- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:120-78-5
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Accelerator (DM) ( CASNO:120-78-5 )
Identification and Related Records
- Accelerator (DM)
- CAS Registry number:
- 2,2'-Dibenzothiazole disulfide
2,2-D ibenzothiazole Disulfide
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- yellow amorphous powder
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 532.5 °C at 760 mmHg
- 0mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
<0.01 g/100 mL at 21 ºC
- <0.01 g/100 mL at 21 oC in water
- PALE YELLOW NEEDLES FROM BENZENE
Cream to off-white powder or pellets
- Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
- Spectral properties:
- MAX ABSORPTION: 271 NM (LOG E= 4.32); SADTLER REFERENCE NUMBER: 1344 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 1374 (Coblentz Society Spectral Collection)
UV: 1-544 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:332.48672 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:3
Topological Polar Surface Area:133
Heavy Atom Count:20
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Feature 3D Ring Count:4
Effective Rotor Count:3
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:109
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Poison by intravenous and intraperitoneal routes. Slightly toxic by ingestion. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. Questionable carcinogen with experimental tumorigenic data. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits very toxic fumes of SOx and NOx. See also SULFIDES.
Risk Statements: 31-43-50/53
R31 :Contact with acids liberates toxic gas.?
R43:May cause sensitization by skin contact.?
R50/53:Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.
S36/37:Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.?
S60:This material and its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste.?
S61:Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets.
RIDADR: UN 3077 9/PG 3
WGK Germany: 2
- UN 3077
- ?2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) , with CAS number of 120-78-5, can be called 1,2-Bis(2-benzothiazolyl)disulfide ; 2,2'-Benzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Benzothiazyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Dibenzothiazole disulfide ; 2,2'-Dibenzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2,2'-Dithiobis ; 2-Benzothiazolyl disulfide ; 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide ; Bis(2-benzothiazolyl) disulfide ; Bis(benzothiazol-2-yl)disulfide ; Dibenzothiophene disulfide . It is a yellow amorphous powder.? 2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) (CAS NO.120-78-5) is used as universal promoting agents like the natural rubber, synthetic rubber, reclaimed rubber. 2,2'-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) (CAS NO.120-78-5) is mainly used in the manufacture of tires, tire tube, rubber belt, rubber overshoes and general industrial products. High purity Benzothiazole disulfide (pharmaceutical grade) is the important manufacturing cephalosporin antiphlogistics pharmaceutical intermediates.
- Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
OXIDATION OF 2-MERCAPTOBENZOTHIAZOLEU.S. Exports
(1972) 9.08X10+8 GRAMS (EST)
(1975) NDU.S. Imports
(1972) NEGLIGIBLE (EST)
(1975) NDU.S. Production
(1972) 9.66X10+9 GRAMS
(1975) 7.43X10+9 GRAMS
(1991) 4,419,000 kgConsumption Patterns
100% AS A RUBBER ACCELERATOR (EST) (1975)
- Accelerator for natural rubber, styrene-butadiene rubber, nitrile-butadiene rubber, butadiene rubber & for synthetic isoprene rubber.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- To determine the metabolic disposition of (l4)C-2-mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT) and (14)C-2-mercaptobenzothiazole disulfide (MBTS) male and female rats were dosed topically. Topical doses were 36.1 ug/animal for (14)C-MBT and 33.6 ug/animal for (14)C-MBTS. Although more MBT passed through the skin than MBTS and although relative to rats, guinea pigs absorbed a greater percentage of the dose (33.4% compared to 16.1-17.5% of the MBT and 12.2% compared to 5.94-7.87% for MBTS) the disposition of radioactivity derived from the two compounds was similar. Washing of the skin removed more of the radioactivity from guinea pigs than from rats. For both sexes of rats dosed iv with (14)C-MBT 0.602 mg/kg) or (14)C-MBTS 0.571 mg/kg) disposition of the compounds was similar. In 72 hr, 90.9-101% of the dose appeared in the urine and 3.79-15.1% in the feces. At this time a small portion of the administered radioactivity (1.52-1.96% of the dose) remained associated with erythrocytes. Oral dosing of rats for 14 days with unlabeled MBT (0.510 mg/kg/day) prior to a single dose of (14)C-MBT (0.503 mg/kg) or with unlabeled MBTS (0.521 mg/kg/day) prior