- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:149-30-4
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
2-Mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT) ( CASNO:149-30-4 )
Identification and Related Records
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT)
- CAS Registry number:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- beige or light yellow powder with a faint odour
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 305 oC at 760 mmHg
- 0.000844mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 243℃ (dec.)
- <0.1 g/100 mL at 19 oC
- PALE, YELLOW MONOCLINIC NEEDLES OR LEAFLETS
NEEDLES FROM ALC OR DILUTE METHANOL
Yellowish to tan crystalline powder
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Flammable.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (METHANOL): 235 NM (LOG E= 4.12); 282 NM SHOULDER (LOG E= 3.34); 320 NM (LOG E= 4.43); SADTLER REF NUMBER: 11493 (IR, PRISM); 8139 (IR, GRATING)
Intense mass spectral peaks: 167 m/z (100%), 69 m/z (33%), 45 m/z (23%), 63 m/z (20%)
IR: 6034 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 390 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
NMR: 10149 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 1092 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:167.2513 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:0
Topological Polar Surface Area:69.4
Heavy Atom Count:10
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:0
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.4
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Codes?Xi,N
Risk Statements 43-50/53
R43:May cause sensitization by skin contact.?
R50/53:Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
Safety Statements 24-37-60-61
S24:Avoid contact with skin.?
S37:Wear suitable gloves.?
S60:This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.?
S61:Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets.
RIDADR UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany 2
HS Code 29342020
- I; II; III
- Air Sensitive
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE ... IS REPORTED TO BE VERY IRRITATING TO EYES.
- UN 3077
- GRADES: TECHNICAL; 97%
Nuodex 84 contains the sodium salt for use in water base adhesives, paper sizings. Niacides are mixtures with carbamate fungicides for control of apple scab and rust.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole solution. Opthalmic and topical dosage form new animal drugs not subject to certification. Specifications and conditions of use provided for dogs.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- DANGEROUS ... ON CONTACT WITH ACID OR ACID FUMES, EMITS HIGHLY TOXIC FUMES OF OXIDES OF SULFUR AND OXIDES OF NITROGEN.
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE ... IS REPORTED TO BE VERY IRRITATING TO EYES.
- 1.General Description: Pale yellow to tan crystalline powder with a disagreeable odor.
2.Air & Water Reactions: Insoluble in water.
3.Reactivity Profile :2-Mercaptobenzothiazole is incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Also incompatible with acids and acid fumes .
4.Fire Hazard: 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole is combustible.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 2.41
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
The recommended disposal method is burial in a landfill. Incineration is not recommended unless provision can be made to insure that sulfur and nitrogen oxides will not be emitted to the atmosphere.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
PREPD INDUSTRIALLY BY REACTING ANILINE, CARBON DISULFIDE, & SULFUR AT ELEVATED PRESSURE & TEMP. PURIFICATION BY TREATMENT WITH A PER-ACID SALT IN ALKALINE MEDIUM.U.S. Imports
(1975) 1.90X10+7 GRAMS (PRINCPL CUSTMS DISTS)
(1977) 1.00X10+7 GRAMS (PRINCPL CUSTMS DISTS)U.S. Production
(1975) 1.20X10+9 GRAMS
(1977) 2.72X10+9 GRAMS (SALES)
- Salts used as fungicides.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Substances that destroy fungi by suppressing their ability to grow or reproduce. They differ from FUNGICIDES, INDUSTRIAL because they defend against fungi present in human or animal tissues.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Antifungal Agents
(VET): AT 1-2% CONCN IN OINTMENTS & LOTIONS APPLIED IN WIDE VARIETY OF CANINE DERMATOSES & ON TEATS OF COWS.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- WHEN CARP WERE STARVED AFTER ADMIN OF (14)C-2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE, THE RADIOACTIVITY IN THE INTESTINE WAS 45% OF DOSE AFTER 1 HR, IN BILE 9% & IN OTHER TISSUES WAS LESS THAN 0.05% OF DOSE AFTER 72 HR. WHEN CARP WERE FED AFTER ADMIN OF (14)C 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLE, RADIOACTIVITY IN BILE WAS LESS THAN 0.3% & IN OTHER TISSUES WAS NEGLIGIBLE IN AMT AFTER 72 HR. ABOUT 100% OF DOSE WAS EXCRETED INTO WATER.
