43-50/53
R43:May cause sensitization by skin contact.?
R50/53:Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
Safety Statements 24-37-60-61
S24:Avoid contact with skin.?
S37:Wear suitable gloves.?
S60:This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.?
S61:Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets.
RIDADR UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany 2
HS Code 29342020
- I; II; III
- Air Sensitive
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE ... IS REPORTED TO BE VERY IRRITATING TO EYES.
- UN 3077
- GRADES: TECHNICAL; 97%
Nuodex 84 contains the sodium salt for use in water base adhesives, paper sizings. Niacides are mixtures with carbamate fungicides for control of apple scab and rust.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole solution. Opthalmic and topical dosage form new animal drugs not subject to certification. Specifications and conditions of use provided for dogs.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- DANGEROUS ... ON CONTACT WITH ACID OR ACID FUMES, EMITS HIGHLY TOXIC FUMES OF OXIDES OF SULFUR AND OXIDES OF NITROGEN.
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE ... IS REPORTED TO BE VERY IRRITATING TO EYES.
- 1.General Description: Pale yellow to tan crystalline powder with a disagreeable odor.
2.Air & Water Reactions: Insoluble in water.
3.Reactivity Profile :2-Mercaptobenzothiazole is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Also incompatible with acids and acid fumes .
4.Fire Hazard: 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole is combustible.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 2.41
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
The recommended disposal method is burial in a landfill. Incineration is not recommended unless provision can be made to insure that sulfur and nitrogen oxides will not be emitted to the atmosphere.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
PREPD INDUSTRIALLY BY REACTING ANILINE, CARBON DISULFIDE, & SULFUR AT ELEVATED PRESSURE & TEMP. PURIFICATION BY TREATMENT WITH A PER-ACID SALT IN ALKALINE MEDIUM.U.S. Imports
(1975) 1.90X10+7 GRAMS (PRINCPL CUSTMS DISTS)
(1977) 1.00X10+7 GRAMS (PRINCPL CUSTMS DISTS)U.S. Production
(1975) 1.20X10+9 GRAMS
(1977) 2.72X10+9 GRAMS (SALES)
- Salts used as fungicides.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that destroy fungi by suppressing their ability to grow or reproduce. They differ from FUNGICIDES, INDUSTRIAL because they defend against fungi present in human or animal tissues.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Antifungal Agents
(VET): AT 1-2% CONCN IN OINTMENTS & LOTIONS APPLIED IN WIDE VARIETY OF CANINE DERMATOSES & ON TEATS OF COWS.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- WHEN CARP WERE STARVED AFTER ADMIN OF (14)C-2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE, THE RADIOACTIVITY IN THE INTESTINE WAS 45% OF DOSE AFTER 1 HR, IN BILE 9% & IN OTHER TISSUES WAS LESS THAN 0.05% OF DOSE AFTER 72 HR. WHEN CARP WERE FED AFTER ADMIN OF (14)C 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE, RADIOACTIVITY IN BILE WAS LESS THAN 0.3% & IN OTHER TISSUES WAS NEGLIGIBLE IN AMT AFTER 72 HR. ABOUT 100% OF DOSE WAS EXCRETED INTO WATER.
The absorption, distribution, metabolism, and rates and routes of excretion of 2-mercaptobenzothiazole and 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide were investigated in male and female Fischer 344 rats dosed iv, orally, and topically and in Hartley guinea pigs dosed topically. The topical doses used were 36.1 ug/animal for 2- mercaptobenzothiazole and 33.6 ug/animal for 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide. More 2- mercaptobenzothiazole passed through the skin than 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide and the guinea pigs absorbed a greater percentage of the dose of 2- mercaptobenzothiazole than 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide; the disposition of radioactivity derived from the two cmpd was similar. The iv studies with 0.602 mg/kg 2-mercaptobenzothiazole or 0.571 mg/kg 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide showed a similar disposition of the cmpd in both sexes of rats. Between 90 and 101% of the dose appeared in the urine in 72 hr and from 3.79 to 15.1% in the feces. The erythrocytes retained a small portion of the radioactivity. In the oral dosing studies, the rats were treated with unlabeled 2-mercaptobenzothiazole at 0.510 mg/kg/day for 20 days prior to a single dose of (14)C labeled 2- mercaptobenzothiazole at 0.503 mg/kg or with unlabeled 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide at 0.521 mg/kg/day prior to a single dose of (14)C labeled 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide at 0.630 mg/kg/day. The disposition of the cmpd was similar for both sexes. A small portion of the radioactivity remained associated with erythrocytes at 96 hr after dosing, most bound to the membranes. Between 60.8 and 101% of the administered dose appeared in the urine and between 3.46 and 9.99% in the feces in 96 hr. Only trace amounts remained in tissues other than blood, with the thyroid retaining the highest concentration. It was concluded that 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide was readily converted to 2-mercaptobenzothiazole in both sexes of rats and in both species tested. [El Dareer SM et al; J Toxicol Environ Health 27 (1): 65-84 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole has a low to moderate mobility in soil, so if released on land it may leach. Leaching is more likely to occur in alkaline soil. While 2-mercaptobenzothiazole is considered difficult to biodegrade, biodegradation may occur when low concns of the chemical are released to acclimated soil. The half-lives of 2-mercaptobenzothiazole in three standard soils ranged from 92 to 248 days(1).
