- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:134-85-0
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
4-Chlorobenzophenone ( CASNO:134-85-0 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Iupac name:
- Benzophenone, 4-chloro- (8CI)
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- white to off-white crystalline powder
- 1.207 g/cm3
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 195-196℃ (17 torr)
- Flash Point:
- Needles from alcohol
White to off-white, crystalline powder
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- Storage temp:
- Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION (ALCOHOL): 260 NM (LOG E= 4.32)
SADTLER REFERENCE NUMBER: 13913 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 8632 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
UV: 4051 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
1H NMR: 3260 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 40425 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral Database, 1990 Version)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:216.66296 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:2
Topological Polar Surface Area:17.1
Heavy Atom Count:15
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Feature 3D Ring Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:2
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Note:
- Hazard Codes:?C,Xi,Xn
Risk Statements: 34-36/37/38-20/21/22
R36/37/38:Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.?
R20/21/22:Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed.
Safety Statements: 26-36/37/39-45-24/25-22
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.?
S36/37/39:Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.?
S24/25:Avoid contact with skin and eyes.?
S22:Do not breathe dust.
RIDADR: UN 3261 8/PG 2
WGK Germany: 2
Hazard Note: Irritant
- ??p-Chlorobenzophenone ,?its cas register number is 134-85-0. It also can be called?4-Chlorobenzophenone ; AI3-00705 ;
?Benzophenone, 4-chloro- ; HSDB 2740 ; Methanone, (4-chlorophenyl)phenyl- ; NSC 2872 ; p-CBP ; para-Chlorobenzophenone .?p-Chlorobenzophenone (CAS NO.134-85-0) is a?white to off-white powder.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 3.79 (est)
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
4-Chlorobenzophenone is routinely prepared by employing 4-chlorobenzoyl chloride and benzene with AlCl3 as catalyst.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- The metabolism of clemastine, 2-(2-(1-(4-chlorophenyl)-1-phenylethoxylethyl])-1-methylpyrrolidine, has been studied in three adult male volunteers after a single oral dose of 20 mg as the fumarate. After enzymatic hydrolysis solvent extracts of urine were derivatized with N-methyl-N-trimethylsilyltrifluoroacetamide-ammonium iodide and analysed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The structures of metabolites were determined on the basis of electron impact and chemical ionization mass spectra and the identities of some (e.g. carbinol, 4-chlorobenzophenone and 4-chlorophenylstyrene) were confirmed by use of authentic standards. The principal route of metabolism of clemastine in man involves direct oxidation, O-dealkylation (fission of the ether bond), aromatic hydroxylation, aliphatic oxidation, alcoholic dehydration, and then enzymatic hydrolysis. Of the total amount of metabolites excreted in the urine 35% was carbinol (metabolite M3, major metabolite), 15% was M1, 17% was M2, 11% was M4, 9% was M5, 8% was M6 and 5% was M7. [Ho CM et al; J Pharm Pharmacol 51(1): 53-9 (1999)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 1,700(SRC), determined from a structure estimation method(2), indicates that 4-chlorobenzophenone is expected to have low mobility in soil(SRC). Volatilization of 4-chlorobenzophenone from moist soil surfaces is expected to be an important fate process(SRC) given an estimated Henry's Law constant of 1.4X10-6 atm-cu m/mole(SRC), using a fragment constant estimation method(3). However, adsorption to soil is expected to attenuate volatilization(SRC). 4-Chlorobenzophenone is not expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon an estimated vapor pressure of 1.1X10-4 mm Hg(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(4). Biodegradation of 4-chlorobenzophenone in soil is expected to be slow based on 0% degradation of the structurally similar substance benzophenone after 28 days in a screening test using an activated sludge inoculum(5).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 1,700(SRC), determined from a structure estimation method(2), indicates that 4-chlorobenzophenone is expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). Volatilization from water surfaces is expected(3) based upon an estimated Henry's Law constant of 1.4X10-6 atm-cu m/mole(SRC), developed using a fragment constant estimation method(4). Using this Henry's Law constant and an estimation method(3), volatilization half-lives for a model river and model lake are 25 days and 278 days, respectively(SRC). According to a classification scheme(5), an estimated BCF of 24(SRC), from an estimated log Kow of 3.79(6) and a regression-derived equation(7), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). 4-Chlorobenzophenone absorbs light at 260 nm (UV max)(8) indicating that this substance may undergo direct photolysis in the environment(3). Biodegradation of 4-chlorobenzophenone in water is expected to be slow based on 0% degradation of the structurally similar substance benzophenone after 28 days in a screening test using an activated sludge inoculum(9).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), 4-chlorobenzophenone, which has an estimated vapor pressure of 1.1X10-4 mm Hg at 25 deg C(SRC), determined from a fragment constant method(2), is expected to exist solely as a vapor in the ambient atmosphere. Vapor-phase 4-chlorobenzophenone is degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals(SRC); the half-life for this reaction in air is estimated to be 5.3 days(SRC), calculated from its rate constant of 1.4X10-6 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(SRC) that was derived using a structure estimation method(3). 4-Chlorobenzophenone absorbs light at 260 nm (UV max)(4) indicating that this substance may undergo direct photolysis in the environment(5).
