- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:111-30-8
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
Glutaric dialdehyde ( CASNO:111-30-8 )
Identification and Related Records
- Glutaric dialdehyde
- CAS Registry number:
- Glutaraldehyde Solution BP
glutaraldehyde sol,F. E. M.,~50% in H2O
glutaraldehyde sol,for E. M.,~25% in H2O
glutaraldehyde grade I
glutaraldehyde 50% aqueous solution*photographic
glutaraldehyde grade I 50% aqueous*solution
glutaraldehyde grade I 70% aqueous*solution
Glutaraldehyde, 25% Aqueous Solution
Glutaraldehyde 50% solution
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- Clear to yellowish liquid
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 0.583mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- soluble (soluble in alcohol)
- Colorless liquid
- Storage temp:
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.4338 @ 25 deg C
MASS: NIST 1116 (NIST/EPA/MCDC Mass Spectral Database 1990 Version)
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:100.11582 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:4
Topological Polar Surface Area:34.1
Heavy Atom Count:7
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:4
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:13
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Poison by ingestion, intravenous, and intraperitoneal routes. Moderately toxic by inhalation, skin contact, and subcutaneous routes. Experimental teratogenic and reproductive effects. A severe eye and human skin irritant. Mutation data reported. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes. See also ALDEHYDES.
Hazard Codes: T,Xn,N
Risk Statements: 36/37/38-42/43-34-50-23/25-41-20/22?
R36/37/38: Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin
R42/43: May cause sensitization by inhalation and skin contact
R34: Causes burns
R50: Very toxic to aquatic organisms
R23/25: Toxic by inhalation and if swallowed
R41: Risk of serious damage to the eyes
R20/22: Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed
Safety Statements: 23-26-45-36/37/39-61?
S23: Do not breathe vapour
S26: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
S45: In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label whenever possible.)?
S36/37/39: Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection
S61: Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions / safety data sheets
RIDADR: UN 2922 8/PG 2
WGK Germany: 3
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- A severe skin and eye irritant in humans.
Contact with liquid causes severe irritation of eyes and irritation of skin.
Eye and respiratory irritation are noted at a level of 0.3 ppm.
- UN 2810
- USEPA/OPP Pesticide Code 043901; Trade Names: Cidex, component of; Odix, component of; Aldesan; Alhydex; Glutaralum; Hospex; NCI-C55425; Sonacide; Coldcide-25 Microbiocide Concentrate; GKN-O Microbiocide Concentrate (043901+069104+069154).
IT HAS BEEN MARKETED AS 2% ALKALINE SOLN IN 70% ISOPROPANOL...
CIDEX (ARBROOK) TOPICAL: SOLN (AQ) 2%.
Grades: 99%; 50% biological soln; 25% soln.
EMPLOYED AS 25% SOLN IN WATER FOR EMBALMING FLUID.
2% AQ SOLN BUFFERED WITH 0.3% SODIUM CARBONATE TO PH OF 7.5-8.5 IS USEFUL FOR DISINFECTION AND STERILIZATION OF ENDOSCOPIC INSTRUMENTS & PLASTIC & RUBBER APPARATUS USED FOR INHALATION THERAPY & ANESTHESIA.
Electron microscopy grade is highly purified
Biocide; supplied in acid solution and subsequently buffered to pH 8
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- Microcapsules for flavoring substances. Microcapsules maybe safely used for encapsulating discrete particles of flavoring substances that are generally recognized as safe for their intended use or are regulated under this part, in accordance with the following conditions: ... Component: glutaraldehyde; Limitation: as cross-linking agent for insolubilizing a coacervate of gum araabic and gelatin.
Glutaraldehyde is an indirect food additive for use only as a component of adhesives.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Strong oxidizers, strong bases [Note: Alkaline solutions of glutaraldehyde (i.e., activated glutaraldehyde) react with alcohol, ketones, amines, hydrazines & proteins].
- Other Preventative Measures:
- SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
Containment of vapors and prevention of skin contact are important industrial hygiene principles to help avoid sensitization of the skin and respiratory irritation and/or asthma. Proper skin protection must be provided as well as ventilation controls.
The worker should immediately wash the skin when it becomes contaminated.
Work clothing that becomes wet or significantly contaminated should be removed and replaced.
SRP: Contaminated protective clothing should be segregated in such a manner so that there is no direct personal contact by personnel who handle, dispose, or clean the clothing. Quality assurance to ascertain the completeness of the cleaning procedures should be implemented before the decontaminated protective clothing is returned for reuse by the workers. Contaminated clothing should not be taken home at end of shift, but should remain at employee's place of work for cleaning.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Goggles or face shield; rubber gloves.