AQUATIC FATE: If released in water, 2-mercaptobenzothiazole would be partially dissociated and may partially adsorb to sediment, especially in acidic water. It would rapidly photodegrade in surface water with a half-life of 0.05 days in summer and 0.21 days in winter(1). It may very slowly biodegrade in acclimated waters. It would not be expected to volatilize appreciably.
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: If released into the atmosphere, 2-mercaptobenzothiazole would be in the form of an aerosol and be removed by gravitational settling. Vapor-phase 2-mercaptobenzothiazole will react with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals resulting in an estimated atmospheric half-life of 8.4 hr(1).
- Siddhachal Chemical:
- We're directly into manufacturig of Metallic Salts ofcopper and cobalt. (Sulphate,oxide,Acetate).We're into maufacturing activity since greater than a decade. Our good will is the satisfaction. There exists a good manufacturing setup.
- Hebei Qingmei Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Hebei Qingmei Chemical Co., Ltd is really a high-tech, share-holding enterprise, that is involved in development, production & business Operation, technical service and project style of fine chemicals. Key people of the organization have been in research and production, Operation and control over the job of senior technical personnel, has engaged in many petrochemical industry greater than a decade of labor experience. The organization with independent ip legal rights, strong technical pressure, depend on scientific and technological progress and technology, in compliance using the standards of contemporary enterprise management is developing quickly.
- Qufu Guanglong Biochemical Factory:
- Like a China quality supplier,Qufu GuangLong Biochemical Factory has grown to become a number one exporter of cosmetic surgery items,hyaluronic acidity filler,pharmaceutical recycleables, fine chemicals, clinical chemistry reagents,botbotanical extracts and Animal Extracts, we're focused on product research,manufacturing , marketing active components rich in bio-activity and safety. With higher control over employees and Professional technical pressure, the organization has received a properly-structured and efficient system for production and sales to satisfy the client's needs. We establish stable and cooperative associations with bio-pharmaceutical companies, research departments, health food and cosmetics industries both domestic and Overseas. Our items export to U . s . Sta
- Wenzhou Zhongtai Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Wenzhou Zhongtai Chemical Co Ltd provides medical and Dyestuff Intermediates. We stock 2-(4-Bromomethyl)phenylpropionic acidity and 1,1-cyclohexanediacetic acidity.
- Xi'an Husheng Mechanical-Electronic Co., Ltd.:
- In?order?to?satisfy?diverse?requirements?of?elevator?parts?from?the?domestic?and?overseas?customers?xi’an?husheng?mechanical-electronic?Co.,Ltd.?was?established?.And?we?specialize?in?elevator?parts?,Website:http://www.hselevatorpart.com,lift?parts?escalator?parts.?Our?main?brand?contain?OTIS,?KONE,?THYSEEN,?LG,?SCHINDLER,?MITSUBISH,?HITACHI. Our?Mission?is?to?be?the?BEST?elevator?parts?company?in?the?world?by?dedicating?our?resources,?our?talents,?and?our?energies?to?help?improve?the?elevator?industry.?We?believe?being?the?BEST?means: ??Being?the?BEST?at?satisfying?the?needs?of?everyone?we?serve;? Elevator?industry?professionals,?employees,?communities,?and?governments. ??Being?BETTER?and?FASTER?than?our?competitors?at?providing?superior?products?and?service?to?meet?any?and?all?demands?of?
- Shenzhen PG Century Furniture Co., Ltd:
- Shenzhen PG Century Furniture Co., Ltd started in 2003, focusing in creating various sofas. Our items are renowned for exquisite craftsmanship, Superior quality, attractive designs, most advanced technology,and reasonable cost therefore, they're released to around the globe, mainly in Europe, and enjoy good status.We feel in “Basis on quality, and win from credit”. We're dedicated to supplying clients rich in-quality items and meritorious services. We adopt the world’s top-grade recycleables and good after-sales services to be able to meet the requirements of various clients, and continuously improve the introduction of our organization.Hopefully to determine lengthy-term cooperative associations between one another and achieve win-win. Our organization would be the ideal partner for you
- Matsuoka Mechatronics(China) Co.,LTD.:
- "Treyo",Website:http://www.treyo-mahjongtable.com, a sub-brand of Matsuoka Mechatronics (China) Co.,Ltd was founded in 1995 and successfully listed in Australia in 2009. Located in Xiaoshan Economic and Technology Development District, Hangzhou City, the company is one of the largest full-automatic mahjong table manufacturers in the world. China mahjong set, table cloth, wooden mahjong table, automatic mahjong table, automatic mah-jongg table, custom mahjong tiles manufacturer and supplier, buy cheap table cloth products. We are the first company to have introduced automatic mahjong table products from Japan, which has driven the revolutionary development of China's traditional mahjong industry and has opened up a brand-new automatic mahjong table industry. Devoted to the design and produc
- xuzhou kangyuan imp&exp co,.ltd:
- Xuzhou kangyuan Import&Export .,LTD Established in 1990, we're focused on creating glacial acetic acidity, Calcium formate, ETC. We're situated in Xuzhou Town of Jiangsu Province. We love an appropriate atmosphere and convenient transportation access.Covering a place of 10000 square meters, our factory is outfitted with testing equipment and strong technical pressure.Our items are checked under strict QC recommendations to ensure high-quality items at huge discounts. Our items comply with the worldwide standards. Meanwhile, oem and ODM orders are welcome.We are certain that our top quality items and excellent services is going to be appreciated through the growing listing of satisfied clients. getting in touch with us is the initial step to construct a lengthy-term and effective business