- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:1191-15-7
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Diisobutylaluminum hydride ( CASNO:1191-15-7 )
Identification and Related Records
- Diisobutylaluminum hydride
- CAS Registry number:
- Iupac name:
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Colorless liquid.
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- Flash Point:
- vigorous reaction
- Water Solubility : vigorous reaction
- Colorless liquid
- Less sensitive to oxidation in air than trialkylaluminums aluminum alkyls.
- Storage temp:
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:141.210058 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:4
Topological Polar Surface Area:0
Heavy Atom Count:9
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Mildly toxic by inhalation. Dangerous fire hazard; ignites spontaneously in air. To fight fire, do not use water, foam, or halogenated extinguishing agents. See also HYDRIDES and ALUMINUM COMPOUNDS.
Hazard Codes: F,T,C,N
11: Highly Flammable
14: Reacts violently with water
15: Contact with water liberates extremely flammable gases
17: Spontaneously flammable in air
19: May form explosive peroxides
20: Harmful by inhalation
21: Harmful in contact with skin
22: Harmful if swallowed
23: Toxic by inhalation
24: Toxic in contact with skin
25: Toxic if swallowed
34: Causes burns
35: Causes severe burns
40: Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect
48: Danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure
49: May cause cancer by inhalation
50: Very Toxic to aquatic organisms
51: Toxic to aquatic organisms
53: May cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment
60: May impair fertility
63: Possible risk of harm to the unborn child
65: Harmful: May cause lung damage if swallowed
16: Keep away from sources of ignition - No smoking
26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
27: Take off immediately all contaminated clothing
29: Do not empty into drains
36: Wear suitable protective clothing
37: Wear suitable gloves
39: Wear eye/face protection
43: In case of fire, use ... (indicate in the space the precise type of fire-fighting equipment. If water increases the risk add - Never use water)
45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show label where possible)
61: Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions safety data sheet
62: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting: seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label
- Air Sensitive/Heat Sensitive
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- Irritation of the eyes has been noted in patients who have been exposed /to aluminum alkyls/. /Aluminum alkyls/
May cause minor irritation to lungs or eyes. /Aluminum (dust or powder)/
- UN 3394
- Fire Fighting Procedures:
- Do not use water, foam or halogenated extinguishing agents.
Stop flow of liquid before extinguishing fire. Use dry chemical or carbon dioxide. DO NOT use water as straight stream directly on spilled material. Water fog can be used to control fire. DO NOT use halogenated extinguishing agents on spilled material. Violent reaction may result. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Fight fire from protected location or maximum possible distance. /Aluminum Alkyls/
- Fire Potential:
- The undiluted material ignites in air unless diluted to below 25% concentration.
Ignites spontaneously in air.
Certain polymerization catalysts, such as aluminum alkyls, react & burn violently on contact with water. /Aluminum alkyls/
Aluminum alkyls are organic aluminum compounds that are highly reactive and dangerous because of spontaneous burning in air. /Aluminum alkyls/
Prophoric material in flammable solvent. Vapors are heavier than air & may travel to a source of ignition & flash back. /Aluminum alkyls/
- SUPPLIED AS A SOLN IN HYDROCARBON SOLVENTS.
- DOT Emergency Guidelines:
- /GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Fire or Explosion: Produce flammable gases on contact with water. May ignite on contact with water or moist air. Some react vigorously or explosively on contact with water. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished. Some are transported in highly flammable liquids. Runoff may create fire or explosion hazard. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Health: Inhalation or contact with vapors, substance, or decomposition products may cause severe injury or death. May produce corrosive solutions on contact with water. Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Public Safety: CALL Emergency Response Telephone Number ... . As an immediate precautionary measure, isolate spill or leak area in all directions for at least 50 meters (150 feet) for liquids and at least 25 meter (75 feet) for solids. Keep unauthorized personnel away. Stay upwind. Keep out of low areas. Ventilate the area before entry. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Protective Clothing: Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Wear chemical protective clothing that is specifically recommended by the manufacturer. It may provide little or no thermal protection. Structural firefighters' protective clothing will only provide limited protection in fire situations ONLY; it is not effective in spill situations where direct contact with the substance is possible. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Evacuation: ... If tank, rail car or tank truck is involved in a fire, ISOLATE for 800 meters (1/2 mile) in all directions; also, consider initial evacuation for 800 meters (1/2 mile) in all directions. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Fire: DO NOT USE WATER OR FOAM. Small fires: Dry chemical, soda ash, lime or sand. Large fires: DRY sand, dry chemical, soda ash or lime or withdraw from area and let fire burn. Move containers from fire area if you can do it without risk. ... Fire involving tanks or car/trailer loads: Fight fire from maximum distance or use unmanned hose holders or monitor nozzles. Do not get water inside containers. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. Withdraw immediately in case of rising sound from venting safety devices or discoloration of tank. ALWAYS stay away from tanks engulfed in fire. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ Spill or Leak: ELIMINATE all ignition sources (no smoking, flares, sparks or flames in immediate area). Do not touch or walk through spilled material. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Use water spray to reduce vapors or divert vapor cloud drift. Avoid allowing water runoff to contact spilled material. DO NOT GET WATER on spilled substance or inside containers. Small spills: Cover with DRY earth, DRY sand, or other non-combustible material followed with plastic sheet to minimize spreading or contact with rain. Dike for later disposal; do not apply water unless directed to do so. Powder spills: Cover powder spill with plastic sheet or tarp to minimize spreading and keep powder dry. DO NOT CLEAN-UP OR DISPOSE OF, EXCEPT UNDER SUPERVISION OF A SPECIALIST. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
/GUIDE 138: SUBSTANCES - WATER-REACTIVE (EMITTING FLAMMABLE GASES)/ First Aid: Move victim to fresh air. Call 911 or emergency medical service. Give artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with substance, wipe from skin immediately; flush skin or eyes with running water for at least 20 minutes. Keep victim warm and quiet. Ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved and take precautions to protect themselves. /Aluminum alkyl hydrides/
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Extremely reactive with air, moisture, and compounds containing active hydrogen... /Alkyl aluminum compounds/
Reacts violently with a broad range of materials including air & water. /Aluminum alkyls/
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
Work clothing that becomes wet or significantly contaminated should be removed and replaced. /Aluminum (soluble salts and alkyls, as Al)/
Workers whose clothing may have become contaminated should change into uncontaminated clothing before leaving the work premises. /Aluminum (soluble salts and alkyls, as Al)/
The worker should immediately wash the skin when it becomes contaminated. /Aluminum (soluble salts and alkyls, as Al)/
SRP: Contaminated protective clothing should be segregated in such a manner so that there is no direct personal contact by personnel who handle, dispose, or clean the clothing. Quality assurance to ascertain the completeness of the cleaning procedures should be implemented before the decontaminated protective clothing is returned for reuse by the workers. Contaminated clothing should not be taken home at end of shift, but should remain at employee's place of work for cleaning.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact. /Aluminum (soluble salts and alkyls, as Al/
Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact. /Aluminum (soluble salts and alkyls, as Al)/
Protective clothing and a high standard of training in the necessary precautionary measures are essential for the handling of the materials. /Aluminum alkyls/
- Diisobutylaluminium hydride (1191-15-7) also can be called Dibal-H ; Diisobutylaluminum ; Al-Diisobutyl ; Hydrobis(2-methylpropyl)aluminium .It is hazardous,so the first aid measures and others should be known.Such as: When on the skin: first,should flush skin with plenty of water immediatelyfor at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing. Secondly,Get shoesmedical aid . Or in the eyes: Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids.Then get medical aid soon.While ,it's Inhaled: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.Give artificial respiration while not breathing. When breathing is difficult, give oxygen.And as soon as to get medical aid. Then you have the ingesting of the product : Do not induce vomiting.If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.If conscious drink water, then induce vomiting. And get medical aid immediately.Notes to physician: Treat supportively and symptomatically.
In addition, Diisobutylaluminium hydride (1191-15-7) can be stable under normal temperature.It is not compatible with strong oxidizing agents, ignition sources, and you must not take it with water, acids, alcohols, organic halides, and not be exposured to moist air or water.And also prevent it to broken down into hazardous decomposition products: carbon dioxide,carbon monoxide, hydrogen gas, aluminum oxide.
- Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.
- Disposal Methods:
- Aluminum compounds are treated under anhydrous conditions to prevent violent reactions, recover solvent, and form Al compounds suitable for landfill by reaction with anhydrous hydrolysis agent, eg calcium hydroxide. /Aluminum compounds/
SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
Reaction of isobutylene and hydrogen with aluminum.
CONTROLLED THERMAL DECOMPOSITION OF TRIISOBUTYLALUMINUM TO DIISOBUTYLALUMINUM HYDRIDE & ISOBUTENE; DIRECT REACTION OF ALUMINUM, HYDROGEN, & TRIISOBUTYLALUMINUMU.S. Production
(1979) PROBABLY GREATER THAN 4.54X10+6 GRAMS
- Reducing agent in pharmaceuticals.