to a single dose of (14)C-MBTS (0.730 mg/kg). For both sexes disposition of the compounds was similar. At 96 hr after dosing a small portion of the administered radioactivity (1.20-1.69% of the dose) remained associated with erythrocytes most of which was bound to the membranes. For both compounds and sexes 60.8-101% of the radioactivity administered appeared in the urine and 3.46-9.99% in the feces in 96 hr. At the time only trace amounts of radioactivity remained in tissues other than blood. Of these tissues thyroid contained the highest concentration. In the urine there was a detectable MBT or MBTS but there were two metabolites one of which was identified as a thioglucuronide derivative of MBT. The other was possibly a sulfonic acid derivative of MBT. In conclusion there were similarities in absorption, distribution, and metabolism of (14)C-MBT and (14)C-MBTS in rats and in guinea pigs, indicating that (14)C-MBTS was readily converted to (14)C-MBT. [ el Dareer SM et al; J Toxicol Environ Health 27 (1): 65-84 (1989)] PubMed Abstract
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: When released to soil, 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide will be categorized as immobile(3) based on estimated Koc values ranging from 10,960 to 755,000 (1,2). The rate of biodegradation in soil is probably slow (0.8% theoretical BOD in 2 weeks in an aqueous screening test using soil inoculum)(4).
AQUATIC FATE: Volatilization of 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide from water will not be an important fate process based on an estimated Henry's Law Constant of 2.34X10-13(1,2). Insufficient data are available to predict the relative importance or rate of biodegradation in aquatic conditions although one aqueous screening biodegradation test would suggest slow biodegradation(SRC). Aquatic bioconcentration factors of 1.0-7.2 and 1.4-51 for concentrations of 0.2 mg/l and 0.02 mg/l, respectively, were measured for carp(3). Since 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide absorbs light >290 nm(4), it has the potential to photolyze, alhtough the kinetics of the potential photlysis are not known(SRC). It is possible that 2,2'-dibenzothiazyl disulfide will adsorb to sediment or particulate material in an aquatic system based on its estimated Koc(SRC).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: If released to the atmosphere, 2,2'- dibenzothiazyl disulfide will degrade in the ambient atmosphere by reaction with photochemically produced hydroxyl radicals with an estimated half-life of 1.3 hrs(1).
- Cellulose Industrial Limited:
- CELLULOSE INDUSTRIAL LIMITED. is really a leading manufacturer and exporter of a multitude of fine cellulose acetate sheets and PVC Sheets. Our main products are as below : Cellulose sheet, PVC Sheets, probably the most pattern including: Mother gem, Color gem, tortoise covering, mono color, Ammunition material, 2-layers sheets, ETC. This is our method of business. We always care our clients, our employees, our items and Our industrial facilities. We'll come up with simple to use and Simple, should you provide us with the orders, You don't have to be worried about anything, just sit and wait there, you will get high quality items promptly. We feel in equality, Fair, quality and Service and efficiency and Trust. most significantly, we will be ready to use your organization! We might possibl
- Hangzhou Zhangshitonghe Shoes Company LTD:
- Angzhou Zhangshitonghe Shoes Company LTD is locacted in the famous beautiful city - Hangzhou, Capital of Zhejiang Province, close to the West Lake. Formerly,she was call "Kaixuan Footwear Factory", the 3rd leading company in shoe-making. At 1997 Zhangshitonghe and her footwear offered all around the East China, the organization network through the Hainan, Qi Qi Ha Er - probably the most north of Heilongjiang, Xigaze and Kelamyi - probably the most west of China.//http://world wide web.rocksafetyshoes.com/
- Shanghai Agrochina International Trade Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Shanghai Agrochina Worldwide Trade Co., Ltd. is an expert in offering herbicides, insectides, fungicides, Seed products, manure and grain. Ethephon is really a plant growth regulator. It's accustomed to promote pre-harvest ripening in apples, CURRANTS, blackberries, blueberries, Red grapes and fodder beet seed crops, coffee & capsicums.humic acidity is definitely an organic fertilizer. It's accustomed to provide vitamins and minerals required for plant growth. It's generally utilized as base fertilizer, foliage fertilizer or seed sinking. When put on an increasing crop in the perfect time, it quickly corrects nutrient inadequacies and creates more powerful and more healthy plants, which enhances plant development and helps you to optimize yield potential.