Neoprene or butyl rubber gloves are protective. Latex rubber gloves are not as protective.
Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact.
Eyewash fountains should be provided in areas where there is any possbility that workers could be exposed to the substance; this is irrespective of the recommendation involving the wearing of eye protection.
Facilities for quickly drenching the body should be provided within the immediate work area for emergency use where there is a possibility of exposure. [Note: It is intended that these facilities provide a sufficient quantity or flow of water to quickly remove the substance from any body areas likely to be exposed. The actual determination of what constitutes an adequate quick drench facility depends on the specific circumstances. In certain instances, a deluge shower should be readily available, whereas in others, the availability of water from a sink or hose could be considered adequate.]
- Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: At the time of review, criteria for land treatment or burial (sanitary landfill) disposal practices are subject to significant revision. Prior to implementing land disposal of waste residue (including waste sludge), consult with environmental regulatory agencies for guidance on acceptable disposal practices.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
THE 1:1 DIELS-ALDER ADDUCT OF ACROLEIN & VINYL ALKYL ETHER IS HYDROLYZED YIELDING GLUTARALDEHYDE & ALKANOL.
Prepared by heating 2-ethoxy-3,4-dihydro-2H-pyran with aq HClU.S. Production
(1974) PROBABLY GREATER THAN 4.54X10+5 GRAMS
(1976) PROBABLY GREATER THAN 2.27X10+6 GRAMS
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Pharmacological Action:
- - Reagents with two reactive groups, usually at opposite ends of the molecule, that are capable of reacting with and thereby forming bridges between side chains of amino acids in proteins; the locations of naturally reactive areas within proteins can thereby be identified; may also be used for other macromolecules, like glycoproteins, nucleic acids, or other.
- Substances used on inanimate objects that destroy harmful microorganisms or inhibit their activity. Disinfectants are classed as complete, destroying SPORES as well as vegetative forms of microorganisms, or incomplete, destroying only vegetative forms of the organisms. They are distinguished from ANTISEPTICS, which are local anti-infective agents used on humans and other animals. (From Hawley's Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 11th ed)
- Agents employed in the preparation of histologic or pathologic specimens for the purpose of maintaining the existing form and structure of all of the constituent elements. Great numbers of different agents are used; some are also decalcifying and hardening agents. They must quickly kill and coagulate living tissue.
- Therapeutic Uses:
- Disinfectants; Fixatives
...USED ON LIVING TISSUES IN TREATMENT OF WARTS & HYPERHIDROSIS.
Glutaral 2% in a buffered solution (pH 7.5) ... has an anhidrotic effect when applied to the palms and soles but not the axillae.
IT...POSSESSES TUBERCULOCIDAL ACTION.
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Material balance & pharmacokinetic studies were conducted with rats & rabbits including iv or topical dosing with [14C]glutaraldehyde. IV dosing resulted in radiochemical recovery from 86% to 101%. Principal route of recovery was as CO2 at 22% to 80% of the admin dose (7%-28% urinary, 0.2%-5% feces). Epicutaneous dosing resutled in radiochemical recovery primarily in the skin at the site of application (31%-61%) with no consistent accumulation in any other tissue. Rabbits absorbed 33% to 53% of the epicutaneously administered dose & rats absorbed 4.1% to 8.7%. Pharmacokinetic studies indicated percutaneous radiochemical absorption of 0.3% to 2.1% for rats & 2.5% to 15.6% for rabbits under conservative study conditions that are likely to overestimate potential human exposure conditions.
- Huizhou YOZHO Technology Co., Ltd.:
- The professional manufacturer of silicone materials.Growing your inmaginations!Founded in 2001, YOZHO is really a Hi-Tech enterprise focusing within the R&D, production, sales and service of silicone materials. Among the biggest producers of some number of silicone materials in China, YOZHO offers an array of innovative items and services for marketplaces including electronics, telecommunications, automobiles,machinery,safety and protection, home and construction, aerospace and paper industry.YOZHO sights its items and service quality to be based on its clients therefore we are focused available on the market and near to clients. YOZHO works carefully using its clients to know their companies and their anticipations. This close working relationship helps the organization to higher meet its
- Qingdao Grandxin Cap Co.,Ltd:
- Qingdao Grandxin Cap Co.,Ltd.?established in 2002,Website:http://www.zhxcaps.com,which occupies an area of over 8,000 square meters.Registered capital of RMB 5 million, We are professionally engaged in produces various baseball caps,sports caps,sun caps, winter hats, leisure hats. The workshop has more than 100 tailoring machines, 20 multi-thread embroidery machines made in japan, the specialized computer embroiders, from cutting out, sews, irons burns, to packing whole set assembly line. the product sells in distant markets the US, South Africa, Spain, South Korea, Arab,and so on countries and the area...Exported to more than 30 countries.Annual output 400,000 - 500,000 dozens...
