- Urgent Purchase CAS NO.:110-43-0
- Please post your buying leads! Our suppliers will contact you later!
- For suppliers to better understand your request, enter more info here.
2-Heptanone ( CASNO:110-43-0 )
Identification and Related Records
- CAS Registry number:
- Methyl amyl ketone
n-Amyl methyl ketone
Methyl n-pentyl ketone
N-BUTYL ETHYL KETONE
- Molecular Formula:
- Molecular Weight:
- Canonical SMILES:
Chemical and Physical Properties
- colorless liquid
- Melting Point:
- Boiling Point:
- 4.73mmHg at 25°C
- Refractive Index:
- Flash Point:
- 4.3 g/L (20℃)
- 4.3 g/L (20 oC)
- Colorless to white liquid
- Stable. Flammable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents, strong bases.
- HS Code:
- Storage temp:
- Flammables area
- Spectral properties:
- Index of refraction: 1.41156 at 15 deg C/D, 1.40729 at 25 deg C/D
INDEX OF REFRACTION: 1.4088 AT 20 DEG C/D; MAX ABSORPTION (METHYL ALCOHOL): 274 NM (LOG E= 1.34); SADTLER REF NUMBER: 340 (IR, PRISM)
IR: 10966 (Sadtler Research Laboratories IR Grating Collection)
UV: 1-167 (Organic Electronic Spectral Data, Phillips et al, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
1H NMR: 41 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
MASS: 61743 (NIST/EPA/MSDC Mass Spectral database, 1990 version; 407 (Atlas of Mass Spectral Data, John Wiley & Sons, New York)
Raman: 388 (Sadtler Research Laboratories Spectral Collection)
13C NMR: JJ 270
- Computed Properties:
- Molecular Weight:114.18546 [g/mol]
Rotatable Bond Count:4
Topological Polar Surface Area:17.1
Heavy Atom Count:8
Isotope Atom Count:0
Defined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Atom Stereocenter Count:0
Defined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Undefined Bond Stereocenter Count:0
Covalently-Bonded Unit Count:1
Feature 3D Acceptor Count:1
Feature 3D Hydrophobe Count:2
Effective Rotor Count:4
Conformer Sampling RMSD:0.6
CID Conformer Count:41
Safety and Handling
- Hazard Codes:
- Risk Statements:
- Safety Statements:
- Hazard Codes:?Xn
Risk Statements: 22-38-40-48-20/22-10?
R22:Harmful if swallowed.?
R38:Irritating to skin.?
R40:Limited evidence of a carcinogenic effect.?
R48:Danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure.?
R20/22:Harmful by inhalation and if swallowed.?
Safety Statements: 36-24/25?
S36:Wear suitable protective clothing.?
S24/25:Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
RIDADR: UN 2810 6.1/PG 3
WGK Germany: 2
HS Code: 29141990
Moderately toxic by ingestion. Mildly toxic by inhalation and skin contact. A skin irritant. A flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame; can react with oxidizing materials. To fight fire, use foam, CO2, dry chemical. When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and fumes. See also KETONES.
- Skin, Eye, and Respiratory Irritations:
- Vapor: Irritating to eyes, nose and throat. Liquid: Irritating to skin and eyes.
- UN 2810
- Fire Fighting Procedures:
- To fight fire, use foam, carbon dioxide, dry chemical.
- Fire Potential:
- A flammable liquid when exposed to heat or flame ...