The absorption, distribution, metabolism, and rates and routes of excretion of 2-mercaptobenzothiazole and 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide were investigated in male and female Fischer 344 rats dosed iv, orally, and topically and in Hartley guinea pigs dosed topically. The topical doses used were 36.1 ug/animal for 2- mercaptobenzothiazole and 33.6 ug/animal for 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide. More 2- mercaptobenzothiazole passed through the skin than 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide and the guinea pigs absorbed a greater percentage of the dose of 2- mercaptobenzothiazole than 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide; the disposition of radioactivity derived from the two cmpd was similar. The iv studies with 0.602 mg/kg 2-mercaptobenzothiazole or 0.571 mg/kg 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide showed a similar disposition of the cmpd in both sexes of rats. Between 90 and 101% of the dose appeared in the urine in 72 hr and from 3.79 to 15.1% in the feces. The erythrocytes retained a small portion of the radioactivity. In the oral dosing studies, the rats were treated with unlabeled 2-mercaptobenzothiazole at 0.510 mg/kg/day for 20 days prior to a single dose of (14)C labeled 2- mercaptobenzothiazole at 0.503 mg/kg or with unlabeled 2- mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide at 0.521 mg/kg/day prior to a single dose of (14)C labeled 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide at 0.630 mg/kg/day. The disposition of the cmpd was similar for both sexes. A small portion of the radioactivity remained associated with erythrocytes at 96 hr after dosing, most bound to the membranes. Between 60.8 and 101% of the administered dose appeared in the urine and between 3.46 and 9.99% in the feces in 96 hr. Only trace amounts remained in tissues other than blood, with the thyroid retaining the highest concentration. It was concluded that 2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide was readily converted to 2-mercaptobenzothiazole in both sexes of rats and in both species tested. [El Dareer SM et al; J Toxicol Environ Health 27 (1): 65-84 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole has a low to moderate mobility in soil, so if released on land it may leach. Leaching is more likely to occur in alkaline soil. While 2-mercaptobenzothiazole is considered difficult to biodegrade, biodegradation may occur when low concns of the chemical are released to acclimated soil. The half-lives of 2-mercaptobenzothiazole in three standard soils ranged from 92 to 248 days(1).
AQUATIC FATE: If released in water, 2-mercaptobenzothiazole would be partially dissociated and may partially adsorb to sediment, especially in acidic water. It would rapidly photodegrade in surface water with a half-life of 0.05 days in summer and 0.21 days in winter(1). It may very slowly biodegrade in acclimated waters. It would not be expected to volatilize appreciably.
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: If released into the atmosphere, 2-mercaptobenzothiazole would be in the form of an aerosol and be removed by gravitational settling. Vapor-phase 2-mercaptobenzothiazole will react with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals resulting in an estimated atmospheric half-life of 8.4 hr(1).
- Wuhu Huahai Biology Engineering Co.:
- Wuhu Huahai Biological engineering Co., Ltd. Is really a professional fine chemical production businesses within the Wuhu economic development zone, the transportation works.The organization mainly produces allantoin, Jiemorel series, Paraben, e vitamin oil ETC, and based on customer request we are able to mix materials. Items are broadly utilized in medicine, Cosmetics, Supplies, Food, ETC.The organization is the owner of modern training courses, equipment and research personnel, company partial items using worldwide standards and GMP standard organization produces, and through ISO9001:2000 Quality Management System Certification and KOSHER authentication. How colleges in Anhui, underneath the support of advanced technology, scientific management, strictly control the standard of items
- Shenzhen Sinowares Co Ltd:
- Sinowares is a professional OEM manufacturer for micro metal tubes and solutions to tubing production more than 15 years. We can provide various material and size tube for you,Website:http://www.bending-tube.com, The smallest tube can be achieved is OD 0.25 mm and ID 0.09 mm. In addition, we offer the following machining—flaring, swaging, character engraving, bending, hole drilling, welding, telescoping, sharpening, beveling, etc.. we have workshops for part machining such as bushings, shafts, needles and metal parts injected with plastics, as well as CNC precision parts. Many of our products are used in medical and electronic industry, on aircrafts, automobiles and outdoors products. Many of our products are used in medical and electronic industry, on aircrafts, automobiles and outdoor
- Angel Hoo Bridal:
- Founded in early 2002,Website:http://www.ahbridal.com,Angelhoobridal has been in the business for about 15 years,and has grown from a home based small business to a leading wholesaler of high quality wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,evening dresses etc,we are currently working with around 70 bridal shop and private label customers.We aimed to provide dresses with better quality,better fitting. Reasons to work with us 1.We are a designing&manufacturing company,we carry our own collection every season,you will be anthorized to use our images for your shop without having copyrights issue. 2.We have advanced machines,both our pattern and cutting are based on computer,this can avoid manual errors maximumly. 3.We have a great sources of materials,we can customized lace patterns for our regular
- TAIZHOU DALANG PUMP INDUSTRY CO.,LTD:
- Taizhou Dalang Pump Industry Co.,Ltd is one of the major professional manufacturers for water pump. With more than 20 years experience in this field,Website:http://www.submersiblepumpcn.com, specializing in submersible pumps,self-priming pumps, JET pumps, QB pumps, centrifugal pumps, CIRCULATOR PUMPS ETC, Located in the "Chinese Pump Town"-Daxi Town, Wenling City, Zhejiang
- Yongkang Mengo Import and Export Co.,Ltd:
- Yongkang Mengo Import and Export Co.Ltd was established in Yongkang City,Website:http://www.china-mengos.com, Zhejiang of China. It’s a company that exporting the Canvas Bag ,Paper bag , Gift Paper Box, Wine Box and other products with the ISO9001 ,CE certificate and so on. Our company has a group of design and management team, having been working on the development of Shopping bag and the gift package many years, and had gain wider experiences. Mengo’s business concept is “Customers is the First”. We have always considered that efficient, serious and sincere service to customers, will be able to win the customer's satisfaction. We provide you with quality products, professional services, just in order to allow us to achieve a win-win situation. Hoping we could have a sincere cooperation,
- Yixing Holly Technology Co., Ltd:
- Yixing Holly Technology Co.,Ltd. is located in Yixing,Website:http://www.hollyhb.com, Jiangsu,China. It is adjacent to Shanghai which is the economy,finance and trade center of China. In addition, our company enjoys very convenient transportation. Established in 2007, Holly Technology is a domestic forerunner in producing environmental equipments and parts used for sewage treatment. In line with the principle of “Customer First”, our company has developed into a comprehensive enterprise integrating production,trading,design and installation service of sewage treatment equipments.After years of exploring and practice,we have built up completeand scientific quality system as well as perfect after-sale service system. At present, over 80% percent of our products export to foreign markets, inc
- Dalian Rongke Chemicals Co.,Ltd:
- Rongke Chemicals Co.,Ltd.started like a in conjunction with manufacturing, customs synthesis and worldwide buying and selling in neuro-scientific Pharmaceutical and Natural items in China from 1996.Rongke Chemicals Co.,Ltd. Pharmaceutical Department have factory in JiangSu Province, we own pilot-scale workshop and commercial manufacturing site using the GMP approval for APIs and Intermediates.As the extraction plant situated in DongBei, there we've plant material planting bases with advanced produce equipment and modern qc center.Rongke Chemicals people pursue Quality, Service and understanding. To understand more about the way we conduct business or particulars on the items, check out the website or contact our office and a devoted team member is going to be glad to help you.
- Acme Fate International LtdCo:
- ACME FATE INTERNATIONAL LTD is a modern,Website:http://www.acmefategroup.com, vivid company in the global food stuff market with 22 years experience. The main products are Stone Chocolate, Rice Crackers, Coated Snacks, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, MSG, Sunflower Seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Water Melon Slices Gummy Candy, Peanut products (in shell, Kernels & Blanched), Vermicelli, etc. Due to our profession, concentration and extensive excellent resources, we are able to control splendid quality and hold advantageous prices for our customers. Besides engaging in China-Made items we also have a unique capability of acting as commission/buying agents for overseas clients in Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK, Spain, Australia, Germany, etc, who can choose their products, their vendors and leaving the rest work
- CHANGZHOU KAWEI MACHINERT CO.,LTD:
- Changzhou KAWEI Machinery Co., Ltd. is situated at Changzhou of Jiangsu,Website:http://www.czkawei.com, where is an important production basis of agricultural machinery manufacturing industry in China. The location of the company is in Wujin district No.411 Changwu south road. The company mainly produces series walking tractors(DF、GN、GN91),rotary cultivator, series of diesel engines, and the supporting power with production capacity of annual output of 200000 sets. Following series walking tractors and diesel engines had gained success in the market over the years , expecially in terms of product technology already quite mature. owning the characteristics such as strong power, reliable performance, beautiful appearance and reasonable price, it gains great Favor from many customers. The com