- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:120-78-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Accelerator (DM) ( CASNO:120-78-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- Accelerator (DM)
- CAS Registry number:
- 2,2'-Dibenzothiazole disulfide
2,2-D ibenzothiazole Disulfide
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- yellow amorphous powder
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 532.5 °C at 760 mmHg
- 0mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
<0.01 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- <0.01 g/100 mL at 21 oC in water
- PALE YELLOW NEEDLES FROM BENZENE
Cream to off-white powder or pellets
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION: 271 NM (LOG E= 4.32); SADTLER REFERENCE NUMBER: 1344 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 1374 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 1-544 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:332.48672 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:3
Topological Polar Surface Area:133
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:4
Effective Rotor Count:3
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:109
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Poison by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes. Slightly toxic by ingestion. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of SOx and NOx. See also SULFIDES.
Risk Statements: 31-43-50/53
R31 :Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.?
R43:May cause sensitization by skin contact.?
R50/53:Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
S36/37:Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.?
S60:This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.?
S61:Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets.
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 2
- UN 3077
- ?2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) , with CAS number of 120-78-5, can be called 1,2-Bis(2-benzothiazolyl)disulfide ; 2,2'-Benzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Benzothiazyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Dibenzothiazole disulfide ; 2,2'-Dibenzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Dithiobis ; 2-Benzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide ; Bis(2-benzothiazolyl) disulfide ; Bis(benzothiazol-2-yl)disulfide ; Dibenzothiophene disulfide . It is a yellow amorphous powder.? 2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) (CAS NO.120-78-5) is used as universal promoting agents like the natural rubber, synthetic rubber, reclaimed rubber. 2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) (CAS NO.120-78-5) is mainly used in the manufacture of tires, tire tube, rubber belt, rubber overshoes and general industrial products. High purity Benzothiazole disulfide (pharmaceutical grade) is the important manufacturing cephalosporin antiphlogistics pharmaceutical intermediates.
- Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
OXIDATION OF 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLEU.S. Exports
(1972) 9.08X10+8 GRAMS (EST)
(1975) NDU.S. Imports
(1972) NEGLIGIBLE (EST)
(1975) NDU.S. Production
(1972) 9.66X10+9 GRAMS
(1975) 7.43X10+9 GRAMS
(1991) 4,419,000 kgConsumption Patterns
100% AS A RUBBER ACCELERATOR (EST) (1975)
- Accelerator for natural rubber, styrene-butadiene rubber, nitrile-butadiene rubber, butadiene rubber & for synthetic isoprene rubber.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- To determine the metabolic disposition of (l4)C-2-mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT) and (14)C-2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide (MBTS) male and female rats were dosed topically. Topical doses were 36.1 ug/animal for (14)C-MBT and 33.6 ug/animal for (14)C-MBTS. Although more MBT passed through the skin than MBTS and although relative to rats, guinea pigs absorbed a greater percentage of the dose (33.4% compared to 16.1-17.5% of the MBT and 12.2% compared to 5.94-7.87% for MBTS) the disposition of radioactivity derived from the two compounds was similar. Washing of the skin removed more of the radioactivity from guinea pigs than from rats. For both sexes of rats dosed iv with (14)C-MBT 0.602 mg/kg) or (14)C-MBTS 0.571 mg/kg) disposition of the compounds was similar. In 72 hr, 90.9-101% of the dose appeared in the urine and 3.79-15.1% in the feces. At this time a small portion of the administered radioactivity (1.52-1.96% of the dose) remained associated with erythrocytes. Oral dosing of rats for 14 days with unlabeled MBT (0.510 mg/kg/day) prior to a single dose of (14)C-MBT (0.503 mg/kg) or with unlabeled MBTS (0.521 mg/kg/day) prior to a single dose of (14)C-MBTS (0.730 mg/kg). For both sexes disposition of the compounds was similar. At 96 hr after dosing a small portion of the administered radioactivity (1.20-1.69% of the dose) remained associated with erythrocytes most of which was bound to the membranes. For both compounds and sexes 60.8-101% of the radioactivity administered appeared in the urine and 3.46-9.99% in the feces in 96 hr. At the time only trace amounts of radioactivity remained in tissues other than blood. Of these tissues thyroid contained the highest concentration. In the urine there was a detectable MBT or MBTS but there were two metabolites one of which was identified as a thioglucuronide derivative of MBT. The other was possibly a sulfonic acid derivative of MBT. In conclusion there were similarities in absorption, distribution, and metabolism of (14)C-MBT and (14)C-MBTS in rats and in guinea pigs, indicating that (14)C-MBTS was readily converted to (14)C-MBT. [ el Dareer SM et al; J Toxicol Environ Health 27 (1): 65-84 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: When released to soil, 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide will be categorized as immobile(3) based on estimated Koc values ranging from 10,960 to 755,000 (1,2). The rate of biodegradation in soil is probably slow (0.8% theoretical BOD in 2 weeks in an aqueous screening test using soil inoculum)(4).