- GRADE: Technical
- DOT Emergency Guidelines:
- /GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Fire or Explosion: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. Those substances designated with a "P" may polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Health: Inhalation or contact with material may irritate or burn skin and eyes. Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Runoff from fire control may cause pollution.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Public Safety: CALL Emergency Response Telephone Number ... . As an immediate precautionary measure, isolate spill or leak area for at least 50 meters (150 feet) in all directions. Keep unauthorized personnel away. Stay upwind. Keep out of low areas. Ventilate closed spaces before entering.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Protective Clothing: Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Structural firefighters' protective clothing will only provide limited protection.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Evacuation: Large spill: Consider initial downwind evacuation for at least 300 meters (1000 feet). Fire: If tank, rail car or tank truck is involved in a fire, ISOLATE for 800 meters (1/2 mile) in all directions; also, consider initial evacuation for 800 meters (1/2 mile) in all directions.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Fire: CAUTION: All these products have a very low flash point: Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small fires: Dry chemical, CO2, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray or fog; do not use straight streams. Move containers from fire area if you can do it without risk. Fire involving tanks or car/trailer loads: Fight fire from maximum distance or use unmanned hose holders or monitor nozzles. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. Withdraw immediately in case of rising sound from venting safety devices or discoloration of tank. ALWAYS stay away from tanks engulfed in fire. For massive fire, use unmanned hose holders or monitor nozzles; if this is impossible, withdraw from area and let fire burn.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ Spill or Leak: ELIMINATE all ignition sources (no smoking, flares, sparks or flames in immediate area). All equipment used when handling the product must be grounded. Do not touch or walk through spilled material. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Prevent entry into waterways, sewers, basements or confined areas. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. Use clean non-sparking tools to collect absorbed material. Large spills: Dike far ahead of liquid spill for later disposal. Water spray may reduce vapor; but may not prevent ignition in closed spaces.
/GUIDE 127: FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS (POLAR/WATER-MISCIBLE)/ First Aid: Move victim to fresh air. Call 911 or emergency medical service. Give artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult. Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with substance, immediately flush skin or eyes with running water for at least 20 minutes. Wash skin with soap and water. In case of burns, immediately cool affected skin for as long as possible with cold water. Do not remove clothing if adherencing to skin. Keep victim warm and quiet. Ensure that medical personnel are aware of the material(s) involved and take precautions to protect themselves.
- Exposure Standards and Regulations:
- 2-Heptanone is a food additive permitted for direct addition to food for human consumption, as long as 1) the quantity added to food does not exceed the amount reasonably required to accomplish its intended physical, nutritive, or other technical effect in food, and 2) when intended for use in or on food it is of appropriate food grade and is prepared and handled as a food ingredient. Synthetic flavoring substances and adjuvants /incl 2-Heptanone/ may be safely used in foods.
- Reactivities and Incompatibilities:
- Strong acids, alkalis, and oxidizers (Note: Will attack some forms of plastic).
- Other Preventative Measures:
- The basic ventilation methods are local exhaust ventilation and dilution or general ventilation.
SRP: Local exhaust ventilation should be applied wherever there is an incidence of point source emissions or dispersion of regulated contaminants in the work area. Ventilation control of the contaminant as close to its point of generation is both the most economical and safest method to minimize personnel exposure to airborne contaminants.
SRP: The scientific literature for the use of contact lenses in industry is conflicting. The benefit or detrimental effects of wearing contact lenses depend not only upon the substance, but also on factors including the form of the substance, characteristics and duration of the exposure, the uses of other eye protection equipment, and the hygiene of the lenses. However, there may be individual substances whose irritating or corrosive properties are such that the wearing of contact lenses would be harmful to the eye. In those specific cases, contact lenses should not be worn. In any event, the usual eye protection equipment should be worn even when contact lenses are in place.
The worker should immediately wash the skin when it becomes contaminated.
Work clothing that becomes wet or significantly contaminated should be removed and replaced.
- Protective Equipment and Clothing:
- Wear appropriate personal protective clothing to prevent skin contact.
Wear appropriate eye protection to prevent eye contact.