- Best Bio-chemical Industry Co.,Ltd:
- Best Bio-chemical Industry Co.,Ltd is a potential company with 4 years experience , located in Anhui Province . Our open and flexible idea, The great belief management, using its stable marketing network and excellent business status maintain our development for the time being and is constantly on the expand.We specialized in chemicals ,such as Pharmaceutical Intermediates , research chemicals, fine chemicals and so on . Around the premise of great interest we be more conscious of quality. we stand on your benefit , give you the most reliable advice . For the first co-operation , we always suggest our client to take small amount to test our quality .We have an excellent in worldwide trade business, diligent honest professional talent Team, and evolving using the occasions, with "harmony,
- Taizhou Highsun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.:
- Taizhou Highsun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd is located in Linhai Coastal Industrial Zone of Zhejiang Provincial Chemical Raw Material Medicine Production Base (condition level). It's a scientific and technological enterprise designed and built according to cGMP needs that integrate research and output of APIs and Intermediates. you will find greater than 200 employees, among whom nearly 80 are technologists including greater than 30 of senior and medium-grade ones. Now, We've laboratories, pilot plants, high standard production plants in addition to perfect qc system and testing tools. We're continuously marketing new items towards the market, and almost 90% items are released to Europe, the united states, Japan, Korea and other nations and areas. We always insist upon the company tenet of "Cr
- Yinxiang chemical industry co.,ltd:
- We are classified as a famous manufacturing and way to obtain cosmetics and food additive on the planet. our primary items include: preservative: Methyl Paraben,Ethyl paraben,Propyl Paraben,Butyl Paraben SODIUM METHYLPARABEN,SODIUM ETHYLPARABEN, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN,SODIUM BUTYLPARABEN, diazolidinyl urea,Imidazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate (IPBC),Phenoxyethanol Sodium benzoate,Potassium sorbate,Citric acid vitamins: Vit A Acetate 1.0MIU 2.0MIU Vitamin A Acetate Powder CWS 325 500 Vit A Palmitate 1.0MIU 1.7MIU Vitamin A Palmitate Powder CWS 250 500 Vit A Acetate Crytal
- HUAYI CHEMICAL TRADING CO., LIMITED:
- HUAYI CHEMICAL IMPORT&EXPORT Buying and selling CO., LIMITED is among the greatest specialized manufacturer and exporter of chemical recycleables in china.specialized in most types of hormone chemicals,pharmaceutical intermediates and research chemicals etc. We've passed the ISO - 9001 quality management system certification.We'll supply the best service for clients around the globe with highly efficient work and excellent credit. Our Items mostly are released to:USA,Russia Europe, Africa, Middle East, Southeast Asia and other nations and regions. Welcome people positively involved, interact to produce a better tomorrow. based on equality and mutual benefit with the foreign buddies in trade and industry circles, Y
- Shandong China Coal Mining Group:
- Shandong China Coal Industrial&Mining Supplies Group Co.,Ltd (hereinafter known to as china coal) is really a group company, that is a assortment of e-commerce, machinery manufacturing, Software, research and development, modern logistics of huge varied industrial group. The group has 100 million yuan registered capital , using more than 1100 employees.
- Hangzhou Emperor Pigment Co.,Ltd:
- HANGZHOU EMPEROR PIGMENT CO., LTD is among the world leading pigment &lifier dyestuffs supplier situated in Zhejiang province,China, we have been marketing and supply high performance of pigment & dyestuffs products in paint/coating ﹑ printing inks ﹑ master batch and plastics industries to our clients from around the globe. Emperor Pigment make an effort to become your partners to offer the success of economic later on! Our range of products: Organic pigment Iron oxide pigment solvent dyes Chrome Pigment Titanium dioxide
- Shanghai Micro-mega Industry Co., Ltd.:
- Shanghai Micro-mega Industry Co.,
- Shenzhen Esigo Technology Co.,Ltd BJ:
- Nanjing Hubin Rubber & Plastic Products Co., Ltd is located in Nanjing,Website:http://www.hb-rubber.net, China, we are specialized in all kinds of rubber sheet or rubber mat. We have more than 60% products are exported to the worldwide with best quality and service. Our company has strong technical strength, advance production equipment, and passed the ISO9001 international quality system certification. We will continue working hard to progress and offer the customers more perfect products and services.