AQUATIC FATE: Volatilization of 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide from water will not be an important fate process based on an estimated Henry's Law Constant of 2.34X10-13(1,2). Insufficient data are available to predict the relative importance or rate of biodegradation in aquatic conditions although one aqueous screening biodegradation test would suggest slow biodegradation(SRC). Aquatic bioconcentration factors of 1.0-7.2 and 1.4-51 for concentrations of 0.2 mg/l and 0.02 mg/l, respectively, were measured for carp(3). Since 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide absorbs light >290 nm(4), it has the potential to photolyze, alhtough the kinetics of the potential photlysis are not known(SRC). It is possible that 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide will adsorb to sediment or particulate material in an aquatic system based on its estimated Koc(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: If released to the atmosphere, 2,2'- dibenzothiazyl disulfide will degrade in the ambient atmosphere by reaction with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals with an estimated half-life of 1.3 hrs(1).
- Wuhan Meilongda Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- This really is Wuhan Meilongda Chemical Co., Ltd., professional supplier and leading exporter of different types of chemical materials. Rare Earth Oxide : cerium oxide, Cobalt Oxide , Lanthanum Oxide, Neodymium Oxide Pigment & Dyestuff :Iron Oxide,Zinc, chrome oxide eco-friendly, titanium dioxide, Carbon Black Acid Chemicals : acetic acidity, chromic acidity, Oxalic Acid Plastic Raw Materials : HDPE, ldpe, Lldpe, PVC Resin Besides, we export Sodium Cyanide, paraffin, sorbitol , caustic soda , used cooking oil , MEK and the like.
- Manufacturer of refrigeration equipment of quality:
- Http://world wide web.icecream-freezer.com
- Bestime Print Co., Ltd.:
- Bestime is a one-stop printing factory based in Shenzhen,Website:http://www.bestime-prints.com, China, providing printing and distributing service to customers around the world. Main products are Books, Magazines, Booklets, Catalogs, Bibles, Notebooks, Yellow pages, Cards, Posters, Bags, Stickers, Labels, Decals, Paper and PVC boxes etc. All products are customized. No price list. If you need quotation, please let me know the specifications. It will be great if you could send me file or picture for reference.
