- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:120-78-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Accelerator (DM) ( CASNO:120-78-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- Accelerator (DM)
- CAS Registry number:
- 2,2'-Dibenzothiazole disulfide
2,2-D ibenzothiazole Disulfide
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- yellow amorphous powder
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 532.5 °C at 760 mmHg
- 0mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
<0.01 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- <0.01 g/100 mL at 21 oC in water
- PALE YELLOW NEEDLES FROM BENZENE
Cream to off-white powder or pellets
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION: 271 NM (LOG E= 4.32); SADTLER REFERENCE NUMBER: 1344 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 1374 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 1-544 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:332.48672 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:3
Topological Polar Surface Area:133
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:4
Effective Rotor Count:3
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:109
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Poison by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes. Slightly toxic by ingestion. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of SOx and NOx. See also SULFIDES.
Risk Statements: 31-43-50/53
R31 :Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.?
R43:May cause sensitization by skin contact.?
R50/53:Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
S36/37:Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.?
S60:This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.?
S61:Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets.
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 2
- UN 3077
- ?2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) , with CAS number of 120-78-5, can be called 1,2-Bis(2-benzothiazolyl)disulfide ; 2,2'-Benzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Benzothiazyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Dibenzothiazole disulfide ; 2,2'-Dibenzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Dithiobis ; 2-Benzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide ; Bis(2-benzothiazolyl) disulfide ; Bis(benzothiazol-2-yl)disulfide ; Dibenzothiophene disulfide . It is a yellow amorphous powder.? 2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) (CAS NO.120-78-5) is used as universal promoting agents like the natural rubber, synthetic rubber, reclaimed rubber. 2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) (CAS NO.120-78-5) is mainly used in the manufacture of tires, tire tube, rubber belt, rubber overshoes and general industrial products. High purity Benzothiazole disulfide (pharmaceutical grade) is the important manufacturing cephalosporin antiphlogistics pharmaceutical intermediates.
- Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
OXIDATION OF 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLEU.S. Exports
(1972) 9.08X10+8 GRAMS (EST)
(1975) NDU.S. Imports
(1972) NEGLIGIBLE (EST)
(1975) NDU.S. Production
(1972) 9.66X10+9 GRAMS
(1975) 7.43X10+9 GRAMS
(1991) 4,419,000 kgConsumption Patterns
100% AS A RUBBER ACCELERATOR (EST) (1975)
- Accelerator for natural rubber, styrene-butadiene rubber, nitrile-butadiene rubber, butadiene rubber & for synthetic isoprene rubber.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- To determine the metabolic disposition of (l4)C-2-mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT) and (14)C-2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide (MBTS) male and female rats were dosed topically. Topical doses were 36.1 ug/animal for (14)C-MBT and 33.6 ug/animal for (14)C-MBTS. Although more MBT passed through the skin than MBTS and although relative to rats, guinea pigs absorbed a greater percentage of the dose (33.4% compared to 16.1-17.5% of the MBT and 12.2% compared to 5.94-7.87% for MBTS) the disposition of radioactivity derived from the two compounds was similar. Washing of the skin removed more of the radioactivity from guinea pigs than from rats. For both sexes of rats dosed iv with (14)C-MBT 0.602 mg/kg) or (14)C-MBTS 0.571 mg/kg) disposition of the compounds was similar. In 72 hr, 90.9-101% of the dose appeared in the urine and 3.79-15.1% in the feces. At this time a small portion of the administered radioactivity (1.52-1.96% of the dose) remained associated with erythrocytes. Oral dosing of rats for 14 days with unlabeled MBT (0.510 mg/kg/day) prior to a single dose of (14)C-MBT (0.503 mg/kg) or with unlabeled MBTS (0.521 mg/kg/day) prior to a single dose of (14)C-MBTS (0.730 mg/kg). For both sexes disposition of the compounds was similar. At 96 hr after dosing a small portion of the administered radioactivity (1.20-1.69% of the dose) remained associated with erythrocytes most of which was bound to the membranes. For both compounds and sexes 60.8-101% of the radioactivity administered appeared in the urine and 3.46-9.99% in the feces in 96 hr. At the time only trace amounts of radioactivity remained in tissues other than blood. Of these tissues thyroid contained the highest concentration. In the urine there was a detectable MBT or MBTS but there were two metabolites one of which was identified as a thioglucuronide derivative of MBT. The other was possibly a sulfonic acid derivative of MBT. In conclusion there were similarities in absorption, distribution, and metabolism of (14)C-MBT and (14)C-MBTS in rats and in guinea pigs, indicating that (14)C-MBTS was readily converted to (14)C-MBT. [ el Dareer SM et al; J Toxicol Environ Health 27 (1): 65-84 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: When released to soil, 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide will be categorized as immobile(3) based on estimated Koc values ranging from 10,960 to 755,000 (1,2). The rate of biodegradation in soil is probably slow (0.8% theoretical BOD in 2 weeks in an aqueous screening test using soil inoculum)(4).