- XIAMEN JINGXIN IMP. & EXP. CO., LTD:
- Since being founded in 2006,Website:http://www.astrongmagnets.com, Xiamen Jingxin Imp. & Exp. Co., Ltd has been specialized in supplying and exporting high-quality magnets, magnetic system and precision alloy. Integrity, innovation, and forward-looking are the foundation for building the company. We have co-operated with many companies in the world since being founded, and became their reliable suppliers and cooperator. And with the help of our abundant of professional technical knowledge in magnets, magnetic system and precision, our customers have made great gains in R & D and upgrading their original products. All of our products are controlled by a set of complete and advanced QC equipment, we welcome all inquiries, requirements and customized orders. ? The policy of our company is
- Shenzhen Defense Plus Technology Co. Ltd:
- Since its inception,Website:http://www.defenseglobals.com, Defense Plus Technology , today is one of the leading indigenous manufactures of safety equipments in China. We proudly claim to be the first company to produce second generation of 3D x ray baggage scanner in China. We offer on array of metal detectors which comprise Hand Held Metal Detector, Door Frame Metal Detector, Deep Search Metal Detector, Under Vehicle Search Mirror, Letter Bomb Detector and many more. We offer on array of x ray baggage scanner which comprise Checkpoint X-ray Machine, Check-In X-ray Baggage Scanner, Mail and Small Parcel X-ray Scanner, Large Parcel and Small Cargo X-ray Inspection Machine, Pallet and Cargo X-ray Checking Machine, Air Cargo X-ray Inspection Equipment and Portable Baggage Scanner. We hav
- YuHuan Kang-Jia Enterprise Co.,Ltd:
- Kangjia Co., Ltd,Website:http://www.kangjia-bottles.com, established in 1986 and located in Yuhuan, Zhejiang. Professional and Concentrative is the spiritual definition of Kangjia Enterprise to devote to the health of human beings. With 30 years’ professional accumulation,Kang-jia Enterprise has become a large medical packing enterprise
- shandong Qingdao Zhuoya Machinery Co., Ltd:
- QingDao Zhuoya Machinery Co., Ltd. is the science and technology knowledge-intensive corporation integrated with research and development,Website:http://www.zya-machine.com, fabrication, sales and service, professionally engaged in the manufacture of plastics processing complete equipment. The company always obeys the principle of "credit is the basis, quality is the life, innovation is the pursue, service is the main ", keeps the quality promise for customers, focuses on introducing and cultivating talent, cooperates with many science and research institutes, has strong technology power and perfect testing means, integrates advanced technology advantages and rigid equipments and has introduced many technologists with working experience in research and development and fabrication of plas
- Guangdong Sanmak Lighting CO, LTD:
- Sanmak Lighting Co., Ltd adopt the western partnership system,Website:http://www.sanmaklight.com,it is a representative enterprise in the industry. At present,Sanmak have three shareholders, each of them have their own specialty, reaction to the market flexible, organization to the decisions efficient and unimpeded. The Chairman has the concept of setup, strong control ability to the trap of enterprise development and the opportunity of market. One of the Vice President is responsible for global market planning and the network location. The other Vice President engaged in the consultant management about twenty years, with the rich theoretical knowledge and a line of actual combat experience. In order to provide the comprehensive value and one-stop services for the customer. Sanmak through
- Shenzhen Xilong Electronics Co., Limited WS:
- Xilong is a high-tech enterprise which specializes in developing and producing all kinds of Home security products,Website:http://www.xsj-security.com, such as home security alarm systems; GSM alarm systems, burglar alarm system,alarm ip camera , smart ip camera,smart home device and other related home security products..
- Sunlight Group:
- Sunlight Group is really a large comprehensive worldwide buying and selling enterprise. It's investment and foreign buying and selling, its primary business scope includes move, investment,Initiate industry ETC.This groups persist the excellent multiplication development strategy, The audience headquarters is situated within the 46th floor of Jiangsu Building.The particular groups import and export powers, metal materials, medicine, chemicals, octane number additive, agrochemical, hardware, electronic items, materials and Clothes, food ETC. The company modes are the China-foreign partnership or cooperation, Processing with imported materials, processing with customer's materials, Transporting trade, ETC. The particular groups are positively developing the worldwide marketplaces and h
- SHENYANG OTECHEMICALS CO .,LTD:
- SHENYANG OTE CHEMICALS CO.,LTD is really a professional chemicals manufacturer and happen to be manufaturing and exporting basic chemical raw materials for more than 10 years . Our products meet the demand of various industries ,such as rubber industry ,painting &coating,water treatment,plastic ,paper-making,Textile industry and so on . With many years efforts, our items are offered all around the word. Using the good product quality and excellent credit, hopefully to setup a lengthy and good cooperation ralationship with any one of our customer.