- SHANDONG SHENGWO NEW ENERGY VEHICLE CO., LTD:
- Shandong?shengwo?new?energy?vehicle?Co.,?LTD?belong to Shandong shengwo stock?group?company,Website:http://www.fangpowermoto.com,?integrating?designing,?producing?and?selling?a?series?of?products?which?include? ATV?(all?terrain?vehicles),?UTV?(utility?vehicles),?mini?trucks?&?4WD?parts,?engines? and?parts,all products pass ISO9001:2008, CE, EEC, EPA and DOT approvals.? Our?company?is?located?in?Zibo?centre?area,?Zhangdian?Area,?Zibo?City,?P.R.?China,?Occupying?an?area?of?10,000?square?meters.?We?enjoy?convenient?transportation?access?and?are?close?to?Qingdao?port.
- Qingdao East International Corp.:
- Qingdao Yishite Worldwide Trade Co., Ltd. is really a professional supplier of import and export of chemical recycleables, large companies, professional agents from the Department from the earlier way to obtain imported polyethylene wax, the organization formerly referred to as Qingdao Road, PU Chemical Worldwide Trade Co., Ltd., established in1993, the organization agent in landmass China, our items are absolutely in the origin, because of the current domestic wax market was mixed, for, we can provide you with the LP Series FDA approved (U. s. National food Safety Certification) product qualityanalysis and proof!
- Hebei Senkailin Chemical Co., Ltd.:
- Hebei Senkailin Chemical Co., Ltd. is really a professional company mainly manufacturing Chemical Medicine, fine chemicals, mining metallurgy, petrochemical, chemical waste and Service.
- Hebei Bokai Chemicals Technology Co., Ltd:
- Shenyang Jiutongyuan Chemicals Co., Ltd. is really a professional manufacturer and exporter in neuro-scientific chemical items. We stock comprehensive materials, which may be used in Paint & Dye, leather, textile, rubber, Detergent and water treatment. Our organization mainly exports Titanium Dioxide, Zinc,Copper Sulphate, and our items are utilized within the Paint & Coating industry, rubber industry, Water-treatment Industry, ETC.
- LuBon Industry Co., Ltd.:
- Lubon Industry Co.,Ltd. (http://world wide web.lubonchem.com), the director of Jinling Chamber of Commerce, is a diversified large-scale group company , mainly concentrating on manufacturing, research and growth and development of new items,mainly concentrating on manufacturing,research and growth and development of new items. It mainly deals with the next series of items: Organic and inorganic chemicals Water treatment chemicals API and agrochemical Intermediates The textile and dyeing industry chemicals The meals and feed industry chemicals...
- Henan kingdom chemicals co.,ltd:
- HENAN KINGDOM CHEMICALS CO.,LTD have focused on the manufacture, research, development, Marketing and distribution of chemicals items for several years. We're the professional manufacturer of chemicals which certificated because the High-Technology-Enterprise in China. We are able to offer an array of chemicals items rich in product quality. Because the establishment of the organization in 2005, we attached importance to the high quality, worked to construct brand, centered on the marketing needs and provided the very best services to the clients.
- Shenzhen Konix Technology Co,Ltd:
- Shenzhen Konix Technology Co., Ltd is one of the largest silicone flexible keyboard,Website:http://www.konixmus.com, silicone electronic drum kits and roll up piano producer in china. We are one of flexible keyboard, Bluetooth keyboard, iPad keyboard, 88 keys piano, hand roll piano, roll up piano, portable roll up piano, keyboards music, flexible keyboard piano( Separable & folding siliocne piano), electronic drum,roll up drum kit, midi drum ki, usb game pad, drum pad, electric guitar cable,usb guitar link cable, guitar cable 6.35mm,usb to midi cable, Portable Karaoke, silicone drum manufactory in shenzhen, beautiful design, stable quality
- Chongqing Acme Tech.Co.,Ltd.:
- Chongqing Acme Tech. Corp. is really a professional chemical company focused on research and output of nonionic surfactants, Chemicals and special chemicals.Situated in Chongqing city, the commercial center of Southwest China, the organization possessed its very own research & experiment center and a manufacture plant, and also established an extensive cooperation along with other chemical institutes national wide, which enable it keep ahead in technology when developing new special chemicals.Acme Tech. Corp. has flourish in developing a number of new nonionic surfactants with multifunction both wetting and foaming control, which apply as chemicals in films, offers, ink and Printing industries.Meanwhile we established a dependable supply resource of numerous Ultra violet absorbers, Light S
- Tianjin Jinyixin Chemical Co.,LTD:
- Tianjin Jinyixin Chemical Co., Ltd is situated close to the greatest port of North China -Tianjin Port, taking up a complete section of 60000 square meters. It's focused on developing, manufacturing, and disbursing chemical product for many years. Our leading items are PAC, SHSP, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, formic acidity,calcium carbide and many more which touch our everyday lives in several ways. We serve the raw material for any diverse selection of industries, including Oil & Gas, Paint & Films, paper, electronics, Chemical Intermediates in addition to Agriculture, Resins & Glues and textile.