Respirator Recommendations : Up to 800 ppm: (Assigned Protection Factor = 10) Any chemical cartridge respirator with organic vapor cartridge(s). Substance reported to cause eye irritation or damage; may require eye protection./(Assigned Protection Factor = 25) Any powered, air-purifying respirator with organic vapor cartridge(s). Substance reported to cause eye irritation or damage; may require eye protection./(Assigned Protection Factor = 50) Any air-purifying, full-facepiece respirator (gas mask) with a chin-style, front- or back-mounted organic vapor canister./(Assigned Protection Factor = 10) Any supplied-air respirator. Substance reported to cause eye irritation or damage; may require eye protection./(Assigned Protection Factor = 50) Any self-contained breathing apparatus with a full facepiece.
Respirator Recommendations : Emergency or planned entry into unknown concentrations or IDLH conditions: (Assigned Protection Factor = 10,000) Any self-contained breathing apparatus that has a full facepiece and is operated in a pressure-demand or other positive-pressure mode./(Assigned Protection Factor = 10,000) Any supplied-air respirator that has a full facepiece and is operated in a pressure-demand or other positive-pressure mode in combination with an auxiliary self-contained positive-pressure breathing apparatus.
Respirator Recommendations : Escape: (Assigned Protection Factor = 50) Any air-purifying, full-facepiece respirator (gas mask) with a chin-style, front- or back-mounted organic vapor canister/Any appropriate escape-type, self-contained breathing apparatus.
- ? 2-Heptanone ,?its cas register number is 110-43-0. It also can be called?Amyl methyl ketone ; Butylacetone ; Ketone C-7 ;
?Ketone, methyl pentyl ; Methyl amyl ketone ; Methyl n-amyl ketone ; Methyl-amyl-cetone ; Methyl-n-amylketone?; Pentyl methyl ketone ; n-Amyl methyl ketone ; n-Pentyl methyl ketone . 2-Heptanone (CAS NO.110-43-0) is a?colorless, water-white liquid with a banana-like, fruity odor.
- Octanol/Water Partition Coefficient:
- log Kow = 1.98
- Reported in EPA TSCA Inventory.
- Disposal Methods:
- SRP: The most favorable course of action is to use an alternative chemical product with less inherent propensity for occupational exposure or environmental contamination. Recycle any unused portion of the material for its approved use or return it to the manufacturer or supplier. Ultimate disposal of the chemical must consider: the material's impact on air quality; potential migration in soil or water; effects on animal, aquatic, and plant life; and conformance with environmental and public health regulations.
Use and Manufacturing
- Use and Manufacturing:
- Methods of Manufacturing
Produced industrially by reductive condensation of acetone with butyraldehyde in one or two steps.
Prepd by the ketone decomposition of ethyl butylacetoacetate; by hydration of 1-heptyne and 2-heptyneU.S. Production
This chemical is listed as a High Production Volume (HPV) (65FR81686). Chemicals listed as HPV were produced in or imported into the U.S. in >1 million pounds in 1990 and/or 1994. The HPV list is based on the 1990 Inventory Update Rule. (IUR) (40 CFR part 710 subpart B; 51FR21438).
(1972) GREATER THAN 4.54X10+5 G
(1975) GREATER THAN 4.54X10+5 G
(1986) >10 million-50 million pounds
(1990) >10 million-50 million pounds
(1994) >10 million-50 million pounds
(1998) >10 million-50 million pounds
(2002) >10 million-50 million pounds
- Industrial solvent, solvent for synthetic resin finishes, fragrance ingredient in creams, lotions, perfumes, soaps & detergents, flavor ingredient in foods, inert reaction medium.
Biomedical Effects and Toxicity
- Biomedical Effects and Toxicity:
- Results of tissue distribution studies of (14)C methyl n-amyl ketone in rats comparing ip and inhalation routes of exposure were similar. Liver tissue had the highest level of radioactivity regardless of the route of admin; however, no liver pathology was observed. Urinary excretion accounted for 25% of the admin dose after 12 hr. [Lynch DW et al; Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 58 (3): 341-52 (1981)] PubMed Abstract
/It was/ reported that 41% of an orally administered dose of 0.95g/kg /methyl n-amyl ketone/ in rabbits was excreted as 2-heptyl glucuronide ...Inhibition of P450 2EL increases the amount of MnAK exhaled.