- Shenzhen PG Century Furniture Co., Ltd_Four:
- Shenzhen PG Century Furniture Co., Ltd was established in 2003, specializing in producing various sofas. Our products are famous for exquisite craftsmanship, excellent quality, attractive designs, latest technology,and reasonable price; therefore, they are exported to all over the world, mainly in Europe, and enjoy good reputation. We believe in “Basis on quality, and win from credit”. We are committed to providing customers with high-quality products and meritorious services. We adopt the world’s top-grade raw materials and good after-sales services in order to meet the needs of different customers, and continuously improve the development of our company. We hope to establish long-term cooperative relationships between each other and achieve win-win. Our company will be the ideal partn
- Punachem Company Limited:
- Founded in December 2001, Punachem Company Limited (former Punachem Laboratory Limited) is promoting to some group enterprise. Like a research-driven and market-focused company, Punachem offers local and global companies a broad and integrated portfolio of services varying from researching, developing, creating and selling memory and nylon material items, pharmaceutical custom manufacturing and specialty chemicals
- Jiangsu Shangyong New Material Co., Ltd.:
- Jiangsu Shangyong New Material Co., Ltd concentrate on cellulose field for decades. Our cellulose ether products including Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC),Website:http://www.jssy-chems.com, Polyanionic Cellulose (PAC) and Hydroxy Ethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC). There are over 100 staff members in our company, an annual sales figure that exceeds USD 80,000,000 in last year. After the improvement of the equipment in 2014, now our monthly production ability can be reached 1500MT. Our export volume is increasing in recent years, have gained a global sales network reaching Germany, Korea, Russia, USA, Argentina, Nigeria, etc. The products Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC), Polyanionic Cellulose (PAC) and Hydroxyethyl Methyl Cellulose (HEMC) we produce can be widely used in food, pharmceutical, constru
- BaoDing ZhongBoconveyor belt,idler Industry and Mining Machinery Co., ltd 15932:
- Onveyor belt, conveyor machinery integrated enterprise.Like a professional and leading conveyor belt and related add-ons manufacturer, Baoding Zhongbo Industry And Mining Machinery Co., Ltd. accomplished a great status with reliable items, top quality, Competitive Cost and good service. We're offering an extensive selection of conveyor devices and related add-ons relevant in a variety of fields and conditions. Using the coverage of entire China domestic market, we've permeated overseas marketplaces effectively for example Southeast nations, Russia and Nigeria. We feel our abundant global business operation experience and competitive items will without doubt enable us to grow global business quickly. Situated in Daqi Industrial Zone, 40km south of Baoding Town of Hebei Province, there exist
- YIWU AOGUANG IMP&EXP CO.,LTD:
- We're situated in Yiwu,we yiwu aoguang imp&exp Co.,Ltd., is really a professional plant manufacturer and happen to be manufaturing and exporting rare earth for more than 10 years . With many years efforts,Our items are offered to around the globe and happen to be granted high status through the clients for excellent quality and reasonale price . We cordially welcome buddies all walks of existence to possess business talk and cooperation with us .We'll last good cost with high quality.
- Hebei New Donghua Amino Acid Co.,Ltd.:
- Hebei Donghua Chemical Group (Abbr.DONGHUA CHEMICALS), situated around the East Second Ring Road of Shijiazhuang City the capital of Hebei Province, may be the earliest specialized enterprise involved in the study and manufacture of glycine in China, and possessed of comparatively greater technology level, bigger market occupation rate and more powerful economic actual strength. The audience is comprised of 5 companies, namely: Hebei Donghua Chemical General Company, Hebei Donghua Chemical Co.Ltd.(Partnership),Hebei Xindonghua Glycine Co.Ltd.(Partnership),Shijiazhuang Donghua Jiniong Chemical Industry Co.Ltd.,Hebei Wenda Chemical Co.Ltd.(Partnership). In glycine industry we are the initial enterprise to get ISO9002 quality certificate in China and in september 2004 we passed GB/T19001-2000
- Shijiazhuang Jirong Chemical Co., Ltd:
- Our Chrome Oxide Eco-friendly items are eco-friendly with Cr6+ = parts per million, and we are able to personalize the items to satisfy your needs by Cr6+, partical size and Chromotherapy. Color from light eco-friendly to dark eco-friendly, the contaminants of greater hardness may be used in smelting metallic chromium and chromium carbide, creating ceramic, grinding, sprucing up, Coating, printing ink etc. GM-Grade (Code No: GM-299, GM-505, GM-599) &ndash Micronized, eco-friendly spherical power, with zero Hexavalent Chromium (cr6+)=, Specifically created for the united states and the EU marketplaces. Broadly utilized in high-grade paints, Coating, pigments, Plastic, Glass, food-grade ceramics, epoxy floor Coating, cement, concrete and abrasive materials. GN-Grade