AQUATIC FATE: Volatilization of 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide from water will not be an important fate process based on an estimated Henry's Law Constant of 2.34X10-13(1,2). Insufficient data are available to predict the relative importance or rate of biodegradation in aquatic conditions although one aqueous screening biodegradation test would suggest slow biodegradation(SRC). Aquatic bioconcentration factors of 1.0-7.2 and 1.4-51 for concentrations of 0.2 mg/l and 0.02 mg/l, respectively, were measured for carp(3). Since 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide absorbs light >290 nm(4), it has the potential to photolyze, alhtough the kinetics of the potential photlysis are not known(SRC). It is possible that 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide will adsorb to sediment or particulate material in an aquatic system based on its estimated Koc(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: If released to the atmosphere, 2,2'- dibenzothiazyl disulfide will degrade in the ambient atmosphere by reaction with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals with an estimated half-life of 1.3 hrs(1).
- HUPC CHEMICAL CO., LTD.:
- HUPC Chemical Co., Ltd. is involved in pigment industry. Our company specializes in creating, researching and conveying a complete selection of pigments.We provide a multitude of pigments, including organic pigments, Inorganic Pigments, flush pigments, Photoluminescent pigments, pigment presscakes, Pigment chips, metal complex solvent dyes, Iron oxide pigments, ceramic pigments and enamel pigments, that are well utilized in the industries of printing ink, Coating, Plastic, rubber, Compound, Leather chemical, bill-printing, oil, textile printing, stationery, Glass, Ceramic and cement.Greater than 80% of HUPC pigments are suitable for export. Our clients come from greater than 40 nations and areas, including The United States, South Usa, Southeast Asia, the center East, Russia, Europe and Af
- Tangshan Sanding Chemicals Co.,Ltd:
- profile: Tangshan Sanding Chemicals Co.,Ltd offers chemical items. Our items include guanidine hydrochloride, Sulfamic acidity, sodium sulfamate, liquid guanidine hydrochloride, guanidine sulfamate, ammonium sulfamate and magnesium sulfate. Ourguanidine hydrochloride can be used to create sulfanilamides drugs and antistatic agent of synthetic fiber.