Environmental Fate and Exposure Potential
- Environmental Fate/Exposure Summary:
- TERRESTRIAL FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 280(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 1.98(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that 2-heptanone is expected to have moderate mobility in soil(SRC). Volatilization of 2-heptanone from moist soil surfaces is expected to be an important fate process(SRC) given a Henry's Law constant of 1.69X10-4 atm-cu m/mole(4). 2-Heptanone is expected to volatilize from dry soil surfaces(SRC) based upon a vapor pressure of 3.85 mm Hg(5). Screening studies indicate that 2-heptanone is likely to biodegrade in aquatic systems under aerobic conditions(6-9).
AQUATIC FATE: Based on a classification scheme(1), an estimated Koc value of 280(SRC), determined from a log Kow of 1.98(2) and a regression-derived equation(3), indicates that 2-heptanone is not expected to adsorb to suspended solids and sediment(SRC). Volatilization from water surfaces is expected(3) based upon a Henry's Law constant of 1.69X10-4 atm-cu m/mole(4). Using this Henry's Law constant and an estimation method(3), volatilization half-lives for a model river and model lake are 4.8 hours and 6 days, respectively(SRC). According to a classification scheme(5), an estimated BCF of 7(SRC), from its log Kow(2) and a regression-derived equation(6), suggests the potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms is low(SRC). Screening studies indicate that 2-heptanone is likely to biodegrade in aquatic systems under aerobic conditions(7-10).
ATMOSPHERIC FATE: According to a model of gas/particle partitioning of semivolatile organic compounds in the atmosphere(1), 2-heptanone, which has a vapor pressure of 3.85 mm Hg at 25 deg C(2), is expected to exist solely as a vapor in the ambient atmosphere. Vapor-phase 2-heptanone is degraded in the atmosphere by reaction with photochemically-produced hydroxyl radicals(SRC); the half-life for this reaction in air is estimated to be 1.4 days(SRC), calculated from its rate constant of 1.17X10-11 cu cm/molecule-sec at 25 deg C(3). Although 2-heptanone has the potential of being removed from the atmosphere by direct photochemical degradation(4), the rate of this process is not expected to be able to compete with atmospheric removal by the reaction with hydroxyl radicals(SRC).
- Jiaxing Aosinuo Warp Knitting Co., Ltd:
- Jiaxing Aosinuo Warp Knitting Co., Ltd. which located in the Yangtze River Delta with a convenient transportation,Website:http://www.aosinuo-knitting.com, is a company specialized in various warp knitting fabrics. Aosinuo has always adhered to the operating concept of "sincerity and harmoniousness". Our company specialized in the producing of short floss, crystal super velboa, spandex super velboa, suede, imitated super soft, imitated velveteen, velour, terry, mercerized and other warp knitting products which can widely be used in home textiles, fashionable dress, sofa, shoes and hats, tools and other areas. With the high quality products, favorable price, Aosinuo warp knitting always have a good sales among the customers and the whole market. To benefit from the complete and scientific q
- Green-Aqua Equipment&Electrical Co.Ltd:
- Water Bottling Machine&Water Treatment Machine manufacturer in China for more than 20 years. "Two years warranty ",Website:http://www.waterfillingline.com,"Qualified Products, Customized Services, Competitive Prices and Timely Delivery" is my company principle.