- Xiamen FuKang Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Iamen FuKang Chemical Co. Ltd., is focusing within the development, production and marketing of industrial/speciality chemicals , having a spirit of " Belief to success",We offer top quality items and considerate plan to domestic and worldwide clients previously years.We've our very own chemical factory, generally involved in manufacture of electroplating intermediates, organic fluorides and other fine chemicals.We're also disbursing items of other cooperating industrial facilities our agent items include the concept of shellac, tin salt series, chromic salt series, phytic acidity series, recycleables for electroplating industry, and other fine chemicals. We offer a complete range of Industrial Chemicals , Food chemicals and Feed chemicals covering an array of industries: Detergent, wate
- Zhejiang Linhai Xinhua Chemical Factory:
- profile:Zhejiang Linhai Xinhua Chemical Factory is an expert in rubber auxiliaries. We're an ISO 9001:2000 Licensed COMPANY.
- SHIJIAZHUANG CENTRYCHEM IMP.&EXP.CO,.LTD:
- Shijiazhuang Centrychem Imp.& exp. CO., Ltd. is focused on creating and conveying chemicals recycleables which situated in Hebei, China. We own four subsidiary plants and we love tax exemption rights.Being an ISO 9001:2000 licensed manufacturer, we've been granted the title of "Good Belief Enterprise" by clients permanently quality and reasonable cost.Our primary items include fundamental inorganic, organic chemicals, for example Lithopone, formic acidity,Zinc, Caustic soda, titanium dioxide, sodium hexametaphosphate, LABSA, andcarbon Black etc. And there's an annual turnover greater than RMB 100 million.Led by good online marketing strategy and high product quality, we've established lengthy term and stable cooperative relations with 100s of businesses in Europe, USA, Middle East, Southea
- Shanghai Passiono international co., ltd.:
- Passiono, began in Shanghai in 2003, is devoted towards the industry of human's diet and healthcare industry in order to enhance individuals defense mechanisms. Using the enhancing credibility, the organization loved seem business growth previously time. We built lengthy term cooperation with lots of United States branding companies on R&D and Marketing, we signed OEM agreement with European clients. Passiono's value continues to be fully identified by more and more clients who purchase our items and enjoy our considerate service.
- Cangzhou Guangfa Chemical Products Co.,Ltd:
- CangZhou GuangFa Chemical Items Co., Ltd, has transpired "ISO9001: 2008" worldwide quality management system certification, The organization began in 1999, is focused on creating chemical recycleables, supplying product manufacturing, and doing research and itself, Existing 36 senior scientists, Greater than 400 employees, and has first-class production equipment and scientific inspection system, has frequently visited the provincial and municipal quality inspection department from the recognition.Previously couple of years the efforts of staff, sticking towards the "honesty, credibility first" business reasons, setup their own business philosophy, Subscriber base and set up a good status. My opportunity mainly produces all sorts of engineering plastic raw material and modification of rece
- Green Graphene LLC:
- We produce top quality graphene by eco-friendly method.
- Artwing Display Co., Ltd:
- AW Display is today one of the world’s leading manufacturers,Website:http://www.awmannequins.com, suppliers & designers of innovative fashion and quality shop window mannequin, bust form, torso, props and display accessories. AW Display’s good name in the business has been built on it’s reputation of it’s focus and continuous pursuit of perfection. Based in the southern, Guangdong Province China, the industries focus place, cooperated industries are easy going & fast reaction, meanwhile, our skilled team with good communication and professional. Posses 2 manufacturing facilities, equipped with advanced manufacturing device, like transportation production line to deduct accident damage for man moving, UV drying production line and no dust painting room. Through years OEM supplying experie
- Beijing infoark technology development.co.ltd:
- The Infoark company started in 2003, the organization mainly handles raw medical material, medicine Intermediates.