- Yiwu Fashion Zone Eyewear Co., Ltd:
- Fashion Zone Eyewear?as a professional sunglasses and reading glasses supplier was founded?in 2010 and located in Yiwu city which is the biggest small commodity wholesale market in the world. With 6 years' professional eyewear experience,Website:http://www.fashionzoneeyewear.com, we aim to provide the most competitive price and newest designs for buyers from all over the world. Our strict management in quality control and production lead time make us different. Fashion zone eyewear will be the best supplier for all your wholesale sunglasses and reading glasses needs.?Because our sunglasses and reading glasses are directly from our strategic partner factories, we can offer you the best prices around. When you choose us as your supplier, you are coming into a world of possibilities.? Perha
- Xingtai Yeshidi Chemicals Co.,ltd:
- Xingtai Yeshidi Chemicals Co.,ltd continues to be serving the worldwide market, with advanced and specialized chemical technology items and processes. The number of industrial chemicals and engineering expertise suits the plastic, rubber, FRESH Fresh paint, leather and many other industries./ / YESHIDI includes a world-wide status for Quality. It exports a significant volume of its MEG andfurfuryl alcohol to numerous nations including India, Iran, Malaysia, thailand, Dubai, ETC. YESHIDI is dedicated to provide total Client Satisfaction by providing enhanced services, creating lengthy-term working associations with clients to be able to understand and meet their individual needs. Every worker is driven by the necessity to place the customer first./ / The group's activities have finally
- Jinan huolong thermal ceramics Co.,Ltd76489:
- Inan Huolong thermal ceramics CO., Ltd. Is really a high-tech businesses integrating product research and development, production, sales and application service, consists of two manufacture sub-factory , a engineering company and an institute. Jinan Huolong may be the domestic leading r&d and production base of ceramics fiber and Nano hole heat insulation materials Company production devices are advanced, technical pressure is wealthy. And our items have covering four temperature type of 1050, 1260,1400 and 1600. we are able to produce 8000 tons using more than 3 kinds items twelve months including bulk, Blanket, felt, board, Special-shape items, Module, paper, textile and non-shape items. Ceramic fiber—aerogel board may be the latest items of Jinan Huolong Thermal Ceramics CO.,Ltd. with
- Shenzhen WFD Electronics Co.,Ltd:
- Shenzhen WFD Electronics Co.,Ltd is a professional USB connector,Website:http://www.type-c-usb.com, mini USB connector, rj11 connector, battery terminal connector, rj45 socket, phone jack, dc power jack, laptop dc power jack suppliers and manufacturers from China. Welcome to wholesale products from us.
- CZIC GROUP CO.,LTD:
- Our company is one of the biggest manufacturing and trading companies in China. We have been specialized in manufacturing concrete pump spare parts for 20 years and are specialized in producing all kinds of concrete pump parts.? Export Country? And more ,Website:http://www.pumppartsmax.com,we have business with 43 countries ,like pakistan,Russian,Iran,Saudia,Jordan,Korea,Japan,Germany,American,Mexcio,Chile.Vietnam,etc? Product goods? Now we main export:Pipe ,Elblow,Clamp,Flange,Rubber Hose,Piston,S valve,Wear Parts,Cleaning ball and so on? Popular goods? ST52 Pipe: is very popular in Saudia,Jordan,Iran,Chile,Kuwait,etc Country,Every month ,we export Concrete Pipe about 6000Pieces,The company now has superb technology, advanced welding equipment and spraying equipment,becasue in the Midd
- Zhuhaishi Shuangbojie Technology Co.,Ltd.:
- Zhuhaishi Shuangbojie Technology Co.,Ltd. is a leading Chinese chemical supplier special in hormone powder steroids. Resort to its sophisticated technology, the company integrates R&D, producing, operating and marketing into an organic whole. Our company capital asserts is above 300 million RMB. According to the GMP standard, the company has built 30000 sq.m plant equipped the advanced equipment. The factory has a complete Q.A. & Q.C. system. We own several sets of analyzing instruments with high efficiency and high sensitivity, such as HPLC, GC and UV spectrophotometer to analyze and control the products. We have the authority of export and import, and we have passed ISO9001, KOSHER and REACH Submission Report.
- S.Z. Phystandard Bio-Tech Co., Ltd.:
- ShenZhen Phystandard Bio-Tech. CO., Ltd. is really a biotechnology enterprise focused on planning, manufacturing and marketing on reference substances. Our strong research staff, advanced purification facilities and complete quality testing techniques bring us great accomplishments within the researches of natural product and Chemical synthesis,. Utilizing abundant Chinese plant sources and modern advanced instruments, through high-efficient isolation and Identification, we've separated and pufified a lot of active compounds from natural medications, and further developed a number of chemical items by structure modification. We dedicate ourselves to building an worldwide influence researching center of reference substances, and provide high-pure chemical substances or lead compounds to pro