- Tangshan Baotie Coal&Chemical Co.,Ltd:
- Tangshan Baotie Coal &lifier Chemical Co., Ltd. (Baotie) is dedicated to the production and purchase of Maleic anhydride, refined benzene, dinaphthol, waterreducer, bitumen, anthracene oil, and methanol which are all refined from tarand crude benzene. Our company is located in Tangshan which is famous for its Iron and Steel industry and 100km from Tianjin Port.Baotie released our tar process with production capacity of 100,000 tonne/y andcrude benzene process with production capacity of 30,000 tonne/y in 2005, withintegrated technology of refining coal items. We built a maleic anhydrideplant in the year 2006, a water reducer plant in 2007, and a dinaphthol plant in 2008.In addition, to be able to hone our worldwide edge against your competitors, Baotiebroadened producing maleic anhyd
- Zhejiang Dongfeng Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd.:
- profile: ZheJiang DongFeng Chem.Ind Co., Ltd. is involved in the development and sales of pesticide sprays. We're an ISO 9001:2000 registered company. We offer bactericides, Pesticides, acaricides, herbicides and chemical intermediates. Ourtrifluralin is really a type of soil processing reagent being extensively utilized in dry land before germination. Our triclopyr is really a systemic herbicide and could be quickly absorbed by leaves & root system. It's employed for the charge of broad-leaved weed, Shrub and woodsy plant. Ourchlorpyrifos can be used for controlling unwanted pests in soil, ectoparasites on animals and household unwanted pests.
- DongGuan SunYuu Automotive Equipment co,.ltd PV:
- Sunyuu checking fixture is engaged in the production of reliable checking fixtures,Website:http://www.sunyuu.asia, an inspection tool used for body sub-assemblies and vehicle frames.?Our checking fixtures provide effective and accurate inspections and enable you in measurement comparison.?We manufacture checking fixtures advanced technology and standard configurations to supply premium performance to the user.?Ideal for light as well as heavy duty industries, the fixtures provided by us have high tensile strength, accurate dimensions, rigid construction, long lasting and corrosion resistance.?Easy to install,?we supply our checking fixtures in customized specifications and dimensions.? Apart from this, our fixtures can be availed at the lowest prices as compare to other suppliers.?The fix
- Quanzhou Karassn Security Protection Electronics C:
- Karassn Security&Protection Electronics Company Ltd. started in 2000 situated in Quanzhou, China. We're an expert developer and manufacturer of fine quality security items. Karassn may be the people from the China Security Industry Association and the Quanzhou Security Technology Association. With strong R&D team, Karassn is promoting 14 major lines of security items and greater than 100 kinds of security items, that are broadly utilized in security alarm, commercial security, and INDUSTRIAL SECURITY. We fully adhere to ISO 9001:2008 standards, and the majority of our items happen to be CCC and CE approved. We firmly think that the strict monitoring of every part of the manufacturing process is paramount towards the superior performance in our items. http://world wide web.karassnsecurity.c
- Unidus Tube Supply Co,Ltd:
- Unidus Corporation has grown into one of the largest international and domestic?tubing supplier in China. We provide one stop service to your exact product specifications globally. Our central location in?Hongkong and our?import&export company’s office and?factory in Suzhou,Website:http://www.unidusgroup.com, Jiangsu, allows us to efficiently monitor our manufacturing schedule to meet our customers’ time line and budget needs. Unidus Tube's?inventory includes carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, titanium, copper/brass and aluminium in all products. Our OD range is 1/8″ through 60″ with wall thickness up to 3.”?We mostly specialize in hydraulic cylinder pipe(honed tube),mechanical tubing and heat exchanger&boiler including finned tube as well as U bent tube.In addition, we supply oil
- Nocti Group:
- Thanks for visiting Nocti Group! Nocti Group worldwide network What we should promise is 360°considerate service!
- Beijing Haizhongbao Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.:
- profile: Beijing Haizhongbao Industry & Trade Co., Ltd. handles antioxidants, organotonin and alcohols. Our alcohol series includes octadecyl alcohol, LAURYL ALCOHOL, singlePentaerythritol and Pentaerythritol. Octadecyl alcohol is really a white-colored crystalline powder or solid that doesn't dissolve in water. It's accustomed to produce surface active agents. Lauryl alcohol can be used to create surface active agents and chemical fiber preparation agents.